6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Just ordered new mods...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Just ordered new mods...

I just got back from Autobacs in Stanton, CA, and purchased Injen CAI, Greddy SP2, and Eibach springs. Here is a quick rundown for the ones who might be interested in prices.

1. Injen CAI = $264.99 + tax
2. Greddy SP2 = $683.99 + tax
3. Eibach springs = $224.99 + tax

* Installation for all above parts came out to be $310

I'm getting the installation done this Saturday, and will post pictures upon completion.

I think the prices were quite reasonable after browsing through the internet, and the place was absolutely amazing!! They already have 50+ Autobacs in Japan, 2 in France, and 1st here in US. It's very similar to Pepboys, but with all aftermarket high-end products. If anyone lives around this area, you might want to check this place out... Their phone # is 714-903-9900, and website is www.autobacsusa.com.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:10 PM

Stage ONE liftoff!

Nice purchase Korean, bet you cant wait til Saturday.....post them pics!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
Stage ONE liftoff!

Nice purchase Korean, bet you cant wait til Saturday.....post them pics!
Oh yeah~~~ Thanks, and pics will be coming soon...
Old 03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
*moderator*

Autobacs is an amazing place, they installed my alarm. I go there often just to cruise around and mess with all the fun stuff they have. Good customer service and just about every cool thing you could want for your car...
Good luck with the install, you're going to be stoked!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I live in upland which is nearby. Maybe us southern cal maxima owners can get together there and check it out?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:05 PM
*moderator*

Here's their website link if you want to check it out...
http://www.autobacsusa.com/

Sounds good let's do it...I think there's at least 5 or 6 of us in the area...
Old 03-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Autobacs is an amazing place, they installed my alarm. I go there often just to cruise around and mess with all the fun stuff they have. Good customer service and just about every cool thing you could want for your car...
Good luck with the install, you're going to be stoked!!!
Hey Jsmith, I know you have your car lowered with Eibachs front and back, right? How do you like it? You have 20" wheels too, right? I'm a bit worried about the rear, as it only has a finger gap at this point already... I kinda like the back as it is right now... Any advices for me please? I have a schedule to lower it this weekend...
Old 03-09-2005, 08:09 PM

Here's their website link if you want to check it out...
http://www.autobacsusa.com/

Sounds good let's do it...I think there's at least 5 or 6 of us in the area...
Wow, that Autobacs looks awesome. I wish we had something like that in Houston. Talk about a kid in a candy store!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 PM

post them pics!
lol, yeah the springs will make a visual difference. Pics will be the happiest you are with your mods, unless of course it's all about the noise.

BTW, I'm in the North Dallas area, if anyone wants to do a real world dyno against a stock Max, let me know. Put the intake and exhaust on, stop light to stop light, you'll lose to a stocker. Over 100mph? Yeah, you'll probably pull half a length. Worth $1K?

I've gotta be honest though, I took the pin stripes and the badges off, so I'm saving like 2/10's of an ounce.. gotta be worth what? 5 hp?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:04 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by koreanmaximan
Hey Jsmith, I know you have your car lowered with Eibachs front and back, right? How do you like it? You have 20" wheels too, right? I'm a bit worried about the rear, as it only has a finger gap at this point already... I kinda like the back as it is right now... Any advices for me please? I have a schedule to lower it this weekend...

When they first put my springs on they only put the front, it looked good but I like the extra tuck. I just wish the front was a hair lower...
I'm not sure if you are going to wait around there for your car but maybe they can show it to you without the rears in, keep in mind also that the springs won't be settled. I didn't notice too much difference after they settled though.
Here's a close up of my rear (wheel that is):
Old 03-09-2005, 09:09 PM

jsmith.. looks nice! How is it with passengers? Any issues? Bumpy roads, etc?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:58 PM
*moderator*

I don't have too many passengers but I have had people back there and have had no problems. As for bumpy roads etc..it's fine, obviously a bit stiffer and noisier than stock but fine. I'm going on a year and a half with no issues...
Old 03-09-2005, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
Wow, that Autobacs looks awesome. I wish we had something like that in Houston. Talk about a kid in a candy store!
I agree. I wish we had something like that here on the east coast. Never can find a good tuning shop, and certainly none to that extensive selection. Now i'm jealous...
Old 03-09-2005, 11:01 PM

Ill check it out and let u guys know how fun th store is, lolol!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:51 PM

hey im a pretty good distance from super autobachs. Maybe we should meet up sometiem and discuss our car. Im in west covina BTW
Old 03-10-2005, 12:20 AM

Whew! I saw the title of this thread and thought NismoMax80 and bluemaxx were being deposed. My first thought was 'there goes the neighborhood'.

I am relieved to know there has been no coup d etat.

Good luck with the mods . . er, modifications, koreanmaximan.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:03 AM

I don't have too many passengers but I have had people back there and have had no problems. As for bumpy roads etc..it's fine, obviously a bit stiffer and noisier than stock but fine. I'm going on a year and a half with no issues...
I have couple more questions for you.

I couldn't really tell by the picture, but do the rear tires actually tuck under the fender? Can you fit any thing (i.e. finger...) between the tire and rear fender? Do the rear wheels stay straight (perpendicular) with the ground, or do they butterfly (top wheel slightly tilted towards inside)? What your tire thickness?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Ill check it out and let u guys know how fun th store is, lolol!!!
You'll go bananas~~ It's so fun and interesting..
Old 03-10-2005, 08:06 AM

I have couple more questions for you.

I couldn't really tell by the picture, but do the rear tires actually tuck under the fender? Can you fit any thing (i.e. finger...) between the tire and rear fender? Do the rear wheels stay straight (perpendicular) with the ground, or do they butterfly (top wheel slightly tilted towards inside)? What your tire thickness?
I was also concerned about unbalanced tire wearing if the wheels were tucked inside the fender, and slightly butterflied...
Old 03-10-2005, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Whew! I saw the title of this thread and thought NismoMax80 and bluemaxx were being deposed. My first thought was 'there goes the neighborhood'.

I am relieved to know there has been no coup d etat.

Good luck with the mods . . er, modifications, koreanmaximan.
Thank you Sir!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
*moderator*

I couldn't really tell by the picture, but do the rear tires actually tuck under the fender? Can you fit any thing (i.e. finger...) between the tire and rear fender? Do the rear wheels stay straight (perpendicular) with the ground, or do they butterfly (top wheel slightly tilted towards inside)? What your tire thickness? I was also concerned about unbalanced tire wearing if the wheels were tucked inside the fender, and slightly butterflied...

You can fit your finger in there barely, it's hard to see from the pics due to the shadow. The rears stay straight no camber, tire wear's been fine. The tires are: 245/35/20's
Old 03-10-2005, 05:30 PM

You can fit your finger in there barely, it's hard to see from the pics due to the shadow. The rears stay straight no camber, tire wear's been fine. The tires are: 245/35/20's
That's what I wanted to know from you. Thanx!!

BTW, my tires are 255/35/20. It shouldn't matter too much, right?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:23 PM
*moderator*

I'm not to sure. If you plan on having rear passengers maybe the tire would rub? Not sure, there a couple of people on here that are running 255's maybe they'll chime in...
Old 03-10-2005, 06:48 PM

I'm not to sure. If you plan on having rear passengers maybe the tire would rub? Not sure, there a couple of people on here that are running 255's maybe they'll chime in...
Are there anyone else running 255/35/20 tires on eibach lowered springs? I really need to know this ASAP... I'm installing my goodies this Saturday, and I wanna make sure what I'm doing and also could tell the technicians what to do...
Old 03-10-2005, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Okiewan
lol, yeah the springs will make a visual difference. Pics will be the happiest you are with your mods, unless of course it's all about the noise.

BTW, I'm in the North Dallas area, if anyone wants to do a real world dyno against a stock Max, let me know. Put the intake and exhaust on, stop light to stop light, you'll lose to a stocker. Over 100mph? Yeah, you'll probably pull half a length. Worth $1K?

I've gotta be honest though, I took the pin stripes and the badges off, so I'm saving like 2/10's of an ounce.. gotta be worth what? 5 hp?
Ya, that "debagging" you did surely will eat anyones mods.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:26 PM

LOL, I need a spell checker.
Debagging could mean taking the groceries out of the trunk?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:21 AM

Are there anyone else running 255/35/20 tires on eibach lowered springs? I really need to know this ASAP... I'm installing my goodies this Saturday, and I wanna make sure what I'm doing and also could tell the technicians what to do...
Heah, I had the eibachs with 255's. You will get rubbing with adult passengers going over bumps. I can put my 3 kids back there with no problems. I went back to stock because my wife was so careless with the car. But now that we're getting divorced the max will become my daily driver and the eibachs are going back on. I can't take that front gap anymore. As far as the rear, screw it. I'll buy new tires if they get jacked up. My max is more of a cruiser anyway. I hardly ever drive it hard. And therefore it was really never an issue with me. With that said. Go for the drop, you'll be happy you did. Get rid of that nasty gap.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:24 AM

I forgot to mention. Post a sound clip of your Greddy's. I'm looking for an exuast but don't now which one I like.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by elcopan
Heah, I had the eibachs with 255's. You will get rubbing with adult passengers going over bumps. I can put my 3 kids back there with no problems. I went back to stock because my wife was so careless with the car. But now that we're getting divorced the max will become my daily driver and the eibachs are going back on. I can't take that front gap anymore. As far as the rear, screw it. I'll buy new tires if they get jacked up. My max is more of a cruiser anyway. I hardly ever drive it hard. And therefore it was really never an issue with me. With that said. Go for the drop, you'll be happy you did. Get rid of that nasty gap.
Well noted, many thanx!!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:37 AM

koreanmaximaman, its saturday and almost 1pm on the east coast already, the 3 hour time difference is no excuse...stop slacking!

how are the installations going? pictures pictures pictures!

Old 03-12-2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ohthatshot
koreanmaximaman, its saturday and almost 1pm on the east coast already, the 3 hour time difference is no excuse...stop slacking!

how are the installations going? pictures pictures pictures!

Ok, it's 2:10pm now... Just picked up my car and got back home. Good news is that I got the Injen CAI and Eibachs installed, but the Greddy SP2 came defected... Somehow the welding for muffler hanger was not equal. Technician said that it was the first defected part from Greddy he's seen in very long time... Anyways, they'll reorder the SP2s next Monday, and I should be able to install it middle of next week. I'm also ordering the Stillen RSB since they'll have to take out the exhaust to install the RSB (less installation charge).

BTW, I only installed front Eibachs and just took the rear Eibachs back home. For how it is right now, it looks just PERFECT... I know it'll look even better when the springs settle in a little more... Also, madly happy with the Injen CAI.

I'll post pics as soon as I also install the SP2.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:17 PM

Sweet on the springs... ride report? I didn't notice if you still run the stock 18's?
I'd like to hear if there is any real ride compromise, issues with scraping the front, etc.
Theres so much talk about the front gap, it's starting to bother me
Old 03-12-2005, 03:07 PM

Ok, it's 2:10pm now... Just picked up my car and got back home. Good news is that I got the Injen CAI and Eibachs installed, but the Greddy SP2 came defected... Somehow the welding for muffler hanger was not equal. Technician said that it was the first defected part from Greddy he's seen in very long time... Anyways, they'll reorder the SP2s next Monday, and I should be able to install it middle of next week. I'm also ordering the Stillen RSB since they'll have to take out the exhaust to install the RSB (less installation charge).

BTW, I only installed front Eibachs and just took the rear Eibachs back home. For how it is right now, it looks just PERFECT... I know it'll look even better when the springs settle in a little more... Also, madly happy with the Injen CAI.

I'll post pics as soon as I also install the SP2.
Korean, come on man, post some pics of that drop! Cant wait to see them.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:20 PM
*moderator*

Congrats man!!! Let's get those pics!!!

Okiewan,
I've had my car lowered for 1 1/2 yrs now and I love the fact that the front end still clears parking blocks and curbs (if you go too far the small spoiler underneath will scrape. But other than that I've been completely happy!!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Okiewan
Sweet on the springs... ride report? I didn't notice if you still run the stock 18's?
I'd like to hear if there is any real ride compromise, issues with scraping the front, etc.
Theres so much talk about the front gap, it's starting to bother me
I'm running with 20" wheels with 255/35 tires. I've only dropped the front to compensate the gap, and it worked out GREAT!! I could fit exactly two fingers between the front gap and barely two fingers in the back, so when the front settles in it should even out very nice~~

As for the ride, I love it. It could be a little stiff, but I like it. It just helps reminding me that my car is lowered now... Ground clearance is so much better than I expected.

Bottom line, it looks soooo much better now, ride's still good, and clearance is a pleasant surprise~~ Two big thumbs up for Eibach!!

Guys, please give me few more days for the pics... I want to install the SP2 and RSB during next week, and get a nice carwash before posting pics.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
*moderator*

When are you going back to Autobacs? I was planning a trip down this weekend sometime...
Old 03-16-2005, 08:27 PM

Hey, how bout Sunday early afternoon?
Old 03-16-2005, 08:44 PM

I'm running with 20" wheels with 255/35 tires. I've only dropped the front to compensate the gap, and it worked out GREAT!!
I see you took my advice....I am glad it worked out for you. Can't wait to see those pics.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:49 AM

When are you going back to Autobacs? I was planning a trip down this weekend sometime...
I was actually at Autobacs yesterday to finally install the Greddy SP2. Got it done and absolutely love it~~ I know, I know... I'm supposed to take pics..., but it's gonna rain over the weekend and again during next week, so I'm gonna hold off on those pics. I'll definitely post pics as soon as weather allows me to clean my car first...

I'd love to meet this weekend, but going out of town for a company workshop from Friday night to Sunday late evening... Why don't you guys meet up first, and I'll try to join you guys at the next meet.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:26 PM

where the pics at yo?