6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Lower billet...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

I prefer the longer lower billet grill between the two, the shorter would go great with a front end like Wakkus_Maximus picture. Looks a little like Adolf Hitlers Mustache. But hey, your ride, your taste, your call..

Old 05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
GrandPa

WOW that is a shiny ride.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:13 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by chernmax
I prefer the longer lower billet grill between the two, the shorter would go great with a front end like Wakkus_Maximus picture. Looks a little like Adolf Hitlers Mustache. But hey, your ride, your taste, your call..

Thats what we're all about... kinda like the stickers on your bumper.
That pic is shiny as h3ll though, what're you usin?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Thats what we're all about... kinda like the stickers on your bumper.
That pic is shiny as h3ll though, what're you usin?
Oh, now that is hitting below the bumper

It's all good, didn't say I didn't like it. I just have a different taste.

"When All Men Think Alike, No One Thinks Very Much"

As for car cleaning products, I like MEGUIAR’S Maybe not as good as Zymol, however less than half the price. My car is also garaged kept so that helps also.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:53 PM

where do you go to get the lower billet part? I see place for the top grille, but never the bottom? Where do you guys go to get it? I might do this too....
Old 05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by blakstarz
where do you go to get the lower billet part? I see place for the top grille, but never the bottom? Where do you guys go to get it? I might do this too....
I brought my at Stillen.com
Old 05-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645

There's the current ad on eBay.

CM
Old 05-17-2005, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
That is where I got my lower grill from.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:03 PM

I got mine today and put it on. Only took about 15 minutes. I think its not quite silver enough for me. We'll see what I think in a week or two after I've had it on there. I was thinking of spraying it silver. Maybe masking the chrome somehow while I do it. Dunno....

I see what you guys mean by the clips being a PITA. I taped them in place and then put the screws in. Longer screws would be another good idea. To help reach the brackets from further out.

I installed it with the clips hanging under the plastic trim in the center of the OEM lower grill. I couldn't get it to work with the clips on the top of the center section. Is that what y'all did too?

CM
Old 05-25-2005, 03:23 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

I'll have to double-check when it isn't raining but I believe mine are on top of the OEM plastic. However, if it fits like you want and is tight, you are good to go. Heck, if I remember right, the instructions weren't specific in the way it should be done anyway.

BTW: How many beers did you need to get the install right?
Old 05-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I JUST installed mine from ebay... I had to take the main grille off so that I could reach down behind the lower bumper part to hold the clip in place. Also, the key for me was getting a longer screw... what I did was screw the clips onto each end very loosely, so they were barely holding on, and while reaching down the back side of the bumper, pushed the grille in and pulled the clips from behind until they both were latched, then I screwed in the screws till they were tight.

It looks great! Well worth a whole $40!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:32 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by chrisaust
I JUST installed mine from ebay... I had to take the main grille off so that I could reach down behind the lower bumper part to hold the clip in place. Also, the key for me was getting a longer screw... what I did was screw the clips onto each end very loosely, so they were barely holding on, and while reaching down the back side of the bumper, pushed the grille in and pulled the clips from behind until they both were latched, then I screwed in the screws till they were tight.

It looks great! Well worth a whole $40!
You have some great looking pictures on your site. How about some pictures of your ride? Warren
Old 05-26-2005, 08:45 AM

haha... well I'm planning in the next few weeks to have a bunch of stuff put on the car... not to mention I will be the test vehicle for redlinemax's brand new, double-secret front end and side skirts (the same place sponsoring chernmax), so I'm gonna wait I think until that starts happening before taking more shots.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:57 AM
GrandPa

haha... well I'm planning in the next few weeks to have a bunch of stuff put on the car... not to mention I will be the test vehicle for redlinemax's brand new, double-secret front end and side skirts (the same place sponsoring chernmax), so I'm gonna wait I think until that starts happening before taking more shots.
Thats great, grads for being picked. I also quess its not a secret any more what they are doing. Later Warren
Old 05-26-2005, 09:01 AM

Chris, looking forward to seeing the shots you take of your ride, just visited your web site and you do some awesome photograhy work. Excellent...
Old 05-26-2005, 09:07 AM

well its not secret what they are doing... just what its going to look like
Old 07-05-2005, 06:12 PM

Lower Grill

Hey quick question on my 2004 Max, I ordered the lower grill from Stillen and it came in, however no directions came with it. Has anyone installed the 7 line grill before? Any pics on how to take the old one off? It has two clips with it and two screws. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to install it. I did my main grill, however do I take off the black old grill or just put this one over it? Can't figure it out and look on the org for anything on it but no luck. Thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 06:37 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

This is the thread you want. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=grille

To install, you do not have to take anything off. Just loosely screw the clips on and position the grill over the one that is there. From there, you need to get the hooks around the back of the black grille that is there. Just tighten your screws and you are done.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:51 AM

I took off the main grille before putting the lower one on, just because it made it a LOT easier to be able to reach down behind the bumper and grab the clips and pull them back into the car to latch on securely.... Boone's right, screw the clips on just barely so they stay, then use one finger to hold the clip all the way in the lower grille, then with your other hand reach down behind the bumper till you feel the clip and pull it till it latches over the black plastic park... once you get both latched, then you can use a screwdriver to tighten... but yes, the new grille just goes over the black plastic part.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by boone
All it does is screw on using two clips that hook to the back of the existing lower grillework. I haven't taken mine off since installing it but I don't see where it would cause any damage.
It doesn't really cause damage. I removed mine a couple of days ago to clean it and the lower bumper looks ok. There seemes to be small indentations in the plastic but nothing too bad.