6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

6th gen leather e-brake boot (pics) - looking for donors for shift boots!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 03:45 AM
Former Sponsor

6th gen leather e-brake boot (pics) - looking for donors for shift boots!

Hi guys,

for those of you who don't know me, my name is Maciek and I represent RedlineGoods.com, a sponsor of Maxima.org and a long-time producer of genuine italian leather shift and brake boots for various cars. If you search for "RedlineGoods" you'll see a lot of our posts on this forum - and a LOT of positive comments from our customers for earlier gen Maximas!

As of a few days ago we now have a confirmed template for a leather e-brake boot for the 04 Maxima! Pictures can be found below. For those of you who will NOT want an aftermarket e-brake handle, the boot can be nicely folded and sewn on top which will make for a very flush fit with the stock cover (only the handle part will stick out of a nicely finished brake boot).

We are looking for donors of the stock shift boots. The deal is this: send me your stock boot, order our boot (which we'll make basing on a template made from your stock one) and once you send us pictures of what it looks like in your car along with a short install-write up we'll give you ALL of your money

Offer available on a first come-first served basis. Please POST a reply HERE if you're interested, we'll PM you in the order of the replies being posted. Please DO NOT email me just yet as this will not count, only replies to this thread will.

Take care all,
Maciek
Old 05-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Oh that's hot... you have pictures with the stock handle?

And how much are we talking about?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if you already have a confirmed template, then why do you need for us to send in ours?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by PaL379

if you already have a confirmed template, then why do you need for us to send in ours?
I was thinking the same thing... but my guess is that they actually glue/sew this on top of the stock boot or something? They're melting the stock ones and using them to build a plastic house? I don't know...

That part sounds iffy, but nobody would come here and try to scam in bulk for something like an e-brake boot, would they?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by viguera
Oh that's hot... you have pictures with the stock handle?
Thanks! The pics above are the only ones I have, unfortunately - so far! I'm hoping to have more soon.

And how much are we talking about?
We have a policy of charging $40 for a single shift boot and $60 if you buy both. The 6th gen prices will follow that price schedule.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PaL379
Please re-read my post. We have the EBRAKE boot ready (and photographed) because the donor drives an AUTO. We need the SHIFT boot template now to have a complete set for the manual 6th gens.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Former Sponsor

I was thinking the same thing... but my guess is that they actually glue/sew this on top of the stock boot or something? They're melting the stock ones and using them to build a plastic house? I don't know...

That part sounds iffy, but nobody would come here and try to scam in bulk for something like an e-brake boot, would they?
No no, I must have failed to make my point clear. The way the ebrake boot is attached is very simple, it's a simple pull-on on the stock, plastic cover. The version in the picture was customized for the thick handle: the top was slightly longer and it was NOT folded and sewn over, because Chris (owner of car) wanted to secure the top of the boot under his aftermarket handle.

For STOCK handles, the boot will be folded and sewn around with decorative thread around the top opening, so that after pulling it on your stock handle, only the part you grab while engaging ebrake will be visible, and the rest of the shape will be covered by leather. VERY simple install really.

As for our creditibility, here are some links to our other threads on this site, if you have any doubts if we're credible, just grab a cup of coffee and read the plethora of positive comments from other org members they contain.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=368619

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=397838

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=397839

Take care,
Maciek
Old 05-05-2005, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods.com
No no, I must have failed to make my point clear. The way the ebrake boot is attached is very simple, it's a simple pull-on on the stock, plastic cover. The version in the picture was customized for the thick handle: the top was slightly longer and it was NOT folded and sewn over, because Chris (owner of car) wanted to secure the top of the boot under his aftermarket handle.
Yeah, I misunderstood the original post. It still looks good though, but I have an auto, hence no shift boot, so I'm out of the "contest"

BUT I still think the ebrake boot is hot... you have a link so I can order it? I looked on the website but didn't find it...

Now I gotta find a decent picture of an aftermarket ebrake handle... the pictures on customenterprise are real assy, and I wanna get something nice but not ricey.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah, I misunderstood the original post. It still looks good though, but I have an auto, hence no shift boot, so I'm out of the "contest"

BUT I still think the ebrake boot is hot... you have a link so I can order it? I looked on the website but didn't find it...
Feel free to order a 5th gen one and use the note field on the order form to comment you want a 6th gen one. I haven't had time to update the website to include the 6th gen "properly" just yet.

If you order a boot for a stock handle and send me pictures of such, I'd be happy to give you 25% of your money back (I need pics for the site!)

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 05-05-2005, 07:18 AM

Feel free to order a 5th gen one and use the note field on the order form to comment you want a 6th gen one. I haven't had time to update the website to include the 6th gen "properly" just yet.
Placing the order now... just trying to find out which leather better matches my Latte interior though...

If you order a boot for a stock handle and send me pictures of such, I'd be happy to give you 25% of your money back (I need pics for the site!)

Thank you!
Maciek
Make you a better deal... give me a link to a killer ebrake cover that's not too ricey and I'll send you pictures of both once I get them installed... and you don't have to refund me anything.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Hey Max fans, just wanted to let everyone know on the Org that Maciek and his "Red Line Goods Crew" does outstanding quality work. I was the first to send him a template for the E-brake handle "could not stand the plastic look of the old" and those are close up pictures of my ride he is using with my permission. I can not say enough about the superb quality, once I install my wooddash, it should set the whole dash off, not to say how hot it looks now. Thanks again Maciek for the superb craftmanship and great communication in making the FIRST 6th gen E-brake boot. Peace...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Hey Max fans, just wanted to let everyone know on the Org that Maciek and his "Red Line Goods Crew" does outstanding quality work. I was the first to send him a template for the E-brake handle "could not stand the plastic look of the old" and those are close up pictures of my ride he is using with my permission. I can not say enough about the superb quality, once I install my wooddash, it should set the whole dash off, not to say how hot it looks now. Thanks again Maciek for the superb craftmanship and great communication in making the FIRST 6th gen E-brake boot. Peace...
Who are you??

Seriously though, go take some wide angle pictures of your interior and get back here. Go.

Go!

--

edit: oh yeah, and welcome. but you should have gone with Smoke... everyone knows it's the fastest
Old 05-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Who are you??
Seriously though, go take some wide angle pictures of your interior and get back here. Go.
He did. I erased them because they are not that good for my website (which focuses on the boots rather than whole interiors), but I'm sure that if you ask him right, he'll give them to you. Here's his cardomain:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/668322/2

Maciek
Old 05-05-2005, 09:07 AM
GrandPa

Thank you!
Maciek[/QUOTE]

I ordered a black one on Mon. and it is being shipped out today. Will you give me back 25% if I send you pictures? Chris (chernmax) is my friend and I am going there this weekend to do some installs. Later Warren

This is not a scam.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:10 AM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=viguera]Who are you??

chermax is my buddy from Maryland who helps me with some of my mods and made my cigar humidor. He is not a scamer. Later Warren
Old 05-05-2005, 09:18 AM

Yeh, what Warren & Maciek said... My pic's are at:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/668322
Old 05-05-2005, 09:22 AM

Yeh, what Warren & Maciek said... My pic's are at:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/668322

That looks like the tan boot on winter frost, right? I guess it should be fine on latte...

And where'd that e-brake handle come from?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:32 AM

It's a TRENZ-R e-brake handle, Red Billet Aluminum. I ordered a real Burlwood dash kit which will blend everything in nicely, perfection sometimes takes time...
Peace bro...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:34 AM

Sorry my bag, TENZO-R E-brake handle...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:35 AM

It's a TRENZ-R e-brake handle, Red Billet Aluminum. I ordered a real Burlwood dash kit which will blend everything in nicely, perfection sometimes takes time...
Peace bro...
Thanks for the info... I personally like your look better than the assy "plastic wood wannabe" stuff that Nissan put on my SL, believe it or not. Looking forward to pictures of the real burlwood when you get it.

I ordered the tan boot with black thread... hopefully they can get it out by tomorrow and I'll have it by next week.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Banned

Yeah that boot would be ok if it was color matched...it looks ugly IMO bc it dosent match anything even remotely. Maybe in a black interior, but if they match frost ill be suprised.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ramberg
I ordered a black one on Mon. and it is being shipped out today. Will you give me back 25% if I send you pictures? Chris (chernmax) is my friend and I am going there this weekend to do some installs. Later Warren
Sure! Your boot came out really nice though, I would have photographed it but my camera memory was full and we had to run to the post office to get today's batch out before they closed doors.

Thank you,
Maciek
Old 05-05-2005, 10:37 AM
GrandPa

Sure! Your boot came out really nice though, I would have photographed it but my camera memory was full and we had to run to the post office to get today's batch out before they closed doors.

Thank you,
Maciek
So I quess mine went out today. How was it shipped? As soon as I install it I will send you pictures. Thanks Warren
Old 05-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

So I quess mine went out today. How was it shipped? As soon as I install it I will send you pictures. Thanks Warren
Please check your mail, you should receive a shipment confirmation outlining all the details shortly.

Thank you!
Maciek
Old 05-05-2005, 11:11 AM
GrandPa

I checked my E-mail and item should arrive in the next 6-8 days. Thanks Warren
Old 05-05-2005, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Yeah that boot would be ok if it was color matched...it looks ugly IMO bc it dosent match anything even remotely. Maybe in a black interior, but if they match frost ill be suprised.
I definitely don't think it will match frost... I think his interior is frost, and I agree that it's off. But for latte, I think it will be fine. If not, it's just $40 so it's no big deal.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:48 PM

The picture is in the sunlight and brings out the center console color more, once the Real Burl Wood dash is applied the color contrast with the center console will be eliminated, the boot color will then be almost an exact match of the suede leather highlights used on the doors and over the top of the front console. Again, sometimes perfection takes patience... Envision the end result.

Watch and learn...
Old 05-05-2005, 12:59 PM

I Would Like To Get It In Black And A Black E Brake Handle.pm Me And Let Me Know The Info.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

what about some two tone ones.... black sides and a silver top or so, tha'll be nice.. or just plain black would grab my attention..
Old 05-05-2005, 06:50 PM

Do you have black with red stiching?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Do you have black with red stiching?
You can choose whatever colors you want... I just went to their website and selected the 5th gen one like he said, then chose tan with black stitching.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:48 PM

just ordered ebrake boot as well....
Old 05-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxxoutt
I Would Like To Get It In Black And A Black E Brake Handle.pm Me And Let Me Know The Info.
Sure, we have a PLETHORA of colors available, check our color chart here: http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm

Thank you,
Maciek
Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
what about some two tone ones.... black sides and a silver top or so, tha'll be nice.. or just plain black would grab my attention..
I think it's a GREAT idea. We do make two tone boots, look: http://www.redlinegoods.com/TwoTone.shtm - there are links to tons of different color combinations which may be an inspiration to some of you!
Old 05-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Former Sponsor

I definitely don't think it will match frost... I think his interior is frost, and I agree that it's off. But for latte, I think it will be fine. If not, it's just $40 so it's no big deal.
Chris ordered a SIERRA boot for his future interior. We have 15 other leather colors available, for the frost interior it kind of looks from the pics like LIGHT GRAY or CREAM (I'm not sure, it's really hard to tell from just a picture unless it's obviously color X or Y) would be a better match.

We do have a service whereby for just $10 we'll send you a full set of samples, and if you decide to order $5 of that will be deducated from your order (regardless of all other discounts, if any are available at the time you're ordering). Read this page for more info: http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm

Thank you,
Maciek
Old 05-06-2005, 02:58 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
I ordered a black one. I should be getting it next week. I will post pictures when it is installed. Warren
Old 05-06-2005, 07:09 AM

Chris ordered a SIERRA boot for his future interior. We have 15 other leather colors available, for the frost interior it kind of looks from the pics like LIGHT GRAY or CREAM (I'm not sure, it's really hard to tell from just a picture unless it's obviously color X or Y) would be a better match.

We do have a service whereby for just $10 we'll send you a full set of samples, and if you decide to order $5 of that will be deducated from your order (regardless of all other discounts, if any are available at the time you're ordering). Read this page for more info: http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm

Thank you,
Maciek
Thanks for the info... but unless I'm seriously wrong, his interior is Winter Frost (Nissan speak for "sort of white")... by the looks of his boot I was concerned that it wouldn't match my Cafe Latte (tan) interior, so I ordered a tan one. I'm still not sure what's gonna happen as far as the color-match, but I'm too lazy to order a set of samples, try to color match then order the right one. If the tan doesn't look right, I'll order a Sierra one and give the tan one away to whoever wants it. Not a big deal really, but thanks for the info.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:23 AM

I would have liked 2 tone...but nothing inside my car is 2 toned, except for the brush trim with the black interior. agh, decisions decisions!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:45 PM

Still a great mod at a great price...
Old 05-10-2005, 10:10 PM
*moderator*

I ordered a black one. I should be getting it next week. I will post pictures when it is installed. Warren
Ramberg, so are you running just a cover on your e brake handle now, not sure but that's what it looks like...are you going to keep it that way with the leather boot?
I looked down at mine today and was like "damn that's ugly, I want a leather one!!" Make sure to post pics as soon as you get it installed...

Quick Reply: 6th gen leather e-brake boot (pics) - looking for donors for shift boots!