6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Got My 22's..... "pics and link"

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

It looks "insane", in every sense of the word.

Your tires must be feel like a rubberband on there.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:24 PM

Dude sweet *** ride. 22's look sick on that model Max. Two words: Stop Hating.

MY $.02

D
Old 06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Maxima of the Month Winner

Tek, if the object of your game is to put the biggest tire/wheel combo on your car, then you certainly have accomplished that goal. The problem is, you have broken the cardinal rule when changing tires/wheels: Never increase the height (diameter, circumference) of the tire!

I ran your tire on a tire size calculator and compared it to the stock (245/45/18) tire that comes on our cars. Your 255/30/22 tire is 1.14 inches bigger in diameter and 4.21 inches larger in circumference than the stock tire size. At 60 miles an hour, your speedometer will be reading 57 miles an hour, which is over 5% slower. Not only that, but everthing that requires accurate revolutions per mile imput from the drive train will be thrown off: odometer readings, gas mileage, etc.

And what about the weight? Those wheels have got to weigh more than the stockers, a lot more. The stock tire/wheel weighs around 56 lbs. I'm guessing your wheels weigh at least 6 to 8 lbs. extra or more. So not only have you added rolling mass, you have added the worst possible kind of weight: Unsprung weight. Adding unsprung weight is harder on your suspension, your struts will wear out faster. Unsprung weight has a negative effect on handling also.

Taller tires in effect increase your gear ratios and your brakes will have to work harder to do the same job they use to do with the stock tires.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin'. It's your car and this is a free country (sort of). The point I'm trying to make is this: You need to be aware of what happens when you journey outside the parameters of what the car was engineered for and designed to do.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by PaL379
tek, you went all the way to jersey for the wheels?
yes I did PAL, this place is kinda famous... they had pics of celebs on the wall and ****...

.....REDMAN
.....MARY J BLIGE
.....QUEEN LATIFA

and alot more I forgot......

so it was a cool ride and an awsome stay at the place......... check it out...
Old 06-08-2005, 08:36 AM

04RED......... on paper it seems worse than it really is.. I went by a speed trap and the odometer was on point.. there is a thread were we talked about "how fast the car goes at 3000 rpms", well it still goes about 80-85 mphs.. if you get right at 3100 rpms it runs at 90mphs.... so it hasn't changed from what I see...

the only thing that has is...... stopping distance, the car obviously is not going to run 12s on a 1/4 mile, but it does get up to speed way better than I though it was...

suspension wize... you can't even tell you have rims at all on a new paved road. and in the city like any other size rim it gets kinda rough cause of the tire being so low... yea little holes feel huge on them and any crack or so you can hear....but you have to expect this with any rim bigger than stock especially with a low tire...

I guess people just have to drive it to see what I'm saying....

thanx for your opinion RED, you really have one of the best maxes here and I want to get to your level in mods...
Old 06-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah I know of that place, lots of stars go there. I didnt realize that was action tire until I saw the sign, your wheels take up too much of the pictures, that you dont notice the background stuff. LOL
Old 06-08-2005, 09:00 AM

Yes It's so famous even I buy my stuff there
Old 06-08-2005, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by 04 maxse
Yes It's so famous even I buy my stuff there
it was cool meeting you... wash that car yet? HAHAHAHA
Old 06-08-2005, 09:27 AM

Ha your car just went from 15's to an 18 sec car.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by SMX95
Ha your car just went from 15's to an 18 sec car.
who ever said I was racing it like this, HA............
Old 06-08-2005, 09:40 AM

They make coil overs for the 6th gen already? Wow. I would love to see a slammed 6th.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:04 AM

sick wheels man
Old 06-08-2005, 10:13 AM

Nah still dirty, when you are famous you don't need a clean car This sat get's the Zaino.....

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
it was cool meeting you... wash that car yet? HAHAHAHA
Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hamy your old 5th gen was at Maxus this past weekend. Some guy with his family bought it, right? Still looks good, too. Took some pics of it. Ill load them sometime this week in the maxus thread.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by 04RedOpMax
Tek, if the object of your game is to put the biggest tire/wheel combo on your car, then you certainly have accomplished that goal. The problem is, you have broken the cardinal rule when changing tires/wheels: Never increase the height (diameter, circumference) of the tire!

I ran your tire on a tire size calculator and compared it to the stock (245/45/18) tire that comes on our cars. Your 255/30/22 tire is 1.14 inches bigger in diameter and 4.21 inches larger in circumference than the stock tire size. At 60 miles an hour, your speedometer will be reading 57 miles an hour, which is over 5% slower. Not only that, but everthing that requires accurate revolutions per mile imput from the drive train will be thrown off: odometer readings, gas mileage, etc.

And what about the weight? Those wheels have got to weigh more than the stockers, a lot more. The stock tire/wheel weighs around 56 lbs. I'm guessing your wheels weigh at least 6 to 8 lbs. extra or more. So not only have you added rolling mass, you have added the worst possible kind of weight: Unsprung weight. Adding unsprung weight is harder on your suspension, your struts will wear out faster. Unsprung weight has a negative effect on handling also.

Taller tires in effect increase your gear ratios and your brakes will have to work harder to do the same job they use to do with the stock tires.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin'. It's your car and this is a free country (sort of). The point I'm trying to make is this: You need to be aware of what happens when you journey outside the parameters of what the car was engineered for and designed to do.
Red, I hear you on the changes in the gauges and readings with the change in tire/wheel size. But I think Tek did the right thing in getting thicker tires. With bigger rims and small tires, there is no slack in the tire for catching bumps, etc. The rims get bent very easily. He's better off with the bigger tire, less chance for bent rims and worse gauge readings, rather than bent or cracked rims and OEM readings.

Tek, the rims are hot! Gives me an idea to change my rims. I was always scared to go bigger with smaller tires, out here in Queenz. But if you got bigger tires, that may do the trick. Good look!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by queenzkid
Red, I hear you on the changes in the gauges and readings with the change in tire/wheel size. But I think Tek did the right thing in getting thicker tires. With bigger rims and small tires, there is no slack in the tire for catching bumps, etc. The rims get bent very easily. He's better off with the bigger tire, less chance for bent rims and worse gauge readings, rather than bent or cracked rims and OEM readings.

Tek, the rims are hot! Gives me an idea to change my rims. I was always scared to go bigger with smaller tires, out here in Queenz. But if you got bigger tires, that may do the trick. Good look!
can't go bigger than that on the size thats on right now wich is 22x9... maybe a 22x7 or 8 you can go alittle bigger, but the 9 inch wide rub while turning so a bigger tire will be worse...

I do not recommend if the roads are bad around where you are. I drive the same roads all the time to and from work and to the babysitter, so I know the roads and they aren't bad...
Old 06-15-2005, 05:46 PM
VIP Maxima

19"s for life. lol for a 4th gen at least. but damn those wheels r huge. escalades gotta move up to 28"

Old 06-15-2005, 06:13 PM

yes I did PAL, this place is kinda famous... they had pics of celebs on the wall and ****...

.....REDMAN
.....MARY J BLIGE
.....QUEEN LATIFA

and alot more I forgot......

so it was a cool ride and an awsome stay at the place......... check it out...

I know of a couple of places in NJ....was it in Newark by any chance? Brick City Cartronics?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:16 PM

It was Action Tire on RT. 46, Lodi.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by blakstarz
I know of a couple of places in NJ....was it in Newark by any chance? Brick City Cartronics?
no, it is in LODI, NJ...............
Old 06-15-2005, 06:59 PM
SuPeRmOd

.....REDMAN
.....MARY J BLIGE
.....QUEEN LATIFA............
redman has an older gen Max. He would use it in his videos and rap about it.
so how much does rubber cost you now? just to make my 245/45-18's sound cheap
Old 06-15-2005, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
redman has an older gen Max. He would use it in his videos and rap about it.
so how much does rubber cost you now? just to make my 245/45-18's sound cheap
about 330 each............

EDIT: 330 is retail out the tire shop..... I know someone at a dealer that gets me my tires cheaper at their price fukc that...