6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Basic Mods to see 300hp from the Max

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 08:11 PM
2nd Gen Boostinator

couldnt you guys just slap on the twin turbo kit that greddy makes for the 350z isint it the same exact flagship engine that they use in most of the 3.5 nissan engines? Altima, Maxima, G35 sedan and coupe, Pathfiinder, 350z. now i would like to see a 5.6 liter in a max that would rule but i dont think itl fit maybee if converted to rwd.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:33 PM

Just a reminder - the title of this thread was BASIC mods to reach 300hp.

I don't see any basic mods being offered yet by anyone on this thread.

If you want over 300 hp, save your money you would have burnt on mods, sell the max and buy a used M3 that will hit 333hp stock and pin you to your seat.

I have learned my lesson
Old 07-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If your in Orlando u can call Tom (407-869-7223) at Next Level Performance in Altamonte Springs. This is one of many in O-town
Old 07-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by darrinps
I asked a question about the differences between that engine and the one in our Maxima, but it got moved (where...I have no idea).
Moved to "Other Car" in the main Forum.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by ramberg
I don't think they are going to make a turbo for us. There is hardly any room in the engine bay now. I wouldn't pay that much either. I feel my car is doing good with the mods that I already have. Maybe I will install a nitrous sytem in the future. Later Warren
The shop I take my car to service is looking for a 6th gen to do some prototype parts. I just don't have the time to leave my car with them for a couple of weeks until Oct. If any of you LA area 6th gen is interest, PM me. They are specialize in Sylvias and Trueno's, but looking to expand.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:11 AM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by mdemonte
If your in Orlando u can call Tom (407-869-7223) at Next Level Performance in Altamonte Springs. This is one of many in O-town
Thats where I was in June for the meet at the winghouse. Were you there? I will be in Plantation next month for 3 weeks. There is a shop 10 minutes from me. I also belong to the South Forida Maximas club since I am down there as much as I am in NY. One of the members is taking me there. Do you know IHACKYOU? Thanks for that information. Later Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Moved to "Other Car" in the main Forum.
Thanks...although I wonder why the question was moved since it was about our (6th gen engine) in comparison to a very similar one.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Elimackman
300 HP at the wheel will never happen in the 6th generation. I'd love to see a dyno slip proving me wrong.
Since your so young and new I will spare you heartache, money can make anything happen, when 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gens first came out people said the exact same thing, performance mods take time to catch up to the newer cars. In time you will watch and learn and eat those words...
Old 07-17-2005, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by JiuJitsuThug
Just a reminder - the title of this thread was BASIC mods to reach 300hp.

I don't see any basic mods being offered yet by anyone on this thread.

If you want over 300 hp, save your money you would have burnt on mods, sell the max and buy a used M3 that will hit 333hp stock and pin you to your seat.

I have learned my lesson
Show me where that 333hp is at the wheel and I will learn something new, with the cost difference between and M3 and a Maxima, I would use the cash for mods and custom work to smoke the M3 with a little left over for a Caribbean vacation. Walk away from the light dude...
Old 07-17-2005, 07:16 AM
GrandPa

[QUOTE=Glude QUOTE]
Thats what I said. ,

I sent you a PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:04 AM

I think a good intake is good for 5-10 horses.The y-pipe is good for 10-15 horses and I think a good exhaust system is good for 15 horses. Also, a godo exhaust system is lighterweight. Have you seen the size of those giant mufflers we have back there. If you take the LOWER range of my estimates, 5+10+15, you have 30 horses + 265 stock horses = 295 horses. Add the UDP of 1-5 horses and . . .hmmmmm, thats about 300 to me baby!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 11:14 AM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
I think a good intake is good for 5-10 horses.The y-pipe is good for 10-15 horses and I think a good exhaust system is good for 15 horses. Also, a godo exhaust system is lighterweight. Have you seen the size of those giant mufflers we have back there. If you take the LOWER range of my estimates, 5+10+15, you have 30 horses + 265 stock horses = 295 horses. Add the UDP of 1-5 horses and . . .hmmmmm, thats about 300 to me baby!!!

It simply doesn't add up like that. And none of these cars get anything close to 10-15hp with an exhaust. It's more like 3-5 on a good day.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
It simple doesn't add up like that. And none of these cars get anything close to 10-15hp with an exhaust. It's more like 3-5 on a good day.
Exactly, people in this forum think they know exactly how these cars work and they know exactly how much power is gained from mods. How is this? Did they dyno each individual mod on a dyno? No, they just listen to the companys who give them the claims, which are wack IMO. Ive been around these forums and numerous other Vq35 forums to know our cars do not gain that type of power off each mod.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:53 PM

Actually, if I listened to claims, my estimates would be much higher!!! Most companies brag that air intakes are 12-15 horses and UDP are 5-10 horses, etc. Glude and SR20, you both claim that my esitmates are incorrect, citing lack of prrof. I could say the same about ur "claims" - NO PROOF!! Even if people produced dyno runs for each mod, we all know dynos can be fudged with. I guess the upshot is, none of us, you guys, or me or anyone has no concrete scientific proof of hp gains from mods.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Glude
Exactly, people in this forum think they know exactly how these cars work and they know exactly how much power is gained from mods. How is this? Did they dyno each individual mod on a dyno? No, they just listen to the companys who give them the claims, which are wack IMO. Ive been around these forums and numerous other Vq35 forums to know our cars do not gain that type of power off each mod.
Dude, you have a lot to say and nothing to show, ramberg came up with a legit dyno slip and I respect that. You however want other people to prove something to you which doesn't meet $hit to most of us.

I for one have every performance mod ramberg has and from when my car was stock, never punched or launched the way it does now, people at the meets and shows agree because they where their and watched the performance with there own eyes against their rides or up against other dudes who brought stock six gens, No freakin way I am getting such punch by an extra 10-15 hp.

Time for you to put up of shut up...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:00 PM

Dude, you have a lot to say and nothing to show, ramberg came up with a legit dyno slip and I respect that. You however want other people to prove something to you which doesn't meet $hit to most of us.

I for one have every performance mod ramberg has and from when my car was stock, never punched or launched the way it does now, people at the meets and shows agree because they where their and watched the performance with there own eyes against their rides or up against other dudes who brought stock six gens, No freakin way I am getting such punch by an extra 10-15 hp.

Time for you to put up or shut up...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:02 PM

Actually, if I listened to claims, my estimates would be much higher!!! Most companies brag that air intakes are 12-15 horses and UDP are 5-10 horses, etc. Glude and SR20, you both claim that my esitmates are incorrect, citing lack of prrof. I could say the same about ur "claims" - NO PROOF!! Even if people produced dyno runs for each mod, we all know dynos can be fudged with. I guess the upshot is, none of us, you guys, or me or anyone has no concrete scientific proof of hp gains from mods.
Dude you seriously need to venture outside of THIS forum. SR20DEN probably knows more about the VQ35 than most people on this site. He also holds the record for the fastest NA Vq35 in a fwd car. Im going to stop here, you obviously have no clue who he is or whats going on.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:05 PM

PS, you may of been around these forums a while and think you know it all, I have been behind the wheel for 25 years and can feel the difference, 12 of those where in Japan driving and modding Nissans...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax

Time for you to put up or shut up...
Actually I have track times and ive seen enough dynos to make my own judgement. I dont doubt that the UDP and the Y pipe gain some power. Ive had intakes and I still have the greddy, not much power from those though. Sorry you guys are getting bent outa shape from this.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:16 PM
VQ Wizard

There is mountains of proof in the dyno forums. I have dozens of dyno runs on file for different Maximas. If you choose to remain ignorant of all the data that has been posted here over the years there is no reason for me to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:21 PM

If you guys want to see hp gains with all the common mods like intake, exhaust, y-pipe. Do them first and then look into CAMS and reprogramming the ecu. With ever car no matter what make or model this is the order they usually go in because then all the mods work together. NOS will just burn your tranny if automatic. And its cheap HP.... You buy an farely expensive car and then gettofy it, it just doesn't make sense. Especially the people who do not know what their doing, you dont just slap a bottle on and ride out. You need to make sure the extra spark is their also the extra fuel coming into the engine. It bothers me when people just bolt up bull crap to the engines to make it go fast. Well I not meaning to down anyone who want nitrous just be careful things so cheap end up being very expensive down the road...

Happy motoring
Old 07-17-2005, 01:29 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by smokinmax
If you guys want to see hp gains with all the common mods like intake, exhaust, y-pipe. Do them first and then look into CAMS and reprogramming the ecu. With ever car no matter what make or model this is the order they usually go in because then all the mods work together. NOS will just burn your tranny if automatic. And its cheap HP.... You buy an farely expensive car and then gettofy it, it just doesn't make sense. Especially the people who do not know what their doing, you dont just slap a bottle on and ride out. You need to make sure the extra spark is their also the extra fuel coming into the engine. It bothers me when people just bolt up bull crap to the engines to make it go fast. Well I not meaning to down anyone who want nitrous just be careful things so cheap end up being very expensive down the road...

Happy motoring
Thank you for that information about NOS. Later Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 01:31 PM
VQ Wizard

And for the 2374623746235478235th N.O.S. is the name a COMPANY it isn't a product. The name of the product is Nitrous Oxide or 'Nytrous Plus (in automotive use).

NX (Nitrous Express) Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Venom Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Zex Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Nitrous Works Doesn't make anything called NOS.
etc. etc. But they are all companies that make automotive nitrous kits.

If you want to use a three letter acronym to represent Nitrous Oxide you should use the chemical name of 'N2O' (Not NO2 which is Nitrogen Dioxide).
Old 07-17-2005, 01:31 PM

Actually I have track times and ive seen enough dynos to make my own judgement. I dont doubt that the UDP and the Y pipe gain some power. Ive had intakes and I still have the greddy, not much power from those though. Sorry you guys are getting bent outa shape from this.
No one is getting bent out of shape, post your track times and dyno readings (based on your current mods) and lets see what they say. Bottom line, you want proof, well so do we, give us your data so we can discredit it like you seem to be good at doing...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:35 PM
GrandPa

I saw your track time in the top 10. Was that track time with the mods that you have now or stock? Later Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 01:42 PM
GrandPa

And for the 2374623746235478235th N.O.S. is the name a COMPANY it isn't a product. The name of the product is Nitrous Oxide or 'Nytrous Plus (in automotive use).

NX (Nitrous Express) Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Venom Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Zex Doesn't make anything called NOS.
Nitrous Works Doesn't make anything called NOS.
etc. etc. But they are all companies that make automotive nitrous kits.

If you want to use a three letter acronym to represent Nitrous Oxide you should use the chemical name of 'N2O' (Not NO2 which is Nitrogen Dioxide).
I know that NOS is the name of a company, but I knew what he was talking about. Stop bashing people. Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 01:45 PM
VQ Wizard

I know that NOS is the name of a company, but I knew what he was talking about. Stop bashing people. Warren
I don't patronize, I am honest and I tell it like it is. Honesty gets peoples attention 100x more than BSing them.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:55 PM

I don't patronize, I am honest and I tell it like it is. Honesty gets peoples attention 100x more than BSing them.
Obviously not everyone is as smart as you so NOS seems to work for 99.9 percent of the people on this forum, as long as we all know what where talking about Who Gives a F%uck. Just being straight with you also...
Old 07-17-2005, 01:58 PM

PS GReddy is a name, however everyone knows it's normally an exhaust someone is talking about...

Unless of course your thread is abaout and oil cap...
Old 07-17-2005, 02:06 PM
VQ Wizard

Obviously not everyone is as smart as you so NOS seems to work for 99.9 percent of the people on this forum, as long as we all know what where talking about Who Gives a F%uck. Just being straight with you also...

It isn't about being smart. It's about having the will to educate ones self. There are too many people in the country today that have zero ambition to do so and they identify themsmelves regularly.

I am here to learn and to educate, as most of us are.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:11 PM
GrandPa

Its a bit*h that I have to waste my own money to get a dyno on a dyno jet to prove something. But I will next month in Florida. If you like I will get it where you reside. I have no problem with that. Let me know you have my number. Iater Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 02:17 PM
VQ Wizard

Its a bit*h that I have to waste my own money to get a dyno on a dyno jet to prove something. But I will next month in Florida. If you like I will get it where you reside. I have no problem with that. Let me know you have my number. Iater Warren
Don't forget that im my PM to you I mentioned that I am very interested in personaly seeing your car on the dyno. If it really makes that much power we all need to know and know why.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:25 PM
GrandPa

I am leaving on the Aug. 9. I will be in you area on the 10th. I will PM you before I leave so that you can give me contact information. Later Warren
Old 07-17-2005, 02:44 PM

It isn't about being smart. It's about having the will to educate ones self. There are too many people in the country today that have zero ambition to do so and they identify themsmelves regularly.

I am here to learn and to educate, as most of us are.
Damn, I'll have to give you that one, however sometimes it's not the message it's the delivery, educate yourself a little more on that and you'll do great...
Old 07-17-2005, 03:07 PM

When you blow your nose, do you use a Kleenex?
Even if its a Puffs
When you make a photo copy of something, don't you Xerox it?
Even if its on a Ricoh
When you have a cut, do put on a Band-Aid?
Even if its a Target brand?

After a while, the leading product brand name will become the generic name for all brands of that product. So couldn't NOS be accepted as a generic term for all brands of Nitrous?

Why is it that you have to try to show some sense of superiority by being so **** that a greased BB couldn't get up your butt? SR20DEN, you should really calm down and get a grip, when you thump on your chest and say, "Look at me and how smart I am!", most people just see an arrogant a$$. I don't know you from Adam and I'm sure you know more about squeezing HP out from an engine than I do but I do know that I get the impression that you are a pompous, know-it-all.
J.M.H.O.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:30 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
When you blow your nose, do you use a Kleenex?
Even if its a Puffs
No.
When you make a photo copy of something, don't you Xerox it?
Even if its on a Ricoh
No.
When you have a cut, do put on a Band-Aid?
Even if its a Target brand?
Yes, you got me on that one.

After a while, the leading product brand name will become the generic name for all brands of that product. So couldn't NOS be accepted as a generic term for all brands of Nitrous?
No.

Why is it that you have to try to show some sense of superiority by being so **** that a greased BB couldn't get up your butt?
This is only your personal perception.
SR20DEN, you should really calm down and get a grip,
A grip on what? You think this stupid forum chat crap affects me in any way? LOL.

when you thump on your chest and say, "Look at me and how smart I am!", most people just see an arrogant a$$.
Don't care. It is my ambition to educate people as much as I can. I have tried dozens of different ways on this site. The only one that gets mass attention is when peoples toes are stepped on. I have tried the timid approach and it simply doesn't work.
Everyone is here to learn more about their automobiles and share similar interests. If we don't articulately and decisiviely deliver our points they'll go unnoticed and get brushed aside.

I also hate BS and I refuse to use it. I do not care about hurting someones feelings if I know they're potentially learned something useful.

I don't know you from Adam and I'm sure you know more about squeezing HP out from an engine than I do but I do know that I get the impression that you are a pompous, know-it-all.
J.M.H.O.
And I will allow you to keep that impression without a rebuttal.

My initial statement in this thread stands, venture outside the 6th gen forums and you'll quicky discover that all or most of these questions have been answered dozens of times already. But no one paid attention to that statement because I didn't slap anyone in the face with it.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:52 PM

No.

No.

Yes, you got me on that one.

No.

This is only your personal perception.

A grip on what? You think this stupid forum chat crap affects me in any way? LOL.

Don't care. It is my ambition to educate people as much as I can. I have tried dozens of different ways on this site. The only one that gets mass attention is when peoples toes are stepped on. I have tried the timid approach and it simply doesn't work.
Everyone is here to learn more about their automobiles and share similar interests. If we don't articulately and decisiviely deliver our points they'll go unnoticed and get brushed aside.

I also hate BS and I refuse to use it. I do not care about hurting someones feelings if I know they're potentially learned something useful.

And I will allow you to keep that impression without a rebuttal.

My initial statement in this thread stands, venture outside the 6th gen forums and you'll quicky discover that all or most of these questions have been answered dozens of times already. But no one paid attention to that statement because I didn't slap anyone in the face with it.
Like I said earlier "delivery", being a cyberthug a$$hole is the reason most people discounted the useful information you presented. Your ignorance is superseded only by your willingness to demonstrate it.
A grip on what? You think this stupid forum chat crap affects me in any way?
With 4,000 plus post I would answer...

YES!!!

GOING TO GO WATCH A MOVIE, YOU GUYS NEED TO TAKE THIS OT $HIT SOMEWHERE ELSE...
Old 07-17-2005, 04:05 PM
VQ Wizard

Like I said earlier "delivery", being a cyberthug a$$hole is the reason most people discounted the useful information you presented. Your ignorance is superseded only by your willingness to demonstrate it. With 4,000 plus post I would answer...

YES!!!

GOING TO GO WATCH A MOVIE, YOU GUYS NEED TO TAKE THIS OT $HIT SOMEWHERE ELSE...
Ignorance? If you're trying to insult me you need to try harder than that. If anything my post count should imply to you that I have experieince with which delivery methods work and which ones do not. This is getting comical.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:09 PM

I think this thread is a good thing. I wanna know more about making power in th 6th gen and I know SR20 could help more than anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:49 PM

Ignorance? If you're trying to insult me you need to try harder than that. If anything my post count should imply to you that I have experieince with which delivery methods work and which ones do not. This is getting comical.
Ignorance wasn't the insult, cyberthug A$$hole was, your ability to engage your mouth before your brain is amazing, damn, commercial is over, back to my movie...

Quick Reply: Basic Mods to see 300hp from the Max