6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Driver's side power seat and power steering column

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:20 AM

Driver's side power seat and power steering column

Hey guys! I have an 05' SE and when I got into the car today, my driver's side power seat and power column just stopped working. I checked the fuse in the cabin and they seem to be fine. I have made an appointment to bring the car into the dealer but their next available appointment won't be until next Wednesday. Usually, when I get into the car and close the doors the seat will adjust to my setting but nothing works, today.

Just want to know if anybody has had this problem. Also, I want to get this fixed ASAP because I usually park in the lot at where my fiance works. And she usually drives to pick me up after work. Now, that the power seats don't work, I have to pay to park my car until next Wednesday.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:30 AM
SuPeRmOd

if you bump a setting button while the car is off, the wheel will not come down.

you can't move anything at all? just checking that you tried each button for the wheel and seat. if so, IIRC a member had a similar problem along with the engine light and the dealer fixed it.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:35 AM

Thanks for your input NismoMax80.

Unfortunately, none of the power on the driver's side seat works, not even the lumbar control. I tried moving it up, down, left, right and nothing moved. I did the same with the steering column switch and nothing moved either. Although the passenger side power seat works perfectly and lucky no engine light came on either.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:01 AM

try the connetions under the seat. and check the relays under the hood.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:55 AM

Thanks, I will check it out at lunch and let you guys know if it works.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:05 PM

any luck ??

luigi
Old 08-22-2005, 10:20 AM

nah, no luck. guess, i'll just have to wait until i bring it into the dealer and see what they say.

will let u guys know when i find out.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Do a master reset, disconnect the positive battery terminal, wait about 10-15 minutes to let everything drain off an reset, than reconnect and see what happens, just a stab in the dark but I have successfully done this in the past with other cars, you definitely have nothing to loose, if it dosn't work, you still have your dealer appointment...
Old 09-15-2005, 02:16 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Here is what happened.

The first appointment I had was at a stealership. I told them about my problem. They took my car and checked it out. Came back and said that they the problem might be due to that fact that I had an aftermarket amp and subwoofer installed. And somehow, the wires did something. And in order for them to check any further, that they will need to charge me $150 to diagnose the car. And if it was not due to the installation that they would refund my money. In my mind, I knew that if I left my car there, no matter if it was or was not due to the installation that they would probably say that it was and charged me to fix it. So, I told them that I would rather take it to my mechanic to check first and if it was not due to the installation, that I will bring it back with a signed notice and have them fix the problem if it was under warranty. So, the guy leaves for a couple of minutes and comes back. And has the nerve to say this to me. "Sorry, we will have to charge you $150 for the 1 1/2 it took them to open up the trim and to see that there was a aftermarket amp and sub installed. And get this, I was not even there for more than an hour yet. ??? Anyway, they said that I had to pay and I told them that I did not bring any money or credit cards with me. I said if you have to, you will have to bill me. Of course, they did not because I did not sign anything. So, I took my car back and just left it alone for a week or two. And just a couple of days ago, my car died completely. Lucky, I was able to get it started and drove it to another dealership. This time, they treated me right. I did not make any appointments and they still to my car in. And get this, the replaced my battery because they said that I had a dead battery and told me that they had to keep my car over night because they needed to take apart the seat to see what's wrong. And this morning they called me up and said the car is fixed and is ready to be picked up. They told me that there was a wire loose or something in the harness, so whenever I got in the seat, it will apply pressure and the power seat will not work. I am off now to pick up my car and will let you guys know how everything turned out, tonight.

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaximaSE2005
Sorry for the late reply. Here is what happened.
I think you left out the most important part of your story... the names of the dealerships you dealt with. The first one that tried to rip you off sounds like something 5 Towns would pull... although I've heard horror stories about Autotech in the city (I buy parts there, but I take my car to Stamford for service ).
Old 09-15-2005, 03:33 PM

that is bullcrap...man i hate them people...luckily i have been treated very well at my dealership...glad to hear you got it fixed !!

luigi
Old 09-16-2005, 05:59 AM

The stealership is Springfield Nissan on Route 22W.

The dealership is Route 22 Nissan on Route 22W.

I went to them because I just moved to Union, N.J.

Got the car back and everything is PERFECT again! (knock on wood)!

Thanks again guys for your great help!

This site ROCKS!

Old 09-16-2005, 08:02 AM
gec

thats douche.....but unfortunately common....I don't know what size dealership they are, but corporate Nissan gives great incentives and abilities to get more vehicles for the ones that have high Customer Service scores....Most of them compete heavily for this within a given area....... I have found that if you tell the GM your gonna bring your car in for all the cheap stealership services such as an oil change every 3k miles (which isn't cheap their, but probably all you can afford at one) and you plan on slamming his service everytime Nissan sends you a satisfaction survey, I bet he'll agree to take another look at it.......If not you can welcome them to this list and add your complaint to a growing number of people who are disgusted with Nissan disregard for warranty issues....

Here ya go:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/nissan.html

I must tell you that dealerships have cracked down on what they perform work on, because they submit an invoice to corporate for reimbursement of the work... Nissan however was bouncing too many of them back and since dealerships don't make a whole lot on warranty issues...they just blow them off unless their is a mandatory recall or a wide known defect....the sad part is we as consumers get screwed because the 2 can't communicate effectively....Luckily for us Nissan prides itself on manufacturing quality vehicles...too bad that great reputation is being proceeded by the cocky nothing goes wrong with them attitude

Old 09-18-2005, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by gec
thats douche.....but unfortunately common....I don't know what size dealership they are, but corporate Nissan gives great incentives and abilities to get more vehicles for the ones that have high Customer Service scores....Most of them compete heavily for this within a given area....... I have found that if you tell the GM your gonna bring your car in for all the cheap stealership services such as an oil change every 3k miles (which isn't cheap their, but probably all you can afford at one) and you plan on slamming his service everytime Nissan sends you a satisfaction survey, I bet he'll agree to take another look at it.......If not you can welcome them to this list and add your complaint to a growing number of people who are disgusted with Nissan disregard for warranty issues....

Here ya go:

[url]http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/nissan.html
I must tell you that dealerships have cracked down on what they perform work on, because they submit an invoice to corporate for reimbursement of the work... Nissan however was bouncing too many of them back and since dealerships don't make a whole lot on warranty issues...they just blow them off unless their is a mandatory recall or a wide known defect....the sad part is we as consumers get screwed because the 2 can't communicate effectively....Luckily for us Nissan prides itself on manufacturing quality vehicles...too bad that great reputation is being proceeded by the cocky nothing goes wrong with them attitude

WORD