6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

It's a sad day for the Max

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It's a sad day for the Max

I got side swiped and her whole passenger side is ruined. No pics yet, because I am still too sad to even look at it. Nobody got hurt. Except maybe the 17 year old girl who ran the stop sign in her Mom's car.....she may have gotten hurt when she got home with the news.

Didn't even have her a year yet....only 11,000 miles.

Jane
Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 AM

Well if it's not totalled, a good body shop will make it look like new... no worries there.

IF it's really bad and it gets totalled, it's time for an 06 with bluetooth...
Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Newbie just Registered

Sorry about your car. As long as no body got hurt FROM the accident, cars can be fix. But I know she's your baby and the memory will still be there.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:59 AM
socalsean

Originally Posted by viguera
Well if it's not totalled, a good body shop will make it look like new... no worries there.

IF it's really bad and it gets totalled, it's time for an 06 with bluetooth...
Very true. Make sure its a damn good body shop.

My room mate took his car (e46 328) to a shop that was full of high end BMWs. When we went to pick it up (he insisted that I go with him since I am a **** when it come to pointing out flaws) I found MULTIPLY flaws in the refinishing work. A few professional phone calls later and the car was back in the shop to be redone with free dent repair around the entire car. Don't accept sub-par work no matter what. It kills me....the amount of people that accept repairs that aren't completed correctly is monumental!

sean

Old 09-29-2005, 01:29 PM

I totally feel you. If you want to feel alittle better do a search on threads titled "Maxima TOTALLED" and you'll see my sad story.

My baby was TOTALLED at only 10,000 miles!!

Keep us informed. the guys here are very kind and knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of thing. I am now an expert in dealing with insurance companies (before this accident I had no idea how things worked). We are all here to help!!

GROUP HUG EVERYONE!!!!!!

-MO-
Old 09-29-2005, 01:40 PM

Thanks, everyone. I am taking her to a reputable, trusted, highly recommended shop. I hope I am savvy enough to really check things out and made sure it's PERFECT when the car is done. Estimate is $4,000.

Jane
Old 09-29-2005, 03:21 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by missjane
Thanks, everyone. I am taking her to a reputable, trusted, highly recommended shop. I hope I am savvy enough to really check things out and made sure it's PERFECT when the car is done. Estimate is $4,000.

Jane
sorry to hear that.... get er back soon..
Old 09-29-2005, 03:56 PM

sorry bro... yeah if its totalled get that 2006 ...
Old 09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by maX5
sorry bro... yeah if its totalled get that 2006 ...

miss jane is a woman...lol
Old 09-29-2005, 04:13 PM

Yeah, first time I've ever been called "bro"!

Jane
Old 09-29-2005, 04:20 PM

Hope all goes well and it's back on the road 100% in short order...

Well nobody was hurt and that's allways good to hear.

The downunder upside down crowd...
Old 09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hopefully you'll get your max back ASAP! i hope you get a nice rental car to drive.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 PM
gec

sorry to hear about that missjane.. --- couple must do's on the repair --- make sure they're not gonna just bondo the entire side --- you want new pieces of everything that was wrecked...

Second, they're probably gonna paint the area that was affected and then blend it into the unaffect areas... I haven't seen to many professional body shops overspray, but check nonetheless, but by far look out for the recon guy... Once its been painted they'll have they're recon guy shine it up nice..so when you see the car it will be shiny as the new paint... after you wash it a couple times if you see any swirl marks ... take it back...that was they're recon guy...you won't see it at first because the polish will be filling it in, but after those first couple of washes if its there it'll stand out big time.....especially with us having black...This I know because it happened to me, but I've been working on filling in the swirls myself...it just takes a whole season to do it yourself...

Don;t be afraid of being picky or even *****y if you have to..., her insurance is paying for it, your being inconvienced....so make them pay to get it how you want...

Old 01-27-2006, 07:02 AM

I can't EFFIN believe it. I got hit AGAIN! Rear-ended yesterday. No pictures....I can't even look at it. Twice in 4 months and the car just turned 1 year old....not even 15,000 miles and been hit twice. I could just cry.

The guy that hit me is lucky I didn't jump out of that car and hurt him!

Jane
Old 01-27-2006, 07:09 AM

ouch. sounds like you have one of those dreaded bad luck cars. i think you should get a new one. one of my friends 350z's is in this catagory, the thing just attracts accidents and such.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Cool Member

Sorry to hear that... that's terrible. Time for the 06...
Old 01-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Su%cks, Capital S... Good luck
Old 01-27-2006, 08:09 AM

That is aweful. Swiped, now rear-ended? Your poor car! I bet you take good care of it, and you keep getting these bad drivers around you! So unfair.

Perhaps it's time for a new color? Maybe school bus yellow, or construction worker orange? Something that blinks, or slaps these drivers in the face with a loud obnoxious color! I'm only kidding. I do hope everything works out for the better. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:05 AM

That is completely ridiculous, man! I feel for ya'. BTW, how did the repairs go on the first accident?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:24 AM
dla

missjane, again!!!! Well I guess that's one way to keep the mileage down.

What’s the damage this time?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:52 AM

Very sorry to hear about that
Old 01-27-2006, 10:09 AM

Thanks guy! The first repair went good after I was a bit *****y (in a nice way ) and refused to take it the first time and made them get it right. Sooo.....since this body shop is now well aware of how picky I am, I'm going back. I sort of feel like I have a semi-relationship with them now. The damage this time I *think* is just the bumper....maybe the trunk. Will need to make sure he didn't get the tailpipes, too.

And, yes, you are right. I take SUCH good care of her. I am meticulous about it and very picky. I park a mile away and try to never have anyone near me. So, this just makes it even more upsetting.

Thanks for commiserating with me. I knew all of you would understand how I feel!

Jane
Old 01-27-2006, 10:55 AM

way to be tough with the body guys, they always get paid and they know how to do it right, sometimes you just have to let em know you're not f@#&*ng around. also its kind of funny what pee said about a rental car, how could they possibly placate you with a rental car, you drive one of the greatest cars ever built.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:44 PM

oh no, not again.. this kind of stuff makes a person very paranoid/more cautious when they drive. now i'm always checking my mirrors because of my rear-end collision. hopefully the max won't be out of commission for too long.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:05 PM

missjane, I am so sorry to hear that you're back in the body shop and you just got your SAT radio working too. And you're right, make sure your tailpipes aren't crooked. Nothing I hate more than a Max with crooked-*** pipes.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:12 AM

Hello everybody, I'm new to this site. I found it by looking online for wheel balancing problems with 04 Maxima. Thank god I did because my shimmying problems are finally over. I have a fully loaded 6 speed red opulence 04 maxima. Missjane, I had my car for one year and someone ran into the back of me while I was stopped at the light. He took off on a red light and I gave chase and caught up with him. Needless to say he didn't even have insurance. With all my luck, three months ago, on my way to work on the highway someone threw an egg at the top side of my driver door and took off some paint. People are cruel and get very jealous.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:37 AM

sorry to hear. people gotta pay more attention to the road these days. i had swerve countless times to avoid getting side swiped by idiots that think they own the road just because they drive a big 'ol SUV.

best of luck with the repairs, and glad that no one was hurt from this incident.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:24 PM

I got side swiped and her whole passenger side is ruined. No pics yet, because I am still too sad to even look at it. Nobody got hurt. Except maybe the 17 year old girl who ran the stop sign in her Mom's car.....she may have gotten hurt when she got home with the news.

Didn't even have her a year yet....only 11,000 miles.

Jane
i didnt get hit twice, but i got sideswiped two months after owning the car... ever since then all i have had is problems, internally with the a/c and externally with the weather stripping.. what a shame..
Old 01-28-2006, 07:17 PM

I can't EFFIN believe it. I got hit AGAIN! Rear-ended yesterday. Twice in 4 months and the car just turned 1 year old....not even 15,000 miles and been hit twice. I could just cry.

The guy that hit me is lucky I didn't jump out of that car and hurt him!

Jane
twice! is it u?

i've heard from the insuarnce co. that if u have a few "hit behinds".... they consider u're a bad driver

(i know i'll get hit on this, from the rest of the org'rs but...)
Old 01-28-2006, 07:44 PM

I tell you one thing, if i ever get into a car accident again, i will get a good lawyer.. I was screwed out of some $$$ last time i had an accident. I wont sue the person, but i will make sure the insurance co. follows EVERY detail. They said they paid for my ride to the hospital, but didnt, and a year later it shows up on my credit, UNPAID, not including some other things. ARG!!! I didnt settle until after i though everything was taken care of. NEVER EVER SETTLE, until you are Absolutely sure everything is paid for, get paperwork and everything you can... I found out i could have gotten a lot more $$$ due to the fact it wasnt my fault. He slammed into me going 40-50 mph, in the rear of my car. Push me sideways... they had to pull me out, because i was in shock. I saw the whole thing happen in slow mo, in my big rear view.. BAM, and then i was in a ambulance. Azz... We had the same insurance Co. and they dont lik to handle 2 of their own.. Had probs.. Just get a lawyer if you feel tht you have to pay out of pocket for something that isnt your fault. I was medically fine at the time, but now everyonce in a while i have a catch in my neck that bothers me, and that was only after the accident..

Becareful, and good luck in your search for a place to repair your car. Oh, yeah, MAKE SURE they are not going to BONDO the hel out of your vehicle, this stuff can not be trusted and is not safe if there is another accident in the same area. Wish i had that article that stated this.. they were trying to BONDO my car back together, and i said no F-ing way.. LAter..
Old 01-30-2006, 10:08 AM

How in the world could my insurance company fault ME for getting hit from behind!! I was at a stop sign and they guy just ran right into me! And, the accident 4 months ago, the driver ran a stop sign and creamed the whole passenger side.

Oh, and no bondo.....new bumper.

Jane
Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 AM

i didn't get hit twice but i have had some bad experiences. i had an 05 altima before i got my max and it got totalled 2 months after i got. it had 3700 miles on it. good luck to ya
Old 01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Sorry to hear about your car. I hope all goes well. It seems like you can do everything in the world for your car and these idiots will take your pride away in a flash. I hope your ins. company wouldn't jack you up for something you can't control. I take my daughter to school every morning and I swaer you have to pause when the light turns green. If not someone will blast you. It upsets me more when my daughter is in the car. Her school is in an area where a lot of cars are stolen so they drive through stop signs like it isn't even there. It's bad enough that we have to deal with car thefts raising ins. in our area. I hope your car comes back as good as new. I just hate getting my car after an accident. It seems like they arenever the same.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:26 PM

I feel your pain. I have had my brand new '05 Max for only a week and someone just rear-ended me in a parking lot. The dent is small but I guess they will still have to replace the whole rear bumper and assembly. The car doesn't even have 500 miles on it!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

How in the world could my insurance company fault ME for getting hit from behind!! I was at a stop sign and they guy just ran right into me! And, the accident 4 months ago, the driver ran a stop sign and creamed the whole passenger side.

Oh, and no bondo.....new bumper.

Jane
Because insurance companies are evil...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:32 PM

How in the world could my insurance company fault ME for getting hit from behind!! Jane
not saying ure a bad driver....but i know of a case (canada) where a driver has had insurance premiums raised (three "No-faults" and not in parking lots)... and the reason given was " there must be something wrong with the way u drive, if so many people are hitting u from behind"

as chernmax said... they are just "EVIL"
so take care in what u report to them!!