6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Can anyone take a picture

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:34 PM

Can anyone take a picture

I know the topic suppose to go in audio and electronics but this is specific to the 6th gen max. I am going to do a remote start / security system in my 2005 and was hoping someone can get a picture of where the installer picked up the tach wire in the engine. I know its suppose to be either on of the ignition coils or injector but do I have to take anything apart or are there wires that I can tap into before it goes under the engine cover.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2005, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by -Sin-
I know the topic suppose to go in audio and electronics but this is specific to the 6th gen max. I am going to do a remote start / security system in my 2005 and was hoping someone can get a picture of where the installer picked up the tach wire in the engine. I know its suppose to be either on of the ignition coils or injector but do I have to take anything apart or are there wires that I can tap into before it goes under the engine cover.

Thanks
Yeah post in the audio and electronics most of the 6th gen guys post in their. also they are really helpful you most likely get this thread closed for posting in here but who know I maybe wrong goodluck
Old 10-07-2005, 10:08 PM

You have to take the engine cover off and I usually go to the last injector towards the passenger's side of the engine.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:53 PM
supernet33

If you want remote start u need a key, and a key box, u know that?

Old 10-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just got a code alarm installed into mine cost about $700.00 for everything. I didnt know they did that though>? I ll have to check into it.. thanks for the info.. Later........
Old 10-08-2005, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
I just got a code alarm installed into mine cost about $700.00 for everything. I didnt know they did that though>? I ll have to check into it.. thanks for the info.. Later........
You will only need the extra key if you are installing a remote start or a alarm and remote start combo. If you only had the alarm installed, you wouldn't have needed the extra key.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Using a DEI alarm/remote start system is the best way to go.....you can set it for voltage sensing instead of using tach....I do it all the time and NEVER had a problem....and yes you will need another key to make your remote start to work (DEI# 556U).....
Old 10-10-2005, 06:22 AM

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have been working on my mom car this past weekend (installed an Remote Start). I am planning to put in an alarm/remote start in my car, also will be getting a another key made and coded by nissan and planning to use the 556U. I was just hoping I did not have to go under the engine cover but I guess I do. I may just try tachless voltage sensing. Thanks for the replys!!!