6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Suede Time

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
gec

Suede Time

Don't ry this at home kids....lol

The Demolition

Yes this is a 6th Gen Maxima owner on drugs

This is my Brother in-law --- who you've all heard about --- also the most thorough custom car professional --- lucky me I married up ---- didn't take much convincing though after I saw the work he's done...Yes I do honey...welcome to the family...oooh brother in-law I need a double din and they don't make it..ooh brother in-law I want every LED in my car changed to blue...oh brother in Law....I want a suede headliner, pillars, and ummm can we have all the plastic pieces I don't suede painted...oooh and can we do some more monitors..... ain't marraige grand... lol

Old 11-01-2005, 04:16 PM
gec

He's saying don't F*** with this right here

Old 11-01-2005, 04:41 PM

Cant wait to see how it comes out!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:30 PM

Good luck! Looks like you guys know what your doing.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Must be nice having someone like that in your family.......
Old 11-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Cant believe no one else has asked....Does your wife have any hot sisters? Early to mid 20's. Come on people, sheesh.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:51 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Gec.

Don't make him do all that.

Been there, would never do it again.

It's suicide.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
Gec.

It's suicide.

What do you mean? you have done this project with suede? What happened..

gec... dude you are the MAN!! I have been working on this as well.. Looking into places to buy the items.. I posted somewhere on here the place i am using to buy the material, (hate that i cant search, or see all my previous posts)... You have to take pics of HOW TO... and or atleast how the material is applied.... Question about the front A-Pillars.. Cant seem to find how to remove them... also do you have the side airbags? I do... i wonder if that will be a problem... I have the toupe/grey type interior, wish i had black interior.. I will be going with black suede top, and maybe grey/toupe lower half, with black leather seats, with black suede inserts... I will also paint the mid console....and must more./... OH yeah the best part.. THe LED UPGRADE!!! LOL
Old 11-01-2005, 09:04 PM
gec

Originally Posted by lclrod
Cant believe no one else has asked....Does your wife have any hot sisters? Early to mid 20's. Come on people, sheesh.

hahaha..yup 25yrs old

Old 11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
gec

Gec.

It's suicide.

wow...ok Nice to meet you metal...just spent the last hour of my life going through your thread...dudes who take risks like that are the ones who pioneer new products and do much more than just mod their car...they inspire others to top them....big ups and I've added your thread to notification to track some of your progress... Too bad I didn't start this a month or two ago we probably could have shared some ideas...The suede you used has a low UV rating so as a precaution don't leave it directly exposed to sunlight...<<< that wasn't hating just some sound advice from my last car having to be redone only then I was paying for it to be done.....

Old 11-01-2005, 09:31 PM
gec

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
What do you mean? you have done this project with suede? What happened..

gec... dude you are the MAN!! I have been working on this as well.. Looking into places to buy the items.. I posted somewhere on here the place i am using to buy the material, (hate that i cant search, or see all my previous posts)... You have to take pics of HOW TO... and or atleast how the material is applied.... Question about the front A-Pillars.. Cant seem to find how to remove them... also do you have the side airbags? I do... i wonder if that will be a problem... I have the toupe/grey type interior, wish i had black interior.. I will be going with black suede top, and maybe grey/toupe lower half, with black leather seats, with black suede inserts... I will also paint the mid console....and must more./... OH yeah the best part.. THe LED UPGRADE!!! LOL
Whattup Max,

Material Material Material ---- so important my friend ---- the material really comes down to 3 things:

1. UV Rating (how much sunlight is it rated to withstand b4 it fades)
2. The quality of suede
(A) The feel
(B) The durability
3. The ease of use for automotive installs

and 4th I guess is what you like the most...you could spend 4 bucks a yard at walmart --- 20-30 bucks a yard for a microsuede or an alcantara replica -- 30 - 50 bucks for custom authnetic suede from a fabric store or 100 - 120 for imported alcantara the best on the market.....I don't know Max I got alotta opinions on em all ...good and bad.... but I went with authentic signature suede at 45/yrd....

The front pillars clip in 3 spots down the length and then have a slightly curved lip at the end that rolls underneath the dash.... The clips themselves will come off by applying some pressure and getting the lower lip out takes some wiggling and careful pulling....I'll take a pic for you in the next day or so and you can see how it goes in...

Curtain Airbags = Don't mess with....here's the pic

Old 11-01-2005, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by gec
Whattup Max,

Material Material Material ---- so important my friend ---- the material really comes down to 3 things:

1. UV Rating (how much sunlight is it rated to withstand b4 it fades)
2. The quality of suede
(A) The feel
(B) The durability
3. The ease of use for automotive installs

and 4th I guess is what you like the most...you could spend 4 bucks a yard at walmart --- 20-30 bucks a yard for a microsuede or an alcantara replica -- 30 - 50 bucks for custom authnetic suede from a fabric store or 100 - 120 for imported alcantara the best on the market.....I don't know Max I got alotta opinions on em all ...good and bad.... but I went with authentic signature suede at 45/yrd....

The front pillars clip in 3 spots down the length and then have a slightly curved lip at the end that rolls underneath the dash.... The clips themselves will come off by applying some pressure and getting the lower lip out takes some wiggling and careful pulling....I'll take a pic for you in the next day or so and you can see how it goes in...

Curtain Airbags = Don't mess with....here's the pic

Sweet.. Thanks man... Yeah i have done some research on this topic too.. Especially the UV rating.. Very important to those that want long life, and dont want to spend the $$$ to do it again for a long time.. What was your initial rating (UV) on the stuff you got, and from where did you get it from, (price)? I have also looked into the adhesive to use on the material.. Gotta make sure it will not bleed into the fabric and damage the material. Thing is i have all my research at home on my 'puter, and i am normally at work when on here... I gotta write down the places i go to look up this stuff, and bring it into work... I am on this computer 90% of my 12hr shift... Alot of research, but i do not keep FAV's on here...

thanks in advance for the pics, it would help me locate faster how to take my roof parts off as well, if you dont mind.. Hopefully a FULL HOW TO.. I plan on doing this to everything thing i do.. How2's have helped me so much in the past, and i am glad people here are doing the same.. Cut the heavy work load into easy steps..

thanks for the info, and look forward in seeing what your outcome will look like..
Old 11-02-2005, 04:53 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
What do you mean? you have done this project with suede? What happened...
Click on my signature. I am finishing up doing a complete lighting/fiberglassing/suede/sound deadening interior overhual. Here's a pic of how it looks now, click HERE for the worklog. Yes, that's suede on the doors and dash...pics of the lighting can be found in the worklog too.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:02 AM

Click on my signature. I am finishing up doing a complete lighting/fiberglassing/suede/sound deadening interior overhual. Here's a pic of how it looks now, click HERE for the worklog. Yes, that's suede on the doors and dash...pics of the lighting can be found in the worklog too.

That hot.. Thats a mod that i gots to do. good job on the work .

What color you going with GEC????
Old 11-02-2005, 08:55 AM

Damn Metal,
Now that is a panty dropping interior there. Awesome.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:37 AM

gec, good luck with the mod. It would be great if you could keep an active worklog on here like Metal did. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:41 PM
gec

Originally Posted by clayman88
gec, good luck with the mod. It would be great if you could keep an active worklog on here like Metal did. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Thanks Clay --- yeah I um did that once and spent months of my life doing it for the site to close the thread...so yeah no

Smoked Out --- I'm doing it black suede bro

Old 11-02-2005, 06:05 PM

OMFG!!!! DAYUM!!!! METAL.. thats friggin Awesome.. i had to read to whole thing... That project looks MAG ready bro... I really hope you keep us updated, and gec too, with these great mods for our cars... Later...
Old 11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
gec

Moving along.....

Old 11-07-2005, 07:45 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Very Nice!!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:02 AM

gec u never responded to me on how much those leds would cost.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:35 AM
gec

Originally Posted by 05MaXiMaMenG
gec u never responded to me on how much those leds would cost.
Sorry bro --- I'll do it now

Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 AM

How is the suede coming along? I see that you got the b pillars and the headliner started. How much did you spend on the suede and where did you get it? I like that idea. I don't care for the light grey upper half of my interior were the rest is black with red trim. that is going to be a very clean look. Are you going to put suede on the seats as well?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:48 AM

Awesome gec... MORE, MORE, MOREEEEEEEEE!! lol..
Old 11-11-2005, 02:41 AM

Looking good!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:22 PM
gec

Put the liner in today...almost finished with the pillars and its time to put everything back

Doesn't beat a Blue LED Upgrade though....lol

Old 11-12-2005, 05:00 PM

Holy S**t Looks Niceeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:28 PM

Man oh , MAN, OH MAN OH MAN!!!! SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT... Thats friggin B E A 'Utifullll... Thanks for the pics... Hard to see because its SOOOOOOO BLACK.. LOL...
Old 11-12-2005, 05:34 PM
gec

Thanks fellas

Ghost here's a shot with a camera flash

Old 11-12-2005, 05:58 PM

that looks really good.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:33 PM

thanks... looking great...
Old 11-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Looks hot, can't wait to see the finished product...
Old 11-13-2005, 07:51 AM

wow...that looks awesome.......
Old 11-14-2005, 08:18 AM
gec

Worked our asses off yesterday....enjoy

Old 11-14-2005, 08:47 AM

Lookin Good!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:49 AM

Dizzamn Dawg, looking sooooo PLUSH! Very PHAT with them screens, LEDS and that Suede is supa' smooth! Your interior is SLICK OFF THE HEEZY, ya' hurd!!!! Keep up that TIGHT work!!............PEACE
Old 11-14-2005, 09:11 AM

Man that looks really sick, I'm doing the same thing this winter, suede headliner, pillars, door inserts, seat inserts ect.... yours look really good, I wish you'll lived by me so I can pay you'll to do mine. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:40 AM

wicked. what type of monitors did you use in the visor?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:50 AM

Dude you have the most beautiful max on the road. HANDS DOWN!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:14 PM
gec

Originally Posted by maxdizzle1
Dizzamn Dawg, looking sooooo PLUSH! Very PHAT with them screens, LEDS and that Suede is supa' smooth! Your interior is SLICK OFF THE HEEZY, ya' hurd!!!! Keep up that TIGHT work!!............PEACE

Whatup dizzle --- my man with my favorite wheels --- thanx bro --- I got a busy week with this sh** .... gotta finish the sueding and wire in my headrest and visor monitors...then I think I can relax a bit...and ponder what to do next to the interior.

Originally Posted by Royal_T
Man that looks really sick, I'm doing the same thing this winter, suede headliner, pillars, door inserts, seat inserts ect.... yours look really good, I wish you'll lived by me so I can pay you'll to do mine. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

Thanx Royal T ---- you got any questions when you do yours just hit me up.. I need to have it all finished by Sunday for our meet, but its preety close to being done

Originally Posted by driver
wicked. what type of monitors did you use in the visor?
7 inch power acoustik

Originally Posted by belal242
Dude you have the most beautiful max on the road. HANDS DOWN!!!
WOW...thanx alot man.... I've said it before and I'll say it again I'm just trying to catch up to ramberg....

I'm not into the performance stuff, but I'm all about styling... I just gotta think of what to do next....lol...any suggestions???

Quick Reply: Suede Time