6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Suede Time

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 05:16 PM

yeah just enjoy your ride that is my suggestion. You have a great lookin car especially cuz it is black. remember don't too much can ruin a great thing. Well it is to bad that I don't live in RI or I would be at your door to get my headliner done. I have a black interior with red piping and I need to get rid of that light grey headliner. How hard was it to do the visor monitors? can you pm me details of that and the headliner like cost how much material you bought ect.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Gec i dont have too many suggestions for you left because you did everything i wanted to do. But maybe, well i always wanted to see some fire blow out those 4 pipes when the car starts up. Hehe i know its not legal but damn i can dream. I think im on the same boat as you when it comes to my car, i just like to style it. But i just dont have the craftsmanship to do what you do, nor do i have the money to pay for it. But when i do ill be knocking on your door. Good luck, and maybe next time try black wheels with chrome lip, now that would be SLICKKKKKKKKK!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:25 AM

Gec, Its looking great. Keep up the good work....and pics if you have time!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:54 PM

Hey Gec I went to the shop that did my seats for me and they quoted me 500 buck to do the headliner and pillers and dye the plastic parts that could not be covered in ultra suede. Does that sound like a far price or is that a bit high.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:36 PM
gec

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
Hey Gec I went to the shop that did my seats for me and they quoted me 500 buck to do the headliner and pillers and dye the plastic parts that could not be covered in ultra suede. Does that sound like a far price or is that a bit high.

uuuhhh...find that hard to believe, but if so thats an outstanding price and should do it immediately...I don't know what type of material there using...but thats the cheapest I've ever heard of...

Old 11-15-2005, 08:57 PM
gec

Another Long Day of Modding

First and Foremost asked ole B-inlaw to fabricate me a new LED screen cover, as we all know they get scratched so easily and it takes months for the stealerships to replace them under warranty...so first pic is the old one...all yucky and scratched...2nd one is him holding up the old one and the new one installed...master fabricator right there...lol

k...continuing on we wired in the visor monitors and got them going...also check out the front suede pillars and the B-pillars installed...

Old 11-15-2005, 08:59 PM
gec

And last but not least the Headrest monitors got dropped in

Old 11-16-2005, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by gec
uuuhhh...find that hard to believe, but if so thats an outstanding price and should do it immediately...I don't know what type of material there using...but thats the cheapest I've ever heard of...
It is ultra suede not real suede he told me that he could not get real suede in rolls large enough to do the headliner. The material I cant think of the name right now but I looked at the stuff from katzkin and this stuff is nicer has a longer nap. What stuff did you use and where did you get it? He is also gonna paint all the plastic and make the housings for monitor in the visors. He did want a lot to do the headrest so I thinking about getting the ones from Pioneer and buying the post to take them out of the car when the kids are not watching them.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:07 PM

Hey GEC when are you opening up you shop??? Cause i'll be waiting in line dude!!!

Good Job, looks hella Nice!!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:56 PM
gec

It is ultra suede not real suede he told me that he could not get real suede in rolls large enough to do the headliner. The material I cant think of the name right now but I looked at the stuff from katzkin and this stuff is nicer has a longer nap. What stuff did you use and where did you get it? He is also gonna paint all the plastic and make the housings for monitor in the visors. He did want a lot to do the headrest so I thinking about getting the ones from Pioneer and buying the post to take them out of the car when the kids are not watching them.
Theres tons of real suede out there that fit the width === 48' ---- he uses signature suede its 54' wide and what a soft feel to it..post pics when your done..and with your labor that cheap....I would spend some good coin on the material...

Originally Posted by Majestic_MAx05
Hey GEC when are you opening up you shop??? Cause i'll be waiting in line dude!!!
We got a shop in RI, where all the pics are taken...gonna move into a new commercial condo thats being built by May of next year. The shop now is 2 bays and its shared with my contractor cousin and its always a fight because his tools are all over the place...reminds me of an episode of american chopper with the son & the dad always arguing....but the new place is nice..1800sqft and a loft up top with office space which we don't have now...

Old 11-17-2005, 10:14 AM

Hey Gec how much was the real suede you used. My guy insist that he can't get real suede only the microfiber. If I can get it from you or your guy and have my guy do it for me that would be sweet. That total I gave before was for the labor and material. I am not sure how much of it was for the material and for the labor. But if you could clue me in that way I am sure that I am getting the best deal.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:49 PM
gec

Hey Gec how much was the real suede you used. My guy insist that he can't get real suede only the microfiber. If I can get it from you or your guy and have my guy do it for me that would be sweet. That total I gave before was for the labor and material. I am not sure how much of it was for the material and for the labor. But if you could clue me in that way I am sure that I am getting the best deal.

what up my mang...the stuff I used is 45/yd --- you'd need 4 yards (5 to be safe)

PM me with your addy --- I got some left I'll send you a snippet so you can compare it

Old 11-17-2005, 09:04 PM
gec

Project is done

Old 11-17-2005, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by gec
Project is done

I don't think you have enough screens in that car... you can still take out the airbag, the bottom pocket and the sunglass holder and add 3 more!

Seriously though, that looks like it took a lot of work, time and money. Good job.

You need some clear daytime pictures though... and to call your insurance people to let them know you have all that stuff in there, just in case.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:42 PM
gec

man we think to much alike.... I'm waiting to get the sunglass holder and a steering wheel from the next wreck that comes in....didn't think bout the bottom pocket...but did think about putting the LED screen down there and another monitor up top....I'm kinda tired of my car right now, and I think I've used my bro-inlaws spare time up this year so its time for a vaca from modding till after the holidays...lol

we got a meet on sunday I'll take plenty of daytime pics

Old 11-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by viguera
and call your insurance people to let them know you have all that stuff in there, just in case.
Just in case Viguera pays you a visit, I got dibs on the visor monitors
Old 11-18-2005, 05:51 AM
GrandPa

Looking hot. I will be up in Jan. I have a big family to buy Christmas gifts for.. Also my wife cut out my traveling for the rest of the year.lol

Warren
Old 11-18-2005, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Just in case Viguera pays you a visit, I got dibs on the visor monitors

Seriously though... if I put that much **** in my car, it wouldn't even sit on the driveway. It'd be in the garage every night...

I was spooked because I had to leave mine at LGA over the weekend... I kept thinking that I was gonna get back and it was gonna be stripped... and mine basically looks stock compared to his...
Old 11-18-2005, 07:29 AM
SuPeRmOd

looks amazing. (minus the monitors) that is how I envisioned my interior to be from day one.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:23 AM

Looks AWESOME - that is ALOT of money and effort right there. Hope you have a good alarm to help keep her safe... Great job!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:51 PM

alarms are worthless now days everyone has become desenstize to them. Besides if a good thief wants your stuff it is gone. All you can do is hope you have good insurance. Plus be very causious as to where you park your car. But that is a great ride and it is inspiring as well.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:13 PM

Dude Holy S**T!!!!!!!! One word "AWSOME" !!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 07:07 AM

Nice man, very nice
Old 11-19-2005, 08:50 AM

alarms are worthless now days everyone has become desenstize to them.
I gotta disagree with that... a good 2-way alarm can make all the difference in the world. You can be at the movies or in a restaurant and they can still hit you up and rip out all your ****... a good alarm is the difference between you knowing and running out to find a broken window -- or --- you coming out 2 hours later to find all your stuff is gone.

I think you're right that you have to be careful where you park and all, but if you can't even leave your car in the mall parking lot because of fear that somebody's gonna rip you off then that's not the way to live...
Old 11-19-2005, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by viguera
I gotta disagree with that... a good 2-way alarm can make all the difference in the world. You can be at the movies or in a restaurant and they can still hit you up and rip out all your ****... a good alarm is the difference between you knowing and running out to find a broken window -- or --- you coming out 2 hours later to find all your stuff is gone.

I think you're right that you have to be careful where you park and all, but if you can't even leave your car in the mall parking lot because of fear that somebody's gonna rip you off then that's not the way to live...
Well I have had a two alarm and I still came out to an empty car. One time came out to no car at all. I would rather sit on the roof with a 50 cal and snipe those ***** out. Or sit across the street with my desert eagles. and yes that is plural. But it is to bad that these days you cant have nice things cause there is always someone out there willing to take it from you. My last alarm was an avitar. what would you recommend. I may seem like a sinic but I will put another alarm on the max once I get the video thing going on in my ride.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:15 PM
gec

wow...lotta security concern...lol .....sorry guys haven't been on the last few days...tek came down to the meet today along with a couple other cool guys with 6th gens...joesredmax and tom f5nikon treked all the way down from NH...

it was so nice to drive this car today. It's literally been sitting in the shop bay for 2 months... I've forgotten that its so much more than a nice looking car it drives well.... I did learn one big thing today and that is this car is getting a set of coilovers immediately....lol....

Old 11-21-2005, 07:43 AM

you got pics from the meet?
Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 AM

Man it came out good, keep up the good work
Old 11-21-2005, 04:17 PM
gec

you got pics from the meet?
I got a few from my digi I'll upload later, but F5 had his big professional cam and took like 100 shots of my car.... He promised me some (((oooohhhh F5)))))) I'm sure his resolution on that camera is as close as you can get to seeing the real thing....now only if he could send me some...lol

Thanks Royal-T

Old 11-21-2005, 06:46 PM

Here are some pics from the RI meet Sunday.....enjoy!

www.pszenny.com/maxmeet1.htm