6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Any more news on '07 Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

eh, it looks pretty much the same to me...

about as drastic as a difference as the 05-06 accords
Old 12-07-2005, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
The azz end is getting slimmed down, it looks as though its not as wide and it has a horizontal crease in it to minimize the bulk of our bumpers.
Yep... noticed that, and like it very much!
Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Love those new fogs and front bumper!!
Same here!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:49 AM

Looks pretty much the same to me. Gotta love the ever present wheel gap
Old 12-07-2005, 11:30 AM

You know, now that I look more closely at that last pic, I'm thinking the brake/tail light lens might have been changed to circular instead of horizontal bars. I also assume it is going to be LED, so I can see how they might use a circular array ... especially since the Infiniti's all have a circular light theme now.

That might explain why they slapped all that tape on the tails ... to camo the new LED pattern (?)
Old 12-07-2005, 01:08 PM

Mike_TX - I thought the same thing, but just could not get the definition from that photo to decide.

Either the tape around the tail lights is covering nothing new (just trying to draw our eyes away from the real changes), or something has changed. If anything about the tail lights changed, since the shape seems the same, it must be, as you suggested, a conversion to LED.

That would be nice.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by MaxMus
The only thing it's missing is.

RWD.

Ain't that the truth
Old 01-09-2006, 01:26 PM

Intelligent Key for 2007 Maxima?

I was looking at nissans website and I noticed that the 2007 Sentra (nice car by the way) will have available Intelligent Key. It only makes sense that their flagship sedan has this as well. Your thoughts?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:30 PM

I'm always happy to see auto manufactures add new technology and features to a base car. New standards and features should considered frequently. I'm really surprised that cassette players are still an option in cars, and I'd rather have a DVD Media player in it's place. But to each their own.

With something that can unlock your doors or start your car, security is a major concern of mine. Being a Network Engineer by trade, I'm always paranoid of attacks and break in's with technology. I see how technology can be designed to simplify life, but be quickly used to thwart legitimacy. I've seen certain $20,000 guaranteed motorcycle locks defeated by a $0.99 Bic pen. I question convince and security in the same breath. I have yet to own a car with the Intelligent Key system, but I have hopes that it will work while keeping the car and owner safe and secure.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:30 PM

summary of this thread: a bunch of random conjecture backed up by no facts whatsoever
Old 01-09-2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by OmarBadu
summary of this thread: a bunch of random conjecture backed up by no facts whatsoever
Padding your post stats?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:37 PM

i meant that there were no facts to back this up currently so just delete this thread or lock it - who cares about post stats
Old 01-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

i meant that there were no facts to back this up currently so just delete this thread or lock it - who cares about post stats
Why, what info did you come up with, after 4 responses if your done, skip the thread, maybe other Orgers know something we haven't heard. Don't slam the unknown, you may just learn something...
Old 01-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

it should be offered in the Max by '07-wish my '05 had it- my wife's Murano does and I'm so jealous- not only does it look cool but it's WAY convenient. That's okay- she wishes she had a heated steering wheel, but never in place of her precious Intelligent Key-lol.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by SMOKIN'MAX
it should be offered in the Max by '07-wish my '05 had it- my wife's Murano does and I'm so jealous- not only does it look cool but it's WAY convenient. That's okay- she wishes she had a heated steering wheel, but never in place of her precious Intelligent Key-lol.

I hear you, my brother in law has one in his FX45, different at first, but cool...
Old 01-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

Best of Both Worlds

Originally Posted by chernmax
I hear you, my brother in law has one in his FX45, different at first, but cool...
Sweet ride-I like those..A Murano on steroids. bet that he has both options: IntelliKey AND HtdWheel- I'd be in heaven, esp w/ that awesome 4.5LV8...woohoo!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by SMOKIN'MAX
Sweet ride-I like those..A Murano on steroids. bet that he has both options: IntelliKey AND HtdWheel- I'd be in heaven, esp w/ that awesome 4.5LV8...woohoo!
Check it out than...

My brother in law still liked my engine better...

Old 01-10-2006, 06:45 AM

rofl @ my brother in law still like my engine better...
he looks like hes in awe looking under your hood.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by logik05se
rofl @ my brother in law still like my engine better...
he looks like hes in awe looking under your hood.
Yes I must admit, it was one of those Stolen Moment shots...
Old 01-10-2006, 08:08 AM

You're an a$$hole...thats a summary of what I think of your post.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The new sentra is getting packed with all kinds of stuff i think are great add ons for nissan. Im almost for sure we can expect this for the 6.5 gen max to be standard and the intelligent key fob looks awsome. I also noticed the drive computer which is even more specific now. Very impressive to have in a base car for nissan. I can only imagin what goodys will come out for the 07 max. Im smelling trade in come this fall.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by belal242
The new sentra is getting packed with all kinds of stuff i think are great add ons for nissan. Im almost for sure we can expect this for the 6.5 gen max to be standard and the intelligent key fob looks awsome. I also noticed the drive computer which is even more specific now. Very impressive to have in a base car for nissan. I can only imagin what goodys will come out for the 07 max. Im smelling trade in come this fall.
Looks like 7th gen for me though.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:49 AM

that intelligent key is pretty dumb (no pun intended) considering you have to actually turn the cylinder on the murano to start it anyway.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:09 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Why, what info did you come up with, after 4 responses if your done, skip the thread, maybe other Orgers know something we haven't heard. Don't slam the unknown, you may just learn something...

Chern once again you are on point with what you say. The guy started a thread on something that he thought was something new. I thought that's what this site is for we share ideas or things we have read and want to share. Nissan may or may not be doing this to the max. From my history with Nissan since the infinity brand came out they have been putting some of the technology into the other cars. It does not sound crazy that they will add an intelligent system to the car. I have learned alot from this site and will keep on using it. I can't understand the attack on him for just trying to look forward hell if they do add it it would be good to know now I can research it. It may even make some people think about the next move. You were right chern he might learn something.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:11 AM

I think the 07' will have the intelligent key, and they will def have some more updates in technology, they need to keep paces with the likes of the Avalon, TL, Saab 9-3 and others in their field.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by logik05se
that intelligent key is pretty dumb (no pun intended) considering you have to actually turn the cylinder on the murano to start it anyway.

Yes but the advantage is that the intelligent key operates the Vehicle Immobilizer System that has an encoded transponder chip embedded into the key. The engine control computer will not allow the engine to start without the correct key and transponder signal, thus in my old school days would render a dent puller and screwdriver useless...

Your ride may still get stripped, but at least it will still be there...
Old 01-10-2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by kdejour
Chern once again you are on point with what you say. The guy started a thread on something that he thought was something new. I thought that's what this site is for we share ideas or things we have read and want to share. Nissan may or may not be doing this to the max. From my history with Nissan since the infinity brand came out they have been putting some of the technology into the other cars. It does not sound crazy that they will add an intelligent system to the car. I have learned alot from this site and will keep on using it. I can't understand the attack on him for just trying to look forward hell if they do add it it would be good to know now I can research it. It may even make some people think about the next move. You were right chern he might learn something.
Thanks for the feedback bro, I dislike people who want to shut down a thread just because they are not interested or it's about someones forward thinking on the future of the Max. When all men think alike, No one thinks very much. Mods on rides are based on forward thinking or trying to do something better, new, or innovative.

If a person doesn't like what's going on in a particular thread, their are hundreds more to choose from. Don't like what's going on in the Org, then kick over to E-Harmony and see if you can find someone willing to listen to your

Peace bro. thanks for having my back..
Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 AM

agreed that the attack was possibly uncalled but so far i was 100% on point
Old 01-10-2006, 11:09 AM

agreed that the attack was possibly uncalled but so far i was 100% on point
We all have our days, it's all good. Glad to have you back Org Brother...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:37 AM

The Intelligent key sounds interesting to me... I know what he means by people getting into your cars... Out of paranoia I always lock my car with the remote and then press the button a couple more times... I have seen a show or something where people sat in a car and waited for you to lock your car and walk away... then they would lock into your code and unlock the car... I keep pressing so they can't keep the code... dunno if it would deter people. I bet it just looks like a possessed car beeping 4-5 times after it's off... Anyway, I guess I buy too much into the big-brother-watching-me theory.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
SuPeRmOd

wouldn't you notice someone sitting in your car when you get out?? I just use the lock button on the door. Only use the keyfob lock if I'm not sure I pressed it, or to find my car.

Itelli key sounds nice, but yet another $1000 feature I prefer the saved cash
Old 01-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by ThunderMaxi
The Intelligent key sounds interesting to me... I know what he means by people getting into your cars... Out of paranoia I always lock my car with the remote and then press the button a couple more times... I have seen a show or something where people sat in a car and waited for you to lock your car and walk away... then they would lock into your code and unlock the car... I keep pressing so they can't keep the code... dunno if it would deter people. I bet it just looks like a possessed car beeping 4-5 times after it's off... Anyway, I guess I buy too much into the big-brother-watching-me theory.
If someone want my car that bad, they can have it. I have keyless system in my other car. On the convenience level, it save you time looking for the ignition to insert and remove the key. You still have to push botton once while step on the brake to start and twice stop and exit.
If they make the system complete bio-metric w/ ESP, then it would be great; since you can still lose the key or access card.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
wouldn't you notice someone sitting in your car when you get out?? I just use the lock button on the door. Only use the keyfob lock if I'm not sure I pressed it, or to find my car.

Itelli key sounds nice, but yet another $1000 feature I prefer the saved cash

Dag, $1000 thats alot of money. But dont you think they will offer it as standard on the 07 max?
Old 01-11-2006, 07:38 AM
dla

Originally Posted by belal242
Dag, $1000 thats alot of money. But dont you think they will offer it as standard on the 07 max?

Yahh, standard with an extra $1000 to the base price. I'm not sold on it yet.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:10 AM

I've been wanting to ask this question:

If you start the car up, and then walk away from the car with the intelligent key in your pocket, what will happen? Is the car gonna stay running? or shut off itself?

Thank in advance for answers.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by X-Vert
I've been wanting to ask this question:

If you start the car up, and then walk away from the car with the intelligent key in your pocket, what will happen? Is the car gonna stay running? or shut off itself?

Thank in advance for answers.
The vehicle will stay on from what I have seen with my brother in laws FX45
Old 01-11-2006, 10:49 AM

So then anyone can jump in and take off?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by X-Vert
So then anyone can jump in and take off?
Yes, if a person is dumb enough to leave an unattended vehicle on and walk away it should be stolen. In most city's like in NY, Philly, NJ, Chicago, Detroit, IT WILL BE STOLEN!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Newbie just Registered

Yes, if a person is dumb enough to leave an unattended vehicle on and walk away it should be stolen. In most city's like in NY, Philly, NJ, Chicago, Detroit, IT WILL BE STOLEN!!!
Not true, car can remain on while parked. If someone attempt to drive it away w/o access key/card near by, the engine will shut down.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
Not true, car can remain on while parked. If someone attempt to drive it away w/o access key/card near by, the engine will shut down.
Actually, that may be totally true, my experience was staying with the vehicle at a rest stop while my brother in law used the facilities, I did not try and drive off with his ride, although his FX45 was so bad a$$, I thought about it...
Old 01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Newbie just Registered

Actually, that may be totally true, my experience was staying with the vehicle at a rest stop while my brother in law used the facilities, I did not try and drive off with his ride, although his FX45 was so bad a$$, I thought about it...
I would have!

Quick Reply: Any more news on '07 Maxima?