6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Any more news on '07 Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:27 PM

this post is depressing me. i havent gotten the max yet and it seems like i should have waited on the 07 model. AHHHHHHHHH that means the when i get back to the states for good the 07 will be out and my 06 will have knowing my wife and a new car and all over 7000 miles on it to say the least. and if i had waited about 8 months i could have new technology. oh well nice post though gives me something to research and look forward to in the future.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Any more news on '07 Maxima?

I thought there was a sticky on the subject of changes expected for the 2007 Maxima, but I see it's not there.

So I'm wondering if anyone has uncovered more info on changes they may make. So far, there is a lot of talk of interior uppgrades, and rumors of LED tails, both of which are good. But I'm wondering about other things, like an upgrade to the Nav system, any additional equipment upgrades, and so on.

I'm in all likelihood going to trade my '04 max for a new '07 when they arrive later this year, so any info is appreciated!

(Sorry - NOW I see the sticky! Duh!!!)
Old 01-13-2006, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I thought there was a sticky on the subject of changes expected for the 2007 Maxima, but I see it's not there.

So I'm wondering if anyone has uncovered more info on changes they may make. So far, there is a lot of talk of interior uppgrades, and rumors of LED tails, both of which are good. But I'm wondering about other things, like an upgrade to the Nav system, any additional equipment upgrades, and so on.

I'm in all likelihood going to trade my '04 max for a new '07 when they arrive later this year, so any info is appreciated!
Why you going to do that?
Old 01-14-2006, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by jasonjm
Why you going to do that?
Well, now that you asked, I've had really good luck with my '04 Maxima. No problems at all, and it has been a peach to own and drive.

I seriously considered a TL, just to have something different, but they have had a raft of problems with those things and I also don't like the lower torque and hp numbers. Great-looking car, but I've decided it's not worth the grief.

Also considered a G35, but there are a bunch of things I don't like about that car, too. And I have an '06 M45, so a G would make me feel like I'm driving my other car's poor brother.

Overall, the Maxima just has the best size and space utilization, it has great power, it gets great mileage, it has features I can't get anywhere else (heated steering wheel, decent trip computer, fold-down rear seats, etc., etc.), it looks good and it sells at a good price.

All in all, it's a great car IMO!
Old 01-15-2006, 08:01 PM

Before I got rid of mine, I was able to fit 2 (thats TWO) 31 Gal containers in the trunk alone :-) I could've fit 40 gals, but too much $$. Oh yeah, and at the same time I had a 31" Wega TV on the passenger side (HUGE tv!). In the rear seats I was able to fit 4-5 30 gal trash bags of clothes. All this in one trip. Hehe... The max's interior is massive.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

Intelligent Key-A Real Convenience

Originally Posted by X-Vert
So then anyone can jump in and take off?
NO, only the guy with the intelligent key in his pocket can. My wife's Murano locks itself when the person (with the key) walks away say...10 feet. You can program it to do this on the Display Options Screen-time to lock 15 sec., 30 sec., etc.. Then, to re-enter, just press the button on the door. It's a great feature- wish I had it on the Max.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:56 PM

I'm def thinking about trading in my 2004 max for the new 2007 max, especially if they upgrade the engine and interior features.

As for the tail lights, I don't think they'll be changed to circular, I think they'll stay oval (however they are now), but wouldn't rule out a possibilty of LED'S
Old 01-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just saw 07 maxima article

Here is the link

http://ezinearticles.com/?id=105032

After reading this im confused now from after what we saw in the spy shots.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:50 PM

betal - Knowing nothing, I think the referenced article was written some time back (I know I read it last summer). I had the impression the first time I read it that the author was making unwarranted assumptions. I still feel that way.

I think the 2007 Maxima will arrive this summer (possibly as early as June), still be a gen 6, look a lot like the 2004-6, but with a few styling nuances, a clearly better quality interior, and several additional features as standard, such as in-cabin display of tire pressure.

I personally feel the 7th gen Maxima will appear in spring of 2008 as a 2009 model.

But we will see.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My first post I know, Im actually from sydney australia. The photos you guys have on page 3 of this thread is the maxima we are currently selling over here.
I bought one about 6 months ago we are calling them a J31.

They have the same VQ35 and a conventional auto transmission. There is no CVT in them like the Z50 murano yet.
From looking around your forum the inside is a fair bit different to your current Maxima.
They have intelligent keys like the murano and its brilliant.
Over here they have pretty much all the functions and gadgets you guys seem to have in your current model and we also have VDC which is also in the murano and 350Z.

This is the only shot I have hosted of it but I can give it a wash and a take a few better ones latter.

Brad.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:27 PM

welcome! nice...another aussie max.

Intelligent key would definitely be nice. I don't think i'll be trading in my 04 for a 07 though. The 04 still drives like new.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Risking
My first post I know, Im actually from sydney australia. The photos you guys have on page 3 of this thread is the maxima we are currently selling over here.
I bought one about 6 months ago we are calling them a J31.

They have the same VQ35 and a conventional auto transmission. There is no CVT in them like the Z50 murano yet.
From looking around your forum the inside is a fair bit different to your current Maxima.
They have intelligent keys like the murano and its brilliant.
Over here they have pretty much all the functions and gadgets you guys seem to have in your current model and we also have VDC which is also in the murano and 350Z.

This is the only shot I have hosted of it but I can give it a wash and a take a few better ones latter.

Brad.
Nice rides, welcome to the Org...
Old 02-05-2006, 06:42 PM

i was bored so i did a quick photoshop of what those spy shots might look like without all the tape.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Mass_Media™

Originally Posted by southeast_first

i was bored so i did a quick photoshop of what those spy shots might look like without all the tape.
....eh...still not going to like it. from what i heard they are going to keep the 35 which is going to be hard to compete with the v-8 300c and the 300hp avalon
Old 02-05-2006, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
.... from what i heard they are going to keep the 35 which is going to be hard to compete with the v-8 300c and the 300hp avalon
Given the high price for gasoline, I suspect that the VQ35 will be getting better mileage than the V8's do. That should keep it competitive for a few more years. Nissan will likely do something to the engine for Gen 7.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:34 PM

Southeast first - You did a good job with the photoshopping. I feel you are close to the mark.

Should the '07 look like what you have produced, I think I will like it a lot. I feel the front end as you have it is more attractive than the '04 thru '06, especially for the SE. It is a cleaner, sportier look.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:41 AM
2004 Smoke

CVT?

My dealership service manager recently went on a Nissan junket/training session.
He told me the 07 is definitely getting a CVT "option" to start, and will come out earlier in 06.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:12 PM

2004 Smoke - Your service mnager might be right. Nissan seems h-e-l-l-bent for leather to get the CVT in most of its fleet.

The reality is probably that the performance of the Maxima with the CVT will probably not be appreciably diminished.

But perhaps a greater reality is that Maxima owners are not your everyday group of drivers. Many vehicles are bought as transportation, for expediency, or for looks. Maximas, however, are often bought for performance, and possibly even more important, for their longtime image as being a very special sports sedan.

If Nissan goes the CVT route with the Maxima, I feel they are smart enough to know there ABSOLUTELY MUST also be a 5 or 6 speed tranny available. Otherwise, the Maxima becomes an alternative for a Buick LeSabre or Ford Crown Vic.

Its all in the image.

As to the early release of the '07 Maxima, that would be in keeping with the usual early release of any Maxima that has outwardly discernable differences from the previous year. Another reason for the early release would be to have two full years of the 'refaced' Maxima available before the probable spring of 2008 release of the 7th generation Maxima as a 2009.

I expect to see the '07 as early as this May; certainly no later than June.

But I have been wrong before.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned

CVT could possibly make the car even quicker and definately a heck of alot smoother...I can understand the logic of thinking not having a manual would drive away enthusiasts...but CVT verses 5sp auto...I dont think so.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
CVT could possibly make the car even quicker and definately a heck of alot smoother...I can understand the logic of thinking not having a manual would drive away enthusiasts...but CVT verses 5sp auto...I dont think so.
Ever driven a CVT? I have and I think it would make me crazy driving it everyday. It feels so unnatural to me, with the engine revs not matching the acceleration curve. Makes me think the transmission is slipping. Yeeeech.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

What motor was mated to it and what car? CVTs are new and you know they are ony going to keep getting better
Old 02-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Newbie just Registered

Ever driven a CVT? I have and I think it would make me crazy driving it everyday. It feels so unnatural to me, with the engine revs not matching the acceleration curve. Makes me think the transmission is slipping. Yeeeech.
Maybe it would be alright for the SL, but it won't feel as sporty for the SE.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:39 AM

It hadn't occurred to me until RHMax suggested the possibility, but it might be that Nissan actually may convert the SL to CVT while keeping the SE as a 5 speed auto, with 6 speed manual as an option. In some ways, that might make some sense.

More than that, I feel Nissan must up the 5 speed auto to a 6 speed auto. Even the '07 (ugh) Camry V6 will have a 6 speed automatic and 268 HP.

And in view of the '07 Camry having more HP than the 6th gen Maxima, I would be quite disappointed if Nissan did not give the '07 Maxima a token power boost. Either a 5 or 10 HP increase, though almost meaningless on the road, would look good on paper when folks are comparing cars.

I will be most interested to see what Nissan decides.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Newbie just Registered

6AT would improve the highway MPG w/o any other changes. The HP would be 280, I think, to keep w/ the Avalon.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:14 PM

What motor was mated to it and what car? CVTs are new and you know they are ony going to keep getting better
Well, it was the Murano (came close to getting one of those before I settled on the Max). And I know it has only 240hp, but that wasn't the issue. It was the feeling the engine and the transmission were singing from different pages of the songbook.

I am just so used to the idea that a car will rev through each gear, then shift to the next gear, that I can't handle the CVT concept. It just ain't natural.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Newbie just Registered

Well, it was the Murano (came close to getting one of those before I settled on the Max). And I know it has only 240hp, but that wasn't the issue. It was the feeling the engine and the transmission were singing from different pages of the songbook.

I am just so used to the idea that a car will rev through each gear, then shift to the next gear, that I can't handle the CVT concept. It just ain't natural.
+
Yeah, I drove the Audi A6 w/ CVT. Felt like driving a manual w/ sliping clutch.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 AM

Spring intro for '07 Maxima?

Okay, this has appeared in another thread, but not everybody reads everything, so I'm asking in this one -

Does anyone have any solid info on when the '07 Maxima will arrive in showrooms? I keep seeing rumors of a Spring (April or May) timeframe for both the '07 Maxima and the '07 Infiniti G35. The logic for the Maxima seems to be that it is being "freshened", and that Nissan intends to stimulate sales with an early introduction. Of course, Spring intros are nothing new to Nissan, so this could be legit.

But with as many members as we have here - and some of you actually work for Nissan - surely someone has some inside info on this (?)
Old 02-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The 2007 Max will probably have an early release: I am 99% sure these will be the changes, most of which of you already know about:
- LED tails
- New front and rear bumpers
- New foglights
- New grill (the grill actually looks like the 2007 nissan Quest grill shown here, http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=109245#1
but chromed.
- Totally redesigned interior with Intelligent Key (I really really hope they get rid of the tape deck and add aux input)
- 275-280 hp, the 2007 Altima will likely get a boost to compete with the Camry, and the Max will always just be 5 hp over any V6 Altima
- New Lip Spoiler
- New OEM wheels for both SE and SL

Those are the ones I would bet on, and the follwing 2 are wishful thinking:
-6 speed automatic
-opening skyview

Guess time will tell...
Old 02-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Z

Yeah, I'm waiting out. I think if the 2007s look as fugly as the spy shots suggest...then I'll scrap getting a 6th gen altogether. But, if it ends up looking nice, then I may get one.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by idnumber1
The 2007 Max will probably have an early release: I am 99% sure these will be the changes, most of which of you already know about:
- LED tails
- New foglights
- New grill (the grill actually looks like the 2007 nissan Quest grill shown here, http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=109245#1
but chromed.
- Totally redesigned interior with Intelligent Key (I really really hope they get rid of the tape deck and add aux input)
- 275-280 hp, the 2007 Altima will likely get a boost to compete with the Camry, and the Max will always just be 5 hp over any V6 Altima
- New Lip Spoiler

-6 speed automatic
-opening skyview

Guess time will tell...

Thanks, ID ... I hope these rumors are true, since I've pretty well decided to get another Max when my lease ends in a few months. If they come out a little early, I'll do an early termination of the lease and get one sooner, so I'm really interested in the timing of the release.

My '04 has been a joy for its 37,000 miles, and anything they do to make it nicer will just be a bonus.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If this new max is better im really considering trading in my 05, i dont expect much of a loss and probably a $20 increase in payment
Old 02-18-2006, 07:36 AM

if no one has seen..

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=108138#2
Old 02-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scriz

Sorry, had to do it.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:51 AM

I personally have viewed and seen that posted about 400 times.
Sorry, had to do it
Someone had to do it
Old 02-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Newbie just Registered

Sorry, had to do it.
I was waiting for Nismo...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:11 AM

What are the chances the Maxima will go rwd once the 6th gen is retired?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:17 PM

maxitech - Knowing nothing, I would be inclined to bet on AWD for the Maxima before RWD.

Nissan seems to have kept the general 'RWD=Infiniti; FWD= Nissan' separation with their sedans through several generations, and I would be somewhat surprised if they changed that.

But Nissan has surprised me before . . .
Old 02-21-2006, 08:07 PM

Hmm...You are probably right...The Maxi would be pretty sweet with AWD!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

MP3 Input?

Originally Posted by idnumber1
- LED tails
- New foglights
but chromed.
- New Lip Spoiler

-6 speed automatic
-opening skyview

Guess time will tell...
Any word on a possible MP3 input?
Old 02-25-2006, 08:11 AM

Found this link as I was searching for photos of the 2007 Max, I heard it is at the Cleveland Auto Show this week, I am going next Saturday so I will be taking my camera for lots of pics if its there.

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/...ton-149285.php

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enth...178.A8969.html

Quick Reply: Any more news on '07 Maxima?