6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

goodbye maxima, hello ridgeline.. am i doing the right thing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

goodbye maxima, hello ridgeline.. am i doing the right thing?

i'm planning to trade in my maxima for fully loaded 2006 honda ridgeline this weekend.. what do you guys think? i would love to buy the new titan, but i have to think about the gas prices these days. ridegeline has all the options except the hid highlights. i already got a price for RTL with NAVI for under 31K.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:52 PM
SHIFT_this

Originally Posted by akaxmrxhammer
i'm planning to trade in my maxima for fully loaded 2006 honda ridgeline this weekend.. what do you guys think? i would love to buy the new titan, but i have to think about the gas prices these days. ridegeline has all the options except the hid highlights. i already got a price for RTL with NAVI for under 31K.
Not that you care what I think, but I'd go wit the Titan over the Ridgeline. I think the Ridgeline looks like a Soft version of an Avalanche. Thats just on looks alone though. If the deal is right go for it.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:01 PM

i'm just worried about the gas prices.. plus, i think the ridgeline has better interior.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:05 PM
*moderator*

ewww, sorry but I personally just don't like the design of the ridgeline.
You could get a fully loaded Frontier for $30,000...

So does that mean you are going to miss the meet this weekend?
Old 01-23-2006, 05:11 PM

I personally dont like the ridgeline.. I think honda should stay with their cars...
Nissan Frontier has a better style and looks than the ridgeline.. you can get good option with the frontier under that ($30K).. But its really up to you...

you got a pretty nice lookin max.. if your parting some parts let me know..LOL
Old 01-23-2006, 05:15 PM

if everything goes right.. i'll be getting the truck this sat. jay.. is your front oem shocks for sale? i really don't want to give up the konis to the dealer. i rather hook up one of the org member... frontier?? big no no.. i really like the features on the ridegeline...
Old 01-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ewwwwww, is the right adjective, but i guess that is your money and your car you will be driving. Going from hotness to truck for fruits. Sorry bro just what i think of the thing. But good luck.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by belal242
ewwwwww, is the right adjective, but i guess that is your money and your car you will be driving. Going from hotness to truck for fruits. Sorry bro just what i think of the thing. But good luck.

lol, it's all good. that was my first reaction when i first saw it, but it has grown on me. it's like the 6gen when it first came out. people were doggin on it because it was unique. i'll make it nice and pretty and post pics later. maybe you'll change your mind.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:02 PM
*moderator*

if everything goes right.. i'll be getting the truck this sat. jay.. is your front oem shocks for sale? i really don't want to give up the konis to the dealer. i rather hook up one of the org member... frontier?? big no no.. i really like the features on the ridegeline...

No I'm going to keep them for later...sorry man!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 PM

im not in love with the ridgeline, but i am sure the interior is nicer than the titan. The titan is pretty bland, and the frontier looks cheap. Its honda though so you know you are getting a quality truck. I have a cr-v i keep for movin stuff and for the snow...and it is awesome in the snow..so I know honda has apretty good 4 wheel system. On another note..I wish i could trade the max and get one of the new lexus IS' or the 430..those cars are phat.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
No I'm going to keep them for later...sorry man!
haha... it's all good.. i should have waited for the coilovers... oh well. i guess the konis are staying in
Old 01-23-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by willysmooo
im not in love with the ridgeline, but i am sure the interior is nicer than the titan. The titan is pretty bland, and the frontier looks cheap. Its honda though so you know you are getting a quality truck. I have a cr-v i keep for movin stuff and for the snow...and it is awesome in the snow..so I know honda has apretty good 4 wheel system. On another note..I wish i could trade the max and get one of the new lexus IS' or the 430..those cars are phat.

i wanted to trade the max in for the gs300 awd, but i got bitten by a truck bug.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:16 PM
VIP Maxima

u are out of ur mind.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:25 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

AK,

what the hell are you thinking! go to sleep, the side effects of that weed you smoking will go away soon..
Old 01-23-2006, 06:35 PM

i know i know, but i really want this truck. i want to be able to drive without worrying about potholes and speed bumps. plus, i need a truck to haul my bike around...
Old 01-23-2006, 06:36 PM

Good luck with that Ridgeline, the car critics love it and it has won Motortrend's and North America's Truck of the Year. That says a lot. Maybe its not truckish in its looks like we have come to accept but its versatility, reliability and craftsmanship can not be critisized. It can also haul a family of 5 AND all the gear they could stuff in the bed. I think these Ridgelines look good.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128513

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2147865

But it ain't no PATHFINDER!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Good luck with that Ridgeline, the car critics love it and it has won Motortrend's and North America's Truck of the Year. That says a lot. Maybe its not truckish in its looks like we have come to accept but its versatility, reliability and craftsmanship can not be critisized. It can also haul a family of 5 AND all the gear they could stuff in the bed. I think these Ridgelines look good.

thank you... finally a positive feedback!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Im with the ppl who dont like the ridgeline...I do like the Pilot..they are more money though, and the gas thing would be a problem again. Get a civic if u wanna really save dough...either way you will get a more reliable car most likely. Sorry everyone but its true.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:29 PM

If gas prices are your primary concern, stay with your Nissan!!!

But if you want a full sized SUV, go Ford Explorer. No substitutes.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:15 PM

My buddy got a brand new Ridgeline, very nice vehicle. Build quality is excellent, ride quality is very nice. Lots of room in it and the storage in the bed is pretty cool. I think you will be happy with it and resale value will stand strong. Not a bad price with navi. Back in the states near my home base.....the dealers are not budging on prices, actually overcharging on them....hey, kinda like my Maxima when I got it in 04.

Whatever you do, make sure it is what you want and makes you happy. It is a pretty sharp looking truck. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:34 PM

thanx carcus. i think i'll be very pleased with this truck.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:00 PM

When the Ridgeline first came out I was thinking "come on people, if you want a real truck get a Titan"

The Ridgeline has defniitely grown on me though and it does seem like a good all around car. The maxima is nice but its a different type of car so you can't really compare. If you got bit by the bug truck, test drove it, and happy with everything then go for it.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Newbie just Registered

Ridgeline is a city-truck, like Explorer Sportrac. $.02.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 AM

IMHO, ridgeline if fugly... especially with wheels. some guy around here tried to fix one up and make it look nice, god that thing is hideous. I say definatly go with the four door frontier.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:01 AM

If you get the Ridgeline and then later trade it in, the reason won't be because of quality, luxury, dependability, mileage, practicality, technology, but performance. I say this because the Ridgeline excels in all those categories. But you knew that. It's not going to be a sports car (obviously). As long as your ok with that aspect, and your ok with the amount of cash going in or out, then I think your making the right choice.

More times than not, you can't go to wrong with Honda.

(My family also owns a Pilot...it's great).
Old 01-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Honda Ridgeline!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:26 AM

Don't give up your MAX for THAT!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:32 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

You've got to be f'ucking kidding me.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:04 PM
THIS IS...

Get a New Tacoma, Titan, Tundra or Frontier. I like Hondas but the Ridgeline is fugly. Its a nice concept though.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

I'm quite sure it is a reliable vehicle but it doesn't standout to me yet. It is a Honda though. I got bitten by the truck bug about six years ago and bought a fully loaded expedition. Then my truck bit me back when gas prices shot out the roof. If you like it buy it I'm quite sure the gas mileage is better than my truck was wtf I had a 30 gall. gas tank. I sold it and got a 95 max then got my 04 sl. The trend for me is getting away from gas guzzlers and keeping money in my pocket. I can say when I let my truck go it had 172,00 miles and was running strong when it sold. Good luck and enjoy it either way.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:49 AM

Wow that is a switch. But if it makes you happy, go for it brother.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:16 AM

Wow AK that is a big change from a sports sedan to a truck. The Honda is a good vehical but the interior is a little hokie to me but it is your money and you have to be happy. I bet that you will want your car back after a while. Good luck with your transition. By the way you wanna sell your wheels?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL

Car critics are Honduh nut riders!!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:18 AM

i say go for it. if its whta you want then its what you want. i traded my max in for my titan and couldent be happier. yeah the mileage dropped 6mpg but then again the max cant haul 2000 lbs or tow my boat weighing in at 7500lbs.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:50 AM

Me personally dont like trucks, so my 2 cents is worth nothing..lol
Old 01-25-2006, 05:57 PM

i know i'm going to miss my max, but like jeffs04se said.. my max can't haul my motorcycle around. plus, i've been wanting a truck for awhile. i can drive the ridgeline for few years and hop back into 7gen maxima when it comes out
Old 01-25-2006, 07:04 PM

i know i'm going to miss my max, but like jeffs04se said.. my max can't haul my motorcycle around. plus, i've been wanting a truck for awhile. i can drive the ridgeline for few years and hop back into 7gen maxima when it comes out
Actually, your Max can tow about 700 - 1000 lbs. Unless you have a Hog with a serious amount of chrome on it, you should be under max tow the weight!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:18 AM

I can't believe this thread got started. I've been looking at the Ridgeline for about 2 months now. I really didn't like the look at first either but it's gone on me alot. My wife bought a Pilot about 1 year ago and I love driving it. Honda really did a great job with ride quality on their trucks.

Anyway, I'm jealous because I really want a Ridgeline but I only owe $9000 on my '04 Max and I'd rather not assume the additional debt right now because I'm trying to build a bigger house.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The truck really is a complete package.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by 9Nails
If gas prices are your primary concern, stay with your Nissan!!!

But if you want a full sized SUV, go Ford Explorer. No substitutes.

A FORD EXPLORER, What the hell is wrong with you??? first off we are talking about a truck and second, the explorer is one of the worst SUV's, how about a pathfinder if you wanna go there. But back to the topic TITAN PLEASE. The titan is a freak of nature.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by belal242
A FORD EXPLORER, What the hell is wrong with you??? first off we are talking about a truck and second, the explorer is one of the worst SUV's, how about a pathfinder if you wanna go there. But back to the topic TITAN PLEASE. The titan is a freak of nature.
You might be surprised by this, but Ford makes an Explorer Sport Track with the same body style as the Ridgeline. You should take a test drive so you have a clue next time. As far as it being one of the worst SUV's, that's an opinion, and we all know what a**holes and opinions have in common.

Quick Reply: goodbye maxima, hello ridgeline.. am i doing the right thing?