6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Would you buy 07 max if it had better " items"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:23 PM

Would you buy 07 max if it had better " items"

I have an 06 max ( duh ), I was thinking I would buy an 07 max if it had color screen ( non navi ). Working blue tooth ( with CID ), The smart key and other things...

Am I stupid for giving up my max for an 2007 if they had those items?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:23 PM

Or if the color screen would work in my 06 , should i just buy that? hrmm
Old 01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
RVC
Donating Maxima.org Member

All those things would be nice...but I would not want to take a big loss on mine! But I don't think you're stupid for considering it.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 PM

Nah I dont think that would be enough to put myself in more of a poor financial situation.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by MAXIE06SE
I have an 06 max ( duh ), I was thinking I would buy an 07 max if it had color screen ( non navi ). Working blue tooth ( with CID ), The smart key and other things...

YES... Sorry, I normally get right to the point!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:55 PM

I have Navi in my '05. I wouldn't buy an '07 unless it had center mirror position memory, less torque steer, better turning radius, better looking grille, self locking doors, doors unlock when you pull the handle, DVD screens for rear passengers, radio stays powered on until you open the door to exit, more station memory on the radio, no "accept" lawyer screen on the navi, audio info screen, average fuel economy with each trip distance with a sort of pause option, side mirrors have an auto retract setting, and the homelink would turned off with the key.

That should be enough feature improvements to get me back in the dealership!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by 9Nails
I have Navi in my '05. I wouldn't buy an '07 unless it had center mirror position memory, less torque steer, better turning radius, better looking grille, self locking doors, doors unlock when you pull the handle, DVD screens for rear passengers, radio stays powered on until you open the door to exit, more station memory on the radio, no "accept" lawyer screen on the navi, audio info screen, average fuel economy with each trip distance with a sort of pause option, side mirrors have an auto retract setting, and the homelink would turned off with the key.

Yikes!! We'll see you back at the dealer's showroom shortly after never.
Sincerely,
Mr. Max Nissan
Old 01-25-2006, 08:41 PM

So why did you even buy the car? You had to like something about it. Im sorry but that list is a little too long for someone who really knows what he wants in a car.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by BLAXIMA2K4
So why did you even buy the car? You had to like something about it. Im sorry but that list is a little too long for someone who really knows what he wants in a car.
Likes? Power from the VQ engine, good MPG, dual-climate AC, Bose sound system, roomy interior, plenty of trunk space, comfortable seating, priced better than competitors, "Toosh toasters", steering wheel heater, good ride, sunroof, nice handling... It goes on.

My list of things that I'd like to change might be long, but I bought the exact car that I wanted to buy. And it's the car that I expect to own for 10 years at least. Sure, there's things that I would change but they don't take away the fact that this is the best car in its class on the market. IMHO.

The question was posed, would I buy an '07 if it had better features. Considering that I just bought my car 3 weeks ago, lets be real, my list would be long because my car is still very new to me. I'm going to want to see a serious reason why I would trade-in and go up-side-down on my value. I wouldn't go back simply for a color screen and blue tooth!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:04 AM

Likes? Power from the VQ engine, good MPG, dual-climate AC, Bose sound system, roomy interior, plenty of trunk space, comfortable seating, priced better than competitors, "Toosh toasters", steering wheel heater, good ride, sunroof, nice handling... It goes on.

My list of things that I'd like to change might be long, but I bought the exact car that I wanted to buy. And it's the car that I expect to own for 10 years at least. Sure, there's things that I would change but they don't take away the fact that this is the best car in its class on the market. IMHO.

The question was posed, would I buy an '07 if it had better features. Considering that I just bought my car 3 weeks ago, lets be real, my list would be long because my car is still very new to me. I'm going to want to see a serious reason why I would trade-in and go up-side-down on my value. I wouldn't go back simply for a color screen and blue tooth!

I agree with everything he said.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:09 AM

No, I would also need to see a HP increase as well as a possible AWD option. If not I will wait for the 7th Gen, I'm thinking the next one will be more of a 6.5 Gen. Not enough of an overhaul being done to consider it the next Gen, at least from what I've seen with regards to the pix circulating.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I agree with #11.
I would cut my lease short for;
Improved 0-60 / 0-100mph times - it just seems like the competition (V6 accord / 07 Camry / Mazda 6 v6 6spd / Avalon ) has pretty much closed the gap.
AWD as an affordable option
Sky view that opens opens like a sunroof
Standard VSC
A ?nicer looking dash
Old 01-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Trade for an 07... only if it flew...
Old 01-26-2006, 07:14 AM

Absolutely not. If the 07 has features you want that badly and you weren't concerned about the extra cost, why not? Go for it...
Old 01-26-2006, 02:26 PM
dla
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Only if you're just getting my ride back from the body shop!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 02:36 PM

Only if it got boosted in HP (285 would be nice ) and switched to a RWD platform.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:44 PM

No your not stupid unless you have paid it in full, it sux to get into a new contract..
Old 01-27-2006, 03:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I am currently waiting to see what they will do for the 07 Max. Have an itch for a new vehicle, but I have decided to wait to see what Nissan, Infiniti and the competition come up with for the 07 models. I would only consider a 07 Max if it has more power (at least 25hp) AWD option, and some nice new anemities. Will see if Nissan will deliver or not.