6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Redlinemax.com- New aggressive Hood

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by Apollos2
I'm kinda liking the look of this one:

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/prod...0453&c=129&l=2

or something similar. (even less dramatic). It would keep the lines and I don't think it would look to ricer.
IMO, Looks like the Camaro Z28 hood...
Old 01-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Damn J's Car looks sweet with that hood on!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally Posted by Majestic_MAx05
Damn J's Car looks sweet with that hood on!!!!!!!!
with which hood? scoop or no scoop?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:42 PM

I like the scoop or Bimmer hood.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:00 PM

I think you should consider a louvered vent on the drivers side right about where the tranny is (you know...where the turbo goes!!!)
Old 01-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Apollos2
I'm kinda liking the look of this one:

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/prod...0453&c=129&l=2

or something similar. (even less dramatic). It would keep the lines and I don't think it would look to ricer.
I like this one or the Bimmer in my earlier post. Something along those lines will look hot, not ricey. If its not too much trouble, offer one thats milder than the other to give folks a choice. Maybe one like the Bimmer, and then one like the Bimmer but without the scoops??
Old 01-26-2006, 05:58 PM

I am really feeling a hood like this. When I play those video games this is the only hood I put on the cars.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:53 PM

I like that hood . Who will photoshop on my car ?

Not to much flash ,just right.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:21 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by gtr_rider

A better shot for you all..

I like where this one is going (especially on my car!) But I think it needs a bit more built into it, not sure what but I prefer a cleaner look than big 'ol vents and stuff...
Old 01-27-2006, 03:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i like that hood ,but in fiberglass
Originally Posted by eLMo
I am really feeling a hood like this. When I play those video games this is the only hood I put on the cars.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:42 AM

well most of you already know that i am all for carbon fiber. but i will definatly need a trunk also. but this has been disscussed alot befor.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I like where this one is going (especially on my car!) But I think it needs a bit more built into it, not sure what but I prefer a cleaner look than big 'ol vents and stuff...
I agree...we need something with a clean look. The Max just really doesnt look right with vents and crap.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=Redmax]Ok A will post up later some hood ideas that we have for a new hood for the 6th gen. These hoods will be available in either carbon fiber or fiberglass, whichever you prefer. Please post if you had a new hood would you want it in either carbon or fiberglass and also what enhancements you would like to see in the hood to make it more aggressive[/QUOTE finally someone is goin to make ahood for maximas 6gen. Doesn't matter to me as long as there is one available, but prefer carbon, question I have a majastic blue is blue carbon hard to make than the usual black carbon. Please pm me
Old 01-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Boosted Panda

These arent bad looking hoods in my opinion...

But Im kind of a ricer....
Old 01-27-2006, 11:00 PM

I think those vent hoods look like straight butt-crack but thats just me..
Old 01-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

here is one, i just registered at putfile, so i hope this work... I think it looks kick azz.. needs to be tweaked, but i hope you understand my design concept...

Forgive me i used microsoft paint... at work.. ARG!!

I was think on the raised hood part you can put 3 vents near the rear, for heat extractors.. small vents, sloted... Hood slopes up from front to back... The front actually covers up part of the headlights, which gives it a mean look, that looks really good with that kit... It could have some rubber, or something to protect the light from scratches... Or designed so it will not hurt the headlights, i know this can be done.. ill leave that to the pro's///..

LAter.. hope you like...
Old 01-28-2006, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
here is one, i just registered at putfile, so i hope this work... I think it looks kick azz.. needs to be tweaked, but i hope you understand my design concept...

I was think on the raised hood part you can put 3 vents near the rear, for heat extractors.. small vents, sloted... Hood slopes up from front to back... The front actually covers up part of the headlights, which gives it a mean look, that looks really good with that kit... It could have some rubber, or something to protect the light from scratches... Or designed so it will not hurt the headlights, i know this can be done.. ill leave that to the pro's///..

LAter.. hope you like...

i agree, thats a real good paintchop, but i like that idea the most. it looks really mean and aggressive.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:48 AM

Thanks...

Or this one, with a body kit concept that i had been working on with photoshop. THIS ONE IS WITH MS Paint, so please excuse the crudeness..

Old 01-28-2006, 10:10 AM

hello again guys.. hey ghots nice pictures look really nice hehehe how much it will cost??
Old 01-28-2006, 10:36 AM

LAter.. hope you like...
I thought of the hood extension over hte headlights, but my thought was that some people will complain that it may damage their headlights and also some will say that it isnt fitting properly due to that extension. All in all great idea there, and I would push the hood extension all day.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:57 PM

My first attempt, ever, so hold your FIRE!!!!

The hood would go straight across the top of the grill and not go up and around it. I like the idea of covering the corners of the lights with the hood. The new grill will be skinnier than the origional and a lower grill to hold fogs. The license plate holder will move down and not mess up the lines of the bumper area. I like it simple and not all vented up, etc, unless the whole package of the car was done to make it like an M version of a BMW with wheel flares, etc.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:07 PM

I like the second design by gtr_rider, but maybe you could have the center of the hood raised instead of just having a lip... It would look great with my grille. Maybe something like this

but just one hump, more "squared" at the edges, and including the gtr_rider lines.

Oh and you know what, no hood over the headlights please.That will never fit right.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wakkus_Maximus
I like the second design by gtr_rider, but maybe you could have the center of the hood raised instead of just having a lip... It would look great with my grille. Maybe something like this

but just one hump, more "squared" at the edges, and including the gtr_rider lines.

Oh and you know what, no hood over the headlights please.That will never fit right.
I like this one but with only the large hump and eliminate the little one. And have it go straight across between the lights. And I like the bumper too. Can we get one like this for the Max, please.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:40 PM

I don't even know why Im posting on this thread, surely nobody is gonna ship a hood down here to Puerto Rico....
Old 01-28-2006, 03:47 PM

I'd take one if the lines are right and it doesn't look to ricey. I like the first one, but it is rather plain and too close to OEM.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:31 PM

would blue carbon fiber be hard to make my car is majestic blue
Old 01-28-2006, 05:07 PM

As for the hood covering the lights.. I really think this can be done. If you actually go out and look at your headlights, and the hood closed you can see there is a bit of a lift to the hood. You could mold it from the original hood, but put like 1-10cm of a lift off of your headlights, and tht is where you can put some kind of rubber/cusion to go underneath the hood to keep from scratching it.. But if the hood is closed tightly (like it should be) you most likely will not have problems there any ways. IT would take some serious vibrations to hurt the headlight. Its a very SMALL area to cover.. Just go out and take a good look at it with your own eyes and you will see what i am talking about.

I really think this is a great idea, and a MEAN looking design.. Not tha i am trying to push my design above others. but it is just a concept to be tweaked. Criticism is welcome, and encouraged so we can work out what we all think is best for our rides.. Hey, it might be one out of many to be developed, so take a shot... ANYTHING to get us some more publicity for our rides, and hopefully the aftermarket will realize that we are ALIVE and WELL prepared to spend major $$$ for the mods.. I mean come on, its a 30,000 dollar car not a civic.. LOL..:

Me going wild...

lol
Old 01-29-2006, 12:07 PM

I love that look jejeje really niceeeee ________________ 2004 Winter Frost MAXIMA SE
Old 01-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Thanks for your input Guys, I have a new Idea as well that Chris and I talked over this weekend at the DC car show. I will have luke work on the image by tomorrow and see what we can come up with. Maxima -GHost, for the record, I do like your idea.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Boosted Panda

Thats a bit much, either go with the stripes on the hood, or the stripe on the side but both together is overkill.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7

Thats a bit much, either go with the stripes on the hood, or the stripe on the side but both together is overkill.

yeah sorry, again it was with MS Paint, a really cheap chop of what i was doing... just posted it as a Crazy idea. I would have taken of the side stripes, but didnt have the time..

-------------

Thanks Redmax.. I have a few ideas i wanna pop your way... I have had a hard time getting 'time' to work with photoshop, due to my increasing school work.. But i will try and send you some samples of hoods, and body kits that i have worked up... and for the record as well, i would really like to see a hood that covers up that area in our headlights. The more i look at it, the more i think it looks BADAZZ!!! Again, thanks for your time and consideration.. Later..
Old 01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

yeah sorry, again it was with MS Paint, a really cheap chop of what i was doing... just posted it as a Crazy idea. I would have taken of the side stripes, but didnt have the time..

-------------

Thanks Redmax.. I have a few ideas i wanna pop your way... I have had a hard time getting 'time' to work with photoshop, due to my increasing school work.. But i will try and send you some samples of hoods, and body kits that i have worked up... and for the record as well, i would really like to see a hood that covers up that area in our headlights. The more i look at it, the more i think it looks BADAZZ!!! Again, thanks for your time and consideration.. Later..

Great work, keep the center strip, loose the side ones...
Old 01-29-2006, 11:37 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by Wakkus_Maximus
I don't even know why Im posting on this thread, surely nobody is gonna ship a hood down here to Puerto Rico....
Why not? They shipped your other parts down there. It might cost a little more for shipping.

Warren
Old 01-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Banned

Id put a CF hood on my black car, I don't want to deal with painting it and I like how CF looks...it might look ricey on a non black max..
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 AM

HOw about just a plain carbon fiber. Same style as the OEM. Something simple and not to fancy.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Id put a CF hood on my black car, I don't want to deal with painting it and I like how CF looks...it might look ricey on a non black max..
This statement is . Why would it look any different on another color, it would be the SAME hood your talking about puting on your car.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:05 PM

How's this people..
Old 01-30-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by gtr_rider
How's this people..
I LIKE THAT HOOD bUT IN CARBON FIBER.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:20 PM
SuPeRmOd

^^^ that's a lot cleaner than the rest. love the lines!!
we don't have to have vents, i just liked the reverse scoop one.

If they're functional go for it.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:08 PM
GrandPa

Looking good.

Quick Reply: Redlinemax.com- New aggressive Hood