6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Max got side-swiped on Interstate

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 AM

Max got side-swiped on Interstate

Well, I'm not in the greatest mood this morning. I was on the Interstate and an 18 wheeler pull right over on me. He hit my passenger side with his rear tires. The front door and front fender definetely need to be replaced.

What's crazy is the guy hit me and kept going. So I followed him and called the police while I was following him. Once I gave the police truck tag # they told me to pull over and they would get the truck later. So I drove up to the truck's driver side door to get the driver's attention. As soon as he looked at my car he pulled over. His first words were "I didn't see you back there". What an idiot...he says he didn't see me back there but yet 5 miles from the accident I pull next to him and he just decides to pull over.

This car has been such bad luck for me. Let's take a look at my great experiences:

1. Had the car 2 months when I was parked at a camp site and some huge walnuts flew out of the tree's and put three huge dents in the car...two of them on the pillar post.

2. Six months later I was driving on the interstate and there was a 4X8 piece of drywall laying on the road. An 18 wheeler drove over the drywall and the drywall stood up right in front of me as I drove THROUGH it.

3. 10 months later I had a deer come through my driver side window and cause $4500 damage.

4. Now I've been side swiped.

Anyone looking for a used '04 Max???
Old 02-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

LOL! ouch man...i'm so sorry, i don't mean to laugh but what can i say...you are quite an unlucky guy..

Old 02-06-2006, 08:30 AM

Hey buddy im right there with you; shortly after purchasing my Max I guy reading a magazine rear ends me. Then two months ago a deer decides to run into the drivers side of the car, damaging all the panels on that side ($3000.00)(thank god it didnt go through the window). A week later driving to work in the middle of a snow storm my car slid down a hill and into a wall ($1500.00). I am hoping my misfortune has ended.

But the whole 18 wheeler deal sounds freakin scary, sometimes those things tend to travel into the other lanes. Hope your car gets fixed right up.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:31 AM

Holy Cr@p, I think you have a bad luck car. Get rid of it and get another one before something REALLY bad happens. BTW number two would have been interesting to see as a bystander... and
Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 AM

Sorry about your luck . I had the same thing happen to me on the interstate in NC. However, when I got the truckers attention on the CB he did not want to pull over. After a few miles he did and he called the police. The was paint from my truck all over his trailer. His trucking company wanted to give me a check at first, but when they saw my estimate 6K plus they turned it over to their insurance company. The strange thing was shen I tried to get a copy of the accident report through the mail, no report was filed by the trooper.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:43 AM

Wow! At least you didn't get crushed! Could've been worse.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Banned

I like the drywall story!!

Sorry man, I hope this sorta luck dosent follow you to work and at home!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Banned

What was the movie where the deer was in the car kicking out the windows, I think it was tommy boy? Anyway, was it anything like that? I think you should get a bulletproof package on your next vehicle.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:34 AM

In your defense and the truckers (I am one), I feel for you regarding your max...All of that is just wrong! Even though my husband and I drive, I am glad you caught him. I have unfortunately, heard of them running. I'm glad you had him pay for it.

That said, We literally cannot feel it when we hit someone. My husband and I were side swiped by another trucker and someone had to tell us what had happened. We didn't feel a thing. Let's say he knew he hit you: 1). he can't outrun you so he might as well pull over.....2). he sincerely may not have known. 3). EVERYONE has cell phones these days, so even if he could outrun you, he knows you can call him in. No point in running. (especially from a max).

Next time, do the same thing, stay with him even if they tell you to pull over. A lot of these little trucking firms don't have insurance or legal drivers. I don't care what officers say I follow the other driver.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Oh, I sure feel for you (see thread entitled "It's a sad say for the Max"). I had my second accident in 4 months the other day (neither my fault). I got the whole passenger side side-swiped and now rear-ended. It really sucks, doesn't it. I'm still pissed, so I definitely know how you are feeling.

Mine goes in to get fixed tomorrow, and hopefully, they do it right.

Jane
Old 02-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Newbie just Registered

I'd sacrifice a chicken or two. Glad you aren't hurt in all incidents.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:48 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Glad you are okay. Thats's more important. I was almost ran off the road by a tractor trailer on a trip to myrtle beach. It scared the crap out of me and he never even knew I was beside him. I was trying to get out of his blind spot. Good luck getting your car fixed. I see you have enough bad luck already.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:44 PM

Holy crap, man.. Glad you are ok..sorry to hear about your car.. Kinda gives a new meaning to your screenname, 4dr SLEEPER...
Hope you get it all worked out bro..
Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM

odds are the trucker did not know he hit you, most are good people that just get fed up with idiots cutting them off, my friend drove over a double parked corvette and he said he felt nothing, car was illegally parked and the owner was just gonna leave it their for a minute
Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

That su%cks man, can you warn us when your on the road next time though...
Old 02-06-2006, 09:58 PM

as much as I hate to say this....it sounds like the maxima isnt the car for you lol....def bad luck. sorry dood, at least you can talk about it though.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:45 PM

I try to stay completely away from semis. Even if they 'see' you, that does not prevent their big tires from picking up stones or metal objects and hurling them at your car. Or from even lifting boards or plywood or gypsumboard for you to impale yourself on.

And if you think one of those 'alligators' (big tread that pops off a retreaded truck tire) cannot go through your windshield when you are traveling at freeway speeds, you are wrong.

I stay back, and in a lane as far from the truck as possible (if there is more than one lane), until I see a chance to get by quickly. And I then get by as quickly as possible.

Truck drivers are not bad folks. But semis mixed with regular vehicles is a very dangerous mix.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I like the drywall story!!

Sorry man, I hope this sorta luck dosent follow you to work and at home!
When I read that sounded like it came from a movie lolol. I just pictured all the drywall flying around when he hit in slow motion.

Sorry for your luck man my dad had the same luck with a Mitsubishi he had.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:49 AM

The truck driver said he never saw me which I would normally believe. However, he gave himself away with this one.

I followed the truck for 5 miles after he hit me. Then I pulled up next to him to try and get his attention. Before I even got a look at him he started to pull over. As soon as he got out of the truck he said "I didn't see you back there". Well, let's think about that for a second. If he never saw me then why did he just pull over when I got next to him? If he never saw me then he had no idea what my car looked like either. Does he just pull over every time a damaged car pulls up next to him?

I'm not bashing truck drivers by any means...but I think this guy was an idiot.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:02 AM
.org extraordinaire

What! Pics!!!

Originally Posted by logik05se
as much as I hate to say this....it sounds like the maxima isnt the car for you lol....def bad luck. sorry dood, at least you can talk about it though.
y waste server space on this thread if you dont post any pics. ! ?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Not for rookies!!

Could have been worse, glad to hear that you are ok.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
y waste server space on this thread if you dont post any pics. ! ?
No, "U" waste server space by quoting the same crap... if someone has an accident .. why is it so important to have pics????????
Old 02-09-2006, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by tubells
< snip > .. why is it so important to have pics????????
Same reason why they turned good books into a movie. Words are interesting. But looking at stuff and not using your imagination is better.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
That su%cks man, can you warn us when your on the road next time though...
I second that Chernmax. Doesn't seem like the auto gods are happy with him or his max.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by 9Nails
But looking at stuff and not using your imagination is better.
Are u 12??
Old 02-12-2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by bikerbeng
I second that Chernmax. Doesn't seem like the auto gods are happy with him or his max.
I could think of a lot of things I'd like to be a part of in life; accident prone drivers is not one of them...

A person either sucks at driving or has bad luck, I can’t distinguish the difference...
Old 02-14-2006, 04:27 PM

I totally feel this thread......... i just got my max last week .... it still has the freakin paper plates on it and I hit a piece of wood going at about 80...... luckily it was not that big and i swerved enough to only have it clip my right front end...... but now everytime i look at her ....... it just isnt the same....... :| oh well i guess its more the reason to find the lip kit that i have been wanting ........ by the way......... anyone know of a good lip kit other than the stillen one offered? thanks
Old 02-14-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by y0_nate
I totally feel this thread......... i just got my max last week .... it still has the freakin paper plates on it and I hit a piece of wood going at about 80...... luckily it was not that big and i swerved enough to only have it clip my right front end...... but now everytime i look at her ....... it just isnt the same....... :| oh well i guess its more the reason to find the lip kit that i have been wanting ........ by the way......... anyone know of a good lip kit other than the stillen one offered? thanks
Go for the RedLineMax new front bumper: http://www.redlinemax.com

Check out Jay's web site as to how slamin it looks...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/464988