6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Made it to the big leagues!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:19 PM
MadMax in The City

Made it to the big leagues!

finally got my 6th...swet ride. Love everything about it except for the big wheel gap. Any suggestion on correcting that without loosing too much of my ride comfort. The other thing too is I'm concerned about doing anthing that would void the suspension warrenty.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 09:51 PM

Welcome to the 6th gen family! I, too, have serious wheel gap. I don't see myself getting rid of it too soon, steep driveway you know? Can't help you with suspension, but there are others here that are able to. Enjoy your baby!
Old 02-20-2006, 10:18 PM

Welcome!

A lot of members are going with springs from Eibach and Progress/Cattman
Here's a recent thread on it:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=454858

There are other companies out there who make springs for our cars as well but those 2 seem to be the most popular.

You can go with coilovers but they're more expensive. KSport, D2, Tein make coilovers for our cars.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jamaxin97
finally got my 6th...swet ride. Love everything about it except for the big wheel gap. Any suggestion on correcting that without loosing too much of my ride comfort. The other thing too is I'm concerned about doing anthing that would void the suspension warrenty.

Thanks

Welcome to the .org!! First off here is a link to answer any questions you have about warrenties. This is LAW, and is FACT! http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

Also, i went with the Progress first, but realized that if i want to change out my struts and shocks too, i would spend close to what i would pay for in Coil's. So recently i traded off my NEW Progress springs for the K-Sport-NEW for a great deal. There is a Group Deal right now on both in the Group Deal Section. If you go there you can find great deals on what you are looking for. Good luck, and feel free to ask any of us for help. Good sources are DeusExMaxima, NismoMax, Tek_Niq, and alot of others..

Take Care.. and see you on the board...
Old 02-21-2006, 04:23 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

you touch anything on the suspension you will void the warranty, I know..

welcome..
Old 02-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

even if ur struts go out, they are cheap, even from the stealership
Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 AM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by MAXIMA-GHOST
Welcome to the .org!! First off here is a link to answer any questions you have about warrenties. This is LAW, and is FACT! http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

Also, i went with the Progress first, but realized that if i want to change out my struts and shocks too, i would spend close to what i would pay for in Coil's. So recently i traded off my NEW Progress springs for the K-Sport-NEW for a great deal. There is a Group Deal right now on both in the Group Deal Section. If you go there you can find great deals on what you are looking for. Good luck, and feel free to ask any of us for help. Good sources are DeusExMaxima, NismoMax, Tek_Niq, and alot of others..

Take Care.. and see you on the board...
Thanks MAXIMA-GHOST for the info on the warrenty, I'm gonna look into it a little deeper. By the way, when you had on the Progressive how was the in the sense of harshness and control? How's the ride with the coilovers? I'm hoping to improve the ride not make it any harsher than it already is.

Thanks for your help man!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:25 AM
MadMax in The City

I want ot thank everyone for their input...they were all helpful. Looking forward to a long term membership with this gen, well then again it all depends on wht the the 7th gen looks like...know what I mean?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:28 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Thanks MAXIMA-GHOST for the info on the warrenty, I'm gonna look into it a little deeper. By the way, when you had on the Progressive how was the in the sense of harshness and control? How's the ride with the coilovers? I'm hoping to improve the ride not make it any harsher than it already is.

Thanks for your help man!
coils are probably not what you want then. the bumps are kinda hard, and coils are in the harder side of firm. not a bad ride, but by what you said is not for you.

the swaybar is a big improvement running a stock set up, specially around corners..
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16 PM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
coils are probably not what you want then. the bumps are kinda hard, and coils are in the harder side of firm. not a bad ride, but by what you said is not for you.

the swaybar is a big improvement running a stock set up, specially around corners..
Good lookin out Tek-Niq. I'm going to look into doing the progressive with sway bars upgrade.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Newbie just Registered

Good lookin out Tek-Niq. I'm going to look into doing the progressive with sway bars upgrade.
Progress(?) springs and RSB is a great combo, RSB in particular really changes the car's handling. Congrats on your car and welcome to 6th gen.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 AM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by RHMax
Progress(?) springs and RSB is a great combo, RSB in particular really changes the car's handling. Congrats on your car and welcome to 6th gen.
Thanks RHMax! I didn't realize what I was missing...to think I was looking into buying a Acura TL instead. Money well spent...I'm happy.