6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How serious is this??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 07:46 AM
SHIFT_this

How serious is this??

I know it has been lightly discussed here before, but I getting fed up wit this stick clutch issue. Last night after about an Hr of driving around in downtown San Antonio, I first noticed my clutch once again had lost its tension about half way down when I pushed on it. I knew more porblems where coming. I couldn't really just stop cause I had to pick someone up from the airport. But any after 15 more mins of driving the the clutch wouldn't even come back up. I would have to stick my foot under it to bring it back. On top of that It became almost impossible to shift in to gear. I had to stop at a light and when it was time to go I could't even shift into 1st. I felt like I was bending the shifter so I tried 2nd and managed to get in that that gear with a lil force. Eventually I had to stop plus get gas and after that 5min pit stop it was back to normal. Its starting to happen more frequent and it quite annoying. I think of just letting this Max go. My thing is I don't really have time to let the dealership barrow my car for a few day to check the issue.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have had the same problem. It has happened only twice. I have no theories as to the problem
Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 AM

Seriously man, take it to the dealer. Would you rather not have the car for a day or two, or being walking?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:58 AM
SHIFT_this

Originally Posted by lclrod
Seriously man, take it to the dealer. Would you rather not have the car for a day or two, or being walking?
You know I have taken it in once and they told me they didn't find anything wrong with it. So thats why I'm not really wanting to rush it in there. Its never doing this when I take it in. I thought someone had diagnosed it and I was going to print the thread and let them read the issue and what was said but I got nothing cause not to many people have the issue and the few that do are as clueless as me.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:01 PM

Hmm sounds pretty strange. May be air in the hydraulic line? If there is another dealer within a reasonable distance maybe you can try taking it to them. Try driving it for an hour before hand so it is duplicating the issue you have with the clutch when you get there. Otherwise it may be difficult for them to diagnose it.

CM
Old 03-26-2006, 01:46 PM

yeah what he said
Old 03-26-2006, 02:46 PM
SHIFT_this

Well I guess thats the only choice I have other than a trade-in. I 'll just have to get up real early and try to duplicate the driving situtation to bring the problem about again and head straight to Nissan and leave the car running so they can jump in a drive to see what I'm referring to. Then they can have it for two or three days. Just my luck it won't do it.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ryals
Well I guess thats the only choice I have other than a trade-in.
Just make sure you trade it in for a vehicle that never needs maintaince or upkeep in anyway and is gaurenteed to never give you a moments frustration. And then please tell us what car it is so we can all get one.

CM
Old 03-27-2006, 06:41 AM
SHIFT_this

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
Just make sure you trade it in for a vehicle that never needs maintaince or upkeep in anyway and is gaurenteed to never give you a moments frustration. And then please tell us what car it is so we can all get one.

CM
The trade in will probably be just an 06 Max AT or maybe a 350
Old 03-27-2006, 09:20 AM

i have noticed that when you leave the car running and in neutral for a little while i can replicate the issue try that. i think it might be air in the lines or something.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
SHIFT_this

Originally Posted by maxmale
i have noticed that when you leave the car running and in neutral for a little while i can replicate the issue try that. i think it might be air in the lines or something.
Thanks Maxmale, I'll give that a try this weekend. I assume this has happened to you before?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:19 PM

I'm no expert, but brake fluid can vaporize under alot of heat and pressure (vapor lock) It happened to me once in a ford. If it's happening after a while of driving, maybe the lines are heating up too much and the fluid needs to be flushed.

PS...CM:

"Holy F&^% I have a sweet car!" - Me

I had the same epiphany just this last weekend
Old 03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
SHIFT_this

Well I came to the decision to let the car go but the day I decided too, I found out from work that I'll be taken a 4 month trip. Those in the Military know what I'm talking about. So I'll guess it'll hang around til I return.