6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2007 Nissan Maxima (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Harry,

Put your cd player on mix and then manually hit the forward button to skip to the next song. it SHOULD go to a random song like every other cd player in the nissan family. instead it goes to the next song in order on the disk (ie instead of going from song 2 to song , say, 30 when you hit forward, it goes right to song 3)
Old 11-07-2006, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by srudoff
Harry,

Put your cd player on mix and then manually hit the forward button to skip to the next song. it SHOULD go to a random song like every other cd player in the nissan family. instead it goes to the next song in order on the disk (ie instead of going from song 2 to song , say, 30 when you hit forward, it goes right to song 3)
Oh, THAT! Yes, I've experienced that, but figured it was a "feature" and not a "design flaw."

I know it's a bit of a copout to say that I rarely use that function anyway, but it's true. Obviously, you use it and would like it to work the way you expect it to.

Let us know if you find an answer.

Harry
Old 11-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

tinted all around with da windshiel
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 AM

^^^^^ Nice ride! Good luck with it.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:40 PM

anyone seen a 6thgen maxima with tha spoiler lookin like the ones stock supras have?
Old 11-12-2006, 10:01 PM

Oh Boy......... on!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

one more problem

does anybody have a wiper blade from driver side problem? it's squeak and shaking when is it raining. i had the same problem with my previous maxima 2001 and i tried to change it 2 times and it did not help, so i guess this is a common maxima problem.

any way to fix it?
------------------------

lightonthehill i do no have the "setting" button so i can't change the personal settings, like it says on sticky manual

any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:50 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by bell
one more problem

does anybody have a wiper blade from driver side problem? it's squeak and shaking when is it raining. i had the same problem with my previous maxima 2001 and i tried to change it 2 times and it did not help, so i guess this is a common maxima problem.

any way to fix it?
------------------------

lightonthehill i do no have the "setting" button so i can't change the personal settings, like it says on sticky manual

any ideas?

Thanks.
Since you have changed the blade, I would suspect that the wiper arm may be either:
  • Twisted (making the blade "push" too hard in one direction or the other)
  • Bent (making the blade pressure uneven along its length)
  • Incorrect spring pressure (too much or too little pressure)

Regarding the settings, I have played with mine and also read the manual several times... there are several settings that there appears to be no way to "user" adjust without NAV.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:23 PM

Congrats on the Silver Max bakilibdmf. It looks absolutely beautiful! I did notice that your left exhaust muffler is hanging a bit lower than the right muffler though. I guess Nissan wanted to make the Maxima very "manly" LoL!

It looks so mean in silver. I plan to get mine with a silver exterior and frost interior. I am tired of the simmer and sautee black interior of my I35 on hot days. I can't wait to get my hands on that new Max. I absolutely love it!

Here is a question for you 2007 Max drivers. When you guys signal for a turn at night does the turning lamp get somewhat cancelled out by the projector headlight? I saw an '07 max making a turn one night and I noticed that no light was coming from the side of it. When I make a turn in my I35 at night the whole side I am about to turn to is lit up quite nicely.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:45 PM

bell - I will play with my screen the next day or so and see what I can find.

InfiNissanLover - The cornering lights on the '07 have been moved to the main headlight assembly (in conjunction with moving the fogs down from the main assembly to the bottom of the bumper).

So you won't see the cornering lights by looking at the car. The driver inside the car should, however, when the turn signal is turned on at night, see things lighted up somewhat along the front side toward which he is turning.

We need an '07 owner to tell us if they find the '07 cornering lights effective.

Being higher up, they probably don't light up the ground as well as the '04-'06. But they might be more effective at lighting up mail boxes, people, etc, that are several feet above the ground.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i have the same problem (wiper blades) with my new maxima 07. nobody else have it? may be it is the orange windshield liquid i'm using?

lightonthehill
- thanks. i'm going to wait but i do not think it is possible
Old 11-15-2006, 11:27 AM

On my '07, no problem with squeaky or noisy wipers. They're smooth as silk.

As for the cornering lights, they work well, just like the cornering lights on my old '89 Maxima, lighting up what I need to see in that direction. I missed that feature on the 5th gen Max's and am glad to have it back on the '07.

Harry
Old 11-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks...i mine when i am making a urn the sides are fullylitted...
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 PM

definitely a nice looking car!!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:24 PM

Hello, I'm new here...

I'm an owner of the New 2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE (Black W/Leather & Sunroof Package).

I love the car. It's an amazing car, both in the performance and the looks deparment.

It's all stock for now but i'm looking to mod it.

Since i'm new, i can't start a thread but i really am looking to mod the car. Unfortunately, i can't afford the rims as of yet. I'm not planning to change the audio system as the Bose sounds amazing in my car. I really like the grille as well so that's out as well. Here's some mods i'm looking to do:

1) Tints
2) Window Visors (OEM from Nissan)
3) Pedals
4) Underbody kit (Orange to match the factory color or 7-Colors)
5) Interior Leds (Orange)
6) Xenon Fog Lamps

Can someone suggest websites - i tried looking on ebay, i can't find much. Any more ideas would be appreciated. Thank You.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

does anybody know how to turn on heat without AC? and I noticed that sometimes after a while AC turns ON in 20F with heat on.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
dot dot dot ...

Anyone have engine bay pics?

IM looks plastic ...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Anyone have engine bay pics?

IM looks plastic ...
the new alti is has a plastic IM

easily modable FT??
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by bell
does anybody know how to turn on heat without AC? and I noticed that sometimes after a while AC turns ON in 20F with heat on.
The '07 climate control just loves to put on the front defroster, and doing so automatically turns on the A/C.

To defeat it, you have to do these things: First, turn off the front defroster by tapping that control, and then turn off the A/C by hitting A/C OFF.

[edit - I'm changing this as I got it wrong from memory. Using the system later that day, I figured it out.]
Press Mode to put the system in manual mode, all except the fan speed. At this point, the only thing still automatic is the fan speed, but the A/C will not come on. Select via the MODE button which vents you want the air to flow from. If you cycle through "defroster", though, you'll turn the A/C back on. Turn it off again by pressing the A/C button. If you use the up and down fan speed buttons, then even that will be in manula mode, and nothing will be automatic. But the trigger for the AC is that front window defroster.

I seem to recall in older Max's with climate control, there was an ECON button that preventid A/C from coming on. The owner's manual states that leaving it in Full Auto with A/C is not a problem, and it's probably more efficient anyway. And the windows will never fog up that way. Still it seems *wrong* to have A/C on when it's below freezing outside.

According to the owner's manual, when it's below 23 F outside, the A/C won't come on automatically.

Harry
Old 12-09-2006, 01:42 AM

There are many cars these days that have the AC automatically come on when running the heater. It isn't on to 'cool' the air; it is on to remove the humidity, which makes for much less fog on the inside of the windows. It in no way keeps the heater from heating the car to whatever temp one wishes.

In the old days, having the AC on was a big deal, and lowered the mpg. In today's upscale cars, it is almost expected that the AC will be on most of the time, most of the year. It is just part of the overall climate control system year-round. And the compressors of today have very little effect on mpg.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:24 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by HGN2001
I seem to recall in older Max's with climate control, there was an ECON button that preventid A/C from coming on.
Harry
Seems to me that the "A/C" button is the functional equivalent to the "ECON" button, just with the lamp logic reversed and a different name printed on the button.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by jcalabria
Seems to me that the "A/C" button is the exact same thing as the "ECON" button, just with the idiot lamp logic reversed.
True. But on the older Max's, when ECON was "on", did the defroster turn the A/C on? I forget.

Harry
Old 12-09-2006, 05:36 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by HGN2001
True. But on the older Max's, when ECON was "on", did the defroster turn the A/C on? I forget.

Harry

I think it did... best I can remember you couldn't ever have defrosters on without compressor. My son will be back in Charlotte for the Panthers' game tomorrow (damn... Giants vs Panthers... such a dilemna for me!) and I'll check it out on the '96.