6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Gonna Represent

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:27 AM

hey Kenny get the Avn 6600 instead of the 5500. I have the 5500 and I am switching to the 6600 the end of this week. The 6600 has dual DVD slots and can due dual play with out switcher.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by gec
Definately a bling bling show --- I actually have access to the guys to do lambo doors...right down the street from me...problem is I wouldn't be able to park it in my garage anymore...and that would be an issue....
I was at the Performance and Style auto show at Carlisle a few weeks ago and was talking to a guy about the lambo door mod he had on his 350Z. He had a direct bolt on kit, and they opened like regular doors! But when you wanted to show them off, you just opened them like regular, and then pushed them up lambo style and the gas struts held them in place! so you could still open your doors in your garage! I thought that style was great to use on a daily basis, he said the kit runs about a grand per side? Or a grand for both sides?? Dont remember. I have the guys card if you want his info?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:20 AM

You car looks sick so far. I think you should definitely paint the engine cover with some kind of rad design. As far as a theme, not too sure about that. I'll let you know if I think of something. Chern & Ramberg's engine covers look hot.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
gec

Originally Posted by maxmale
dude, if your getting 4 eclipse TI 12 you are definately going to need more power than that rfp 500.2 you should at the very least get 2 of those amps. and then brace your self because your car will fall apart. i have two 15" TI with a concept audio amp rated at 2510 watts rms at 1 ohm and i swear the sky veiw is going to shatter the roof flexes about an inch.
I have the 5002 brand new...and I also got the 3002 if I need it...Hopefully we can accomplish some flexing too...lol

Originally Posted by maxmale
on another note what do you want for your elite center console and what color interior.
Doing monitors in that console...is that what you meant??? I have black interior

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
hey Kenny get the Avn 6600 instead of the 5500. I have the 5500 and I am switching to the 6600 the end of this week. The 6600 has dual DVD slots and can due dual play with out switcher.
I know I saw that after I already got it...

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
I was at the Performance and Style auto show at Carlisle a few weeks ago and was talking to a guy about the lambo door mod he had on his 350Z. He had a direct bolt on kit, and they opened like regular doors! But when you wanted to show them off, you just opened them like regular, and then pushed them up lambo style and the gas struts held them in place! so you could still open your doors in your garage! I thought that style was great to use on a daily basis, he said the kit runs about a grand per side? Or a grand for both sides?? Dont remember. I have the guys card if you want his info?
For one thousand I'm in --- for 2 I'm nvrsatisfyd....lol

Originally Posted by clayman88
You car looks sick so far. I think you should definitely paint the engine cover with some kind of rad design. As far as a theme, not too sure about that. I'll let you know if I think of something. Chern & Ramberg's engine covers look hot.
I want to --- that guys work looks priceless --- I've been rattling my brain over it...

Old 05-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

GEC-Ok the Maybach theme is coming from the elite rear console and my overall impression of the car.

When i think maxima i want to envision a luxury sports 4 door that most can afford. Thus far Nissan has given alot of goodies on the elite to make us sense this but a view goodies from our good friends at Mercedes wouldn't hurt.

The rear window shade i think is a option but I'm not sure if you have that, I think that could help with the theme. Also i noticed that the maybach had power seat adjustments, but i really dont know if that can be duplicated.
I was also thinking maybe putting in a rear fold out tray like in plans but the tray could match the wood trim. I also thought a nice wood trim upgrade could also look pretty nice, but of course not over done like the ones being sold on ebay currently. I think the key word for this car should be modifications done tastefully. Possibly hooking up the rear seats with more comfortable support, maybe more plush like how the new 07 max's seats are. Oh and while on the seats why not change the color up by putting in leather seat color that Nissan does not offer like Ivory with a brown suede trim.
The Vid screens i think you got down just right like in the Maybach.
Overall i think i just added like $20k to ur total but like i said i dream. I hope you find some of this info useful and if you have any other things you may need please feel free to contact me.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:56 AM
gec

Sueding is finished...just have to finish painting the dome light assembly's and install my monitors in the visors...pics

Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 PM

I like it..... looks good......
Old 05-19-2006, 12:34 PM
gec

Thank you --- I've decided to take it a step further -- I am going to suede & leather the entire inside...so --- more to come next week -- lower pillars and doors

Old 05-19-2006, 12:34 PM
GrandPa

Looks hot.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by gec
Thank you --- I've decided to take it a step further -- I am going to suede & leather the entire inside...so --- more to come next week -- lower pillars and doors
Thats what im talking about, what colors?
Old 05-20-2006, 02:53 PM
gec

Pulled the rear out....getting ready to fiber glass the molds for the monitors in the rear console

Old 05-20-2006, 09:55 PM
gec

My new double din is ready...yeah!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by gec

damnnnnn talk about a clean cut !! looks reallll nice gec...keep it up ...

Luigi
Old 05-21-2006, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by gec

Did you have that glassed and painted? it looks good. I just wish i could get mine to match the interior with out me having to repaint everything. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 AM
gec

Originally Posted by belal242
Thats what im talking about, what colors?
I'm gonna stick with black

Did you have that glassed and painted? it looks good. I just wish i could get mine to match the interior with out me having to repaint everything. Keep up the good work.
No - I just focused and spent alot of time getting it perfect --- It came out flawless, so the effort was worth it....can't wait to see it in now....

Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by gec
I'm gonna stick with black

No - I just focused and spent alot of time getting it perfect --- It came out flawless, so the effort was worth it....can't wait to see it in now....
was that the factory piece or the Metra kit?
Old 05-29-2006, 09:48 PM
gec

was that the factory piece or the Metra kit?
It was the Metra Kit

Old 05-29-2006, 09:53 PM
gec

Update:

My new Eclipse double din headunit is in, but there were 2 in depth modifications I just had to make to it.

1. I have Navi in my ride already and this unit also comes with navi...hmmmm... well I don't know if I am the first, but my brother in-law did the impossible in my eyes. He took the stock gps antenna and modified it to fit the eclipse and it works b-e-a -utiful

2. The new head unit lights up green -- can't have that ruining my nice blue dash, so we decided..screw it..we'll dismantle it and change the led's in it...lol

pix

Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Not for rookies!!

Impressive as always Kenny.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

And the Hits just keep coming!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:57 AM

Hey gec I have an upgrade to any max that accents the interior beautifully..... I will go outside right now and take a pic of yesterday's project and post it...... and then I will post a pic tonight when I can get one in the dark........ I wouldn't have normally posted this because I am an originallist, meaning I don't share easily but this is for a good cause so what the hell I can post instuctions on how to install if needed..... k brb
Old 05-30-2006, 10:23 AM

daytime pic of door.... panels I painted Honda Graphite Grey kinda dusty..... door handle daytime without lights..... with lights...... pic of led installed..... this project took about 4 hours to complete..... not including painting and sanding and dry time..... but well worth the work.....
Old 05-30-2006, 10:34 AM

none of the daytime pics do any justice..... I will take pics tonight to let you see the real beauty..... here are some other mods you could do...... this one you can't because of your double din but others can...... this one is my favorite because you can actually see what's in the compartment at night without turning on the lights deffinite must..... mind you all of these pics are daytime and deffinitly don't represent themselves all that well.... here is a front view...... and here are my subs..... they spin so the pic doesn't take too well but you get the point..... the one on the left was bought that way the one on the right I made the leds for...... this is because the earlier model of these spinners didn't have leds and I had one allready so I bought another and made the leds for this one..... if you want instructions on any of these installs let me know..... I will post pics of nighttime for ya later tonight......
Old 05-30-2006, 10:39 AM

Great work...
Old 05-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Not for rookies!!

Nice job man.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:03 AM

very nice car. I think the front of 5th generation looks better.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:38 PM
gec

Originally Posted by po8pimp
Hey gec I have an upgrade to any max that accents the interior beautifully..... I will go outside right now and take a pic of yesterday's project and post it...... and then I will post a pic tonight when I can get one in the dark........ I wouldn't have normally posted this because I am an originallist, meaning I don't share easily but this is for a good cause so what the hell I can post instuctions on how to install if needed..... k brb

Car looks good buddy --- I've got some accent lighting to still do....focusing on wiring this car next week and doing some fiberglassing...shouild be messy and fun....post a night time pic...looks like it'll glow nice in the dark

Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by tinyman
Don't be padding your stats to get to 15 posts. This thread isn't even about the front of the 6th gen Max.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Don't be padding your stats to get to 15 posts. This thread isn't even about the front of the 6th gen Max.
lol good catch.....
Old 05-30-2006, 10:43 PM

ok so here are the night pics.... still don't do justice..... I need a new camera...... those were the door handles.... here are the leds under the cd player inside the half din...... this is the center council or armrest compartment where I have my cds.... here are my spinning sub covers for my diamond 12in woofers.....
Old 05-31-2006, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by tinyman
You have a 2000, you would say that...
Old 05-31-2006, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
ok so here are the night pics.... still don't do justice..... I need a new camera...... those were the door handles.... here are the leds under the cd player inside the half din...... this is the center council or armrest compartment where I have my cds.... here are my spinning sub covers for my diamond 12in woofers.....
Bet it looks sweet in person, I especially like the console and door handle light...
Old 05-31-2006, 09:44 AM
gec

Looks real good po8 --- did you use the hyper led's for that...

Old 05-31-2006, 10:39 AM

the leds I used were from Autozone..... they were called accent lights by Pilot.... be carefull when buying them the craftmenship on some of them weren't the greatest...... so I have purchased in total 4sets which run $10 a set and 2 out of 12 leds didn't work because of the welds not holding, so if you purchase them from there, open the package up in front of them and check with a 9volt battery to save you several trips back..... here is what they look like except they are the blue lights not the purple.....
Old 05-31-2006, 06:41 PM

You can also order them from www.selectproducts.com
Old 06-01-2006, 12:39 AM

You can also order them from www.selectproducts.com
well you can get leds anywhere..... I went to autozone because their leds are premade with +/- wires attached and a resistor and diode also...... to allow for the 12 volts without burning out the led and allow easy installation..... just drill and set.... run wires and you're done..... ohh to run wires through the rubber boot in the doors use a coat hanger and come from the top once through tape the wire to the coat hanger and pull back through slowly while helping guide it..... this tip will save you a couple hours of frustration.....
Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 AM
gec

I have the hyper led's that I'm gonna use --- we'll see how it comes out... I have a few custom pieces being made for the interior that I am going to backlight as well, so I want to see how bright the car looks inside before I do any more accent lighting...Definately gonna do it in the trunk though...looks nice...thanks for your contributions --- Kenny

Old 06-03-2006, 08:10 PM
gec

Long day of modding --- BIG thanks to Tek who came over today and worked his azz off for me.....appreciate that ----today the intake, rsb, peswix steering wheel control adapter, grounding kit, and begun the template for the monitors on the lower rear console....pics are as follows

1. Engine Bay Stock
2. Engine Bay with Intake and Grounding Kit installed
3. Tek working on Intake
4, 5, & 6 -- Laying out the positions for the monitors on the lower console before fiberglassing....Kenny

Old 06-03-2006, 08:13 PM
gec

Old 06-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Not for rookies!!

...coming along well.

Quick Reply: Gonna Represent