6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

’06 Bluetooth compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:48 PM

’06 Bluetooth compatibility

I just bought a 2006 Maxima the other day with Bluetooth technology. I was stoked because I could use my new phone on my new car. Not so. I went the website and there are actually very few phones compatible with Maxima’s Bluetooth system. And if you have Sprint, like me, you are pretty much SOL.

What gives? Isn’t the idea of Bluetooth that if you have it on ‘A’ and also on ‘B’ then you can link them and have really cool technology?

Does anyone know if there is a pre-existing thread on this topic?

Mainly, I wonder if when new phones come out the number of phones compatible will gradually increase in compatibility with Maxima’s Bluetooth? Or is it vice versa where Maxima’s Bluetooth is permanently set to compatible phones at the time it was manufactured?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:54 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

I remember seeing an earlier thread about this topic. I think the problem comes in with the version of bluetooth being used. For instance, I have an early version of an Ericsson bluetooth headset. It paired fine with my Nokia N-Gage but it would not pair with my Motorola V600 or Razr. So, in essence all bluetooth technology is not equally compatible. Just to give you an idea, there are currently 5 versions of bluetooth out there 1.0, 1.0b, 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0. the later versions are supposed to be backwards compatible but I wouldn't bet on it to work in all cases.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:48 PM

My 06 Max came with bluetooth and needed a new cell phone and being with Sprint also I bought the Samsung A-920 and have been using it with the car and enjoy it. There are some quirks with the bluetooth but overall I enjoy it.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by boone
I remember seeing an earlier thread about this topic. I think the problem comes in with the version of bluetooth being used. For instance, I have an early version of an Ericsson bluetooth headset. It paired fine with my Nokia N-Gage but it would not pair with my Motorola V600 or Razr. So, in essence all bluetooth technology is not equally compatible. Just to give you an idea, there are currently 5 versions of bluetooth out there 1.0, 1.0b, 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0. the later versions are supposed to be backwards compatible but I wouldn't bet on it to work in all cases.
Boone, do you happen to know what Bluetooth version the 06 Maxima has in it? Nissan doesn't seem to be a lot of help on this.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:06 PM

This sounds extremely too frustrating...

how much is that option?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Blulytes
This sounds extremely too frustrating...

how much is that option?
I think the option is $300 by itself. But usually if you get DPP then it is included.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 PM
mwh

Originally Posted by SHIFT_matt
I just bought a 2006 Maxima the other day with Bluetooth technology. I was stoked because I could use my new phone on my new car. Not so. I went the website and there are actually very few phones compatible with Maxima’s Bluetooth system. And if you have Sprint, like me, you are pretty much SOL.

What gives? Isn’t the idea of Bluetooth that if you have it on ‘A’ and also on ‘B’ then you can link them and have really cool technology?

Does anyone know if there is a pre-existing thread on this topic?

Mainly, I wonder if when new phones come out the number of phones compatible will gradually increase in compatibility with Maxima’s Bluetooth? Or is it vice versa where Maxima’s Bluetooth is permanently set to compatible phones at the time it was manufactured?
I went to nissan and printed the pdf of compatible phones and took it over to Verizon to see what they had. I am getting a Razor V3, this is the newest one out so I assume the version of BT is current or newer technology.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:47 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Originally Posted by SHIFT_matt
Boone, do you happen to know what Bluetooth version the 06 Maxima has in it? Nissan doesn't seem to be a lot of help on this.
I wish I could help you here but I could not find out the info on this either.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:53 PM

SHIFT _MATT I have the same car

SHIFT_MATT
I got my Black SE, chrome wheels, 6speed w/ Bluetooth ( so driver preferred package).

I had to take my LG phone back to get the V3 RAZR to have a Nissan compatible phone.

It took no less than 25 pair sessions before the phone linked with the Max. But I like the feature. The only drawback is that the noise cancellation circuitry is so good that the other side does not get a natural sound. They get the “call from a tunnel” effect.

On a side note. Does your piece of S. rock you all over the road? Mine rides like a sea-doo on the highway. Thought it might be the wheel and tire set-up.

My 99 Max was a much better car.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by haasem
SHIFT_MATT
I got my Black SE, chrome wheels, 6speed w/ bluetooth ( so driver prefered package).

I had to take my LG phone back to get the V3 RAZR to have a Nissan compatible phone.

It took no less than 25 pair sesions before the phone linked with the Max. But I like the feature. The only drawback is that the noise cancellation circuitry is so good that the other side does not get a natural sound. THey get the call from a tunnel effect.

On a side note. Does your piece of S. rock you all over the raod? Mine rides loe a sea-doo on the highway. thought it might be the wheel and tire set-up.

My 99 max was a better car.
That's tight. I think the black looks good with the chromies from a strictly stock point of view.

Yeah, I have to get a phone that will work. I was looking at the Acura website and they offer about the same selection of phones. If you have Verizon or Cingular it seems there are plenty of phone options with the Maxima. I have Sprint and there are like 2 chuddy phones that work.

Actually, my '06 seems to ride better than my '05 did. It feels stiffer through curves and more solid on the highway. I don't get the "Sea-Doo" effect at all. I will likely upgrade to Progress springs, a strut bar and RSB this summer, though. I just hate how high the Max sits up front.

Good luck with yours. I love mine.

Matt