6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Official ActiveTuning S4.1 Grille Picture

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 05:48 PM

Official ActiveTuning S4.1 Grille Picture

We're going to be doing a final test fit and photo/video shoot next week, but I wanted to show you guys that it does exist And it's very close to being released. Stay tuned to our blog and ActiveTuning.com for more! It's being painted this weekend and getting ready to go on the car. Note: the holes on top are not drilled yet, but will be in the production version.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:50 PM

So far so good.... looking forward to seeing it in Onyx!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:51 PM

The test fit car is actually Sonoma Sunset, and will be fitted with powdercoated mesh (although there will be options for either natural aluminum or powdercoated, and either oval hole or diamond hole).
Old 05-25-2006, 05:53 PM

I can't wait to see installed pics.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:19 PM

Sweeeeeeettttt!!!!! Cant Wait To Get This Grill!!!!!!

You Guys Taking Any Pre-orders????
Old 05-25-2006, 06:23 PM
The "Other" project

cool cool cool!!!!! smoke with the burger for me!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:24 PM

Not just yet, but if all goes well next week, you can expect orders to begin being taken then. No pricing info until that time. There will be no group buy at this time. We will have a decent number of grilles in-stock when we begin to take orders, and production on these is much faster than previous grilles....we should have no problem keeping up.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:40 PM
*moderator*

It's becoming reality!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by D@ActiveTuning
Not just yet, but if all goes well next week, you can expect orders to begin being taken then. No pricing info until that time. There will be no group buy at this time. We will have a decent number of grilles in-stock when we begin to take orders, and production on these is much faster than previous grilles....we should have no problem keeping up.
Sweet!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Not for rookies!!

Can't wait to see the finished version.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah yeahhhHH!
Old 05-26-2006, 03:26 AM

hope ya'll hurry up, cause i am getting body work done in the coming two weeks and would love to upgrade.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Banned

How will it work with the colors, i assume you are not stocking every available color...so are they painted to order, or are you going to stock a few common colors (black/silver). Looks nice!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:39 AM

At first it will be painted to order, so if we have the grille in stock unpainted, it'll be about a week before it ships out (gives time to paint + cure).

Down the line, we'll try and stock more popular colors. Letting us do painting made-to-order at first will also allow us to see what kind of demand we can expect for each color.

Also, some other notes:

1) The grilles will be offered with all of ourr signature mesh as all of our other grilles. BUT, we will also offer a limited edition version with stainless steel woven mesh (like the redlinemax/Jaguar/300C/Bentley mesh) as a $50 option. Since the Maxima is a flagship Nissan, we feel it's important to offer this option to differentiate the grille from others. It will not be available powdercoated though. We'll have pictures and video next week with both options so you can see how it looks. (Note: This mesh will not be available on the S4 grille, just the S4.1).

2) We have pricing finalized, here's the breakdown:
Unpainted Grille: $215
Nissan Emblem (cut into the mesh by us): $5
Powdercoated Mesh (Natural aluminum is standard): $5
Diamond Mesh (Oval is standard): $5
Painting by us: $75
Woven Mesh: $50

If you purchase a grille pre-painted by us, we will pre-install the mesh for you, it will be ready to take out of the box and install onto the car.

I cannot wait to see this grille installed, it is going to look so awesome!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:43 AM

i'll take a painted radient ember grill with the limited edition mesh (bentley style) please.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:53 AM

i can't wait
Old 05-26-2006, 06:35 AM
Banned

I noticed on your site it says for the altima s2 that the mesh must be glued on with adhesive which is included...would this have to be done for this item or would be arrive ready to go on the car.

When you say you'll powdercoat it for $5 you mean it will come with the aluminum mesh painted black correct?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I noticed on your site it says for the altima s2 that the mesh must be glued on with adhesive which is included...would this have to be done for this item or would be arrive ready to go on the car.

When you say you'll powdercoat it for $5 you mean it will come with the aluminum mesh painted black correct?
If you order the grille unpainted, we include the glue and the glue gun and you would need to install the mesh yourself. This is because the grille should be painted PRIOR to the mesh being installed.

If you order the grille PAINTED, we pre-install the mesh for you, so it's ready to take out of the box and put onto the car.

The $5 powdercoating option is for powdercoating the mesh black. It's not like painting since powdercoating adheres much better and is much stronger. This makes it pretty much prone to any sort of chipping or cracking, etc.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:13 AM

Looks very nice, good work guys..
Old 05-26-2006, 07:35 AM

Looks great!
Just curious, will the frame be available in a chrome color?? And will this cover the little gap in the lower center thats needed for the tooth on the current OEM grille??

Cant wait!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by silvermouse5150
Looks great!
Just curious, will the frame be available in a chrome color?? And will this cover the little gap in the lower center thats needed for the tooth on the current OEM grille??

Cant wait!!!
It does cover the gap.

It will not be available in a chrome color....at least not from us. You can always order unpainted and take it to your own bodyshop. Keep in mind it cannot actually be chrome dipped because it's fiberglass, not metal.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:02 PM
The "Other" project

kind of dumb question, when you say emblem "cut into grill" how exactly do you mean?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by daves04smoke
kind of dumb question, when you say emblem "cut into grill" how exactly do you mean?
The back of the emblem is not flat. The semicircular recesses protrude from the flat surface defined by the perimeter of the emblem. Therefore, two semicircular recesses need to be cut into any flat surface (mesh) to fit the emblem.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:05 AM

At first it will be painted to order, so if we have the grille in stock unpainted, it'll be about a week before it ships out (gives time to paint + cure).

Down the line, we'll try and stock more popular colors. Letting us do painting made-to-order at first will also allow us to see what kind of demand we can expect for each color.

Also, some other notes:

1) The grilles will be offered with all of ourr signature mesh as all of our other grilles. BUT, we will also offer a limited edition version with stainless steel woven mesh (like the redlinemax/Jaguar/300C/Bentley mesh) as a $50 option. Since the Maxima is a flagship Nissan, we feel it's important to offer this option to differentiate the grille from others. It will not be available powdercoated though. We'll have pictures and video next week with both options so you can see how it looks. (Note: This mesh will not be available on the S4 grille, just the S4.1).

If you purchase a grille pre-painted by us, we will pre-install the mesh for you, it will be ready to take out of the box and install onto the car.

Is there some possibility to put this type of mesh in there http://www.siliconvalleyautogroup.co...hoto_page.html that would deffinitly be hot...... this would accent any car......
Old 05-29-2006, 08:21 AM

That would look terrible.. IMHO
Old 05-29-2006, 08:29 AM
.org extraordinaire

Also, some other notes:

K, THIS IS AN ORDER, e-mail me and I also need your front shocks.

4.1 Grille, Powdercoated Diamond Mesh, Smoke Color.
Koni front shocks.

Sorry to be brief, working over lunch, very busy.

Kam
Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 AM

......There will be no group buy at this time....

I am really looking forward to seeing pics and video. I've been holding off on a grill until I got a look at the S4.1 and we are almost there.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
Is there some possibility to put this type of mesh in there http://www.siliconvalleyautogroup.co...hoto_page.html that would deffinitly be hot...... this would accent any car......
That's not really the style that our company portrays, so we'd have no plans to do a look like that. Plus, that's not really mesh, I'm not sure how that could be incorporated into fiberglass. Your best bet is to talk to a company like E&G Classics.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
K, THIS IS AN ORDER, e-mail me and I also need your front shocks.

4.1 Grille, Powdercoated Diamond Mesh, Smoke Color.
Koni front shocks.

Sorry to be brief, working over lunch, very busy.

Kam
Kam,

It's not available for ordering just yet, but when it will be, it will have to be done through our website. Stay tuned!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:31 AM
*moderator*

ewwwww, sorry not the Max's style...
Old 05-29-2006, 08:50 PM

LOL!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 AM

yea I know that car is sick........ lmao..... no really though I want something different...... I saw the original grill I was going to get on this old man's maxima and was like no way that's sick, so now I have to get something different just looking for ideas I guess..... nothing crazy like metal dice or any of that ghetto fabulous stuff.....
Old 05-30-2006, 01:07 PM

Hey no problem, everyone has different tastes. Here is a photo shop of grill posted some time ago.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Not for rookies!!

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Hey no problem, everyone has different tastes. Here is a photo shop of grill posted some time ago.

It looks like some sort of lincoln.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:55 PM

lmao that looks like the maxima is smiling at ya..... thanx but now I think I will have to change my mind...... lol holy crap that's awesome.....
Old 05-30-2006, 03:13 PM

Just curious.
Is there a guesstimate on when the grille is planning to completed and ready to sell?

This grille does look really great.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:06 PM
SuPeRmOd

Just curious.
Is there a guesstimate on when the grille is planning to completed and ready to sell?
last March
Old 05-30-2006, 05:30 PM

Just curious.

If all goes well on Thur-Friday, you should expect them for sale by next week.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:14 PM

This grill is the exact grill I want, but in all honesty, it's just too pricey for me ($300 in the form I want it).

Nice work though, can't wait to see finished pics.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:23 PM

When you take out the oem grill, there is a change in the angle of the surrounding bumper. Does this grill sit forward enough to cover this very subtle edge?

Quick Reply: Official ActiveTuning S4.1 Grille Picture