6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

CORRECT SE-R 6sp pedals info

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Okay, you guys have fumbled through this enough. I have a SpecV, which uses the same drive-by-wire pedal assembly as the 6th gen. The final verdict?

Brake and clutch pedals from a G35/350Z/Altima SE-R WILL work. Accellerator from a G35/350Z WILL NOT WORK on a 6th Gen Maxima (or a SpecV, as I found out). You must order the WHOLE ACCELLERATOR ARM from an Altima SE-R and use the pedal pad from the Altima assembly. As it has been said before, you DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE WHOLE STOCK ARM TO DO THIS. The pedal pad simply slips off of the arm that you buy and slips right over your existing accellerator pedal.

Just an FYI- I bought the pedal cover set (all 4 without the arm) from an eBay seller in Canada. I paid $77 shipped. Search eBay and you might get lucky.

Any questions? PM me.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
It will, all it is, is just a cover. Nothing more then that. The SE-R pedal is a full featured flybywire throttle control pedal. Its a whole assembly. Yes you can buy the Z and it will fit, you will have to slip on the aluminium cover over the old plastic, i suggest soapy water for an easy isntall.

Thanks,

Kam
Kam this is not true... the Z/G gas and dead pedal do not fit at all they are totally different in all aspects and cannot be modified to fit whatsoever, i know cause im returning mine but the brake pedal is the same and fits like a charm
Old 07-20-2006, 02:25 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
Okay, you guys have fumbled through this enough. I have a SpecV, which uses the same drive-by-wire pedal assembly as the 6th gen. The final verdict?

Brake and clutch pedals from a G35/350Z/Altima SE-R WILL work. Accellerator from a G35/350Z WILL NOT WORK on a 6th Gen Maxima (or a SpecV, as I found out). You must order the WHOLE ACCELLERATOR ARM from an Altima SE-R and use the pedal pad from the Altima assembly. As it has been said before, you DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE WHOLE STOCK ARM TO DO THIS. The pedal pad simply slips off of the arm that you buy and slips right over your existing accellerator pedal.

Just an FYI- I bought the pedal cover set (all 4 without the arm) from an eBay seller in Canada. I paid $77 shipped. Search eBay and you might get lucky.

Any questions? PM me.
Thank you and i too had to find out the hard way
Old 07-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by MAXDOUT04
Kam this is not true... the Z/G gas and dead pedal do not fit at all they are totally different in all aspects and cannot be modified to fit whatsoever, i know cause im returning mine but the brake pedal is the same and fits like a charm
Sell it to a 4th or 5th Gen guy. It DOES fit those. I have a 5th Gen as well as the Spec, and had 2 4th gens prior to these.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thank you and i too had to find out the hard way
I had to find out the hard way too. Anyone need a drive by wire arm assembly???
Old 07-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
I had to find out the hard way too. Anyone need a drive by wire arm assembly???
Why do you have a spare arm assembly? Nissan dealerships will NOT sell just the cover. Like I said, I got mine on eBay w/o the arm, but most people have to buy the whole arm to get the pedal...Even DaveB could not get a p/n for the pedal cover alone.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Just figured I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one. Installed my pedals today, still waiting for the dead pedal, they ordered the wrong color. Not worries though I got them for freeeeeeee....

Hey jay if you could find out what the part number is on just the gas pedal cover that would be great and ofcourse lookin good as always keep it up bro one day mine will look something like yours............
Old 07-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I slipped the pad off instead of installing the whole thing.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Hey jay if you could find out what the part number is on just the gas pedal cover that would be great and ofcourse lookin good as always keep it up bro one day mine will look something like yours............
See my post:

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
Nissan dealerships will NOT sell just the cover. Like I said, I got mine on eBay w/o the arm, but most people have to buy the whole arm to get the pedal...Even DaveB could not get a p/n for the pedal cover alone.
There is no part number for just the accelerator pedal cover. You have to buy the whole arm (unless that has changed in the last month or so). I physically held the cover- still in the wrapper- in my hand, and though the brake and clutch pedal pads each had a part number on the bag (it was the same for both pedals), the bag for the accel cover had no part number listed.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:00 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

^^^^^^^^^ yes i know that you have to buy the whole assembly but when i checked ebay the other day there was a guy selling all three but not the whole arm just the cover and i emailed him but he is out of stock right now but im assuming it is possible to buy just the cover?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

^^^^^^^^^ yes i know that you have to buy the whole assembly but when i checked ebay the other day there was a guy selling all three but not the whole arm just the cover and i emailed him but he is out of stock right now but im assuming it is possible to but just the cover?
Yes, you can often find them w/o the arm on eBay- but again, there is no part number in the Nissan database, nor on the bag that contained the cover. Like I said, this could have changed, but the org parts guru, DaveB, had no listing (and he tried every vehicle that has the same DBW system) for that distinct part.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:11 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Yeah i know but i dont want to spend $80.00 for a $7 piece of metal and then what do i do with the assembly without a cover? i know i could ebay or sell it here but its a pain and was thinking maybe its time to go to nissan and take a alti se-r for a spin..... if you get my drift
Old 07-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Contact this guy to re-sell it...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=483063
Old 07-21-2006, 08:53 PM
SuPeRmOd

TAKEN FROM ORIGINAL THREAD WITH WRONG INFO

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=439972