6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

'07 - Extended Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:49 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

'07 - Extended Trip Report

Drove solo from Charlotte to Jupiter, FL and back this weekend, ~650 miles each way. 9:10 drive time (9:40 elapsed) on southbound leg, 8:40 drive (9:00 elapsed) on the return.

General observations:
  • Engine ran as you would expect from the VQ - strong and without missing a beat.
  • Steering tracked perfectly - no wandering or mistracking, even in the new grooved or old uneven pavement around Jacksonville.
  • Although it did not effect the path of the car at all, there was a very odd (and fairly strong) side-to-side buffetting of the body when in the wake of large trucks.
  • Rain/wet roads had no effect whatsoever on the feel or stability of the car.
  • I'm begininning to question the wisdom of Nissan's merging of the SL/SE suspensions. It's just a bit to soft and floaty for me at times. There is a comfort gain, but I miss the firmness of past SE suspensions. I know this can be changed, but I was fine with the past SE stock suspensions. I will say that the return to true IRS helps keep the rear planted much better than the 4th/5th gens on mid turn bumps. I would just like to see a tad more spring and dampening on the SE.
  • As soon as I hit highway speeds on I-77 leaving Charlotte, the TPMS light started flashing (malfunction indication). I had just set the pressures to 35F/33R, and when I checked later they had not changed. The TPMS light continues to flash for about a minute after every startup, even though pressures are fine. I'm getting the feeling that TPMS is way more trouble than its worth. Damn gov't sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.
  • In the 70 MPH limit sections of the trip (most of the trip), I cruised pretty much with traffic flow in the 78-80 MPH area. There was a just barely perceptible wheel balance issue right around this speed. It was not noticeable at all either above or below this speed range. I suspect it to be one of the rear wheels, as it was felt only in my butt and not at all in the steering wheel. Probably not bad enough to complain about to Nissan... odds are they would make it worse if the messed with it.
  • Motor turns at ~2750 RPM @ 80 MPH.
  • Had a brief section (~30 miles) on the return where I fell in with a a few cars (Merc SL, GS400, 540i) that were running around 90. Max was perfectly happy running there, but when the traffic got heavier they were more willing to weave through it at that speed than I was... I'll run with traffic but calling attention to yourself is not conducive to keeping your license points free. Sure enough, I passed the 540i pulled over by a Georgia State Trooper shortly after I dropped back to 80 with the rest of the pack.
  • Better seating position than any previous Max. First Max I've owned where the e-brake handle didn't dig a hole into my leg just below my knee.
  • Seats are better overall, but the bottom seat cushion is still short on padding (typically Nissan, but getting better). There were definitely some pressure points developing. The study of Volvo seats should be made mandatory for anyone designing auto interiors. If you never have, find an S60 with the sport seat option and test your butt in one. Nothing else like it.
  • The center armrest is perfectly positioned, but the door arm rest is at least 2-3" below my left elbow. (FYI, I am 6' 1"), and the sill is too narrow, too hard and too sharp edged to function as an elbow rest.
  • Definitely much quieter on the wind noise than the 5th gen, road noise a bit better but could be better still.
  • Whoever designed the intermittent wiper control should be shot... the interval wheel is a pain in the butt to adjust by touch alone. Why it's the same diameter as the stalk sandwiched in the middle of the stalk is beyond me. Either make the whole end of the stalk rotate or make the control larger and knurled so you can find it by touch alone.
  • Bluetooth worked great.
  • Cruise control held absolutely rock solid speed.
  • You can definitely feel the A/C compressor cycling on and off while cruising.
  • Best Nissan/Bose system yet. No sense of a disconnected sub huffing away in the back like in the 5th gen Bose systems. Very good overall, but the deep bass and the transient response on percussions are not quite as smooth and natural sounding as the best aftermarket or OEM systems I have heard. Aux input was great with the ipod. Wish the non-nav radios had the input down low like the nav cars do. Might have to invest in an ipod interface and stash the whole thing in the glove box.
CVT
  • Consistent with past reports, I have nothing truly negative to report, though things are definitely "different" at times.
  • Oddest thing I noticed is that in high speed acceleration, when you back off the throttle there is a very brief but noticeable period where the tranny is still "accellerating" (advancing ratio) faster than the engine is backing off, giving you the feeling that you are still accelerating after you let off the gas. Not necessarily bad, but definitely weird.
  • Mid-range passing is a thing of beauty... very much like a turbocharged car with a manual tranny. When you accelerate the manual/turbo combo without downshifting, you get that feeling of the power swelling underneath you without any fuss or trauma. The CVT is very similar... you don't have any great change in sound or abrupt change in RPM, but the car just accelerates.
Fuel Mileage
  • With generally flat terrain, running a very smooth and consistent 78-80 for most of the trip, mileage averaged about 24.3 for the whole trip. (Finished the trip with just over 4,400 miles on the odo.)
  • The odd thing is that on tanks filled in NC or GA, it ran just over 25 mpg. On FL purchased gas it ran closer to 23. Weather, traffic, terrain and speeds were fairly consistent throughout. Makes me wonder if gas sold in FL has a different formulation. (Premium 93 octane on all fill-ups.)
  • After comparing the trip computer with calculated mileage, I would have to say that the trip computer is very accurate. Results were typically .1-.2 mpg off, which is much better than the 10-15% optimism of my '03s trip computer.
I know that my list has some negatives, but overall I am still very happy and impressed with the car. It's still a unique and desireable combination that is a big step away from the "appliance cars" without a commensurate step up in price.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=jcalabria][*]Oddest thing I noticed is that in high speed acceleration, when you back off the throttle there is a very brief but noticeable period where the tranny is still "accellerating" (advancing ratio) faster than the engine is backing off, giving you the feeling that you are still accelerating after you let off the gas. Its more weird than bad./QUOTE]

I've noticed that too!

1.5k And i'm very happy as well. This was the perfect vehicle choice for me.

Question for you and other 07 owners....

Does your alarm automatically activate when you exit the car?

I know i set it to 1 min auto lock, but it still does not lock by itself. And being that the key just sits in my pocket, often times i 4get to lock.

I'd really like for it to lock on exit, pref when i walk away for a short distance.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:02 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
I've noticed that too!

1.5k And i'm very happy as well. This was the perfect vehicle choice for me.

Question for you and other 07 owners....

Does your alarm automatically activate when you exit the car?

I know i set it to 1 min auto lock, but it still does not lock by itself. And being that the key just sits in my pocket, often times i 4get to lock.

I'd really like for it to lock on exit, pref when i walk away for a short distance.
Alarm activates when doors locked from outside.

Auto-lock DOES NOT automatically lock your doors when you leave your car. It should be more properly called "Auto RE-lock". The time you specify (if you have NAV or have the dealer set if you don't) is how long the car will wait for you to open a door after unlocking before it will re-lock the doors. This is to prevent unintended unlock signals from leaving the car unsecured.

You will have to lock it yourself when you leave the car.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by jcalabria
Alarm activates when doors locked.

Auto-lock DOES NOT automatically lock your doors when you leave your car. It should be more properly called "Auto RE-lock". The time you specify (if you have NAV or have the dealer set if you don't) is how long the car will wait for you to open a door after unlocking before it will re-lock the doors. This is to prevent unintended unlock signals from leaving the car unsecured.

You will have to lock it yourself when you leave the car.
ooo ok. Wow....good to know. Yea they really should rename it.

That's retarted....I pay this much, can't get a simple autolock?
Old 08-28-2006, 04:35 PM

It's so simple to push the "Intelligent Key" button on the door handle to lock the car and arm the security system. I know I've adjusted to this really easily, but then I come from 2nd and 3rd gen Max's that had the combination buttons (and a lock button) under the door handles, so it's virtually a return to an old habit.

And to get the thread back on track, thanks, jcalabria, for the great report on the '07 Max's performance on the open road. We haven't got any plans for long trips in our two '07's yet, but it's good to know they'll handle well.

I'm still absolutely delighted with this car's performance, comfort, and convenience. Regarding the stereo system, I find this Bose to be so much better than the subwoofer-version-Bose that was in the '02. That one always sounded boomy to me, with the bass overbearing and not natural at all, It also had what I'd consider to be rather lousy stereo imaging, whereas the new Max's Bose sounds powerful without being boomy, smooth as silk, and with great stereo imagery.

Harry
Old 08-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Newbie just Registered

ooo ok. Wow....good to know. Yea they really should rename it.

That's retarted....I pay this much, can't get a simple autolock?
So you won't automatically lock your passengers in your car.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Newbie just Registered

Great write up, jcalabria. I'm assuming that CVT made little difference for the most part, compare to auto.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
So you won't automatically lock your passengers in your car.
Sorry to take away from your thread, this is my last off topic post!

Yea but my point is.......every other car, atleast that i've own or driven that has a factory alarm....turns on auto. Just a lil weird for me, especially with an 07.

It's no biggie, i can just push the button ur right. But it's amazing how many times i forget.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by HGN2001
It's so simple to push the "Intelligent Key" button on the door handle to lock the car and arm the security system...

Harry
That's what I do... The key never leaves my pocket... its become very natural to touch the request button to both lock & unlock.

Originally Posted by HGN2001
...Regarding the stereo system, I find this Bose to be so much better than the subwoofer-version-Bose that was in the '02. That one always sounded boomy to me, with the bass overbearing and not natural at all, It also had what I'd consider to be rather lousy stereo imaging, whereas the new Max's Bose sounds powerful without being boomy, smooth as silk, and with great stereo imagery.
Harry
I actually liked my 4th gen Bose systems better than the '00 & '03 systems. None of the Clarion HUs were worth damn reliabilty-wise, but the sub was horrible in the 5th gens. Very unnatural sounding.

I hate to keep using my Volvo as a benchmark, because there are many things I really don't like about it. But... the premium sound system (Harman amp & speakers/Mitsubishi HU) has become my benchmark for affordable OEM stereos (haven't sampled the Mark Levinson Lexus systems or been in a Maybach or anything like that). With four 8" and three 6.5" woofers, the bass is smooth and deep without ever sounding boomy or forced, and the component mid and tweeters in the front doors + the Dolby Pro Logic center speaker create a phenomenal sound stage. Having 8" woofers in the front doors help keep the rear 8" + 6.5" combo from pulling the bass back there. Interestingly, the newer Volvo HUs now have a fixed EQ loaded at the factory that can't be tweaked and they are not quite as good as the older HUs.

Anyway, the '07 is not quite as good as the Volvo with low end transients or imaging, but it is miles ahead of earlier Nissan/Bose systems. If I didn't have the Volvo as a comparison, I would be more impressed than I am. I have some Boston Acoustics jazz sampler/ bass demo CDs that sound absolutely phenomenal in the Max. It just seems to work a bit too hard on the harder rock stuff that I mostly listen to.

The FM radio sounds better in the '07, too. The 4th and 5th gen radios were very dull and lacking in high frequency response. This one is much better (not that I listen to the radio all that much).
Old 08-28-2006, 08:28 PM

Great report, jcalabria! I read it twice. May read it again tomorrow.

Based on your report (and other snippets posted on the ORG re the '07), I feel good about this car. If the CVT proves to be reliable long-term, I think I will feel very very good indeed.

I am one who feels the tire pressure sensor system is definitely something the government was warranted in requiring. As tires get wider and lower, and roads get worse and worse, many drivers (especially those without lots of experience and without a 'feel' for what the car is doing) will not become aware of a low or flat tire until either the tire disentigrates and the wheel is damaged beyond repair, or control of the car is lost at a bad time.

I am disappointed Nissan has evidently not gotten all the bugs out of this new TPMS before installing it on a mass production vehicle. Could the dealer have set something improperly when replacing your broken valve stem?

To wander slightly, I have felt for many years that technology is far enough along that upscale vehicles such as the Maxima could very well have a system where, in addition to the TPMS warning light, a graph could be called up on the screen that would display the current tire pressure in each of the four tires, as well as the pressure in the spare tire.

It would save me the trouble of bending my aching old back and folding my creaking bad knees in order to get down on the ground four times every week or two in order to check this myself, as well as having to remove the unwieldy cargo compartmentalizer from the trunk in order to lift the mat and check the spare each month or two. Yes, I have always been **** about tire pressure.

As for the suspension, I have the feeling that, in its continuing movement of the Maxima further upscale, the suspension will gradually become less firm.

This is bad for those who like a very firm ride, but will probably be necessary for the clientele at which Nissan now seems to be aiming the Maxima. This new target breed will actually read Consumer Reports type pubs, which have downgraded the Maxima for its very firm ride for decades.

I would not be surprised if Nissan eventually came out with a special performance version of the Altima with distinctive body paneling, a seven speed manual tranny, very firm suspension, maybe 19" wheels and 35 profile tires, over 300 HP, and lots of add-on/replacement performance goodies. All for around $30K. Just a little something to offer a 'buzz' at a price many could afford.

Back to the thread. I appreciate your taking the time to give an in-depth report of your trip.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Sorry to take away from your thread, this is my last off topic post!

Yea but my point is.......every other car, atleast that i've own or driven that has a factory alarm....turns on auto. Just a lil weird for me, especially with an 07.

It's no biggie, i can just push the button ur right. But it's amazing how many times i forget.
Some folks might mind, but I don't. We're both talking about the '07 Max, right?

I have had many cars with factory keyless entry/alarm systems, but none ever had a system that auto-locks. The thought never occurred to me that they even existed or that I want one. Which ones do?
Old 08-28-2006, 08:51 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Great report, jcalabria! I read it twice. May read it again tomorrow.

Based on your report (and other snippets posted on the ORG re the '07), I feel good about this car. If the CVT proves to be reliable long-term, I think I will feel very very good indeed.

I am one who feels the tire pressure sensor system is definitely something the government was warranted in requiring. As tires get wider and lower, and roads get worse and worse, many drivers (especially those without lots of experience and without a 'feel' for what the car is doing) will not become aware of a low or flat tire until either the tire disentigrates and the wheel is damaged beyond repair, or control of the car is lost at a bad time.

I am disappointed Nissan has evidently not gotten all the bugs out of this new TPMS before installing it on a mass production vehicle. Could the dealer have set something improperly when replacing your broken valve stem?

To wander slightly, I have felt for many years that technology is far enough along that upscale vehicles such as the Maxima could very well have a system where, in addition to the TPMS warning light, a graph could be called up on the screen that would display the current tire pressure in each of the four tires, as well as the pressure in the spare tire.

It would save me the trouble of bending my aching old back and folding my creaking bad knees in order to get down on the ground four times every week or two in order to check this myself, as well as having to remove the unwieldy cargo compartmentalizer from the trunk in order to lift the mat and check the spare each month or two. Yes, I have always been **** about tire pressure.

As for the suspension, I have the feeling that, in its continuing movement of the Maxima further upscale, the suspension will gradually become less firm.

This is bad for those who like a very firm ride, but will probably be necessary for the clientele at which Nissan now seems to be aiming the Maxima. This new target breed will actually read Consumer Reports type pubs, which have downgraded the Maxima for its very firm ride for decades.

I would not be surprised if Nissan eventually came out with a special performance version of the Altima with distinctive body paneling, a seven speed manual tranny, very firm suspension, maybe 19" wheels and 35 profile tires, over 300 HP, and lots of add-on/replacement performance goodies. All for around $30K. Just a little something to offer a 'buzz' at a price many could afford.

Back to the thread. I appreciate your taking the time to give an in-depth report of your trip.
As usual, you are correct in your comments. There is definitely some value to the TPMS system (unlike other gov't mandated "features" such as the seatbelt/starter interlock that lasted all of one model year - 1974 - I'm sure at least you will remember that one). Its just that it gets frustrating when these mandates cause more problems than they solve, especially when you are conscientious about the tire pressures in the first place. I found a huge number of posts in other forums about similar problems with the Murano and Versa (already!) TPMS systems, as well as other brands that use the same Schrader system. BTW, the replacement cost for Nissan sensor/valve stem is $291 per wheel. For that much it ought to work!

I agree about the direction the Maxima is headed. Unfortunately, unless I start aging at a faster pace than I already have, it might make this the last Max for me. I don't see, no matter how upscale they want to push the car, why there still couldn't be a truly differentated SE version or package. Upscale and sporty do not necessarily have an inverse relationship. Even BMW offers Sport packages on their (already upscale AND sporty) cars.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:16 PM

Wow! $291 per wheel! for a TPMS sensor! That is exhorbitant. Especially for something that does not appear to be foolproof.

The bad thing is that Nissan knew in 2000 that this system was not only useful, but would probably one day be required on all vehicles. They knew by 2004 that this system would be required as of the '07 models.

I personally predicted the system would be on the '06 Maxima, and was very disappointed when it wasn't. Now I am understanding why; it was not ready. Somebody has dropped the ball here.

I agree that Nissan is leaving a faithful portion of the Maxima's past behind by not offering at least something for the sports types. They could continue the direction they are going, offer exactly what they are planning to offer, and just add one very special version of the Maxima that has distinctive body paneling, a 7 speed manual tranny, firm suspension, 19" wheels, and over 300 HP. To hold down production and dealer stocking costs, this Maxima would be available only in three colors; black, silver, and burnt umber (the beautiful gold used on a few early '04 Maximas).

But then Nissan has stopped calling to ask me what they should do . . .
Old 08-28-2006, 09:24 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

But then Nissan has stopped calling to ask me what they should do . . .
Funny, but Nissan invited me to a pre-release clinic on the 4th gen before it was introduced in the US. This was when I had only owned the '87. Now, after after owning six of the buggers they don't ask me anymore.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Newbie just Registered

...But then Nissan has stopped calling to ask me what they should do . . .
That's a shame...

On '05 (last gen)Suburban, the TPMS shows pressure from each of the 4 tires; but on '06 5 series BMW with runflat tires, only gives warning. I guess the Max is running with the right crowd.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Great write up, jcalabria. I'm assuming that CVT made little difference for the most part, compare to auto.
95% of the driver's out there (general population, not us MaxiNerds) could be put in this car and they would have no clue that it was different in any way. You have to press it past 7/10ths, at least, before it becomes "different". Then it really is just different, not bad.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

That's a shame...

On '05 (last gen)Suburban, the TPMS shows pressure from each of the 4 tires; but on '06 5 series BMW with runflat tires, only gives warning. I guess the Max is running with the right crowd.
NAV equipped cars can call up a display of pressures for each tire. It lists the four tires in random and possibly changing order, so no information is really available to let you know which tire is which.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Newbie just Registered

NAV equipped cars can call up a display of pressures for each tire.
1 up for the Max. Can you set the pressure on non-NAV, or is it default setting only?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

1 up for the Max. Can you set the pressure on non-NAV, or is it default setting only?
Not changeable that I know... haven't even figured out what the trigger point is yet. For the 18" tires/wheels the recommended pressure is 32F/R (38 F/R for max load/high speed). It must be below 32 somewhere, but how far below I do not know yet.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

the guy crying about the keyless entry, well ill take it
Old 08-29-2006, 01:27 PM

Some folks might mind, but I don't. We're both talking about the '07 Max, right?

I have had many cars with factory keyless entry/alarm systems, but none ever had a system that auto-locks. The thought never occurred to me that they even existed or that I want one. Which ones do?

Well for instance:
My 01 325ci had it
My 04 Tahoe had it
My father's 03 Tundra has it
His Range has it....but kinda diff price range then this car

BUT I Know
Toyota Camry has it.

It also could help you save on insurance, don't know if you recall but they ask if you have a PASSIVE or ACTIVE alarm system. Active means it can arm itself.

And as 4getful as I am, it would be a great feature as i've walked up to my door several times, to push the button to open, and it actually locks, meaning for however long i was away it was unlocked, sometimes over night!

So there are a lot of cars with it, i'm sure its nothing that cost that much to where they can't implement it. Hell unless i can install a aftermarket alarm to work with the keyless feature, i'll try not 2 forget!

Originally Posted by belal242
the guy crying about the keyless entry, well ill take it
The only way u'll get it is if i leave it unlocked!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:04 PM

Good write up
Old 08-29-2006, 02:59 PM

BUT I Know
Toyota Camry has it.

My Toyota Camry XLE 2007 doesn't Auto-lock the Doors (at least from Factory Settings), the only way to do it, is like it is mentioned here, if you unlocked the doors with the remote and you don't open the door within 30 seconds then it auto-lock itself.

I have been doing a couple of tests with the Camry, as I wanted this feature, but it seems that there is nothing I can do myself to set it, maybe the stealership knows a way to program it, I don't know...
Old 08-29-2006, 03:59 PM

Great write-up. I too took a trip Sunday out to Pittsburgh 500 Miles +/- round trip. Many of the same items you listed I noticed as well. I cruised at 70MPH the whole way except for a short period of heavy rain where I was slowed to 40MPH due to visability. Overall I was very pleased with the ride. The Nav system was great, except I need to change the average speed settings for the highway, since my estimated 4.5 hour trip (according to the navigation) took only 3:45.

The Nav system shows each tire and preasure. At highway speed, the pressure in all 4 tires was 36psi, which is how it was set from the factory.

I had one scarry moment, when set on cruise control I hit an unexpected puddle on the road, this set off either the traction control or the VDC, which in turn automatically cut significant power to the engine and turned off the cruise control. Not saying this is a bad thing, but not expecting it at 70MPH made my heart skip a beat. It seems the car acted correctly, I just was not ready for it.

Driving this long of a distance forced me to adjust my seating a bit, but stupid me shut off the car and got out before saving it as my pre-set. As for comfort, I spent the last 4 years in an F150, so it is hard for me to compare, but I was very comfortable.

The CVT was fantastic. Driving across PA you go over serveral mountains, not once did I feel the car adjust to maintain my cruise control speed. When I needed it the power was right there to pass and it never missed a beat. I too have felt the "acceleration" thing, but usually as it drops from second to first as I approach a light. I did not feel it at all on the highway.

I did not reset the fuel milage. I had been driving mixed city and highway and was at 20.1MPG at 1500 miles. I am now just over 2K miles and I am at an average of 21.8MPG. I had been using regular and filled up with 93 for this trip back an forth. I will be going out again in two weeks and will reset the fuel milage before I go to see how it does on the trip alone.

Nick
Old 08-29-2006, 05:56 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by 07SE
Driving this long of a distance forced me to adjust my seating a bit, but stupid me shut off the car and got out before saving it as my pre-set.
Nick
I can see why they won't let you select a preset while driving, but it annoys me that you can't store a preset until you've stopped and forgotten all about it. Lawyers!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Newbie just Registered

Well for instance:
My 01 325ci had it
My 04 Tahoe had it
My father's 03 Tundra has it
His Range has it....but kinda diff price range then this car

BUT I Know
Toyota Camry has it...

Are you talking about stock keyless system with no add-ons?

Because my '05 Suburban doesn't have it, neither does my '06 550i with comfort access.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:04 PM

07 SE
I had one scarry moment, when set on cruise control I hit an unexpected puddle on the road, this set off either the traction control or the VDC, which in turn automatically cut significant power to the engine and turned off the cruise control. Not saying this is a bad thing, but not expecting it at 70MPH made my heart skip a beat. It seems the car acted correctly, I just was not ready for it.

Be glad for TC/VDC ....hit a puddle at speed sometime with cruise on and then hit a dry spot,like a rocket launch! not fun
Glad your liking your Max .... I'm up near Rt's 73&12 so looks like Berks counties being represented!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jim C
Be glad for TC/VDC ....hit a puddle at speed sometime with cruise on and then hit a dry spot,like a rocket launch! not fun
Glad your liking your Max .... I'm up near Rt's 73&12 so looks like Berks counties being represented!
Yeah, that puddle surprised me. I usaully don't drive with the cruise control on in the rain. I like to have control of the car, however, it wasn't raining at the time. the roads were still wet though, but I was on a pretty straight section of road. It must have been a run-off area on the road, I never even saw it. I am sure the TC/VDC was for the best, but it sure did make my heart skip a beat.

I am out in Exeter near the new Library.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:25 AM

I can see why they won't let you select a preset while driving, but it annoys me that you can't store a preset until you've stopped and forgotten all about it. Lawyers!
I did it again this morning when I got to work.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:23 AM

Are you talking about stock keyless system with no add-ons?

Because my '05 Suburban doesn't have it, neither does my '06 550i with comfort access.
No talkin about the auto arming of the alarm.

When the alarm arms itself after a certain amount of time.

I'm sure both your cars have it.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Newbie just Registered

No talkin about the auto arming of the alarm.

When the alarm arms itself after a certain amount of time.

I'm sure both your cars have it.
Way OT. Auto re-arm ONLY, yes. I hate to say it, but have you been leaving your cars unlocked all these years?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:19 PM

Way OT. Auto re-arm ONLY, yes. I hate to say it, but have you been leaving your cars unlocked all these years?
did a quick google....i might be wrong.

You guys might be right about the auto arm. Maybe it was just a re-arm.

But i guess with what i've experienced it was more so the auto lock, when the doors are closed.

walk up to car, unlock car, step in, after a min, car locks itself (max doesn't do that), unlock, get out of car, close door, car locks itself back....

This happened because i even managed to lock my keys in the car while the engine was running. (thank god for free 1yr on-star)

But i would think if the car is locking itself back after being unlocked after a period of time is....auto arming in a way. And that is what my tahoe did, even when in the car. Max does not. So w/e u call that, re-arming, auto arming, auto locking, that's what i need in my life!

lol sorry for this thread jacking man!!