6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

06 max vs 06-07 G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:00 PM

06 max vs 06-07 G35 coupe

Thinking about upgrading to the G coupe, any pros/cons between the two that anyone would like to share?
Old 10-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

06 g35 is awesomee...my friend just got one 6spd manual.....badass car smooth ride
Old 10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by greg hazlett
Thinking about upgrading to the G coupe, any pros/cons between the two that anyone would like to share?
Not sure if you're leasing or financing but:

I wouldn't take the hit on a 06 G35 Sedan or coupe, shoot for the 07. That may be worth it.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:58 PM
*moderator*

The reason I bought the Max over the G was due to the size of the cars, I needed more room. (and the value for the price)
Old 10-20-2006, 04:47 PM

I saw the new '07 G35 at the Anaheim autoshow. It's soo sexy and classy with all those curves. There are two airboxes now. The interior is much better. Love it ! Don't get the '06 (even with discounts)
Old 10-20-2006, 05:12 PM

I sat in one of the 06's and there is quite a difference in interior size...I fit in my Max better being 6'1 and 230lbs but that G35 coupe is sweet...I see that the sedan is supposed to come with 307 hp, not sure if that will make it over to the coupe also...
Old 10-20-2006, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by MaxFan
I saw the new '07 G35 at the Anaheim autoshow. It's soo sexy and classy with all those curves. There are two airboxes now. The interior is much better. Love it ! Don't get the '06 (even with discounts)
...just curious...but why not get the '06?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 PM

...'cause it a much better cat !!! Inside and out...and more powerful. Why buy a last gen while the next one is around the corner. We're not talking refresh model here.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:37 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by joemax1
...just curious...but why not get the '06?
Dude, if you don't know the difference then do your research.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:22 AM
*moderator*

He's talking about the getting the coupe (same car for 07) though, not the new re-designed sedan...which on the other hand is awesome!

Old 10-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Newbie just Registered

I think the coupe is coming in the springs as an '08.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:19 PM

lets put it this way...if your thinking Gs...

don't get 06...lik they said its not worth it anymore. your not going to get that much of a discount.

07 is your best bet now. fresh NEW design. more lik the M series now. very nice clean-cut & smooth. new engine. better engine. new tech. your getting something similar to the CVT.

buh if your intent on coupes...it won't be bad either to wait for the 07 G coupe...look that up. you won't be unhappy...trust me...

http://images.leftlanenews.com/conte...07-g35-g37.jpg

Old 10-22-2006, 01:03 AM

Yeahh. If i was going to spend that much.. I would go with the 07.. Sure you will feel good right now with the 06.. But then when the07 comes out your going to regret it.. I know i would.. It would be a different story if you was getting a 03-04 or something..
Old 10-22-2006, 03:41 AM

the g series came out in 2003? wasn't it the same body design? as the 06.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Banned

The coupe was a pretty attractive upgrade from the maxima 3 yrs ago, but now so many nice cars have come out since then I dont know if id be impressed with the upgrade anymore. I want a much higher level of performance next time, the G is only slightly better.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:58 AM

Take the G35's ALL DAY - much more power from the get go and tons of upgrades. The Max gets left behind in the aftermarket department.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
The coupe was a pretty attractive upgrade from the maxima 3 yrs ago, but now so many nice cars have come out since then I dont know if id be impressed with the upgrade anymore. I want a much higher level of performance next time, the G is only slightly better.
U R in luck ! There is a G-Coupe GT-R with twin-turbo on the way for $49grands. Also there are the Turbo Murano, Twin-Turbo Z and the Nissan GTR(2008). Next year will be the year of the Turbos.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:12 AM

I dont see why everyone says forget the 06, the current year G looks great. Yes ive seen the 07 and I believe it cost a good bit more than the previous models. Around 38k if im not mistaken. Not saying I dont love the new bodystyle but the previous one is still great looking and isnt going to cost as much.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by Glude
I dont see why everyone says forget the 06, the current year G looks great. Yes ive seen the 07 and I believe it cost a good bit more than the previous models. Around 38k if im not mistaken. Not saying I dont love the new bodystyle but the previous one is still great looking and isnt going to cost as much.
If you are looking to mod it 07 may not have that much out for it for couple of years. Then again, I would wait for 07. I love the 06 but the 07 rocks the boat. Wait is no a problem because I can't afford to switch besides I love my max and its size.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
If you are looking to mod it 07 may not have that much out for it for couple of years. Then again, I would wait for 07. I love the 06 but the 07 rocks the boat. Wait is no a problem because I can't afford to switch besides I love my max and its size.
Thats pretty much how I feel, the previous models look clean as hell with a nice lip kit and stuff and a lot of aftermarket support. They can be had for prolly 8k less, but yes I do love the new G just a lil more. Just cant spend that kinda money ATM but il keep my eye on them, hopefully once they release some slightly used ones may not be priced to bad.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:07 PM

buh i think thats what they were going for...the g is not meant to modded...be force the mods on a g...the g is a great car by itself. much better than our maxs stock. not that i'm hating on maxs...buh its all nissan in the end...its all good...to hell with honda...new competition are the TOYOTAs...lolxz damn lexus...
Old 10-22-2006, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
The reason I bought the Max over the G was due to the size of the cars, I needed more room. (and the value for the price)
My reason for not waiting for the 07.

Although it issss
Old 10-22-2006, 04:07 PM

I saw CAI's for the G35, saw some exhaust kits for around a grand, what else is available for basic bolt ons for the G's?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 PM

I saw CAI's for the G35, saw some exhaust kits for around a grand, what else is available for basic bolt ons for the G's?
For the new '07 G sedan, you would need two CAIs since it has two airboxes. Not sure about the G coupe.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:06 AM
*moderator*

Gooooooooooooogle...
Old 10-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hmm.. not going to have to decide on this one... I'm just going to have them both in a few months.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:13 PM

Definitely can go wrong with either G35. However, I feel the coupe is a car so beautiful, it would be worth the switch. The '06 sedan is nice also but the '07 is supposed to be a beast. Nothing like a 13 second family hauler.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Gooooooooooooogle...
Thanks...wondering if anyone had any hand on experience...
Old 10-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Newbie just Registered

Thanks...wondering if anyone had any hand on experience...
Just about every bolt-ons for the coupe; several exhaust systems, intakes, headers, y-pipe only, superchargers, turbos. Then there're the internal stuff too. Less stuff for the sedan, but more than Maxima's.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:04 PM

I have done the intake, exhaust, y pipe and UD pulley for the max...just wondering if those systems would be available for the G35 and what the results were...I read the ads for the sedan coming with 306hp, wondering if the coupe will have it also or will that be an 08 option....
Old 10-27-2006, 12:54 PM

Get the G35!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:24 PM
2003SE

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx

I'm not impressed with the 07 G either.
There are many great cars out already that can compete.

Here is what Automobile Magazine had to say about the 07 G.

While the exterior and interior styling provide a good preview of the production cars, there is also a layer of show-car glitz here. Don't expect the LED headlights, the pop-up flush door handles, or the side-view cameras to make production. The Coupe Concept's paddle shifters will be a new feature on the next-generation G35, but we're less certain about some of the more exotic interior features, such as the full-length glass roof, the speakers integrated into the headrests, and the purple instrument lighting.

The car is not going to be as good as the shown concept. I think everyone knows that.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-27-2006, 01:26 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

FYI

http://www.nissannews.com/infi...shtml

Infiniti Announces Pricing on All-New 2007 G35 Sports Sedan [Oct. 27, 06]
- Base Model Pricing Unchanged; Most Popular Model and Trim Combination $700 Less Than Comparably Equipped Outgoing Model -
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (October 27, 2006) – Infiniti today announced pricing on the all-new, second-generation 2007 Infiniti G35 Sports Sedan, which is on sale now at Infiniti retailers nationwide. The 2007 G Sedan offers new exterior and interior designs, a more powerful standard 3.5-liter V6 engine now rated at 306 horsepower, a refined suspension design and a number of new standard luxury amenities – yet the base price remains exactly the same as the 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan base model.
The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the all-new 2007 Infiniti G35 starts at $31,450 for the rear-wheel drive V6-powered Infiniti G35 with 5-speed automatic; $31,900 for the Infiniti G35 Journey model with 5-speed automatic; $33,950 for the all-wheel drive Infiniti G35x AWD with 5-speed automatic transmission and Infiniti Intelligent All-Wheel Drive; $32,250 for the Infiniti G35 Sport 6MT equipped with a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission; and $33,450 for the Infiniti G35 Sport, featuring a 5-speed automatic transmission with solid magnesium paddle shifters.
The 2007 G35 Journey model with the optional Premium Package, which is projected as the most popular model/trim combination, is priced $700 less than the comparable 2006 model and includes the Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® Premium Audio System, 10-way power driver’s seat, Bi-Xenon headlights, and Intelligent Key with Push Button Start – features that were not available on the 2006 model.
“This all-new 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan adds the features our customers want, along with enhanced performance, technology and interior warmth – all wrapped in a stunning new exterior design.” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti. “The all-new G35 is an even greater consumer value than the first generation G, which is saying a lot.”
Available packages for the 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan include Premium Package, Technology Package, 4-Wheel Active Steer package, 18-inch Performance Tire and Wheel package, and Infiniti Navigation Package with touch screen, voice recognition, XM® NavTraffic™ with real-time traffic information and a 9.6 gigabyte Music Hard Drive. Options for the 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan include Satellite Radio (choice of XM® or Sirius), Sunroof, Rear Spoiler, and genuine African Rosewood Trim.
Pricing, specifications and option information can be found in the attachment.
About the 2007 G35 Sedan
The 2007 G35 Sedan receives an enhanced version of the award-winning VQ V6 engine series. Now entering its fourth generation, the new VQ35 3.5-liter V6 boasts a redesign of approximately 80% of its major parts. It now produces 306 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque. The new engine tuning strategy provides “Acceleration Swell,” which produces a more refined balance of quick acceleration that builds continuously to the engine’s horsepower peak for enhanced performance driving pleasure.
The 2007 G35 is built on an enhanced second-generation FM (Front Mid-ship) platform that positions the engine behind the front axle, allowing for an optimum front-to-rear weight balance that, along with the G’s long wheelbase and wider front and rear track, adds to its overall handling stability. The first-ever Infiniti 4-Wheel Active Steer system – optional on G35 Sport and G35 Sport 6MT – combines Infiniti’s Rear Active Steer with an all-new front active steer system which can vary the steering ratio based on vehicle dynamics.
The 2007 G35 Sedan’s interior and exterior styling has evolved, combining modern warmth and traditional Japanese design cues to distinguish the G’s luxury and performance attributes. The exterior is highlighted by the G’s long, wave-like hood, pushed back A-pillars and athletic stance.
The interior is designed to create a harmony between its dedicated driver’s cockpit and comfortable passenger space. The cabin features an available audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® Premium Audio System. Developed in conjunction with Bose, the system achieves its superior sound balance by placing 10-inch woofers in each of the front doors and incorporating double oversampling 24-bit 96Khz Burr Brownâ Digital-to-analog Converters. Sport models now feature front seat thigh extensions and power-adjustable torso and thigh bolsters for ultimate driver comfort and support.
The 2007 G35 Sedan remains a showcase for Infiniti’s technology and engineering leadership with the available advanced technologies that include RearView Monitor, touch-screen, Infiniti Navigation System with voice recognition, Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking, Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), Infiniti’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system - ATTESA E-TS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All Electronic Torque Split) - and 4-Wheel Active Steer. Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition comes standard on all 2007 G35 Sedan models. About Infiniti
Infiniti offers a full-line of luxury performance automobiles, including the G sports coupe and sedan, the M luxury performance sedan, FX premium crossover SUV, and the QX full-size luxury SUV. More information about Infiniti and its total ownership experience can be found at Infiniti.com
Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 AM

Look into the new G35 sedan. Completely redesigned, and has a newer generation version of the VQ motor: VQ35HR. dual intake, true dual exaust, amongst other things. 308HP stock under the new SAE standards. Not too shabby.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:08 AM

The new look of the G is soooooo nice.....I dont care what a magazine says. I have driven one and it is way nicer than the max...and I love the max...I've had 3 of them.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:49 PM

U R in luck ! There is a G-Coupe GT-R with twin-turbo on the way for $49grands. Also there are the Turbo Murano, Twin-Turbo Z and the Nissan GTR(2008). Next year will be the year of the Turbos.
false....

but anyway its been a while since i posted on this forum but this thread made me respond because I came from this forum with an 05 automatic maxima, and moved into an 06 g35 coupe 6 speed....size wise i miss the maxima...the room difference is crazy between the two. As far as perfomance goes the maxima was quick, but the g kills it. Ive ran 6 speed maximas as well to see if its cuz i had an auto and off the line i kill them. On the highway its a lil bit closer but i still pull. Handeling also goes to the g 120%. So it really depends on what your looking for in the car.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:29 PM
2003SE

Originally Posted by logik05se
false....

but anyway its been a while since i posted on this forum but this thread made me respond because I came from this forum with an 05 automatic maxima, and moved into an 06 g35 coupe 6 speed....size wise i miss the maxima...the room difference is crazy between the two. As far as perfomance goes the maxima was quick, but the g kills it. Ive ran 6 speed maximas as well to see if its cuz i had an auto and off the line i kill them. On the highway its a lil bit closer but i still pull. Handeling also goes to the g 120%. So it really depends on what your looking for in the car.
F.Y.I.

06 g35 is very nice.
I killed an 06 g35 coupe 6 speed with a 06 IS 350 6 speed on Long Island Expressway before Maurice AVE.
It felt sooooo good when I passed him 124 MPH. He was angry & powerless because after that he never caught up. I could see him in the rear view mirror struggling. I was just smiling.
I wish you were there to see it.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:39 PM
dot dot dot ...

So how's the pissing contest coming along? ...
Old 10-28-2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2003SE
F.Y.I.

06 g35 is very nice.
I killed an 06 g35 coupe 6 speed with a 06 IS 350 6 speed on Long Island Expressway before Maurice AVE.
It felt sooooo good when I passed him 124 MPH. He was angry & powerless because after that he never caught up. I could see him in the rear view mirror struggling. I was just smiling.
Try that again later this year on the new '07 G and let us know what happens.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2003SE
F.Y.I.

06 g35 is very nice.

yea but i was talking about maximas and g35's....not g35's and is350's......too bad those cars only come in automatic.

anyways i took my g35 for a 12 month lease so just when my lease is over the new coupe will just be coming out, then when i get that one i can pass is350 "6 speeds" like there standing still.

btw by the way you made that statement it doesnt sound liek that is350 "6 speed" was yours so thats even worse lol.

and read the reviews on those cars...there good for the straight line and nothing else.

Quick Reply: 06 max vs 06-07 G35 coupe