6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Which of your mods gets the most comments from bystanders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
I would say my Wheels and my system. The wheels may be for sale soon since I lost my wife on the 4th I may be getting rid of the maxima. I will not need to keep both cars.
Oh man, I am so truely sorry for your loss.

How long were you and your Sweetheart hitched? What caused the loss? How's the rest of your family coping?

Most importantly; Is there any form of help we can offer?
Old 01-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 4MySwee

How long were you and your Sweetheart hitched? What caused the loss? How's the rest of your family coping?

Here is a useful link....http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=505857

Chef
Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 PM

Chef,

Thank you immensely for the link. I read and sent a pm to Pearl. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as well. It offers the opportunity for us to grieve his loss with him and offer help. Without your boldness, this may have gone unnoticed and our efforts to help him through his healing, gone unanswered! Thank you thank you thank you,.... you and Pearl both!!! You are indeed a true gift to Marquise.

Although I live in SC, please let me know what else can be done from here!

Trish
Old 01-16-2007, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee

We have been married for 9 yrs and I lost her to a sudden brain hemerage. I THANK YOU all for your support. I have been on a emotional rollercoaster. I keep trying to find ways to keep from crying, yelling, and breaking down. So I have turned to my cars it is one thing that will keep me busy. I have to be strong becasue I have 2 childrren that depend on me to be dad as well as Mom now. But your thoughts and prayers are the greatest gift anyone could give me. I have a very strong faith in God and it will get me through.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Prayer it is! Kublkmax, I will pray for you and your family faithfully.
(Stated here so it can be printed for encouragement when needed),

Precious God,
We stand in the gap for Kublkmax, and his children. We ask for your precious comfort that only You can give. We ask for rest and serenity in this moment of unrest. Lord, you promise not to give us more than we can bear and right now, this feels and is massive and overwhelming. Please comfort and uphold this sweet, sweet family in your compassionate way that only you can operate in. Lastly God, we ask for a covering over this family. A covering of security and assuredness that has been shaken.
Thank you for his strength to share this burden via the internet, with complete strangers. Please cover Kublkmax, and give him the strength to ask for help when needed, and to turn away people when it gets to be too much. Surround him with people that offer just what he needs, when he needs it. Please give him complete rest at night and a vision for the following morning.

We ask for You to cover his children. What a confusing time this must be. Please comfort these precious Babies. Give them answers where questions exists. Seal generous memories of their mother in their minds, enough to last a lifetime. Touch them with your love. We know you hear their words before they are ever spoken.
We love you Jesus and thank you for Kublkmax and family and their impact on others around them for You,
In your service,
The Maxima Family (If I may be so bold)

I will pray for peace that passes all understanding, and for that calm stillness your sweet spirit craves in all of this unrest.

I am so very sorry about your loss. Allow yourself to grieve, don't cut yourself short. There's no perfect remedy for something this large, cut yourself some slack and don't be too harsh on yourself!

Swee
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM
NINE-time Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by KUBLKMAX
We have been married for 9 yrs and I lost her to a sudden brain hemerage. I THANK YOU all for your support. I have been on a emotional rollercoaster. I keep trying to find ways to keep from crying, yelling, and breaking down. So I have turned to my cars it is one thing that will keep me busy. I have to be strong becasue I have 2 childrren that depend on me to be dad as well as Mom now. But your thoughts and prayers are the greatest gift anyone could give me. I have a very strong faith in God and it will get me through.
I'm so sorry to learn of your loss. When my mom died, my dad also turned to cars to keep himself busy. Its not a replacement for a lost loved one, but the time my dad, brother and I spent working together on them (a '67 L71 Vette and a '53 Chevy pickup with a 283 V8 dropped in) was great for all of us. Your kids might be too young for the car thing, but if it helps give you a break now and then for yourself, you can be that much stronger for the kids.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:13 AM

My condolences KUBLKMAX. May God give you the strength you need for the future, for yourself and your family.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 AM

I use my Treo 700 via bluetooth

Originally Posted by Kross
Do you just pickup random WiFi signals while you're driving around...or are you using one of those wireless internet services from a cellular provider (Verizon, Sprint, etc.)?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:41 AM

KUBLKMAX, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Take strength in knowing that god has a plan for us all and she is now in a much better place. Be strong for your kids and let them know just how much they mean to you. Your wife lives on in your heart and I'm sure you'll feel her smile everytime your kids do smile at you. GOD BLESS
Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by hpric
I use my Treo 700 via bluetooth
Ah, gotcha.

I am debating whether I want to go the Car-PC route and not get a higher package in my soon-to-purchase Maxima, or if I should go the whole 9 yards with an SL-Elite package (2006) with navigation and all.

I don't suppose you would have any experience with the factory Bluetooth (just for normal phone/calling purposes).
Old 01-17-2007, 12:02 PM

The pc route is the only way to go in my opinion, so much BANG for the Buck. I believe my entire system cost me about $1300 and that's including a new headunit with DVD and usb port.

Mine didn't bring the factory bluetooth so I'm no help to you there
Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Big Drew

My next mod...

My first Mod to my 04 Max will be this weekend when I get Brembo front and rear rotors put on along with some Hawk HPS Brake pads.

I just moved to Scottsdale so I'm also getting some tint put on my car finally. I lived in RI so it was pretty much impossible to have on without getting pulled over.

My next additions will probably be Satellite Radio, Grill, 2 10" subs, and then Rims.

I wanted some advice from someone out there on mods too. I've never really been into mods on cars but since I've gotten my Max I've been wanting to really do something to it, but I don't want to go crazy, I just want to make it look nice and classy. I'm talking about adding wood grain to center console spot along with a new ****. I think the main thing that I really would love to do is to add a navi system to my car. I have no idea what to do or where to go to do look at all this stuff...

Currently, does anyone know where I can get a sick grill from?

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
*moderator*

First off welcome aboard!!!
Secondly, if I remember correctly Brembo doesn't make rotors for our cars? (someone please correct me on this if I am wrong) Just make sure you are getting what you are paying for that's all.

As for NAV, I personally like Pioneer. They have a new D3 coming out that is going to be sweet and cheap:
http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/v...388&highlight=

On the grill, I would go with the Active tuning S4.1 grill, not sure of your personal style but this one is sweet (and hopefully available)
http://www.activetuning.com/products...MX-04S4.1GRIL/

J
Old 01-17-2007, 11:32 PM

Sorry to hear that about your wife bro, just be strong man.