6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Undercover Loose - Stealership Refuses Repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Undercover Loose - Stealership Refuses Repair

Hey everyone,

The undercover under the bumper is loose and falling off, and the bolts are completely missing/gone. The stealership REFUSES to replace/repair because they say it is from my Fujita CAI. They have no proof, and that is complete b/s!

What can I do? And since we're on the stealership topic, when I roll my passenger window down, it makes a very loud, unpleasant noise (deep toned). I went to stealership 2-3 times about it, before & after tint, and the first time, before tint ,they said nothing was wrong. After tinting, I took it in for more warranty work, and then they said it was because of the tint. Took it in again, and they say the same exact thing. I am going to take it in again and make them fix it.

If they keep declining to fix that, then they will be buying a new set of Continentals on their loaner Altimas. Oops...oh well
Old 01-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Yo i was having similar window problems with my MAX and they lubed it and replaced rotor. problem fixed so far. i also have problems with struts, they fixed it in about 3 hours. Go to 46 Nissan in Totowa and ask for Tony Campos # 973-256-1200 ext. 1066
Old 01-15-2007, 04:02 PM
*moderator*

The undercoer is held on by a bunch of clips, just buy some and stick them in there. Or better yet just take it off. (I did because of my bumper and it hasn't affected anything)

Next thing you know your sunroof won't open and they will tell you that it's becuase your hair is too long!!! Stealerships suck!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by SMOKED_OUT
Yo i was having similar window problems with my MAX and they lubed it and replaced rotor. problem fixed so far. i also have problems with struts, they fixed it in about 3 hours. Go to 46 Nissan in Totowa and ask for Tony Campos # 973-256-1200 ext. 1066

You can also go to the NISSAN WORLD OF SPRINGFIELD wich is off route 22 u can google the phone number . i had my grill replaced no questions asked because it was bubbling up even though i never had my car serviced in there . they were pretty cool about it tehy overnight the replacement part and all . gl
Old 01-15-2007, 05:01 PM
GrandPa

The intake has nothing top do with bottom cover. I lost mine and received a new one from them. I they were having problems with them falling off now they have new screws to install them to the car. Call the Nissan 800 number.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree with jsmith, i had the unfortunate situation where tire tread was thrown into my lane and I ran it over, it was ripped off, but never replaced it because I have no issues with it off.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1stmax&lovinit
You can also go to the NISSAN WORLD OF SPRINGFIELD wich is off route 22 u can google the phone number . i had my grill replaced no questions asked because it was bubbling up even though i never had my car serviced in there . they were pretty cool about it tehy overnight the replacement part and all . gl

Do you think they would replace by Bubbling/Chipping/POS stock OEM grill as well?

Thank you all for the help. It's unfortunate that a stealership can blame a loose/hanging/screws missing from the undercover on my fujita cai..The only reason I want it fixed, is just to be safe with the Fujita, so I don't suck in any water at all.

I will call my stealership one more time. If not, I'll have to go to another.

Also - is are the chrome trims on the roof covered? Two of mine are fading already.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:57 AM

Sounds like your dealership is a bunch of douche-bags. Theres no way that undercover is broken as a result of your intake. I would suggest the following:
- Talk to the service manager
- Kick the service guy in the throat
- Or...try another dealership that isn't full of a bunch of worthless human beings
Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Defiant_Max04
Do you think they would replace by Bubbling/Chipping/POS stock OEM grill as well?

Also - is are the chrome trims on the roof covered? Two of mine are fading already.
I had my stick grill replaced with no problems.
Also some people have gotten the chrome trims replaced, I am going to try tomorrow...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

i just bought bunch of clips (5 were missing) and put them on. The time you waste fighting with these morons is not worth it. Just remember to get the right clips as the first time the service guy sold me the wrong ones. I went back and he told me to keep those and gave me a set of right ones. They are like $2.00 a piece so if you want to go back and forth for $10.00, be my guest. It takes whole 2 minutes to install it and you won't risk your stealership doing anything to your vehicle so that you come back for more. I just plain don't trust them.

As to the chrome trims, they are covered but last time somebody checked they were on backorder. If they still are just report the problem so that when they come in your car won't be past the warranty period.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

FSB- "ENGINE UNDERCOVER IS LOOSE AND/OR HANGING DOWN"

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB06-022.htm
Old 01-17-2007, 01:06 PM

Thank you VERY much for that (I believe TSB). Everytime I take my car in for free warranty work, I always give them the bulletin number and date. They cannot argue with me because of this now. I will print this out and make them replace it as well as:

Grill
Chrome Roof Strips
Plastic Piece in Shifter (Ruined)
Glove Box (not flush and a TSB)
Cup Holder Cover (does not open/close properly)

And that is about it. I always have a huge list everytime I take my car in. They are just little things, however, I want them all fixed.

Current Mileage: 35,157
Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Glove Box (not flush and a TSB)
Anybody has a link to this TSB or the Part # needed for the fix? Please help
Old 01-17-2007, 01:24 PM

After reading that FSB I see I don't have one on my car. Strange. No idea where the heck it went. Probably didn't get installed after work was done on the car some time way way back. Any ideas how much it costs?

CM
Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 PM

Mine were replaced under warranty.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Anybody has a link to this TSB or the Part # needed for the fix? Please help

-Glove Box Unproportioned and NOT flush (Service Bulletin Num : 04050, Date of Bulletin: APR 28, 2004)

My dealership is ordering me a brand new part free of charge. I am under 36k that may be why.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB04-050.htm
Old 01-17-2007, 02:08 PM

my glove box did not open correctly as well and they changed the whole unit.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mikeklas
FSB- "ENGINE UNDERCOVER IS LOOSE AND/OR HANGING DOWN"

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB06-022.htm
Scroll down to the bottom for the part number. I had this fixed 6 months ago. They replace the 5 front plastic clips with 5 screws. Any hardware screw with a holding clip behind will do. Lowered cars are more prone to this as the undercover will often rub on the concrete curbs.

If the dealer gives you a hard time, go somewhere else. I have to give my dealer Brown's Arlington, VA . I never have to argue.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

-Glove Box Unproportioned and NOT flush (Service Bulletin Num : 04050, Date of Bulletin: APR 28, 2004)

My dealership is ordering me a brand new part free of charge. I am under 36k that may be why.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB04-050.htm
I appreciate it DEFIANT. I had this info printed somewhere but misplaced it. Went to the dealer last weekend to explain and they guy looked at me like I was retarded. Lets see his face this weekend. I mean these guys should know these TSB by hard.

I can't stand untrained/not qualified employees.....and that goes for any business.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:25 PM

i want to change my rear spring but to make em hgher anny suggestions because i have a subwoofer
Old 02-16-2007, 06:31 PM

I had two windshields replaced late last year (August I believe). The second time the windshield was replaced, I requested that the new windshield company (Same company just different franchises) replace the chrome strips because they were bent by the earlier replacement. I called Nissan here and they said whenever they have to replace windshields on Max's, they go ahead and do the strips because they always bend.

Good thing too, because mine looked so lousy!

Swee