6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

6 gens' I need collective brain storming

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:53 PM

6 gens' I need collective brain storming

Not only do I want these horns I NEED these horns. The only problem I am having is finding where to locate them. The trunk I feel will lose alot of the obnoxiously loud noise. The pump and the air tank not a problem in the trunk but the horns should be outside of the car.
http://www.hornblasters.com/products...?item=3CB35LCC
For those of you that have not seen the videos.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...4f348f6998.htm
Old 01-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Get the conductors special. Face all 4 in front of the radiator? That SHOULD be possible.

I NEED these as well.
Right now I don't have $500 to dedicate for horns, but I'm buying 118 dB Hella Supertones, which basically go in place of our stock horns, and my friend is going to give me some Hella Air Horns (just red plastic ones which are VERY loud), in the meantime!

I'm also going to get a nice C/B Radio and a PA system for my max. I blew out one of my stock horns already, because no one knows how to drive, so, the horn stays down all the time.

I'm sure that hornblasters will wake these people up. They do have installation instructions on the site though. You obviously will nto need to put them on the roof, unless you want to, haha, but there are a good amount of spots.

You can put them (If I am correct) behind the front of the bumper, towards the rear of the car facing towards the front of the car, basically, anywhere there is room, you can place them.

I'd get them if I were you. I want them very badly. For now, I'll have to do with my Hella Supertones, and my Hella Air Horns.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:15 AM

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha....... that is some funny crap....

dude.... keep us informed, i wouldnt mind scarring the crap out of the neighborhood kids... LOL
Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

To each his own, but it would be good for kicks!!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:52 AM
GrandPa

They should fit in the grille area. I have air horns there.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:04 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

this sh-t is awesome. Good for waking people up or ending their cell phone conversation with a little shock
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM

The problem with the horns are that they are long and wide. They measure 17" L x 10" W x 8" H which is huge trying to fit in an engine bay. I contacted them by email and asked if possible to take apart for mounting but they did not advise doing that.
I did not think about behind the grill that seems possible if I can atleast remove the small horn or even buy an intake because they are usually smaller than oem intake.
The biggest problem is the 17"x10", damn that is big.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:19 AM
KC's FINEST

Just mount them behind the grille facing left to right. One in each direction will make your point very clearly. I thought about doing this too, not needed, but would be amusing.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:47 PM

are you kidding

Instead of the horn, just buy a train engine instead, because I think if anyone is willing to spend $329 for a f#$%ing horn is loaded or "loaded". I can see it now, i roll up to the garage for my wife to help with some groceries, yes I shop too, and alas, she does not show up to help because she had a f%^#in heart attack. Many other fun things to spend my money on, but hope you like it when you get it.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:56 PM

I actually bought the big set for my buddies truck which had plenty of room to mount. I wanted to see if they actually sounded like that and not just some marketing tricks. OH YEAH they are great.
BUT...
There are cats on here spending mucho dinero on stuff for there car, why not some horns. I do not see the need for a pc/car radio but what the hey if they like it then go for it. I would not call it being "loaded" more than I would say having priority concerns. I choose to spend the money on the horns rather than an intake which may, may add 8hp. Once again if you have an intake nothing personnal, I understand the need for speed. Hell I have a gsxr and a stage 3 wrx, oh yeah the Lexus is 300 is not any faster than the Maxy if anybody cares.
Sorry for venting but just looking for a spot to mount my horns.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

You need it, got the money for it, GO FOR IT? As to where to mount it?