6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Rims!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by SEGirl
Hey guys any of you know any website where to get lightweight rims 19" or 20"?????
19" NISMOS by Rays are lightweight. you can get a set on ebay for about $1500 plus S&H
Old 02-04-2007, 06:30 PM

can't find them by Rays???? i only saw this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...spagenameZWD1V
Old 02-05-2007, 06:09 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Yeah, I just searched and they are currently not listed. To find them I usually type - 19" nismo

Here is a picture standing

And here is one rollin'

Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by mixshows
Perfect match, the rest are too small or WAYYY to big
Old 02-05-2007, 07:21 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by gtr_rider
Perfect match, the rest are too small or WAYYY to big
Yeah, these are awesome.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:44 AM

I mean damn with all of the technology and advances in the auto industry no one can find a resolution to bigger tires with a softer ride... I mean obviously if you are driving in an SL with a softer suspension you dont wanna convert to a rough ride but if you rolling in a fly SE with 22's the ride should match the stock tires dont you think. Im thinkin about gettin 22's also.. but will that require lifts in the front and/or back, or no lifts at all? I do notice that the back of the car seems a lil lower than the front, maybe cuz im on a slight incline. Anyway what would be the best 22'' tires to get for the Max?:attention
Old 02-09-2007, 06:48 AM

Straight Tight!!!

[QUOTE=The Presence]I agree that the Cadillac Cts grill is different, but when I'm done with fiberglass work, it will not have a emblem @ all. It's still in the making, what your viewing now is only temporary. Yes! The bumper is O.E.M, took only 2 days with some goofy off to complete, but other then that it turn out great. Sheet metal, rivets, fiberglass and bondo did the trick.
QUOTE]

that is so fly what you are doing. I like that.. really creative...
Old 02-09-2007, 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=Propa Teknique]
Originally Posted by The Presence
I agree that the Cadillac Cts grill is different, but when I'm done with fiberglass work, it will not have a emblem @ all. It's still in the making, what your viewing now is only temporary. Yes! The bumper is O.E.M, took only 2 days with some goofy off to complete, but other then that it turn out great. Sheet metal, rivets, fiberglass and bondo did the trick.
QUOTE]

that is so fly what you are doing. I like that.. really creative...
Propa Teknique! I appreciate the reply/compliment, being unique is a great thing. Can't wait to show you guys my custom side view mirrors and shaved/custom L.E.D tail lights. One of the guys from 6thgenmaxima.org photo shop me a great pic today on how it's going to appear, but with two 4 inch super bright L.E.D diodes. Check it out below

Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=The Presence]
Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
Propa Teknique! I appreciate the reply/compliment, being unique is a great thing. Can't wait to show you guys my custom side view mirrors and shaved/custom L.E.D tail lights. One of the guys from 6thgenmaxima.org photo shop me a great pic today on how it's going to appear, but with two 4 inch super bright L.E.D diodes. Check it out below

No problem pimpin.. Uniqueniss and Individuality is a necessary for me. The tail lights are really tight, too. I like the way you dont limit yourself to simply Maxima-only products/items... You utilize your mind as a vessel to kind of 'paint' what you want on your car. For example the CTS-inspired grille & the Cobalt-inspired lights... many people wouldnt dare try something that wasnt Maxima compatible. Good Job!!

Also, since you do have 22's, is the ride really that bad even on smooth roads or like the interstate? I live in a very small town, hardly any bumps or anything like that and plenty of interstate that connects me to other big cities. I understand that after a while the car will be damaged, but from your experience is it worth it?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cummings
Everybody said the same thing when trends switched from 14's to 16's to 18's to 20' and finally to 22's. If you want them get them. 22's are entirely to gaudy for me. I personally think they only look good on SUV's and american cars with some candy paint. Im from the hood. I paid for my rims with str8 cash. But what does financing rims have to do with being lower class? I was in best buy today and a guy was financing a tv that was half the price of most rims. Is he poor...i think the man just wanted a tv.
DAMN! What is the color of your whip? That color is sooo fresh!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by whitem1ke88
Just proved my point.
WHEN GETTING 22'S, DO YOU NEED TO GET YOUR CAR LIFTED? WHEN GETTING 20'S DOES IT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO LOWER YOUR CAR? WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST OUT?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:54 PM

WHEN GETTING 22'S, DO YOU NEED TO GET YOUR CAR LIFTED? WHEN GETTING 20'S DOES IT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO LOWER YOUR CAR? WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST OUT?
Propa Teknique! Thanks for your input/compliments bra, your a really cool dude. An to be completely honest with ya, the 22s ride great on interstate, side roads, etc......... I was so skeptical @ first, but after doing tons of research on the suspension,springs, brakes, performance rotors and a few more upgrades to assure that the ride was 100% satisfactory. At that point I went all out, an purchased the 22x8 chrome wheels, which in my opinion is the best way to go. It sits completely inside the wheel well like factory, NO! Flaring or modifying of the fenders @ all, you could drop the car 3 inches and it would'nt scrap or touch the fenders @ all. My eibach lowering springs arrived last week, so I'll post pics of the 2 inch drop in the front and 0.8 drop in the rear. When you put the 22's on, there's NO! lifting required @ all, you actually have a huge gap space in between the tires an fenders. An TRUST me you'll want to drop it! Any other info needed just holla back @ me bra.............

Old 02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
*moderator*

You WILL want to lower your car either way, the gap in the front is nasty!!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
You WILL want to lower your car either way, the gap in the front is nasty!!
Damn right!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:29 AM

I too want to look into getting some nice 20's. All the pics help alot. Those 22's look huge!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by RidinDirty
I too want to look into getting some nice 20's. All the pics help alot. Those 22's look huge!
RidinDirty! With all do respect, WHERE do they look huge? They sit in the wheel well just like the factory 18s. An there's a huge 3 inch gap space in the front, an maybe a inch in the rear. But, HAY! I've had over 4 sets of 20s on my cars in the past, so I'm not knocking 20s @ all. It's just that wheel well of our maximas are huge and filling in the space with a decent size wheel looks good. There's several guys around my part of town, with maximas drop really low, just so that they can fill in that wheel well space. And the ride is harsh man, not to mention the pricey repairs for mounts, struts, etc...................... Dude, the 22s aren't to say HAY! Look @ me BLING BLING over here, I'm truly trying capture a great concept appearance for personal preference. Uniqueness is a beautiful thing, plus I don't want my maxima looking like ever maxima you see diving down the street, break the status-quo.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:12 AM

Wow.... surprised at the ignorance in this thread.

As stated over and over..... it's personal preference.

Personally, I feel 22s fit the big max most perfectly. 20s lowered look good as well, but especially with a black car and wheels, does appear a lot smaller.

That's just my taste....

Had we been talkin about the Altima, i'd be saying the 20s are perfect, and 19s are ok.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:27 AM

Propa Teknique! Thanks for your input/compliments bra, your a really cool dude. An to be completely honest with ya, the 22s ride great on interstate, side roads, etc......... I was so skeptical @ first, but after doing tons of research on the suspension,springs, brakes, performance rotors and a few more upgrades to assure that the ride was 100% satisfactory. At that point I went all out, an purchased the 22x8 chrome wheels, which in my opinion is the best way to go. It sits completely inside the wheel well like factory, NO! Flaring or modifying of the fenders @ all, you could drop the car 3 inches and it would'nt scrap or touch the fenders @ all. My eibach lowering springs arrived last week, so I'll post pics of the 2 inch drop in the front and 0.8 drop in the rear. When you put the 22's on, there's NO! lifting required @ all, you actually have a huge gap space in between the tires an fenders. An TRUST me you'll want to drop it! Any other info needed just holla back @ me bra.............

Dude no problem just pointing out talent when I see it... Good lookin out though. I'm gonna go with the 22's and start my mods soon. Cant wait to see
the drop though, I know its gonna xtra nasty!! Anyway be kool! Thanks for the info!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

IMO, I think 20's look the best on the Max ONLY if brakes are upgraded too (like JSmiths ride,for example-well done), but for me here in CT w/ awful roads full of potholes to look out for, I had to stick w/18's so I can have more tire (255/45 on 18 X 8.5 that weigh only 20lbs.each, 46lbs.w/tire). I'm glad I did bc the lighter, wider wheels and tires, in combo w/ Progress springs & RSB, make this car handle 10X better than stock so no regrets here.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by SMOKIN'MAX
IMO, I think 20's look the best on the Max ONLY if brakes are upgraded too (like JSmiths ride,for example-well done), but for me here in CT w/ awful roads full of potholes to look out for, I had to stick w/18's so I can have more tire (255/45 on 18 X 8.5 that weigh only 20lbs.each, 46lbs.w/tire). I'm glad I did bc the lighter, wider wheels and tires, in combo w/ Progress springs & RSB, make this car handle 10X better than stock so no regrets here.

Hay! I agree with ya 100%, if the area I reside in had alot of complicating terrain, I wouldn't dare attempt to ride around on 20s or larger. Matter of fact I really consider 20s @ one point for the maxima so that I could go with a much wider rim and tire, like 20x10 in the rear;and 20x9 in the front. Later!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:34 AM

RidinDirty! With all do respect, WHERE do they look huge? They sit in the wheel well just like the factory 18s. An there's a huge 3 inch gap space in the front, an maybe a inch in the rear. But, HAY! I've had over 4 sets of 20s on my cars in the past, so I'm not knocking 20s @ all. It's just that wheel well of our maximas are huge and filling in the space with a decent size wheel looks good. There's several guys around my part of town, with maximas drop really low, just so that they can fill in that wheel well space. And the ride is harsh man, not to mention the pricey repairs for mounts, struts, etc...................... Dude, the 22s aren't to say HAY! Look @ me BLING BLING over here, I'm truly trying capture a great concept appearance for personal preference. Uniqueness is a beautiful thing, plus I don't want my maxima looking like ever maxima you see diving down the street, break the status-quo.

Not tryin to diss the ride at all. I was just saying huge, cuz to me they look huge. I'm just not use to seeing 22's on a Maxima yet. Probably in a short time, 22's will just look like the norm.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
Wow.... surprised at the ignorance in this thread.

As stated over and over..... it's personal preference.

Personally, I feel 22s fit the big max most perfectly. 20s lowered look good as well, but especially with a black car and wheels, does appear a lot smaller.

That's just my taste....

Had we been talkin about the Altima, i'd be saying the 20s are perfect, and 19s are ok.
Omarelous! What's up? Understand completely about the "Personal Preference" statement. Matter of fact rims & tires on a car in general, look fine to me. I mean HAY! That's what gets you to point A & B everyday. It's great that we all have options/choices though. An I truly think there's more curiousity then ignorance in this thread, because everyone has an opinion which is great. OH! Before I forget do you have any pics of your ride, would love to see a few.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by RidinDirty
No! Disrespect @ all bro, I was honestly just curious about the comment of them looking "HUGE", because sometimes they come across smaller looking. I know that sounds funny, but at some angles they feel like 20s. That's why i'm dropping her this week, 2.0 inches in the front and 0.8 in the rear.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:14 PM

No! Disrespect @ all bro, I was honestly just curious about the comment of them looking "HUGE", because sometimes they come across smaller looking. I know that sounds funny, but at some angles they feel like 20s. That's why i'm dropping her this week, 2.0 inches in the front and 0.8 in the rear.

HOW COME ON THE CHARGER U CAN ZOOM ON 24'S BUT THE WHEEL SPACES WHERE THE WHEELS ARE LOOK THE SAME AS THE MAXES IF NOW SMALLER AND PEOPLE DONT LIKE THE 22'S ON THE MAXIMA...
Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Great info!

This thread has taken a turn for the better. I am learning a lot about some viable options for wheel upgrade. Sorry to be un-informed, as I have been searching around - but on the OEM 17" wheels can anyone tell me the width? 7"? 7.5"?

Due to the road conditions around here, I am pretty set on 20" wheels with a 1.7 to 2" drop in the front, and no more than 1". in the back. I would like to have some girth to the new wheels, what would you guys recommend as far as rim/tire widths to get that wide footprint "flush" look?

I like this rim http://www.wheelsbymbmotoring.com/mbVapor.php but I want to get something in HyperSilver, can anyone recommend a wheel with a similar look in that finish?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:12 PM

Nice - Let us know when the drop is in. See how much them 22's tuck.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:13 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Smoke_Screen
Due to the road conditions around here, I am pretty set on 20" wheels with a 1.7 to 2" drop in the front, and no more than 1". in the back. I would like to have some girth to the new wheels, what would you guys recommend as far as rim/tire widths to get that wide footprint "flush" look?
I am running 20x8.5 & 245/35/20, some guys have gone with 255 but if I remember correctly had some problems with rubbing.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't yet verified what wheel width range we're talking about here. Should I be looking at 7.5" wide wheels?

So - you think it would be safe to get 245/35/20's even if I plan on eventually dropping the car with the cattman progress springs and some new struts/shocks?

I'd like to go as wide as possible, perhaps even getting some 255's for now, then when I need tires, doing the drop and slimming down to 245 width tires.

-thoughts?
Old 02-12-2007, 06:55 PM

Here are some pics of my 22's dropped on Eibachs so you can get an idea of how yours will sit.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Oh BTW nice ride Presence!!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:05 PM

^^Cool, those 22's actually look pretty good. They don't look too too big and they're 22's. Nice pic
Old 02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Why 20's I dont understand....

Why follow suite with everyone else that is caught up in the hype of 20's.. I want to get 19's for mine. There are a lot less 19's on the road than 20's... In my line of thinking I like to be the person that stands out over everyone else.. I dont know anyone with 19's on a Max.. My boy has them on his Accord well it doesn't look like an Accord anymore but that **** is sweet.... Well just a thought.. Keep rollin dog...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Theres tons of people here with 19s on a max, im one of them.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

UNFADEABLEMAX,

Your ride looks awesome. That has got to be the best use off 22's I have seen to date. Wow!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:07 PM

Im on 18s . .woohooo. No one beats me out of the hole!!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by N/A Six Speed
Why follow suite with everyone else that is caught up in the hype of 20's.. I want to get 19's for mine. There are a lot less 19's on the road than 20's... In my line of thinking I like to be the person that stands out over everyone else.. I dont know anyone with 19's on a Max.. My boy has them on his Accord well it doesn't look like an Accord anymore but that **** is sweet.... Well just a thought.. Keep rollin dog...
I think many peeps don't roll on 19's cuz of the cost of tires. 18's and 20's are more of a common size so tire prices for them are more bearable. By common I dont mean everyone has them rather most car manufacturers use those sizes.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:23 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

I bought 18" rims because I purchased brand new set of rubber 2 months before. If I was doing it now, I would have went for 19"

20", 22" is proly unbereable in NY with dropped suspension.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by UNFADEABLE MAX
Here are some pics of my 22's dropped on Eibachs so you can get an idea of how yours will sit.

Thanks! UNFADEABLE MAX, your Max looks spectacular bra, definitely a clean/smooth appearance with those 22s. Truly, an awesome ride man. Keep us all updated with any new mods and pics in the near future.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by N/A Six Speed
The word on the street is that the 19" tires will cost more than a 20" due to the relatively few 19" rims out there. I did a quick check and the 20" tires seem to run about 10% less than the same tire in 19". May be worth getting a 20" rim and tire combo.

CM
Old 02-13-2007, 02:51 PM

ehh, I paid about 1200 for my wheel and tire setup. There are 19" tires that can be found for less than 20" tires but for the most part they tend to be a lil more.

Quick Reply: Rims!