6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

SAT radio antenna

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:44 PM

SAT radio antenna

I read the 07's are prewired for SAT radio, does anyone know what this includes? Is the antenna wired into the rear window like the NAV is? Is it the same antenna? Assuming it is, what else do I need to add SAT to my car?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM

No.

If you want to integrate satellite radio into the factory system, you have to have the Bose stereo with the 6-disc changer. If you don't have the Bose, you'll have to go with an aftermarket receiver.

Assuming you have the Bose, you can either install it yourself, or go to the dealer to do it. I chose to go to the dealer, and it cost me about $500. (about 300 for the equipment and 200 for the labor) I could have installed it, I just didn't want to mess with it. The parts can be had much cheaper on the internet (wish I had known this ahead of time), and I've heard that the install is relatively easy.

Good luck, no matter what route you choose
Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 PM

...unless, of course, you have the NAV system. In that case, I think you just have to add either the Sirius or XM module, but I'm not sure about that.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:42 PM

I have the BOSE 6 disc CD changer and NAV. So I was wondering if the NAV antenna is the same one they use for the SAT radio? So I would only need to buy the adapter and not mess with the antenna.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ladams02
I have the BOSE 6 disc CD changer and NAV. So I was wondering if the NAV antenna is the same one they use for the SAT radio? So I would only need to buy the adapter and not mess with the antenna.
Yes, in that case, you're set. It does use the same antenna that the NAV uses. I don't know anything about pricing for the satellite radio as far as NAV is concerned, so maybe someone else here will.

Mine doesn't have the NAV
Old 02-26-2007, 10:37 PM

i have an 05 SL and I was quoted over 500.00 bucks for parts and labor. There are some posts here on the org that detail how to do it yourself. Its pretty easy and I plan on doing it in the near future.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 PM

Ya I'm definetely gonna do it myself. I was just curious about the factory NAV antenna working with the satellite radio as well. Any idea where to find the Sirius adapter that will plug into the wire thats already running into the trunk I assume?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:39 PM

hey bro, if you want to do it yourself shoot me a PM with your email. I have the step by step guide on how to install the SAT unit.

do some shopping online for better prices.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=999U9-SRBK2
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=999U9-SRRFA
Old 02-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Or check these guys out. I bought my stuff here, and installed myself no problem. I'm not sure however about your antenna, but if I had to make an educational guess ( I am edgamacated), I'd say that the nav antenna and the sat antenna are different. The new tuner your going to be getting needs it's own antenna feed to it and I don't think that one is hanging in the trunk fo it. The wiring harness for the HU is there but antenna no. Unless of course your car came SAT ready, as in fully wired. I wanted mine to be, but none on the lot so I let that option go. The way I understand it though is that there is an option to have enverything pre-installed from factory ready to be turned on., but then again, I'd also think you;d have the free trial for 3 months or so too, so would actually know if you had it of not. Good luck and sorry so winded..
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 PM

So I finally broke down and just ordered the Sirius receiver/antenna, with the amount of time I spend in my car I just can't deal with regular radio, so for those who installed it yourself, I have the 6 disc/Bose and Nav and my car is SAT ready so how easy is it, isn't their a plug in the truck for the antenna, where does the receiver go,

edit: whats the deal when it's installed do I just call Sirius and give them a code and Im good
Old 03-06-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
So I finally broke down and just ordered the Sirius receiver/antenna, with the amount of time I spend in my car I just can't deal with regular radio, so for those who installed it yourself, I have the 6 disc/Bose and Nav and my car is SAT ready so how easy is it, isn't their a plug in the truck for the antenna, where does the receiver go,

edit: whats the deal when it's installed do I just call Sirius and give them a code and Im good
I don't know anything about the install, but the activation is pretty straightforward. Your radio will display your radio's ID number, and you just call Sirius with that info. It activates immediately.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:38 PM

thanks, on sirius.com it looks pretty straightforward
Old 03-06-2007, 06:17 PM

thanks, on sirius.com it looks pretty straightforward
No problemo
Old 03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just foolow the instruction for the install. It's pretty straight forward. The new tuner that you just bought will be mounted in the truck and attach to a prewired connector. The antenna simply plugs straight into new tuner. Viola, done...Call siruis and activate. Oh, take down the serial number (or whatever they call it) before you mount the tuner. It'll be much easier!!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by VinneousMaximus
Just foolow the instruction for the install. It's pretty straight forward. The new tuner that you just bought will be mounted in the truck and attach to a prewired connector. The antenna simply plugs straight into new tuner. Viola, done...Call siruis and activate. Oh, take down the serial number (or whatever they call it) before you mount the tuner. It'll be much easier!!
No need to copy it down, it will show up on the radio display once the receiver is installed.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:44 PM

Sorry to ask again, but I just want to be clear. With an 07 the NAV antenna is the same antenna SAT uses? So with the NAV installed the only thing I need to access SAT radio is the tuner kit (http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=999U9-SRBK2) and then the subscription from Sirius?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:47 PM

Sorry to ask again, but I just want to be clear. With an 07 the NAV antenna is the same antenna SAT uses? So with the NAV installed the only thing I need to access SAT radio is the tuner kit (http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=999U9-SRBK2) and then the subscription from Sirius?
you need the receiver and the antenna, NAV antenna is different then SAT antenna, SAT antenna is the black peace you see on the rear of everyones roof right infront of the glass
Old 03-08-2007, 03:58 PM

you need the receiver and the antenna, NAV antenna is different then SAT antenna, SAT antenna is the black peace you see on the rear of everyones roof right infront of the glass
Ahh I don't want to mount an antenna on my roof. Has anyone had any sound QA / performance issues with the antenna sitting on the rear deck? Any other crafty ideas?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM

My wife got me a sirius receiver for X-mas '05. I had run the antenna thru the trunk up to the roof which was ugly and a pain so I finally put the antenna thru the sunroof. Now this thread is giving me hope that I can eliminate the external antenna in my '07 because I have Nav...is this true? If so, how? I'm challenged technologically!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:43 PM

ladams02

I had the antenna on the rear deck for a while, and the signal was poor!
Old 03-09-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm also wondering if I can plug the sirius into the "aux" port in the '07?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have an 2004 MAxima SE Prewired for Satelite radio and have the Bose 6 Cd and NAV on my car and nissan told me that the NAV antenna will not work on the FACtory Siruis installation I bought both things new so Need help how to route the antenna on the Rear glass only. I can connect eveything by myself.

Does anyone have a Idea how to route the antenna for good reception.?

Thanks,

Augie

Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
hey bro, if you want to do it yourself shoot me a PM with your email. I have the step by step guide on how to install the SAT unit.

do some shopping online for better prices.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=999U9-SRBK2
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=999U9-SRRFA
Can you help me how to install the Siruis Factory Antenna for Nissan on my 04 Maxima I got it for 100.00 and the tuner for 120.00 Brand New Im also Factory Pre-Wired for Sat Radio and Have the Bose 6 Cd and NAV radio

Thanks,