6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Service? or Scam Artists?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:33 AM

Service? or Scam Artists?

Ok here's the beginning of a long swirvy, bumpy, and horrible road that i've been down with LEGEND Nissan Service over the last 3 1/2 months.

1st Service - Brought vehicle in with complaint of noise coming from front end, vibration from front end and CD player skipping. 22000 miles

Nissan replaced front struts to resolve issue and aligned vehicle. Advised me that they would not address issue with front end vibration until I replaced the ever so defective Goodyear RSA's with uneven wear and cracks in the sidewalls. Performed some recalls. Ordered CD player. NOISE STILL THERE!!

2nd Service - Brought car back to service for CD player install and advised service advisor that the noise was still there(front end - Left) and after the rear subframe recall, the rear is making noise. Also advised that after last service steering wheel was crooked and there was still a vibration on the front end after replacing all 4 Goodyears with Coopers.

Nissan installed CD player, replaced a strut mount that was making "the noise" and tightened something on the rear end that was causing the rear end noise.
Nissan advised me to take the car back to where I got the tires from to have the rebalanced. Front end NOISE STILL THERE!!

3rd Service - Brought car back to service with complaint of noise and advised of the vibration that was still on the front end.

Nissan replaced front struts "AGAIN" and told me that I needed to pay for ROAD FORCE balancing. Drove car alone and duplicated noise. Went back to service and drove with technician and tech heard the noise as well. Service ordered a set of springs for vehicle. Nissan also aligned vehicle and after this alignment, the vehicle now hops when hitting bumps while driving. Nissan advised me that their alignment machine was broken and they would need to realign the vehicle again after it was fixed. Front end NOISE STILL THERE!!!

4th Service - Brought car back for spring installation and advised service advisor of hopping issue.

Nissan replaced front springs and performed alignment on vehicle. Noise still there and vehicle is still hopping when hitting bumps. Service advisor tells me that they could not duplicate hopping. I returned to Nissan a few days later and drove car with tech. Tech was able to duplicate issue (Toe needed to be adjusted).

I'll save the 5th and 6th service attempts and just give a synopsis at this point.

Nissan of North America was useless as they tracked the issue to no avail. Nothing was ever done to assist me in getting my vehicle fixed. It seemed all they wanted to do was defend the dealership and tell me that I was driving my car wrong.

My vehicle has had 3 strut replacements, 1 spring replacement, 4 alignments, and a front tie bar replacement. (From what I can remember)

The last time I took the car in, They adjusted the toe on the vehicle, then wrote the service order stating that the wire I ran from the battery for my speaker system and the harness I installed to hold the system down were the cause for the noises and the alignment issue.

I have paperwork that states that techs were never able to duplicate the issue, yet on the same piece of paper it shows three sets of parts replaced to resolve the noise. It apparently is a piece of paper I wasn't supposed to have. It was the Tech-line assistance form and I had a manager at Nissan North America tell me that the piece of paper meant nothing.

Nissan of North America also defended the dealership stating "YOU MODIFIED THE VEHICLE!!!"

Needless to say, I still have these issues with my vehicle, the noise on the front end and the toe being out of wack.

I really love my Max and while i'm contemplating getting rid of her, I need to reach out to you guys for assistance and some advice as to what I should do.

My options are the following :

Take vehicle to 3rd party mechanic and pay for the repairs.

Keep fighting Nissan, with my time being at a high costs, and possibly get them to fix the issue.

Lastly call it a wrap and sell the Maxima and replace it with something else.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:14 AM

Report the issue to the BBB and the NHTSB (?)....Nissan KNOWS these problems can and have existed in the past. This is their way of passing the buck.

I haven't had the Shimmy/Rear Subframe recall that you have had. I have heard of the RoadForce Balance being the way to go!

Waiting for those who have dealt with this come foreward.

Maybe go and fuss at another dealership? Also, is Nissan trying to avoid dealing with this because they might have to face the Lemon Law in your state, being that your car has been in repetitively for the same issue?

Did your 'modification' have anything to do with any of these problems?

Swee
Old 03-12-2007, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Report the issue to the BBB and the NHTSB (?)....Nissan KNOWS these problems can and have existed in the past. This is their way of passing the buck.

I haven't had the Shimmy/Rear Subframe recall that you have had. I have heard of the RoadForce Balance being the way to go!

Waiting for those who have dealt with this come foreward.

Maybe go and fuss at another dealership? Also, is Nissan trying to avoid dealing with this because they might have to face the Lemon Law in your state, being that your car has been in repetitively for the same issue?

Did your 'modification' have anything to do with any of these problems?

Swee
No, my modification has nothing to do with these problems and they are just passing the buck. I installed a power cable to go to the amp in the back and mounted a ratchet strap to hold down the box. None of this relates to the alignment or the noise coming from the front end. They failed to service the car correctly 6x before they even mentioned the modifications. They've even seen the box in the trunk and said not a word while replacing parts.

GRRRRR
Old 03-12-2007, 06:41 AM

wow.............a sub that effects the alignment of the vehicle? What's next, "oh, I'm sorry sir, but your after-market RSB is making the sidewalls in the RSA's crack?!" those f'ing

Find a good place that friends or family refer to and just go to that hop for vehicle issues, that's what I do.

Right now I am thinking about draining my trans fluid and dropping the pan to clean the magnetic filters...there is no way in hell I'd give this job to a stealership, I've heard to may stories that after a "transmission flush," the person's tranny gave out a week later...............

Either way, good luck and sorry to hear that you might not be able to take full advantage of the powerful Maxima.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by thecritik
Keep fighting Nissan, with my time being at a high costs, and possibly get them to fix the issue.
Good luck with that... The only way to make a point is to hit them where it hurts. Don't buy another Nissan/Infiniti product. I know I'm not.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 AM
GrandPa

Its time for the lemon law. Get a lawyer.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Sounds like you could easily qualify for a lemon lawsuit if you wanted to. In most states, the dealership has to make 4 unsuccessful attempts at fixing the issue before you qualify. That is complete BS that they want to blame it on your power cable. They're obviously out of ideas. When you call Nissan Customer Affairs, what exactly do they tell you? They should offer to send one of their regional advanced techs to look at it.

You could also try taking it to a different dealership. Your warranty should apply there.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by clayman88
Sounds like you could easily qualify for a lemon lawsuit if you wanted to. In most states, the dealership has to make 4 unsuccessful attempts at fixing the issue before you qualify. That is complete BS that they want to blame it on your power cable. They're obviously out of ideas. When you call Nissan Customer Affairs, what exactly do they tell you? They should offer to send one of their regional advanced techs to look at it.

You could also try taking it to a different dealership. Your warranty should apply there.
Ive read up on the Lemon Law and it looks like im past that period of time where I can apply the Lemon law. The NYS lemon law states 24 months or 18,000 miles. I currently have 25,000 on the vehicle and if the dealership cannot duplicate the issue, from what they're telling me, how am I supposed to prove there is one. I'm so fed up and frustrated with Nissan corporate and their dealerships. I've taken it to another dealer in the past and I was told there was nothing wrong with the vehicle as well. I feel I'm at a loss but I really don't want to get rid of my MAXX!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 PM
jpar994

Ahh HA Lemon Law was read incorretly from you and I reccomend getting a lawyer. If the vehicle is still under the MAnufactures warranty then the milage and time expires at that point. I know I am in current dealings with Nissan about my pathfinder, they offered us a buyback but I was losing so much money that I rather take them to court! I also am sure the ppl at Lemonlaw.com can help you Ask for Amy *** she is pretty good at what she does!

Old 03-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Went back to service and drove with technician and tech heard the noise as well.
I currently have 25,000 on the vehicle and if the dealership cannot duplicate the issue, from what they're telling me, how am I supposed to prove there is one.
Which is it? If the tech heard it, the problem exists & they must fix it.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by clayman88
Which is it? If the tech heard it, the problem exists & they must fix it.
Heh that's funny because that's what I would think. I've driven the car with a tech and he's heard the noise, then i've rescheduled service, took the car in and they've done repairs, then the service advisor has looked me right in the face and said, we didn't find a problem. I mean this guy has blatently looked me right in the face and lied straight out. They hand me a repair order saying some crap like, air pressures inconsistent, or modifications to vehicle. I'm looking at him going WOW!!!! I've managed service centers for a major computer company and if I would've done that to a client, I would've probably lost my job. It seems these guys have some sort of blank check of BS they're allowed to write. I mean how many times am I supposed to take the car there before I get pissed.

The cashier made a copy of the tech-line assistance form which they were required to fill out by Nissan Corporate and on the form it says, "UNABLE TO DUPLICATE ISSUE" then on the bottom they list 3 sets of parts they replace in order to repair one of the issues.

So to answer your question, the tech did hear the noise, but apparently the service advisor has his own agenda.

I've filed a complaint with the BBB and hopefully I will have the car looked at by someone HONEST that will be able to verify these issues.

It's not so much the point that they haven't fixed the vehicle at this point, I'm even ready to come out of my pocket to have it fixed, but more the point of the lying and the NON-Assistance given by corporate.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Trust 4MySwee.... BBB!!!!!! They are your friends!!

I'd let Nissan know if you can't get their cooperation, your going to BBB.

BBB got my gf's phone contract shortened by a year, AND gave her 2 free months of service, cause sprint = ****!
Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
Trust 4MySwee.... BBB!!!!!! They are your friends!!

I'd let Nissan know if you can't get their cooperation, your going to BBB.

BBB got my gf's phone contract shortened by a year, AND gave her 2 free months of service, cause sprint = ****!
Thanks for the vote of confidence Omarvelous!

I know there is also a transportation board that you can contact to help get situations like this resolved. They will bring it to the light if Nissan doesn't. I thought it was the NHSTA or the NHSTB. (Sorry about the vagueness).

Good Luck, these cars really are awesome.

Swee
Old 03-13-2007, 07:45 AM

Similar situation with my 04' Maxima. I've taken my Maxima in for repair about 4 times, all for the same problem, dealing with the tranny

1st time - Couldn't find the problem
2nd time - Found the problem, said the CODES needed to be reset??? OK!
3rd time - Found the problem again, this time, they replaced the tranny, and a couple of motor mounts
4th time - In the shop again, getting another motor mount that they didn't find a problem with last time, but did when I brought it back in again..

Although, The service manager assured me that even though my warranty is up, he will make sure you solves the problem. Therefore, not too many complatins, just a pain in the ***...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Some 2004 had all sort of issues with front end. For some, a rotor out of balance (warped?) was causing the vibrations. You could switch the front rotors to see if the vibration changed side, or since your at 25K, just buy new rotors. If you have no vibrations from the back, rotate the tires to the front to see if it makes a difference.

Even if you have to drive a bit, try a different dealer. Not sure if the computers are linked together but they may not see your repairs from the other dealer and attempt to fix it.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Guys, I had my 04 lemoned because of reoccurring issues that the dealership couldn't fix. If you've exhausted your options with the BBB & Nissan Consumer Affairs, contact a good lawyer. I'm not suggesting you sue them right away. A lawyer will be able to write a standard letter to the dealership & Nissan notifying them that they are required by law to either fix or replace the vehicle. This will definitely get the ball rolling & more than likely you wont have to go any further with a lawsuit...Hopefully
Old 03-14-2007, 12:19 PM

At what cost do lawyers come at though? I might end up taking this step, I got my car back from the dealer yesterday, but I still believe that the problem will occur again. If it does happen, I'll ask my buddy at the dealership to take this problem to corporate, and go from there...
Old 03-15-2007, 12:35 PM

I had the same problem with a noise coming from the front right side. I had the stealership do a road force balance and there was no more shimmy or vibration. The way to got rid of the noise: replace the entire mounting bracket and bearing that holds the strut in place...this is located under the hood. 1st time the noise was still there...2nd time they replaced the strut/shock and the noise was gone...apparently the first "new" strut was defective....yeah this happens far too often. I have replaced a lot of strut/shocks, especially on the front right side. The noise is gone and some times when I drive over a crack in the road I hear a noise however it has to be a big crack and it has to be cold outside. Right now I am amazed at how long this new strut/shock has lasted considering that the it's spring and the Montreal Pot hole club is alive and kicking! LOL! Yesterday we had some bad weather and there was a new depression on a road that I travel on frequently. Because of thick fog, I did not see this depression and it swallowed the entire front end of the car! The car bounced in the air a couple of inches and it the car the heat shield on the way down. Luckily it's on a steep hill, I was stopped at the light and was only going a couple of miles and hour (KMS up here). I had the car checked and I am about to go outside to see if there are any leaks...I don't think so. I am seriously thinking of replacing the shock/struts with
KYB GR2's...Not expensive but worthwhile. I am looking for spring pot hole experience on these for lowered cars. I had mine lowered with Eibach Pro kit's.

I had a very bad experience with my 04 SL and after nine months and numerous letters, I made an appointment with my stealership's Owner/Manager and I begged for his help and let me tell you...I walked out of there with a brand new 05SE same payments, insurance and extended warranty at cost and such a buy back that it would make your head spin. I have so far put a few thousdand dollars in mods and plan on either keeping her after the lease or selling her for a profit! I hope that they come out with a Altima 3.5 SE-R Coupe with the G35 engine and AWD and a full body spoiler kit.... That would kick a**! I also like the G35 and lets see what the new 08 G35 coupe looks like too!

I hope this helps...check out March Consumer Reports on the 07 cars....Not a single American or European car in any category! And the best vehicle in every class....across classes by points M35! And the new G35 was not far behind.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, sometimes vibrations can come from uneven brake rotors..Go with aftermarket ones. I replaced all 4 and all 4 brake pads with performance...HAWK HPS Carbon Metallic. Front rotors are crossdrilled, vented and oversized. All four cost less to replace at my local garage then just the front two using OEM's at a Nissan Stealership! And what a difference...wow. I just touch the brakes now and I can stop on a dime! No more vibration too!

Good luck!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:33 AM

Sent a letter to the President of the dealership as per legal representative. If no resolution I'm going to BBB and Attorney General for dealership and Nissan. I will get this taken care of. I have a really bad taste in my mouth with Nissan right now.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Dealerships can see what work has been performed by other dealers. Just so you guys know.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:03 AM
I piss on Civics.

tony campos, service manager @ 46 nissan in totowa, nj. talk to him. he will get everything done with no problems or hassles. then again, you are in LI but regardless the distance shouldn't be a factor to cause you not have the respect, service, and standards that you deserve as a valued nissan maxima owner.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by vir420
At what cost do lawyers come at though? I might end up taking this step, I got my car back from the dealer yesterday, but I still believe that the problem will occur again. If it does happen, I'll ask my buddy at the dealership to take this problem to corporate, and go from there...
I can only speak for my state, but I believe the same is true in others. If your lemon law is successful, all of the lawyer's fees are taken care of by the manufacturer. My law suit didn't cost me a dime. You should be able to look up a good lawyer & just ask them up front what your options are and what it will cost you. It doesn't hurt to at least ask & find out.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:31 PM

Got a call from the "service manager" at the dealership I took my vehicle to. Apparently there are some more repairs that can be performed to fix my problem. It's funny you know, the last repair order says the tech couldn't fix my car because he had to go to church and that the cause of all my problems were because of a system I put in my car. Now there are additional repairs that can be done. Will be interesting to see what these guys have to say when I return their call tomorrow.

Additional Repairs .... that's funny ....
Old 03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Ask them next time they try a **** you that you would appreciate flowers. Hold your ground bro and good luck...
Old 04-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Have you taken your vehicle down to Habberstad in Huntington or Star Nissan in Bayside, Queens? I would seriously give those Nissan stealerships a try, especially Habberstad.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 AM

Got a call from the "service manager" at the dealership I took my vehicle to. Apparently there are some more repairs that can be performed to fix my problem. It's funny you know, the last repair order says the tech couldn't fix my car because he had to go to church and that the cause of all my problems were because of a system I put in my car. Now there are additional repairs that can be done. Will be interesting to see what these guys have to say when I return their call tomorrow.

Additional Repairs .... that's funny ....
Amazing what a nice letter from a lawyer will do.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

I'd do it, considering how many problems I've initially had, I wouldn't buy another car without it. Recently I had AC compressor, belts, engine mount replaced under extended warranty. It all depends on the price, if its cheap, get it. I pad $860 and am good till 75K
Old 04-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am having the same friggin problems. I bought my 04' used with 50k on it. (I know-dumb for buying a used car especially with those miles) But anyway bought 10/06 and its been a nightmare ever since. My struts have been replace 2x and I have had the car going on 6 months. 3rd time went in because car making noises every time I went over small bumps as if the struts were broken again and pulling to the left when braking. Per Niassan struts seemed ok they said they found no problem. 4th time for service. This time when going about 35 and driving for a good block and braking the car would make this loud noise as if metal were rubbing each other and breaking and brakes would slip almost not stopping. Told it's ABS. Than told it was not. Told again it was. Initially NISSAN claimed they can not find the problem on this 4th trip to the dealer. I had to go over there and drive the car with a technician for them to hear the problem cause supposedly when they test drove it they found nothing. I am on my way over to the dealer in the next few minutes cause my car is "fixed". I'm sure they did not even focus on the front end noise and will tell me they do not find an issue with that again or maybe they will blame the whole ABS problem for that. I'm no mechanic, But I believe these 04's have some kind of defective issue with their suspensions or somewhere in the front end (I'm a chick, don't know much about cars).
I should of done my research before getting this car! Oh well..... please follow up with us and let us know what happens with your Maxi. Good luck =(
Old 04-07-2007, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ModelGurl1
I am having the same friggin problems. I bought my 04' used with 50k on it. .......... I'm no mechanic, But I believe these 04's have some kind of defective issue with their suspensions or somewhere in the front end (I'm a chick, don't know much about cars). I should of done my research before getting this car! Oh well..... please follow up with us and let us know what happens with your Maxi. Good luck =(

For the front suspension noise, have them check what they call the "mounting insulator and bearing assembly". Its the top piece holding the spring down on the strut. The 'bearing' is made of two pieces of nylon shims that rub/rotate on each other. Very cheap design. I did not replace those on my 05 when I changed the front struts (had wrong parts) and now the noise level is increasing slowly. There is a very specific way to re-assemble those top pieces. If not like the manual says, I can see how they can wear faster, and make noise.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks Will do-I'll be going to a diff dealer. That day I posted the comment above I went to pick up my car and they fixed the ABS issue but did not even look at the suspension again like I asked them to. They claimed the mechanic heard "nothing". That's prob because I'm under warranty but I'm sure if I were paying cash they'd find the problem. So unfortunately I have to go back I'm sure for the 5th time.
Thanks again =)
Old 04-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Well Well ... These foolish guys really know how to play on my patience. They have me to a point where I think i'm losing my mind. I took the car to the dealership after the "president" received my letter and it was the same ol crap. This time these idiots cut my rotors and replaced my brakes for the vibration. They also did a road force balancing and neglected to put any tire weights on my wheels, and told me my tires were all defective. I then went back to where I bought them and they rebalanced them free of charge and inspected the tires. They said nothing was wrong with them. Vibration is better but still there at highway speeds. Now I'm at my breaking point ...

1. I've been told these 18 inch wheels are for crap and they have a lot to do with the ride quality and suspension issues. And as of late after 8 visits to the dealership, I now have a bent rim. Suspect or what? I'm thinking about going down to a 17 inch wheel with 225x55x17 tires. Do you think this will make a difference?

2. I'm also thinking about replacing the suspension on the car, but in my research i've found the most comfortable suspension at it's least firm setting is the same as the OEM. Anyone have experience with this?

3. Lastly I'm thinking about replacing all 4 rotors on the vehicle in an attempt to get my car free of this vibration.

These are all issues i've found that could relate to this vibration.

I'm so frustrated that i'm ready to come out of pocket to fix these things. Has anyone else been able to bend these OEM's so easily. They're telling me it's badly bent at 26,000 miles. It's funny they never found it bent the other 8 times my car was there.

Now what? Try another dealership and raise my frustration level and lose my car once again for who knows how long, just to be told nah there's nothing wrong. Or do i spend $3,000 to possibly alleviate the suspension issues i'm having and never see Nissan service again. Or do I lose 5g's and let them take it and buy another car?

GRRRRRRR
Old 04-16-2007, 08:42 PM

Sorry to hear about that.

If the other shop re-balanced the tires and did not see any of the rims rotating up/down, left/right, or the lip moving, then I suspect that the rims were fine. But the wheel is covered during balancing, maybe they missed it. You could ask them to double check.

I also read from an org member that new rotors fixed his problem. I would try the front rotors first since they are heavier than the back and probably more prone to create vibrations. Turning the rotors does not rebalance them. Since your pads are new, only replace the rotors. Don't do crazy and spend $3000 on OEM or any suspension.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:25 PM

Ok, this is gonna sound nuts, but please try it before putting out any dough or losing your car again.

There is a black, plastic strip along the bottom of your front bumper. Remove it and go for a spin. I've read it twice now that, that has fixed a few people's shimmy issue. I know it sounds nuts, believe me, it did to me when I read it also. The people that have done this were also at their wits end with this shimmy.
One person claimed that the air was creating a vibration in the steering wheel. When you feel it, it translates to a shimmy.

Let us know if this helps at all.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:22 PM

Finally

Ok this is an old thread but I'm not retyping all the crap from the beginning so here it is ....

Finally got around to taking my car to a "different" dealers service department. Now when I say different I mean a couple of things. Different in name, different in the way service is offered and from the time I hit the door I had a 'different' feeling than any other hole in the ground that some idiot decided to put his dealerships service department.

As soon as I walked in the door, I was treated with respect and like a customer should be treated. No red carpet or anything but they didn't throw stones and didn't act like I was the problem. That alone made me feel great. While checking my car in the service adviser started looking at the past repair orders on my car and after about 2 minutes he goes "you weren't kidding, they've replaced your entire front end." What that means is struts(3x), springs, tie bars, 4 alignments and various other small parts.(They even went as far as taking off my front wheel weights and told me my rims were bent.) Immediately he says let's go for a ride and the same noises that Legend Nissan in Syosset, NY was never able to fix, the adviser heard. He also feels the wheel shaking as we're driving, which is something Legend told me that I needed new wheels to remedy due to them being bent.

To make a long story short, they put me in a loaner, kept my car for 24 whole hours and fixed the problems that Legend was never able to. They didn't tell me that my aftermarket stereo was the problem. They didn't tell me I had a bent rim. They didn't tell me there was too much crap in my trunk. They fixed my car.

The noise turned out to be a incorrectly installed front sway bar which destroyed it. 2 years of crap from Legend and Nissan Consumer affairs about how I was destroying my car and that's all that was wrong.

After a wheel bearing replacement which was a new problem, an alignment, sway bar replacement and a few other adjustments, the car is in good condition. Better than it has been since I had 5,000 miles on the car.

I still get some steering wheel shake but i'm not even concerned about it. It will be addressed and i'm confident of that.

These guys at Star Nissan in Bayside/Flushing were awesome and I will NEVER take my car to another shop or mechanic for anything other than an oil change.

OH YEAH ... way before I took it in I took off that plastic piece that protects the front of the car and it got worse. Not sure that's the remedy to the shimmy but I see how it may help some. I definitely felt a difference when I took it off. Not a positive one though.

Last edited by thecritik; 11-22-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by ramberg
Its time for the lemon law. Get a lawyer.
I agree...

Doesnt this take affect after 3 attempts have been made to fix the same issue?