6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Racingline Strut Tower Brace pre-order info (part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:38 AM

wow.... im glad i didnt pay earlier... i could have lost out on some beer money!!!

Best of luck to you guys....
Old 06-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
Yea, i was patient, but this is getting out of hand... Def in need of an update.
are we gettin interest on this?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
wow.... im glad i didnt pay earlier... i could have lost out on some beer money!!!

Best of luck to you guys....
Made it sound like it was just a few weeks away from shipment, that was 6 months ago.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 AM
SmokinMaxSE

Sorry to comment on a product that I didn't order but this is not good buisness. Who has money to just throw away? Good luck.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:25 AM

Its not like its ALOT of money! Compared to some of the other mods for our maxes...this is one of the cheapest! And besides...If it falls through...I'm quite sure taz would give us all a refund.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Quit your b!tching, when I bought my 04 Max in Sept of 2003, the only mod available was window tint, this was me waiting for other mods.

Now 6th Gen Mods are fairly plentiful, Taz has always come through and he will this time as well, **** happens...
Old 06-06-2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by NVRSATISFYD
Its not like its ALOT of money! Compared to some of the other mods for our maxes...this is one of the cheapest! And besides...If it falls through...I'm quite sure taz would give us all a refund.
i think he should do something for those who have been waiting for so long...also we are not saying that he wont come through for us cherm,but since it sounds like a few of us are still waiting he should refund all of thouse that have paid and when its ready to charge us b/c its not like if we have been waiting for a month or two
Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 AM

yeah... i agree with chern 100%..........

I dont know taz, nor i have i ever ordered from him. But because of this thread, it makes me think twice about ordering from him.

I understand when shiiit happens. So i hope everything is ok.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MiamiBlackMax
i think he should do something for those who have been waiting for so long...also we are not saying that he wont come through for us cherm,but since it sounds like a few of us are still waiting he should refund all of thouse that have paid and when its ready to charge us b/c its not like if we have been waiting for a month or two
he already did. he gave us a discount for the pre-order. if you want to pay twice as much, just wait until it's out..

taz is a good guy. he's good for it.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:15 PM

what discount are you talking bout??? b/c i sure havent seen anything but what i paid for in the preorder
Old 06-09-2007, 06:30 PM

Regardless..... an update is in order... at least 1 a month is reasonable.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:42 PM

i havent even seen taz say any news lately unless if i missed it??
Old 06-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiBlackMax
what discount are you talking bout??? b/c i sure havent seen anything but what i paid for in the preorder
I didn't say refund. I said discount. the price you paid already was a discounted price because it was pre-production.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:25 PM

well so far the discount (pre order) hasnt really helped much...if i wansnt on top of the org. i would have fogotten by now. i dont even think a house takes this long to make..not talking bad bout taz but like i said previously it will be nice to hear from him every once in a while
Old 06-12-2007, 02:56 AM

I sent him email for an update...but no response.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 PM

I'm in the market for a strut tower brace.. Should I avoid this one?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:24 PM

It will be the best offering once it finally gets done.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 PM

and nobody has any idea on date?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:30 PM

I can say **from experience** Taz is a good business man. If everything went the way we all wanted it, there'd be tape deck superchargers for our cars. Obviously stuff happens, taz has recently moved from my understanding and Im sure would honor anyone's decision to drop out from the pre-order. He's not holding any money hostage - so either wait, or get your money back and chill out.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:32 AM

Is there any benefit to having a strut tower brace in daily driving? I used to have one on a previous car that was factory installed, so I'm not sure what it was like without it....
Old 06-13-2007, 06:50 AM
SmokinMaxSE

Originally Posted by Ritz
he already did. he gave us a discount for the pre-order. if you want to pay twice as much, just wait until it's out..

taz is a good guy. he's good for it.
Discount based on what he says the price will be after production. Well, it hasn't been produced yet and the thought of "twice as much" makes me think "twice the wait" ...........

Old 06-13-2007, 08:28 AM
aka The Doom Ship

You guys are so forgiving when you wanna be. A company like Stillen or Greddy did something like this and ya'll would be demanding your money back or worse complaining the the BBB.

It's all good though. I say support you fellow .orgers.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
You guys are so forgiving when you wanna be. A company like Stillen or Greddy did something like this and ya'll would be demanding your money back or worse complaining the the BBB.

It's all good though. I say support you fellow .orgers.
That's why i'm forgiving atleast.

I know he's not a "Stillen". If Stillen pulled this, i'd be allll over their ***!

But I mean, it's always good to get an update. No1 has publically demanded a refund, so Im assuming we all are understanding, just anxious.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
That's why i'm forgiving atleast.

I know he's not a "Stillen". If Stillen pulled this, i'd be allll over their ***!

But I mean, it's always good to get an update. No1 has publically demanded a refund, so Im assuming we all are understanding, just anxious.

i agree i havent seen anyone ask for a refund just an update
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 PM

How do you even ask for a refund if he doesn't even respond to emails?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
TAZ

sorry guys I haven;t even been online much at all in the past 2 weeks cause of the move. Been really busy on the house and internet has been touch and go. Found out today after 3 service calls that the outside lines are all corroaded. But they are fixed now.

Anyways back to what you really want. The sample has shown up, but I have not had a chance to test fit it. between things at home and my test car ( kamilkluczewski) now working rotating shift work with the police, timing had been off a bit, but I'll have it all set up within the next couple days.

Just a reminder to those that either didn't know or forgot: Racingline is only a P/T one man show. Racingline is registered and an official business but at this time I don't have enough to offer and what I do have doesn't sell enough to warrant a f/t leap. So please be patient things are miving forward albiet slower than any of us would like.

todate there have been 4 refunds issued to those wondering. If one is requested just pm or email me. But if you request one and then later decide you want back in you will pay full price. Those that hold out will be compensated somehow. I don't know how so don't ask but probably a discount on FUTURE purchases.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by taz
sorry guys I haven;t even been online much at all in the past 2 weeks cause of the move. Been really busy on the house and internet has been touch and go. Found out today after 3 service calls that the outside lines are all corroaded. But they are fixed now.

Anyways back to what you really want. The sample has shown up, but I have not had a chance to test fit it. between things at home and my test car ( kamilkluczewski) now working rotating shift work with the police, timing had been off a bit, but I'll have it all set up within the next couple days.

Just a reminder to those that either didn't know or forgot: Racingline is only a P/T one man show. Racingline is registered and an official business but at this time I don't have enough to offer and what I do have doesn't sell enough to warrant a f/t leap. So please be patient things are miving forward albiet slower than any of us would like.

todate there have been 4 refunds issued to those wondering. If one is requested just pm or email me. But if you request one and then later decide you want back in you will pay full price. Those that hold out will be compensated somehow. I don't know how so don't ask but probably a discount on FUTURE purchases.
A set of f/r SS endlinks?!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by taz

Thanxs taz that is what most of us just wanted to know..will keep waiting and crossin my fingers that this time it is perfect
Old 06-14-2007, 03:29 AM

No worries, I blew more money than that at the grocery store today.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Smoke_Screen
I can say **from experience** Taz is a good business man. If everything went the way we all wanted it, there'd be tape deck superchargers for our cars. Obviously stuff happens, taz has recently moved from my understanding and Im sure would honor anyone's decision to drop out from the pre-order. He's not holding any money hostage - so either wait, or get your money back and chill out.
I agree 100%.

for example, I ordered rear sway bar endlinks from taz, but he accidentally sent altima endlinks.. I told him, and he OVERNIGHTED the correct ones.. now keep in mind this is from Canada to US... probably cost more to ship overnight than to purchase the actual product.

he'll take care of us.. don't worry.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:24 AM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Ritz
I agree 100%.

for example, I ordered rear sway bar endlinks from taz, but he accidentally sent altima endlinks.. I told him, and he OVERNIGHTED the correct ones.. now keep in mind this is from Canada to US... probably cost more to ship overnight than to purchase the actual product.

he'll take care of us.. don't worry.
One of my bushings went, so he drove 1h to my house to drop off a new one. Hows that for customer service. It cost him more in gas then the darn bushing.

Kamski
Old 06-15-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
One of my bushings went, so he drove 1h to my house to drop off a new one. Hows that for customer service. It cost him more in gas then the darn bushing.

Kamski
How's about u talk to ur boss and try to arrange a test fitting!! How's bout that!!! lol!!

Taz..... That lil blurb is highly appreciated..... just helps to know u didn't run off to some foriegn country, like Canada...... lol.... well.... America.... maybe South America. lol U get the point... Good to know it' still in motion.

Waiting patiently.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:20 PM

I don't know how so don't ask but probably a discount on FUTURE purchases.
heh I wouldn't mind some new endlink bushings - half of mine are busted from what i'd consider normal wear and tear - i sent an email to racingline
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by OmarBadu
heh I wouldn't mind some new endlink bushings - half of mine are busted from what i'd consider normal wear and tear - i sent an email to racingline
I think those bushings are too thin. Even with a new set, they will
eventually rip apart. Get a set of ES which are beefier.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:56 PM

well yeah i agree for those who wait it out how about maybe free or 50 % off front endlinks for the front sway bar? hint hint...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 PM

stillen fusb

I recently purchased a stillen fusb and installed it today on my 05! The only trimming I have done was a little off the plastic (about 1/8 inch with a xacto knife) along the firewall where the bar barely touches about 8-10 inches long from the middle of the bar to the left and right. The ac line needs to be bent slightly and i bent the bracket down a hair. It was a piece of cake besides the 90 degree weather I did it in! Its a big improvement and the ride seem like the suspension is soaking up the small bumps you could feel through the body so easily. I be taking pictures soon and will get all that I described! Thanks Chernmax for all your input! Was worth every penny!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 PM

P.s I also trimmed the tower covers so they fit back on
Old 06-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by mightymax5
I recently purchased a stillen fusb and installed it today on my 05! The only trimming I have done was a little off the plastic (about 1/8 inch with a xacto knife) along the firewall where the bar barely touches about 8-10 inches long from the middle of the bar to the left and right. The ac line needs to be bent slightly and i bent the bracket down a hair. It was a piece of cake besides the 90 degree weather I did it in! Its a big improvement and the ride seem like the suspension is soaking up the small bumps you could feel through the body so easily. I be taking pictures soon and will get all that I described! Thanks Chernmax for all your input! Was worth every penny!
Very nice I did the same, if you can take some pics of the AC line, just want to see how you moved it
Old 06-16-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
well yeah i agree for those who wait it out how about maybe free or 50 % off front endlinks for the front sway bar? hint hint...
Are you a ? "FREE," there would be no point in him making them since there are so many people on the waiting list for the FSTB. You were probably being sarcastic, but still! .....................
Old 06-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mightymax5
I'm curious what this has to do with the pre-order update from taz... we know stillen has a bar. it sucks. (sorta.) will wait for taz's to come out.

Quick Reply: Racingline Strut Tower Brace pre-order info (part 2)