6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Racingline Strut Tower Brace pre-order info (part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Racingline Strut Tower Brace pre-order info (part 2)

Taz, any results yet?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 AM

I can appreciate the fact of having a new baby to deal with but this pre-order has gone on for months. Some kind of information is due to the people that have sent you money.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:52 AM

I agree. If there are difficulties or some more delays, just keep everyone
informed. I'm sure people will understand once they know what's going on.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:36 AM

Pics were promised last week on tuesday. Having seen jack didley squat.

I may want a refund and just go buy a stillen bar as this looks like its going to take some time...
Old 03-23-2007, 05:57 AM

As I am on the same boat as all of you, why get a refund and get a Stillen bar, when it will rub on the IM or the hood? I am inpatient as well, but come on now! A FSTB for $72 that is going to be "perfect," compared to a bar that costs around $130ish that will rub and not be an exact fit...which would you pick? Are you guys planning on the Nürburgring within the next few weeks and you want every handling mod possible?!

I've been the first in line to be waiting for this and I will still get it once it comes out, why get a refund? This is coming from a kid that has all suspension work done to his car too, and the FSTB would be 1 of 3 last things to finish it.

my 2 cents
dan
Old 03-23-2007, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
I am inpatient as well, but come on now! A FSTB for $72 that is going to be "perfect," compared to a bar that costs around $130ish that will rub and not be an exact fit...which would you pick?
My thoughts exactly. You want a firm delivery time, buy it after it comes out. You want a great freakin deal that no other seller can touch, you pays your money and wait a bit. We all know the bar is in development. Taz doesn' thave complete control over what the manufacturer is doing, and it will take whatever time it takes.

There's no sense complaining like a 4 year old passing by DQ beyotchin for an ice cream cone. Geeze.

CM
Old 03-23-2007, 08:17 AM

come on!

I'm syre whoever did this pre-order isn't in need of that 72$.... sooo.... jut wait it out! Gosh!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:07 AM

ok, thats fine but the point here is we want to have updates on the product we payed for. I have not seen anything for 2 weeks now. An update 1 time per week would be enough for me to be quiet.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

All new 6th gen products have had delays, sometimes for months!!! It sucks but I've been in this waiting game for 3+ years with the Max. With that said, the manufacture does owe the customer an update in order to keep a loyal customer base, it just makes good business sense...

So who else has had production delays/problems:

RedLineMax (out of business)
HotShot (out of business)
Custom Enterprise (out of business)
Stillen
Cattman
ActiveTuning
Racingline

Just a few examples...
Old 03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
briancopeland

It sucks, but THAT is the price of being a modification pioneer, I guess. Obviously, these will cost much more when production is in full swing too. I support Taz 100% and appreciate everything that he and Racingline has done for me and my Maxima recently.

I will be calm (deep breaths) and wait for my strut bar patiently. What other choice do I have? At least those MMI's will keep me busy for a while!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 01:30 PM

Why the Stillen bar will rub?? i have some friend who got it and they happy with it
Old 03-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by SEGirl
Why the Stillen bar will rub?? i have some friend who got it and they happy with it
there is proven fact that the stillen bar will hit and rub the I.Man. when the car is in reverse...on the max at least the altima which it was originally made for i don't believe has had any problems...some have it even hitting the hood on sharp turns.

but i believe chris said it the best...maybe from time to time an update would be greatly appreicated...however i understand its a very stressful time for tax right now with a new babii and dealing with the manfact...but i don't mind being patient as long as i know...no one has forgotten about us...tehe
Old 03-23-2007, 05:15 PM

if anyone is looking to back out of this I will gladly take his/her place, im obviously being that guy, but better late than never....
Old 03-23-2007, 05:27 PM

I support taz as well.
I'd pre-ordered the bar with MMI. So when the bar was delayed last month,
he shipped the MMI immediately upon my request. When my endlink had
an issue, he shipped a replacement part immediately.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:12 PM
.org extraordinaire

Patience is a virtue

Smile and wave fellas, smile and wave

Kamski
Old 03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
TAZ

Like I said in the previous thread I'll get more and final details later ( most likely monday.) But untill then here is a teaser just to prove things are getting done.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:00 PM

Looks great! That's all we were asking for...
Old 03-23-2007, 07:09 PM

that looks like a gasket for our y-pipe!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 PM

I'm okay with the wait as well, but I would appreciate some updates. I sent an E-mail a few days ago requesting an update and never get a response. It looks great in the picture above. I hope it makes it to production soon.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Is there something special about this bar that it won't have the same clearance issues as the Stillen?
Old 03-24-2007, 04:05 PM
TAZ

ya It's custom made specifically for the maxima. The stillen bar is the same bar they use on all their strutbars, they just make new brackets for each car.. This bar is designed from scratch to address all issues of the stillen bar
Old 03-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I piss on Civics.

stillen.. this one.. stillen... this one.. stilllen.. this onee....?

should i be worried that it won't be arriving soon and with that mindset go over to stillen.com and pick one of those up? the waiting game hurts ;[ what other choices are available as far as good clearing FTSB?
Old 03-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Will they make a black metal look ? sort of like the cattman ? hyper dark finsh sleeper look ?
Old 03-24-2007, 05:54 PM

i'm moving in a month - so if this doesn't ship by then please confirm my address first

i paid for the MMI and FSTB in january i think and didn't think this would be an issue - i'm amazed you never shipped me the MMI once you knew the FSTB would be delayed
Old 03-24-2007, 06:40 PM
TAZ

Alan if you want it I can ship it. I shipped out the mmi's to those that requested them. just pm me the address to ship it too if other than the 4124 one I have on file
Old 03-24-2007, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by taz
Alan if you want it I can ship it. I shipped out the mmi's to those that requested them. just pm me the address to ship it too if other than the 4124 one I have on file

Im guessing theres another Alan !!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 PM
briancopeland

Originally Posted by taz
Like I said in the previous thread I'll get more and final details later ( most likely monday.) But untill then here is a teaser just to prove things are getting done.

That looks, SO SWEET!!! Just like the one I orderd - POLISHED with Black ends!!! Taz, you ARE teasing Us ;-)

Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 AM

taz, when do you estimate the ship dates?

If you goto Stillen's site and search for the bar on the 04+ Maxima,
you'll notice that the installation instructions will tell you to shave
the throttle body area.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Is there something special about this bar that it won't have the same clearance issues as the Stillen?
I think the stillen one fits our cars because of the same chassis, but is actually for the Altima.

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Will they make a black metal look ? sort of like the cattman ? hyper dark finsh sleeper look ?
Yes, I believe he's going to offer a black powdercoated version. There's another thread (probably a few pages back now) about the colors.

Originally Posted by ecksy
stillen.. this one.. stillen... this one.. stilllen.. this onee....?

should i be worried that it won't be arriving soon and with that mindset go over to stillen.com and pick one of those up? the waiting game hurts ;[ what other choices are available as far as good clearing FTSB?
there aren't any other options at the moment. that's probably part of the reason it's taking a while... because there's not much info out there about them. I'd prefer waiting and getting one that REALLY fits properly.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

My Stillen does NOT rub in forward or reverse and never has...

Oh and I had my Stillen FUSB custom polished!!!

Taz, hang in there bro and appreciate everything you have been doing for the 6th Gen community...
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
My Stillen does NOT rub in forward or reverse and never has...
do you have a manual or auto?

I was just thinking about how in most auto's I've driven, how when you put it in reverse, it shakes the whole car when it goes into gear... does that have anything to do with it? I know in my 6spd it doesn't do that, so I wonder if that's part of the reason...

why does reverse have the potential to hit the STB?
Old 03-25-2007, 10:18 AM

most likely b/c the oem motor mounts are really soft which allow for a range of play [movement] and if the FSTB wasnt there, it wouldnt matter.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:06 PM

hmm... not quite what I meant though.. why reverse and not the forward gears? the engine is doing the exact same thing in either....
Old 03-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by MisterSparkle
there is proven fact that the stillen bar will hit and rub the I.Man. when the car is in reverse...on the max at least the altima which it was originally made for i don't believe has had any problems...some have it even hitting the hood on sharp turns.

but i believe chris said it the best...maybe from time to time an update would be greatly appreicated...however i understand its a very stressful time for tax right now with a new babii and dealing with the manfact...but i don't mind being patient as long as i know...no one has forgotten about us...tehe
Hey guys i just insatlled my stillen strut bar and it is perfect no rubbbbbbbbb i'm very happy
Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 PM

is yours an autO?
Old 03-25-2007, 08:13 PM
briancopeland

Here's a picture of my new Racingline strut bar:

Oh wait, Taz hasn't sent it yet!!!

Just kidding, Joe ;-)

-Brian

Old 03-25-2007, 09:31 PM

haha, that is sooooo funny. i was staring at that pic for a bit. plus its late, haha.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:03 PM

for sec there i was like wow i thought i really missed it...j/k

i knew i had chinky eyes but that was crazy.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:38 AM
TAZ

Racingline is only part time for me, but has been demanding as of late, as well between my real job getting busier and the 2 kids ( 18months and 6 weeks) and wife that want attention. I'm waiting till summer to see if racingline can sustain it's growth before I give up my full time job.

Anyways enough bable, the bars are coming very slowly. The picture I put up was of the long awaited sample. The shop making them had access to better material then what I had originally used to prototype with, and because of clearance issues with the 3.5 the bar was redesigned. Albiet only slightly, but that still meant everything had to be changed. Mass production shops that normally deal with much larger volumes don't like little hicups from the little guys much, so I always get bumped for the larger bread and butter customers, but they acknowledge that time has run short. The sample they sent me was near perfect except they welded the bottom plate in the wrong orientation ( the 3 holes were rotated and the wrong one was pointing in) but because of that They had to go back and get a new sample done up which I'm told will be in my hands early next week m-w. From then on if everything is ok they are saying 5 weeks. Main reason being is that they don't do the powder coating in house only the fabricating, which is understandable as most places are like that. But that also means another vendor that doesn't like to recive 10- 20 pieces of they same part every other day. It's alot easier and cheaper to recieve and coat all of them at once then ship them all back to me at once.

Long story short I probably posted the pre order sale a month or so too early, but I guess that part of the learing curve. I know better now for our springs and cai that are getting done.

If there are any problems or questions, please EMAIL me sales@racinglineperformance.com

I am very sorry for the delays, some where necessary and some were out of my control, but at the same time we are trying to produce a high quality item here, not an ebay $25 part

I hope that most of you are ok with everything but if some want to back out I understand, it has taken a fair bit longer than I had originally said

Joe
Old 03-30-2007, 05:05 AM
SmokinMaxSE

Originally Posted by SEGirl
Hey guys i just insatlled my stillen strut bar and it is perfect no rubbbbbbbbb i'm very happy
That looks great. My Maxima needs one of those bad.

Quick Reply: Racingline Strut Tower Brace pre-order info (part 2)