6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Pics of Painted Eye Lids...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:28 AM

I really like it but I wonder how long it will hold up to the outside elements before it starts peeling off.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 PM

looks nice
Old 07-27-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
http://www.ptronline.biz/cube/index....od&productId=5

^^^^ DO NOT BUY FROM LINK ABOVE....^^^^

Talk about bad customer service.

I'd rather not see members over here get scammed as well.

Check vendor section on NYCMAXIMAS.org. Anything to do with PTRonline or "Roger".

You've been warned.
not agreeing or disaggreeing...

but i got mine from roger directly...and i didn't have any troubles...gave me a tracking number and everything the next day and arrived when it was supposed to. had no problems contacting him or anything. but yeah i've heard the same things before about costumer service with them...buh i've personally never had a problem.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
the eyelids came wrinkled but im not goin to waste my time trying to return them to u since u DONT EVER return phone calls OR EMAILS!!!!!!

NEVER AGAIN!

I don't recall ever receiving an email from you about any problems with this product. If I missed it, I apologize. And as I admitted, I am lacking in the phone call department..

I run this business part time, with a full 9-5 job and new addition to my family. With little to no time available, I've had to restructure Paradox and prioritize what I thought is important to my customers. My priority has been to get the products to the customer as soon as possible. Emails I can mostly respond to at work and that is why I try to get to them as soon as possible. I can't answer Paradox phone calls at work too often.

I had developed a reputation in the past of extremely fast shipping. Since life has caught up, I've slowed down a little however I don't think I'm as slow as most companies that are out there, I'm still faster if not at par with them and customers have grown to expect sometimes unrealistic turn around times.
With this particular item, the eyelids, they are unfortunately manufactured and drop shipped from my supplier, I can not control the amount of time it takes. Normally with items I stock, I try to ship the next day or so.

I'm not asking for your business back since you've obviously made up your mind. I'm offering an explanation as to how Paradox runs.

In starting Paradox, I had prided myself on very little to no customer dissatisfaction. Yes, there were odd cases here and there that were out of my control and in turn, there are also many cases of customers ripping me off. This was based on no telephone contact at all, everything was done online, through email since it was an internet based company, in my mind. I recently tried to offer this phone service to customers and it is apparently not working out too well. I will need to consider reverting back to the email-only days.

I'm a little disappointed to say the least in reaction to Paradox.. I've done nothing but try to offer a good product at a good, decent price. I don't make a penny out of the business, so there is not the greed there to make as much as possible from customers. I've done plenty of business to keep Paradox around and enough to try to come out with new, custom products once in a while yet, when it comes down to it, customers don't seem to remember Paradox when it comes to the good transactions and all I read about are the odd occurrences when I don't meet expectations.
Its just a little frustrating when I see that other vendors have ripped people off and people are coming out of the woodworks to praise them still and for me, being an honest company doesn't seem to be worth it when customers don't even recognize the reliable service I offer when all I've tried is to keep everything business-like.

You order -> I ship

I thought that was the way it should work.. I'm wondering if adding a little drama in between would make people understand Paradox more..

Sorry for the rant.. At a time when I should be thinking about closing down Paradox, I find myself trying to expand Paradox to get more products out there for the Maxima community and I'm not sure why...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:30 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

once again NEVER AGAIN! never called back and when they did come they were wrinkeled ! and i did send an email... so it looks like its not just problems with your phone lines, but also with your email tooo

Its not my fault u work a 9-5.... if u r going to run a business you should to it teh right way IE: calling ppl back / returning emails ETC...

If u cant run it the RIGHT way... then dont run it at all

and as for making a good product at a cheap price? 66 bucks is NOT cheap for these.... its EYELIDS! ahha.. there are 2 other companies that offer the exact same thing for MUCH less. 1/3 less...

And as for saying you dont make any money off it ? HAHAAH right

it doesnt cost u 66 dollars to make eyelids...

EITHER WAY... Thanks for your product... BUT I WILL NEVER EVER SEND MY BUSINESS OR ANYONE I KNOW TO YOU !

ONLY reason u r on here is try'n to cover you A$$ so more ppl buy from you...

Good luck w/ making things run better in the future!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:17 PM
KC's FINEST

Old 07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i like it....
i bought some stuff from paradox, never had any problems.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Former Sponsor

once again NEVER AGAIN! never called back and when they did come they were wrinkeled ! and i did send an email... so it looks like its not just problems with your phone lines, but also with your email tooo

Its not my fault u work a 9-5.... if u r going to run a business you should to it teh right way IE: calling ppl back / returning emails ETC...

If u cant run it the RIGHT way... then dont run it at all

and as for making a good product at a cheap price? 66 bucks is NOT cheap for these.... its EYELIDS! ahha.. there are 2 other companies that offer the exact same thing for MUCH less. 1/3 less...

And as for saying you dont make any money off it ? HAHAAH right

it doesnt cost u 66 dollars to make eyelids...

EITHER WAY... Thanks for your product... BUT I WILL NEVER EVER SEND MY BUSINESS OR ANYONE I KNOW TO YOU !

ONLY reason u r on here is try'n to cover you A$$ so more ppl buy from you...

Good luck w/ making things run better in the future!
Didn't mean for this to be some sort of big to do. I'm sorry you're so upset about this transaction. I wish I could have tried to resolve it sooner. Another customer had to actually bring this to my attention. As for claims that I am here to cover my a$$ so more people will buy from me. That's not my intention. I am here to respond to an upset customer.
I offer products at a certain price because that is the deal worked out from the supplier. Others may be able to offer a lower price because of their individual agreements.. That is why there are different prices for different products out there on the internet. And no, it does not cost $66 to make eyelids. It also doesn't cost hundreds of dollars to make a bodykit..
I used to only sell products that were exclusive to me, no sense in competing with everyone else out there. But customers started asking me to carry more products so that they can bundle their purchases. When I make the product, I can control the price and make it as cheap as possible.. (Though cheap is never cheap enough, is it..?) When I need to carry other people's products.. Cheap is still as cheap as I can afford to make it, given my prices from my respective suppliers.
I run the business as I feel the business needs to be ran. As much as its not your fault I work a 9-5, its also not up to the customers to decide the best way for the business to be ran. As I had mentioned, I had to prioritize things and getting orders out to customers in a timely fashion was key. As you suggested, I would love to not run the business at all.. I've actually been trying but god knows why, I have an unnatural desire to torture myself and continue to support the maxima community. There are a few out there that can attest to that fact.
Despite what you may want to think, I don't make a penny off of Paradox. Any and all profits get rolled back into trying to grow the company and develop new products. Paradox doesn't make enough to warrant paying myself anything.. I used to enjoy running Paradox at one point..

As for your order, I've been able to narrow down your order and you placed the order on 6/20.. Your order was shipped via UPS on 6/22.. Finaly delivery was made on 6/29. I have admitted to problems with my phone situation but I definitely do not have any problems with email.. I have gone back and do not have any emails from you or any one complaining about anything. I've looked through everything from 6/29 through present. Can you confirm what email address you sent the email to and when? I will gladly admit if I screwed up again and did not answer you and simply dismissed the email. I pull email daily on my computer when I get home from work and during the day on my cell phone if there is anything pressing that I need to address asap. Between the two I feel confident that I did not miss anything.

I must ask.. If there are others offering the same product for 1/3 of the price.. Why come to me in the first place?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:01 PM
JG1

Well I just ordered a set of eyelids from Paradox-Systems. I'll give you guys a try....I'm sure I'll be happy.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Appreciate the business. I actually just received notice of your order and sent the order through to my supplier already. Let me know if you have any problems.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 PM

nice eyelids! <3
Old 07-29-2007, 12:13 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

The reason i went through u was because i saw it advertised on our site so it huoght i would give business to your company...

Either way... they are here... and this thread is now WAY off topic...

And do u have an answer to them being wrinkled when i got them???

im done with this thread it wont change the way i feel ...

Good luck to all in teh future with this "company"

P.s. There is a big difference between a body kit and eyelids...
Old 07-29-2007, 06:27 AM
KC's FINEST

Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Former Sponsor

The reason i went through u was because i saw it advertised on our site so it huoght i would give business to your company...

Either way... they are here... and this thread is now WAY off topic...

And do u have an answer to them being wrinkled when i got them???

im done with this thread it wont change the way i feel ...

Good luck to all in teh future with this "company"

P.s. There is a big difference between a body kit and eyelids...
I don't know why they were wrinkled, they never passed through my hands. They were produced and sent directly to you. I could have replaced the wrinkled set if it was a problem.

My comment about bodykits and eyelids was to highlight the fact that you can't just say "it doesn't cost" x amount to make something.. There's more factors in play..
Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

thanks for the product... good luck in thte future....
Old 07-29-2007, 08:40 PM

sorry to get off topic but fastmax05 i love your grille what all was involved in painting it.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by anthny2040
sorry to get off topic but fastmax05 i love your grille what all was involved in painting it.

paint ... clean coat... and a lilttle peeling of stickers and LITE LITE LITE sanding... ooooo and a "smoke " nissan emblem ...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:48 PM

allright ill post pics when i get it done should look good on a all black max.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 PM
JG1

Just got my Eyelids. Have to say Harry from Paradox emailed me a few times to give me updates on the shipping and I was happy w/ their service.

Whats the max I should be paying to have these painted? $100 or so?

I was thinking of just bringing them to the Nissan dealer and maybe have their bumper guy spray them....didn't get a price though yet.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

hahah prob cause' i bit c hd so much now he is goign to try to cover tracks ... hahaha but yeah... im glad u got them... 100??? thats ok ig uess.. i paid 80
Old 08-07-2007, 02:25 AM

so anyway back to the original topic , how much did you guys spend to paint them , looking into getting a set but i'm curious how much it ended up costing to have it painted
Old 08-07-2007, 10:11 AM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by rottdog300
so anyway back to the original topic , how much did you guys spend to paint them , looking into getting a set but i'm curious how much it ended up costing to have it painted

read before you ask questions...

read teh post right before your post...

Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 AM
JG1

Nissan Dealer is charging me $70.

I'll post some pics in a few hours when I get them.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:51 PM
JG1

Got them...paint is spot on but I just layed them on the headlights without removing the backing and the gap between the light and the hood on the left side is larger then the right and it looks off w/ the eyelids.

I think I'm just gonna sell them. If anybody wants a set w/ QX3 (white) paint code I guess I'll sell them for $80 shipped.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

was your car in an accident? why is it "OFF" ....

paint look good
Old 08-09-2007, 06:08 AM
JG1

was your car in an accident? why is it "OFF" ....

paint look good
no, was never in an accident. The gap between the fender/hood is tighter then the gap between the headlight/hood, and when I put the eyelid there thats what I mean by it looking off. If it were a tight seam just like the other panels it would look better.

I'll get a pic just to show what I'm talking about....
Old 08-09-2007, 08:41 AM
JG1

Couple pics.

I don't like the difference in gap between the eyelids and trunk and the fender and trunk.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:01 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by JG1
Couple pics.

I don't like the difference in gap between the eyelids and trunk and the fender and trunk.

Over lap the sides of the headlight housing a little. It wont hurt anything. Thats what I did. Looks much better.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:50 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

+1 kc.... i was just going to say that...

JG1: keep em' bro.. they look sweet
Old 08-09-2007, 01:35 PM
JG1

I guess I can try it like that.

The very bottom of the eyelid, where it pointy......when you overlap the eyelid towards the trunk does that point have anything to stick to or is just kinda floating?

Did you put that 3m adhesion promoter all over the contact area?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 PM
KC's FINEST

I ended up cutting the points off of mine. When I mounted them I wasent happy with the gap like yourself, so I pulled it back off and the paint at the tip flaked. I took a razor knife and cut the point off and rounded it out then moved the eyelid over some. There is still a noticable gap... We have white cars. It's gonna show.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 PM

Looks good. May have to pick a set up, but with my luck i'll never get around to painting them let alone putting them on. They'll just sit in my pile that doesn't go away.