6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

possibly new 07 owner here, lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 04:34 AM

possibly new 07 owner here, lots of questions

Hello all, I might be purchasing a new 07. I'm actually deciding between a 07 altima 3.5 sl and a 07 maxima 3.5 sl. I'm actually leaning towards the 07 maxima because from the looks of the interior, it's more luxiourious than the altima and I like the fact that the maxima comes stock with HID's The 7-spoke g35 coupe look alike rims are also awesome. How is the luminance with the stock HID's, is it a true white or with a slight blue color? and how wide and far does the beam go? If possible can anyone please post pics of their stock 07 along with the stock HID's at night and the luminance? What about gas mileage, what can I expect assuming that I'll driving with a light foot. On the Nissan website it says that SL's audio comes with eight speakers and two woofer's, how big are they and do they produce alot of bass? How is the visibility out the rear windshield, it looks a little small, compared to my 91. Has anyone encountered any problems so far and how reliable are these cars? Does anyone have an estimate on a price I'm expecting to be paying with a good credit score? How much did you guys pay and what are your monthly payments? Thanks
Old 08-04-2007, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by maxima2k2
Hello all, I might be purchasing a new 07. I'm actually deciding between a 07 altima 3.5 sl and a 07 maxima 3.5 sl. I'm actually leaning towards the 07 maxima because from the looks of the interior, it's more luxiourious than the altima and I like the fact that the maxima comes stock with HID's The 7-spoke g35 coupe look alike rims are also awesome. How is the luminance with the stock HID's, is it a true white or with a slight blue color? and how wide and far does the beam go? If possible can anyone please post pics of their stock 07 along with the stock HID's at night and the luminance? What about gas mileage, what can I expect assuming that I'll driving with a light foot. On the Nissan website it says that SL's audio comes with eight speakers and two woofer's, how big are they and do they produce alot of bass? How is the visibility out the rear windshield, it looks a little small, compared to my 91. Has anyone encountered any problems so far and how reliable are these cars? Does anyone have an estimate on a price I'm expecting to be paying with a good credit score? How much did you guys pay and what are your monthly payments? Thanks
I'm fairly sure the stock subs with the Bose package are a pair of 8" woofers. The stock HIDs are 4300K so they are white with a slight yellow tint. You won't get true white till 5000K and won't get the slight blue tint till 6000K.

Prices of the Max seem to vary quite a bit based on options simply because Navi adds $2K. Are you planning on financing 100%?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by maxima2k2

Just call your local Nissan dealership and ask to speak to somebody in thier fleet dept. they will answer all your questions as far as financing....
Old 08-04-2007, 10:02 AM

You should be able to get a 3.5 sl drivers package which starts at 33, for around 28-29..Atleast thats what I got 1 month ago, without tax though..Also the HIDs you have to just go in your self and take a look, drive it and what not..Mileage wise any where from 15-21 city to 21-27 in the highway, nothing amazing..And yes the audio system is nice, its bose, its well worth it..
Old 08-05-2007, 04:30 AM

Seems as though most of your questions have been answered. I have '07 sl with DPP and nav system. I lease but the sticker was 35K. Got them down a few G. Rear visibility not as full as on '91. My mileage usually is around 23mpg in mixed driving (moderate foot). Bose system is good. Not a great deal of bass. Lots of other bells and whistles on the SL that make it a real comfy cruiser. HIDs are pale blue but effective. This is my sixth Max and probably my favorite other than my original 5 speed '87. Reliability not an issue although I only have 8.5K miles on it so far. Two thumbs up.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I test drove the Alti V6 and the Maxi. The Maxi is a more solid car IMHO. And right now with factory incentives the Maxi is actually cheaper. SE vs. SE
Old 08-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Banned

I think i still have yet to see a new body style altima SE, the twin tailpipes on the 2.5 are a nice touch, but they are all 2.5's! In 2004 I picked the max bc i thought it looked way better then the altima inside and out. In 2007 Id get the altima because it now looks better then the new max. Both are a nice choice though dont get me wrong, im just not crazy about the CVT in the maxima..does the altima have it too?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
I think i still have yet to see a new body style altima SE, the twin tailpipes on the 2.5 are a nice touch, but they are all 2.5's! In 2004 I picked the max bc i thought it looked way better then the altima inside and out. In 2007 Id get the altima because it now looks better then the new max. Both are a nice choice though dont get me wrong, im just not crazy about the CVT in the maxima..does the altima have it too?
Yes the new Altima comes with the Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission) with manual mode... Also 270 ponies in the 3.5
Old 08-05-2007, 11:04 AM

go with the max..... the "heated" steering wheel wins.... but that depends if you live where the temps drop below 0.... else teh new altima isgreat
Old 08-05-2007, 02:35 PM

I bought a new 07 SL back in February and haven't looked back! Personally, the Altima doesn't come close to touching the Maxima in style and ride. The extra 15HP in the Altima 3.5 doesn't mean anything to me. There's plenty of power in the Maxima.

I'm not sure what dealer incentives are out right now, but you're probably looking at 28k - 32k depending on your options, plus T&T.

I was a little concerned with the visibility out the rear window too when I fist began car shopping. But after driving it a few times, and after daily driving for 6 months I can tell you it hasn't bothered or affected me at all. There's a blind spot on each side just behind the rear doors, but as long as your good about checking your shoulder you'll be fine.

Bose package is great. You won't get that thumping bass to set off car alarms, but you will get a very nice and clean sound. I was big on aftermarket radios in my previous cars, but I feel like the Bose was worth the money.

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 AM

i suggest buying the new maxima 07 those cars are badass and have way better looking features and looks way more luxurious on the inside and outside...and its way faster as well im not sure if your into that but i have friends who only talk about cars..lol..so yeah ive heard the max outbeats the altima any day..altima are things of the past...need i say more
Old 08-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i am thinking about buying an SE. What made you SL owners go with the SL over the SE? Is it nicer on the inside?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ssperez37
i am thinking about buying an SE. What made you SL owners go with the SL over the SE? Is it nicer on the inside?
I have an 07 SE and I looked at both. It seemed the only difference was the SL has wood grain trim where the SE has brushed aluminum and the SE is a stiffer suspension. You can get the SE with all the same options as the SL otherwise.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 AM

HEY ssperez37 SL ARE MORE LUXURY INSIDE..LIKE RIDING IN CLASS.AND THEY HAVE LEATHER AND JUST AL THE GOODIES THAT WILL KEEP YOU SATISFIED....I SAY GO WITH THE SL ITS WAY NICER IN SIDE AND USUALLY COMES WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDED
Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 AM

Huh?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ssperez37
I test drove both models when I bought my Maxima, and found the ride/suspension much more to my liking on the SL than the SE. So I picked the SL over the SE, despite liking the SE wheels and interior better (I'm not a big fan of wood grain interiors).

I'd recommend test driving both before you decide, as I went to the dealer thinking I wanted the SE.

-- Scott
Old 08-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by gorgeousyvette
HEY ssperez37 SL ARE MORE LUXURY INSIDE..LIKE RIDING IN CLASS.AND THEY HAVE LEATHER AND JUST AL THE GOODIES THAT WILL KEEP YOU SATISFIED....I SAY GO WITH THE SL ITS WAY NICER IN SIDE AND USUALLY COMES WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDED
Like largepkg25 said the only difference is the woodgrain interior in the SL and a stiffer suspension on the SE. Additionally, the SE has 18" wheels and the SL comes with 17's. When I was shopping around I did notice that most of the SL's I came across were fully loaded where as some of the SE's you could get more base.

I personally went with the SL because I love the woodgrain interior and the softer ride was nice, the smaller wheel didn't make a difference to me.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned

I agree, the heated wheel is one of the best options in the car for those mornings when its in the single digits. It gets hot so fast too, unlike the seats, which by the time they are hot the heat is blowing anyway. I feel so deprived when driving a car in the winter without a heated wheel.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Yeah, my 02 was the first max I've had that had a heated steering wheel. I didn't even know there was such a thing when I bought it. I was driving home after I got it, and I saw a button with a steering wheel and little heat-waves coming off of it, and I was no ****! That, is by far my favorite creature-comfort of the whole car.

As for the 07 max vs. alti, If I had to by an 07 model, I would have to get the alti coupe, I just cant handle the CVT. I need sensory feedback, (touch, hearing) that you dont get with CVT.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM

i believe the altimas are over rated...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM

Yeah, I drove both the Maxima and the Altima when test driving and the Altima was much less solid then the Maxima was. It had a very tinny feel to it. Just overall cheap feel.

For the difference of about $500 similarly equipped I would much rather have the Maxima!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Newbie just Registered

Altimas are great cars; but to get one similarly equipped as the Maxima, you're going to pay Maxima price and still looks like an $18k Altima.