6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Finally Drilled/ Slotted Rotors!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Where is my shirt?

Finally Drilled/ Slotted Rotors!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Whats up peeps!!!

I went ahead and bought the rotorspros drilled/slotted rotors and the Hawk pads. And as promised... here is the post!!
Check it out!!!

Thanks Chern for the hook up on the rotors and Deus for the recommendation on the pads and brake fluid. I am the only person in atleast 5 towns with these on a Max. Thanks fellas!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!

Nice pic of everything before install. I went with the Valvoline Synthetic Brake Fluid. Thanks Deus!!

Rim and rotos before install

Front rotor before install... Yuck!!! lol

Front after install and got the calipers painted to match car!!
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!
I dont like that little rust in the middle!! Looks like my rotor is pooping!! LMAO!!!!

Pic of rim and all the goodies together!! YAY YAY YAY!!!

I didnt know we were limited to how many pics!!! Booo!! lol I will post more guys YAY YAY YAY!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Where is my shirt?

This is the place that did it up right for me. If you are on Long Island... This is the place to go!!

The big dude is Dan. He actually did the work for me. The other dude just walked in the camera and posed then jumped in his car. I have no clue who he is. LOLOLOLOL!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

sweet man just one question though... didnt i read in a different thread that you were selling your car or just put it on craigslist ?

Either way... Nice set up im looking to do an upgrade REALLy soon maybe ill talk to chern/dues and get the same info
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 PM

Appearance

Grimmax! Long time no talk, looks like your @ it again, hooking that max up. Definitely, a great upgrade for the over-all appearance & suspension, very appealing. Keep us all posted with your next mod in the near future, an submit some more pics of a full angle of your ride. Looks like you've done some other mods since I've seen it last on C/D. Later........
Old 08-16-2007, 07:42 PM

what is the cost of the upgrade/project?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 AM
GrandPa

Looks hot.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Another satified customer!!! Looks great but ensure you break them in right, at least 500 miles of long stops and minimal heavy braking...
Old 08-17-2007, 02:33 PM

They look goob bro!!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Looking good man, yeah didn't you say you had your car up on craigslist or something?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by GrimMax
I dont like that little rust in the middle!! Looks like my rotor is pooping!! LMAO!!!!
glad you got the rotors properly.
kam
Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
sweet man just one question though... didnt i read in a different thread that you were selling your car or just put it on craigslist ?

Either way... Nice set up im looking to do an upgrade REALLy soon maybe ill talk to chern/dues and get the same info
LOl Yeah I put it on craiglist but I still want to do things to her. I figure it would help out also. I was thinking about talking her off though criaglist yesterday though. I dont know brother....

Thanks a lot!!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by chernmax
Another satified customer!!! Looks great but ensure you break them in right, at least 500 miles of long stops and minimal heavy braking...
Thanks Chern!! Yeah when I took her out from the shop, I was trying to do what was written on the Hawk Pads Box... you know.. that whole braking that at 35 mph then at 45.

I also wanted to ask you, Is there something that I can use to clean them? Cause they arent shining like they were before the pads touched them.

Yours look mega shiny!! lol
(That didnt sound right.. But you know what I mean!! lololol)
Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by The Presence
Grimmax! Long time no talk, looks like your @ it again, hooking that max up. Definitely, a great upgrade for the over-all appearance & suspension, very appealing. Keep us all posted with your next mod in the near future, an submit some more pics of a full angle of your ride. Looks like you've done some other mods since I've seen it last on C/D. Later........
Good hearing from you my friend

I will try to get more pics up soon. Thanks brother!!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:37 PM

where can i get all of this?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by illanoize
where can i get all of this?
I went to ebay and type in Nissan Maxima drilled slotted rotors.
Go with rotorpros though.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:11 AM

Nice! They do look good.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Where is my shirt?

Thanks bro
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Dang, at first I thought the red looked cheesy but after seeing the close-up pic of the sweet metal flake it looks kinda nice. I still prefer the fully zinc coated, but still nice lookin' brother.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:32 PM

so do you feel any difference in braking now? What can I expect to gain if I got this setup or something similar?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by Killah Kane
so do you feel any difference in braking now? What can I expect to gain if I got this setup or something similar?
Well the brakes are still breaking in. I was informed about 500 miles until they are extremely good to go. But I have notice that the car does stop and slow down a lot better. It is worth it. I wanted an upgrade mainly cause of the rims. They are heavy and the stocks were not really letting me stop like I want to.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:34 PM

HEy Chern Could you get me the link for the rotors! I need some bad and Where are you IN MD, I am in Souside of Baltimore. I wanna see the beast in person!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by JPIZZLE
HEy Chern Could you get me the link for the rotors! I need some bad and Where are you IN MD, I am in Souside of Baltimore. I wanna see the beast in person!

Hey bud...

You can just go to ebay and type in Nissan maxima Drilled Slotted Rotors
Look for the year and get rotorpros. Later!!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:40 PM

I got mine on ebay recently for 150$, guy added F/R ceramic pads for an extra $80. With ship I think it was like $240'ish to the door. For the price I couldn't be happier. Drilled/Slotted/Zinc'd.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by JPIZZLE
Go to eBay Motors and do a search for RotoPro rotors for a Nissan Maxima...

Oh and I'm about 1.5 hrs south of you near Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Lexington Part, MD.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
glad you got the rotors properly.
kam
Don't start that crap again! LOL. Mine were shipped to me from the same vendor with markings on the boxes opposite of what this shows. So that's how I had them installed.

Now I have a rant here, after reading all of that other long **** thread with Chern & Dues saying how happy they were, I also purchased this upgrade (with redstuff pads). I do not recall reading ANYTHING in that thread about how to break these in.

Now while at best this makes a minimal difference, I didn't do anything special for the first 500 miles. I wasn't out racing either, but just average around town driving. Am I at risk here?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Smoke_Screen
Don't start that crap again! LOL. Mine were shipped to me from the same vendor with markings on the boxes opposite of what this shows. So that's how I had them installed.

Now I have a rant here, after reading all of that other long **** thread with Chern & Dues saying how happy they were, I also purchased this upgrade (with redstuff pads). I do not recall reading ANYTHING in that thread about how to break these in.

Now while at best this makes a minimal difference, I didn't do anything special for the first 500 miles. I wasn't out racing either, but just average around town driving. Am I at risk here?
IMO yes, although my rotors did not come with any warnings, my new brake pads did and it stated the first 500 miles you should brake slower and use longer stopping distances. Just like anything, common sense says give all new things some break-in time...
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 AM
KC's FINEST

Why didn't you have them paint your eyelids..?

The brakes look good. I've had zero problems with mine.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
Why didn't you have them paint your eyelids..?

The brakes look good. I've had zero problems with mine.
LOL!!

I left them black because I like the black under side in the front. That vinyl part helps the eyelids stick out as long as I leave the black (Atleast thats what I figure).

Thanks brother
Old 09-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

do you guys think that by changing the rotors or having drilled rotors will completely kill the shimmy on the max? I was driving down hill one time and boy my steering felt like it was going to come off loose!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by flipnotix
do you guys think that by changing the rotors or having drilled rotors will completely kill the shimmy on the max? I was driving down hill one time and boy my steering felt like it was going to come off loose!
The shimmy that some cars have has never been tied to the brakes, shimmy's were normally felt when driving at the 50-70mph speed by most who had it and if you feel a bad shimmy when braking, suspect would be warped rotors which has been somewhat common...
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by GrimMax
Thanks Chern!! Yeah when I took her out from the shop, I was trying to do what was written on the Hawk Pads Box... you know.. that whole braking that at 35 mph then at 45.

I also wanted to ask you, Is there something that I can use to clean them? Cause they arent shining like they were before the pads touched them.

Yours look mega shiny!! lol
(That didnt sound right.. But you know what I mean!! lololol)

Sorry for the late reply, my rotors actually got more shinny after break-in by the new EBC pads alone. I tend not to buff or polish rotors for fear of making them slip under heavy braking. Not good...
Old 09-06-2007, 04:52 PM

so what's the best way to get around the shimmy? because it's bugging the h@## out of me right now? is it the pads or rotors? I'm looking for new rotors but don't know what's the best kind to get for my 06 max! can you give a brotha a hand in this matter??