6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Perhaps the Nismo CAI lends itself better to a larger MAF housing. It's already in pieces

Old 10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
dot dot dot ...

That and it does not incorporate the MAF within the assembly, meaning you actually use the OEM housing, unlike the Fujita.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
For me, no wires needed to be spliced. I'm sure this will also be the case with your as well. All you're doing is dropping the actual sensor into another housing, no wiring modifications re: MAF sensor.

Ok, you misunderstood my point. I meant that your sensor is the same as the Z33 unit. What this means is that all aftermakrket housings available for the Z33 will fit your car. What this also means is that your sensor = Z33 sensor, and buying one off car-part will only get you what you already have, housing and all.

So, look around, go custom, or find something that YOUR sensor fits into, which is what any other Z33 sensor will fit into. Search my350z for that thread explaining what was done in their case.

I thought that the housing meant the actual tube of the fujita in my case but it really is the small area where the MAF bolts to the fujita correct??
Old 10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by shawndon
I thought that the housing meant the actual tube of the fujita in my case but it really is the small area where the MAF bolts to the fujita correct??
The housing is the housing. In your case, it is the Fujita, in OEM and other cases, it's the black plastic tube that the sensor sits in.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:38 PM

You can see it here:

The Nismo using the stock housing
Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM

The housing is the housing. In your case, it is the Fujita, in OEM and other cases, it's the black plastic tube that the sensor sits in.
Gotcha. I want to see what the Z33 housing would do minus the fujita with my Greddy exhaust, TS tune. I also would need the safc 2 for tuning. I'm glad I kept my stock air box something to try in the spring too cold here now for me. Also I will getmy low end back. But what will happen to the mid-hidg end will I still have it with the mods I have(in my sig) minus the fujita??

Last edited by shawndon; 10-25-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:12 PM
dot dot dot ...

I want to see what the Z33 housing would do
If you're referring to the OEM Z housing then:
It will do the same thing it's done since you owned the car. It's the same sensor.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:15 PM

If you're referring to the OEM Z housing then:
It will do the same thing it's done since you owned the car. It's the same sensor.

Man I'm connfused i thought the Z33 housing was bigger.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:35 PM

Guys, you're horribly off topic and this is getting long in the tooth. I'm no moderator (obviously) but can you take this up via PM? Or possibly start another thread? I'm interested in the Osiris info but getting annoyed about posts every 2 seconds about MAF. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
I think they said a few days, but I'm not sure, so just e-mail them at info@uprev.com
Originally Posted by Mack
Guys, you're horribly off topic and this is getting long in the tooth. I'm no moderator (obviously) but can you take this up via PM? Or possibly start another thread? I'm interested in the Osiris info but getting annoyed about posts every 2 seconds about MAF. Thanks.

I think that post above is all they have for now. You could email uprev if you want.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Newbie just Registered

It is off topic, but still beneficial for you and others too; because if the osiris thing works out, MAF will be your next question.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax
It is off topic, but still beneficial for you and others too; because if the osiris thing works out, MAF will be your next question.

+1........this will be helpful in the end. Please don't take this to pm. Shawndon, you want to open another thread for MAF? Makes sense to me.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
+1........this will be helpful in the end. Please don't take this to pm. Shawndon, you want to open another thread for MAF? Makes sense to me.
I think it's helpful already. But the only thing is i probably wont do this mod until spring and also I want to make sure i get all the details. Yeah I could open another thread but we covered so much ground already. Guess there will have to be a link to this info in it.

Last edited by shawndon; 10-25-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM

was reading this then it def got off topic. man i wish there was such an easy reflash such as the osiris for the 5.5 gen. i would def spend the money on that as to sending the ecu off and all that. dont have time for that. 5.5 and 6th gen ecu totally different? jus wanna get a better idea. about to read the post on the my350z forum. good read overall. nmex jus keeps droppin down knowledge
Old 10-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by dizmax96
was reading this then it def got off topic. man i wish there was such an easy reflash such as the osiris for the 5.5 gen. i would def spend the money on that as to sending the ecu off and all that. dont have time for that. 5.5 and 6th gen ecu totally different? jus wanna get a better idea. about to read the post on the my350z forum. good read overall. nmex jus keeps droppin down knowledge
Technosquare?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:00 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by dizmax96
Ok, please let me know where Osiris is compatible for the 5.5 gen, I’m dying to know

Sorry , I’m going back to my old self again, sorry. No, there is no Osiris for the 5.5 gen, only Cipher, which is essentially a glorified data logging system with the typical OBDII capabilities (something that I’ve already covered at the beginning of this thread).

They’re not totally different, but as far as making them compatible, there are other more effecient things out there (UTEC/EMU /TS, etx )

Also, re: Z33 MAF, it might be a few hairs larger, but nothing to where you would notice a difference.

And yes, I've pretty much gone out of my way here since this has been covered almost tenfold, BUT, no one has yet to do it with the A34. So, I'm trying to encourage it. I know there are a few members out there that have means to do it too (larger MAF).
Old 10-25-2007, 08:17 PM

Myself and another 5.5g gen member were also pursuing this at one time. (Him more than me). It seems as if they are just not that interested in our market. So, what I did, as get the simple package. And all it includes is data logging and the normal OBDII capabilities (idle change, +2*BTDC, coolant test, cylinder test, fuel pressure test)

At 400$, I suppose it could have been able to do more, but the data logging alone is worth it IMO. For you 05+ members, you could log your WBO2’s and toss in an AFC and do some raw tuning with it.

But, I still think the UTEC is the way to go.

Also, on a side note, the A33B software had never been tested, only with one car, so they did not grant any guarantee to me it would work, but it did (minus the BCM functions). So, being that your ECU’s are quite similar to that of the Z33/V35, I would take a plunge and just try it for the heck of it. Hopefully they would offer a $back type of thing if it did not work.

And yes, the UTEC is a P&P for you guys. For us (A33B) we need to do some splicing, not again, not for you.
what were you talkin about here? im just saying i would much rather reflash the ecu thru the obd2 port then having gettin the ts or splicing a utec. just saying osiris would be nice if it were possible
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM
dot dot dot ...

Osiris is not compatible with the 5.5 gen, that was my point.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 AM

So where can I get a larger Z33 housing from. Is that aftermarket Z33 ones you were talking about?? are the actually larger??
Old 10-26-2007, 06:03 AM

It should also be the "NEXT TOPIC" because currently this thread is WAY OFF it.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 AM
dot dot dot ...

It should also be the "NEXT TOPIC" because currently this thread is WAY OFF it.
Stop your *****ing, this is the most technical this forum has been for a while, don't be mad at us if you don't understand it.

If a mod/admin sees it appropriate, he will split the thread as so. If you are really concerned, take those concerns up the ladder and ask a mod/admin to split it.

I did that with my LRMAF thread, and it got done.

So where can I get a larger Z33 housing from. Is that aftermarket Z33 ones you were talking about?? are the actually larger??
I'd say or www.my350z.com would be a good place to start. I remember seeing one available back in the day, but can't remember it offhand. Before trying to find a housing, I would look into what other items it entails. (WBO2/AFC)
Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 AM

You're right Nmex. My apologies.

Unsubscribed. Someone please give me an update when there is a relevant post regarding Osiris.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:20 AM

Stop your *****ing, this is the most technical this forum has been for a while, don't be mad at us if you don't understand it.

If a mod/admin sees it appropriate, he will split the thread as so. If you are really concerned, take those concerns up the ladder and ask a mod/admin to split it.

I did that with my LRMAF thread, and it got done.

I'd say or www.my350z.com would be a good place to start. I remember seeing one available back in the day, but can't remember it offhand. Before trying to find a housing, I would look into what other items it entails. (WBO2/AFC)
I do want to do this mod Nmex. I have the Fujita, but I don't see why someone with a grinder can't cut out a bigger area. I have an earlier 04 so I'd need a WBO2 and a Q45 Maf (and a Utec).

I see there are concerns about fuel MPG...could you elaborate? Did you see a huge decrease? Of course with any mod you'll see some decrease, but I'd like to know if I'm going to be getting 14 MPG.

Joshua
Old 10-26-2007, 07:50 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by philoforlife
I do want to do this mod Nmex. I have the Fujita, but I don't see why someone with a grinder can't cut out a bigger area. I have an earlier 04 so I'd need a WBO2 and a Q45 Maf (and a Utec).

I see there are concerns about fuel MPG...could you elaborate? Did you see a huge decrease? Of course with any mod you'll see some decrease, but I'd like to know if I'm going to be getting 14 MPG.

Joshua
They're not MPG #'s, they're Air/Fuel Ratio numbers. Even though the links in the thread I posted are dead, the thread itself tells you everything you need to know.

LArger ID re: MAF = ECU sees a lot LESS air, so severely lowers IPW (Injector Pulse Width), this dramatically (depending in MAF size (ID), decreases fuel to the engine, consequently, the engine runs VERY (again, dependent on MAF ID) lean.

So, in return, you must add fuel accordingly. But, you need tom know how much to add. This is where a WBO2 comes into play. Or, for you 05+ owners, a simple OBDII data logging/monitoring software should suffice since you already have stock WB's in place already.

If using a SAFC or NEO (Not sure about the NEO, but almost 98%)you can tell it (NEO) to compensate globally (essentially sift the curve using some sort of correction factor) so that you do not have to make any AFR adjustments, as it will maintain whatever the STOCK ECU was doing prior to the larger MAF housing.

This can be done in the SAFC/NEO settings. There is a setting that refers to IN/OUT settings. IN corresponds to the MAF being used. OUT tells the unit (SAFC/NEO)what ECU is being used (there is a numerical value input that corresponds to a unique identifier re: vehicle/ECU). So, the AFC knows how much to compensate in order to maintain stock AFR.

In my case, I'm using 1 IN 17 OUT. 1 = Q45, 17 = A33 Maxima.

Ok, I actually do think it's time to split threads now.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM

So anyone planning on going to the shop to do this?

Here is the most recent e-mail from UpRev

"Daniel,
I missed that thread, please send me a link!!
been too busy working and not enough time on the forums lately, but I like
the sound of it so far...

To my knowledge, no-one has brought by a maxima. And we were out last week
for SEMA. Let's hold off on sending the ECU for another month. In the
meantime, see if you can get some of other guys to contact me at
info@uprev.com so we can schedule them to come buy.
If nothing comes up, I'll have you ship the ECU when it is convenient, but
we are backed up with other development at the moment. I won't forget
about this though. Sorry about the JDM confusion earlier as well.

Thanks again.
Matt"

DEUS-Did you by chance speak to them when you went to SEMA?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM

So anyone planning on going to the shop to do this?

Here is the most recent e-mail from UpRev

"Daniel,
I missed that thread, please send me a link!!
been too busy working and not enough time on the forums lately, but I like
the sound of it so far...

To my knowledge, no-one has brought by a maxima. And we were out last week
for SEMA. Let's hold off on sending the ECU for another month. In the
meantime, see if you can get some of other guys to contact me at
info@uprev.com so we can schedule them to come buy.
If nothing comes up, I'll have you ship the ECU when it is convenient, but
we are backed up with other development at the moment. I won't forget
about this though. Sorry about the JDM confusion earlier as well.

Thanks again.
Matt"

DEUS-Did you by chance speak to them when you went to SEMA?
I wonder which one is better UTEC or OSIRIS.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 AM

I wonder which one is better UTEC or OSIRIS.
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288717

If Osiris is available for the Max, then I am ALL OVER IT!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:13 AM

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288717

If Osiris is available for the Max, then I am ALL OVER IT!
Yeah I read that thread. It will be a tough decision. I dont want to make the wrong choice. But the fact that OSIRIS is a re flash and not a piggyback almost makes the choice easy. Dan are you going to send him your ECU??

Last edited by shawndon; 11-06-2007 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:16 AM

I'm in for it when its available. Someone get down there already...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 AM

Yeah I read that thread. It will be a tough decision. I dont want to make the wrong choice. But the fact that OSIRIS is a re flash and not a piggyback almost makes the choice easy. Dan are you going to send him your ECU??
Matt told me to hold off on sending the ECU because they are backed up with other projects right now, and he will try to get some 6th gens in there to test out.

But if there is no progress within a month, he said that I could send mine out!

For me, it's Osiris all the way if and when it becomes available.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:29 AM

Matt told me to hold off on sending the ECU because they are backed up with other projects right now, and he will try to get some 6th gens in there to test out.

But if there is no progress within a month, he said that I could send mine out!

For me, it's Osiris all the way if and when it becomes available.
I understand why you chose OSIRIS. With the luck we been having lately, OSIRIS for the 6th gen and the headers may come out around the same time. Now will we be able to have our shop locally tune it??
Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 AM

I understand why you chose OSIRIS. With the luck we been having lately, OSIRIS for the 6th gen and the headers may come out around the same time. Now will we be able to have our shop locally tune it??
From my understanding, you don't need it!

Long story short, you record run-files of your car, send them by e-mail to UpRev, and they adjust accordingly and to your liking, and then send it back by e-mail and you upload the files through your OBDII port! FTMFW!

I'm a little enthused about this product if you couldn't tell!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 AM

From my understanding, you don't need it!

Long story short, you record run-files of your car, send them by e-mail to UpRev, and they adjust accordingly and to your liking, and then send it back by e-mail and you upload the files through your OBDII port! FTMFW!

I'm a little enthused about this product if you couldn't tell!
Yes, this is exactly how it works. They are releasing a version shortly that allows you to tune at a shop as well.

Joshua
Old 11-06-2007, 08:18 AM

Yes, this is exactly how it works. They are releasing a version shortly that allows you to tune at a shop as well.

Joshua
Naice! I guess I'm not the only one reading up their site!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:40 AM

Joshua
Yeah it seems like it will be an awesome product. Lets hhope they get to us soon.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 AM

I wouldn't have started had you not pointed my in that direction

Joshua
Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 AM

I wouldn't have started had you not pointed my in that direction

Joshua
My techniques have been taught from NmexMAX lol