6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Splitter INSTALLED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
the anti rice

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Looks like you don’t need help in that area

LOL.....just what I figured...stock with tint. Oooooooh easy there, hope you didn’t go to dark, you might scare yourself. One thing at a time, wouldn’t want you to go overboard or anything.

Zuko, you’ve had like 4 posts total on the .org and none of them add any value.

Time will tell, maybe your car will turn out perfect, and maybe you’ll invent some sweet mods to put on it and get it right the first time. But until then why don’t you step up your game and add some comments that are above the 5th grade level.

Joshua, I never said "To argue that saying a car is overboard is "flaming" because someone doesn't post pics of their own car? "

I actually agree with what your saying and getting input and evaluating each thing you do to a car. It's a free country and people are free to say what they want. (which is part of the reason, I am speaking up). You can defend Zuko and his comments if you like, thats up to you. I respect you and what you've added to the .org. It's just the stupid s%&t, like Zuko is spewing that is so lame. No value add to the .org from him so far. Maybe that will change.
One posts on a message boards to get an opinion. That's exactly what I gave him.

"Mods" other than maybe bigger wheels, bigger brakes to stop those (bigger) wheels and possibly a lowering kit are probably the only things that should be done to a FWD 4-door semi-luxury sedan. Anything more and you're pushing it in my opinion. If I wanted a race car in which I felt ever little crack on the road I would never buy a maxima, or perhaps any other FWD car.

I bought the maxima for it's quiet ride and interior space, being that I'm 6'8" tall.

Trust me I know rice very well, I have one of my own in the garage that I've had since my high school days.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by zuko
One posts on a message boards to get an opinion. That's exactly what I gave him.

"Mods" other than maybe bigger wheels, bigger brakes to stop those (bigger) wheels and possibly a lowering kit are probably the only things that should be done to a FWD 4-door semi-luxury sedan. Anything more and you're pushing it in my opinion. If I wanted a race car in which I felt ever little crack on the road I would never buy a maxima, or perhaps any other FWD car.

I bought the maxima for it's quiet ride and interior space, being that I'm 6'8" tall.

Trust me I know rice very well, I have one of my own in the garage that I've had since my high school days.

With the right mods you can have your cake and eat it too...
Old 12-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Turbo'd Saab

CF it and then maybe paint it, but if you get the bracer bars on it may work out better
Old 12-17-2007, 06:41 PM

Hey...

I am over from the 5th generation side and have never seen talk about Splitters. Do they really improve handling? How?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Deus,

I like your ideas of the rear defuser and the front splitter. Your trial pieces give a glimps of what can be done to enhance the look of the Max and possibly give some performance improvement at track speeds. But...... the "finished" product is not of sufficient quality to put on for daily use. If you want to bolt these pieces on for your track days then that should be ok b/c then it is for go and not for show. But to leave them on for everyday driving then I would have to say no. Your work may pique the interest of a professional auto parts maker to make those products for the 6th. Maybe "the Presence" can do some stuff for you, he seems to be pretty handy in the garage. Like many here, I applaud your efforts to see what can be done for the 6th gen but it is ultimately up to you on how you want your car to look and make you happy.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 PM

Your car looks great but I'm on the fence about the splitter.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 PM
This Space for Rent

sorry dude, i dont like it at all.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:15 PM
retired moderator

Not feeling it, personally - although it does have a few points in its favor:
1. protects the front lip
2. at least it's not gay carbon-fiber with supports
3. at least you didn't spend much on it.
4. you're trying new ideas that haven't been done before. And I can personally vouch for the fact that some DIY ideas don't turn out as good as expected

Looks-wise....ehh....6th gens are already pretty busy on the outside, and yours has alot going on with colors, accents, etc. Not really my style..

BTW, to others posting in this thread:

You WILL keep it civil or you WILL find yourself banned. There is no need to flame just because you don't like a mod or idea. You can express critical opinions without flaming.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:30 PM

eh. not feelin the mirror pin stripe/ sideskirts. but hey your car! im sure the splitter looks better in person but it looks wavy in these pics.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
So the consensus is to at least paint the splitter or better yet, cover with CF? Also, I should get the turnbuckles too, right?
Consensus is it looks like you took a 5 dollar piece of plastic and bolted it to your car....

Oh wait...

Joshua
Old 12-17-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by philoforlife
Consensus is it looks like you took a 5 dollar piece of plastic and bolted it to your car....

Oh wait...

Joshua
No reason to act like an a$$ over it, knowing Deus he put a lot of hard work and effort like he has consistently done for this forum and bottom line good or bad, keep it civil, your comment is an insult and you know it!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 AM

Props on the mod. I bet it would look a lot better with carbon fiber though.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
No reason to act like an a$$ over it, knowing Deus he put a lot of hard work and effort like he has consistently done for this forum and bottom line good or bad, keep it civil, your comment is an insult and you know it!!!
An insult?!

An insult?!

Did you read any of my posts before that in this thread? Here we are with "consistently done for this forum" blah blah blah again. A spade is a spade is a spade. He cut out a 5 dollar piece of plastic and bolted it to the bottom of a 35,000 luxury vehicle. To be honest, if I saw that in person, I'd take it as an insult. It is certainly a civil comment.

Since the point is made, I'm done posting or beating a dead horse. He can do as he pleases, obviously. It certainly looks as it does, and he feels it looks a certain way, and so I'll go back to life, and you all can keep arguing over whether or not it looks good.

For reference:

Un-Civil Remarks

Deus - Your front snow plow still looks like ***, please don't make me and other maxima owners look like idiots. You are just throwing random, unecessary parts on your car.

Apollos - Those must be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a maxima. Did you get those from Sears? What's up with the rear window spoiler? Are you turning your maxima into an STI?

Joshua

Last edited by philoforlife; 12-18-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'll give you that for sure, I lowered the car and the ride quality definitely dropped on other hand, she feels way more stable on the corners and high speeds, and I haven't even done a lot of suspension mods (endlinks, shocks etc..)

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Deus,

I like your ideas of the rear defuser and the front splitter. Your trial pieces give a glimps of what can be done to enhance the look of the Max and possibly give some performance improvement at track speeds. But...... the "finished" product is not of sufficient quality to put on for daily use. If you want to bolt these pieces on for your track days then that should be ok b/c then it is for go and not for show. But to leave them on for everyday driving then I would have to say no. Your work may pique the interest of a professional auto parts maker to make those products for the 6th. Maybe "the Presence" can do some stuff for you, he seems to be pretty handy in the garage. Like many here, I applaud your efforts to see what can be done for the 6th gen but it is ultimately up to you on how you want your car to look and make you happy.
Blackmax, I think you hit it on the head, it doesn't look finished, but then again, it's almost like a trial fit because it wasn't expensive and can come right off. Once you start painting it the cost goes up.
A guy has also got to weigh functionality vs/with appearance and what the goal of the car is. Clearly autocross is big for Deus and if the splitter really does help then perhaps popping it on for racing is the way to go. I'm sure some guys I see at the 1/4 track started with daily drivers and eventually transformed them to a "track only" car. Is that where Deus will go? Is that where the car belongs? It does seem to me that it tough to get real performs gains without compromising comfort, luxury and gas mileage, unless you want to buy an $80k BMW or something like that.

The big question to me is, does it really work and will he reach those speeds on an auto cross track? It does still look wavy and I'm not sure why? Is it so flexible that it bends at high speed? The clear consensus is that people prefer the car without it but if it really helps him to grab the lowest time at the track, then IMHO it's worth it keep on the car.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:05 AM

I don't think it looks bad, but I do think if you were to take, say 1/4-1/3 of the splitter off around it would flow better. idk. just something you might want to consider. seems a lil overpowering as far as cosmetics go.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by chernmax
Jeezzzzz guys. Cut Deus some slack, will ya! It's one thing to say you didn't like the splitter, or you think its ugly or even say it may look ricey. But to insult the guy! Come'on. That is pushing it. He put work into this.

Deus, like I said before. I didn't like it myself. Not my style. But man, sure keep the ideas coming buddy!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:39 AM

It does look better in person. It will look better painted, and maybe even better with CF overlay.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Deus, Now thats its bolted maybe try making it shorter so that maybe its bit wider on the sides and almost even with the stillen in the middle. keep it shorter overall thou.

I give you 20 out of 10 points for trying. I don't have the ability or space to even attempt anything similar so you are then man. I understand that this is work in progress and all but if you like it finish it and leave it. If you yourself don't like it, remove it. Opinions are good and help with new ideas or improvements but they shouldn't make you change your mind on owning a product.

Think about it. If you asked any maxima related question in Civic forum everyone will tell you to sell the max. would you do it? You'd do what you feel is right!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:45 AM

I plan to keep it. I like the look. I do plan to shape it this weekend and paint it.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Deus, Now thats its bolted maybe try making it shorter so that maybe its bit wider on the sides and almost even with the stillen in the middle. keep it shorter overall thou.

I give you 20 out of 10 points for trying. I don't have the ability or space to even attempt anything similar so you are then man. !
Can you show me your idea with photoshop or something?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:13 AM
SickSE

ENOUGH MODS

ENOUGH MODS

ENOUGH MODS

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP...........

.....................enough.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by HedgeHog
Props on the mod. I bet it would look a lot better with carbon fiber though.
I agree here also. I like the look but Carbon FIber would look amazing!!
Do you plan on getting that Carbon Fiber hood when it comes out?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:44 PM

A splitter is a splitter. It's not a bumper, its not a spoiler, its a splitter. It has to look that way to be functional.

Great job Deus. That's the picture I had in mind. With adjusters and a bit of shine, it will be even better.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM

not feelin it Deus. Sick car non-the-less but for some reason the splitter doesn't flow well with the whole look of your car. but props for trying something different.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by SickSE
ENOUGH MODS

ENOUGH MODS

ENOUGH MODS

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP...........

.....................enough.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

i like.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 PM

This one is pretty schweet too Deuce. Just giving you ideas here. More of a lip and splitter combo but damn sharp looking. I know some don't like the turnbuckles but I think they give an aggressive look.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
i SeE what you did therE

wash your car before you take any more pics....

BTW...i think its great...
Old 12-18-2007, 07:49 PM

I like your car without the splitter ! All blacked out looks bad azzzz!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Every body have different taste, some like 20 some 22 and others 19 an 18, i think if someone install something on there car it must be because they like it ,i happend to like the look of deusemax with spiltter.

Last edited by VQPRO; 12-18-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:07 AM

I called stillen and they are gonna sell me a couple of splitters. Ill pick them up today. Now just gotta figure out where to mount them. Ill be back in a few hours, and Ill check this thread, so if anyone has ideas, please post.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:02 PM

Got the turnbuckles
Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by tehaviator
I like this guy already. Blunt. To the point. Totally my style
You two should hook up

Deus - Your front snow plow still looks like ***, please don't make me and other maxima owners look like idiots. You are just throwing random, unecessary parts on your car.

Apollos - Those must be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a maxima. Did you get those from Sears? What's up with the rear window spoiler? Are you turning your maxima into an STI?

Zuko why did you even join this forum?? The way you come across is wrong and a good way to make enemies here which means when it comes time to get assistance you're SOL. And before you start bashing others ideas you should do some mods of your own first. And it's a lot of maximas on this board that look alot better that your "ricer" car in all gens. Some of the new people on this forum now talk alot of smack. Also the two people you mentioned above have ALOT more credibility on this forum than you. You sound like you dont like the scene anyway so just ride out.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Here is my car: Stock 2007 SL - Only window tint at the time

?

Dude, what did you tint it with, ceran wrap?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM

Last edited by chernmax; 12-20-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Play with fire.......
Old 12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
the anti rice

That picture is obviously pre-tint and with the new car paperwork still on the window. But I thought I'd explain it to you anyways, as you obviously lack the mental capacity to figure that out yourself.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

That picture is obviously pre-tint and with the new car paperwork still on the window. But I thought I'd explain it to you anyways, as you obviously lack the mental capacity to figure that out yourself.
Oh, thank you, how nice. I actually though your tints were in the 90s.

Welcome to the org
Old 12-20-2007, 05:18 PM

How is this:

Old 12-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Newbie just Registered

Before drilling holes, see if you can get a splitter for another car and fabricate it to fit. There are several flat ones available w/ no lip. Check Autobacs.

Quick Reply: Splitter INSTALLED!!!!