6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Splitter INSTALLED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Splitter INSTALLED!!!!

Here it is:

Materials:
- 4'x8' sheet 3/16" black ABS plastic. One side is rough, other is smooth. I did rough side up.
- a bunch of 1" 5/16" bolts, nuts and washers.

I first was going to try to make a whole undertray with the end of it being the splitter. I realized that there was no reasonable way to easily bolt the front bolts. So . . . I cut out the middle area which left just the outside border. The factory undertray probably does an adequate job anyway.

I just drilled holes about every 6-7 inches or so and bolts the splitter to the underside.

Remember, I have a Stillen lip, so I doubt this exact one would fit the factory front.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:32 PM

More pics:

Old 12-16-2007, 06:57 PM

It looks weird to me, but I can see the function of it, keeping car grounded,and protecting ur lip. Props to DIY!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 PM

same i wasn't really feeling it when u first said u wanted to do it but it really doesn't look that bad at all. it works with ur car
Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 PM

I Think it look Beeeauuutiful. Hahha but really it adds something to the car that seems to be missing. Good Job on making it look quality. Please go and grease those tires down!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:32 PM

all i gotta say is, it only looks good on you. dont try it no more lol
Old 12-16-2007, 07:56 PM

hey DEUS nice job on the splitter! its came out pretty cool, your car is definitly a step ahead.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Turbo'd Saab

you need the bracer bars and a carbon fiber overlay IMO
That would finish it off in my opinion
Old 12-16-2007, 08:46 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

well buddy... its looks damn good.... i wasnt feeling the phot shop ... but it looks great..

BTW when we doing my lights? LOL
Old 12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
the anti rice

Old 12-16-2007, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by zuko
you've got some cohonas...

Any DIY project on something that hasn't been done, I think deserves props. Nice job Deus.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
boost me.....

looks kinda cheap IMO....

A+ for effort.....cover that bisssch in carbon fiber FTW!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 PM
*moderator*

Nice one, always the originator of mods for the 6th gen!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 11:54 PM

Well, I'll get my flamesuit out....

You've actually been one of the modders here that I've had a lot of respect for in the past. Anyone who's been around for the past year knows that I'm not well liked around here because of my blunt opinions.

I have liked every mod you've done except for these last two.

The red pinstripes on the mirrors are a bit overboard, and this recent mod just seems a bit low budget from what I've seen from you in the past.

Not a big fan of the Home-Depot style modding. Your car used to be one of the classiest heavily modded cars on here, but that prestige seems to be slipping a bit...
Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 PM

I like this guy already. Blunt. To the point. Totally my style
Old 12-17-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by tehaviator
Well, I'll get my flamesuit out....

You've actually been one of the modders here that I've had a lot of respect for in the past. Anyone who's been around for the past year knows that I'm not well liked around here because of my blunt opinions.

I have liked every mod you've done except for these last two.

The red pinstripes on the mirrors are a bit overboard, and this recent mod just seems a bit low budget from what I've seen from you in the past.

Not a big fan of the Home-Depot style modding. Your car used to be one of the classiest heavily modded cars on here, but that prestige seems to be slipping a bit...
I mean no offence, deus. I have a lot of respect for you and for the effort you put in, Hats off to you because you did what you have to and it should always be like that. A +++ on the Effort but....

Unfortunately, I have to agree with tehaviator

I honestly think it looks cheap and does not really flow well in my opinion. Maybe it's the material i.e. plastic or the whole idea itself.

Here's what I'd do if i were you: Off with the splitter and off with the decals on the sides.

If you're really keen on keeping it then try some other material because this honestly loses the image of a 50 k car and makes it look otherwise.

Once again, I mean no offence to you - I like everything you've done so far but sometimes like most people say less is simple.

Stickers for maximas are a no-go unless it's in one "decent" spot

Finally, I on the other hand do like the new pinstripes but W/O the decals and red pinstripes on the car.

Good Luck, Deus !

P.S: For the steering wheel and seats mod that you did - I honestly have mad respect for you because I LOVE BOTH MODS.

Peace !
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 AM

I know the splitter is a bit wavy, I have to put the adjusters on. It doesn't look cheap in person. Ill get CF overlay for it and straighten it out. That should help.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 AM

Well I'm a 5.5 gen but i have been keeping up on yor mods.

I agree with some above and think with the links and some caron fibor overlay it may look nice. So far it's not what I was hopng for when I was keeping up with your other thread.

I also give you props for experimenting and doing things like others wont try like the seats, shift **** and so on but think this mod is not finished and should be still sitting in your old thread about the creation.

i just feel It looks a little ricy and I didn't expect that from you and was hoping for something that looked like it came from a distributor/manufacturer.

Good job either way, You have done more than I would of come up with...
Can't wait to see the final outcome.

BTW, I saw your vid with your runs through the cones when you placed with one of the best times and your driving was great. IF you think this is going to help mutch on those courses then I don't care how it looks. It just goes to show that you aint all about looks but like to drive also.

Keep up the moddin!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 AM

It looks good only because your car setup looks like a real JDM machine , nice job, the cf would give a more rich look
Old 12-17-2007, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by tehaviator
I like this guy already. Blunt. To the point. Totally my style
It's not blunt, or to the point. It's called crap. What kind of comments are those?? You need to keep that B.S to yourself
It's one thing not to like something, and make some constructive comments and criticism but I am definitely not down with that. And this from a couple of guys whose cars I've never seen pics of before. If you have some pics post em up. Don't be shy, where is your sig pic?

It's always easier to tear something down, any fool can say something sucks, it's takes a motivated person to get out there and actually try something that hasn't been done on our cars before. R&D sitting at your own kitchen table. Deus is one of a hand full of guys on this site the keeps pushing the envelope.

Bro it goes with you theme, it's cool. I would also like to see a CF overlay or perhaps painted to match. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Apollos2

It's not blunt, or to the point. It's called crap. What kind of comments are those?? You need to keep that B.S to yourself
It's one thing not to like something, and make some constructive comments and criticism but I am definitely not down with that. And this from a couple of guys whose cars I've never seen pics of before. If you have some pics post em up. Don't be shy, where is your sig pic?

It's always easier to tear something down, any fool can say something sucks, it's takes a motivated person to get out there and actually try something that hasn't been done on our cars before. R&D sitting at your own kitchen table. Deus is one of a hand full of guys on this site the keeps pushing the envelope.

Bro it goes with you theme, it's cool. I would also like to see a CF overlay or perhaps painted to match. Keep up the good work!
I couldn't disagree with you more. This is probably the most "sympathetic" website I've ever been too. Trust me, if this happened on any other message board (that being, members felt generally negative towards a mod) they would certainly not be afraid to say so. This is a message board. It's function is to trade ideas. Not to baby people into thinking anything they do to a car is "beautiful" simply because they were the first to do it.

True, it is easy to sit behind a keyboard and tear something down. True, not everyone's car is modified as heavily as Deus'. However, I will stand by the opinion that Deus' car has now stopped looking classy and is traveling down the road towards ricer. I'm sure that if Deus was not a member in his standing here and came here today and this was his first post, MANY more people would be shaking their heads.

But the point is, even if every person liked it but one, that one person is allowed to say whatever they want. I can only HOPE that I have such people saying things about my modifications...it allows me to have a real opinion of what's happening, as we are often blinded by our own prejudices towards our cars.

To back this up, I'll tell my own story - I painted the mesh on my E&G Classic Grille black to go with my theme. Looked good to me. Got some positive comments and some negative comments. One member commented "Makes the grill look too small - take it off." I'll tell you what, he was right. After 3 months I bought paint remover and took it off - I couldn't be happier. I would not have known this otherwise.

Now, my own opinion. The car to me looks like a ricer car. I don't like ricer cars. It seems to me that Deus is doing whatever he can to tack things on to the outside. I've liked a lot of his mods. The steering wheel is PHENOMENAL. Probably one of my favorite mods on this site. I love the eyelids. I love the wheels. But now there are stickers and pinstripes and cheap plastic. I'm falling out of love with it.

Even more so, I don't believe the car is nearly as fast as is "advertised". By this I mean, I am of the mindset that I DEMAND someone have a truly fast car if they are going to make it look aggressive. This is a personal opinion. If I pull up to a 97 Cavalier with a body kit, eyelids, and spoiler, it better have a turbo or nitrous or SOMETHING other than a stock engine. Deus' engine is not stock, however, he hasn't invested the money in the engine, rather the outside. Which is fine, of course. But I believe the car looks far too aggressive with 3 spoilers and a splitter for this engine.

Finally, If anyone would like to argue the above points (ie. my opinion) with me, I'll gladly sit behind the keyboard sipping on a hot chocolate chuckling to myself. To argue that saying a car is overboard is "flaming" because someone doesn't post pics of their own car? Please. That comment above about my grill was made by someone with a bone stock car. And god help me, just like black rims with a chrome lip, the black mesh with chrome surround made my grille look small.

So, in closing, all I have to say is

After typing all that, I have to add that I love Mr. Deus, always. My opinions of his recent path of modding withstanding, he is awesome - and that isn't opinion, that is fact.

Joshua

Last edited by philoforlife; 12-17-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
the anti rice

Dumbest post ever. If this was his first post on here he would get torn up with ricer comments so much that he would sell his 4 door sedan and buy a civic on which crap like he is doing actually belongs. Better yet, sign up to offtopic.com and post on the main forum the pics of your car. I am willing to bet you will never return. Philo I agree with everything you said but I'll play with this fool.

Here is my car: Stock 2007 SL - Only window tint at the time

Now that I've posted pics I'm allowed to express my opinion toward other cars according to you. So here it is:

Deus - Your front snow plow still looks like ***, please don't make me and other maxima owners look like idiots. You are just throwing random, unecessary parts on your car.

Apollos - Those must be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a maxima. Did you get those from Sears? What's up with the rear window spoiler? Are you turning your maxima into an STI?

Last edited by zuko; 12-17-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:50 AM

Paint it, it looks unfinished this way.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Dumbest post ever. If this was his first post on here he would get torn up with ricer comments so much that he would sell his 4 door sedan and buy a civic on which crap like he is doing actually belongs. Better yet, sign up to offtopic.com and post on the main forum the pics of your car. I am willing to bet you will never return. Philo I agree with everything you said but I'll play with this fool.

Here is my car: Stock 2007 SL - Only window tint at the time

Now that I've posted pics I'm allowed to express my opinion toward other cars according to you. So here it is:

Deus - Your front snow plow still looks like ***, please don't make me and other maxima owners look like idiots. You are just throwing random, unecessary parts on your car.

Apollos - Those must be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a maxima. Did you get those from Sears? What's up with the rear window spoiler? Are you turning your maxima into an STI?
Dude criticism is cool and all, but total insults is not neccessary. So you dont like it, thats cool, but don't say he is embarassing every other maxima owner, cause in all honesty I think its great now that he's done it. So you don't like it, thats all you have to say.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 AM

.....Deus - Your front snow plow still looks like ***, please don't make me and other maxima owners look like idiots.....:
Looks like you don’t need help in that area

..... Apollos - Those must be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a maxima. Did you get those from Sears? What's up with the rear window spoiler? Are you turning your maxima into an STI?
LOL.....just what I figured...stock with tint. Oooooooh easy there, hope you didn’t go to dark, you might scare yourself. One thing at a time, wouldn’t want you to go overboard or anything.

Zuko, you’ve had like 4 posts total on the .org and none of them add any value.

I've beel lurking the forums for a while and every post that I see you make I can't help but scream rice. There are cars out there that are tastefully modded, you on the other hand can't seem to grasp this concept.
i think i just threw up a little
Time will tell, maybe your car will turn out perfect, and maybe you’ll invent some sweet mods to put on it and get it right the first time. But until then why don’t you step up your game and add some comments that are above the 5th grade level.

Originally Posted by philoforlife
........To back this up, I'll tell my own story - I painted the mesh on my E&G Classic Grille black to go with my theme. Looked good to me. Got some positive comments and some negative comments. One member commented "Makes the grill look too small - take it off." I'll tell you what, he was right. After 3 months I bought paint remover and took it off - I couldn't be happier. I would not have known this otherwise.

Now, my own opinion. The car to me looks like a ricer car. I don't like ricer cars. It seems to me that Deus is doing whatever he can to tack things on to the outside. I've liked a lot of his mods. The steering wheel is PHENOMENAL. Probably one of my favorite mods on this site. I love the eyelids. I love the wheels. But now there are stickers and pinstripes and cheap plastic. I'm falling out of love with it.

Even more so, I don't believe the car is nearly as fast as is "advertised". By this I mean, I am of the mindset that I DEMAND someone have a truly fast car if they are going to make it look aggressive. This is a personal opinion. If I pull up to a 97 Cavalier with a body kit, eyelids, and spoiler, it better have a turbo or nitrous or SOMETHING other than a stock engine. Deus' engine is not stock, however, he hasn't invested the money in the engine, rather the outside. Which is fine, of course. But I believe the car looks far too aggressive with 3 spoilers and a splitter for this engine.

Finally, If anyone would like to argue the above points (ie. my opinion) with me, I'll gladly sit behind the keyboard sipping on a hot chocolate chuckling to myself. To argue that saying a car is overboard is "flaming" because someone doesn't post pics of their own car? Please........Joshua
Joshua, I never said "To argue that saying a car is overboard is "flaming" because someone doesn't post pics of their own car? "

I actually agree with what your saying and getting input and evaluating each thing you do to a car. It's a free country and people are free to say what they want. (which is part of the reason, I am speaking up). You can defend Zuko and his comments if you like, thats up to you. I respect you and what you've added to the .org. It's just the stupid s%&t, like Zuko is spewing that is so lame. No value add to the .org from him so far. Maybe that will change.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Weeeellll, I've been holding back my opinion for a day now but I can't resist. The problem I have with Dues' setup is there are too many lines; the bumper creates a line, the Stillen lip creates a line and now the splitter creates yet another line. Then there's the line highlighted in red in the grill. There's just way too many lines on your car.

I was tellin my buddy the other day when I first saw it that your car is right on the edge of rice but I won't call it rice at this moment.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 AM

JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:45 AM

Looks like you don’t need help in that area

LOL.....just what I figured...stock with tint. Oooooooh easy there, hope you didn’t go to dark, you might scare yourself. One thing at a time, wouldn’t want you to go overboard or anything.

Zuko, you’ve had like 4 posts total on the .org and none of them add any value.

Time will tell, maybe your car will turn out perfect, and maybe you’ll invent some sweet mods to put on it and get it right the first time. But until then why don’t you step up your game and add some comments that are above the 5th grade level.

Joshua, I never said "To argue that saying a car is overboard is "flaming" because someone doesn't post pics of their own car? "

I actually agree with what your saying and getting input and evaluating each thing you do to a car. It's a free country and people are free to say what they want. (which is part of the reason, I am speaking up). You can defend Zuko and his comments if you like, thats up to you. I respect you and what you've added to the .org. It's just the stupid s%&t, like Zuko is spewing that is so lame. No value add to the .org from him so far. Maybe that will change.
No, Zuko went a little overboard, and sadly, his next post was even more overboard.

I agree with you Mr. Apollo.

Yours,

Joshua
Old 12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
KC's FINEST

Uhhh....
Old 12-17-2007, 09:56 AM

very cool mod! so... how does it feel on freeway now? give us some feedback!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Weeeellll, I've been holding back my opinion for a day now but I can't resist. The problem I have with Dues' setup is there are too many lines; the bumper creates a line, the Stillen lip creates a line and now the splitter creates yet another line. Then there's the line highlighted in red in the grill. There's just way too many lines on your car.

I was tellin my buddy the other day when I first saw it that your car is right on the edge of rice but I won't call it rice at this moment.
I wouldn't say Rice, because now your technically comparing his maxima to a kid in a honda civic.

I know alot of people haven't liked deus last two mods, but he is being very creative and being a bit of a pioneer with it all. Give it a chance and be critics about it, but just don't call it rice cause thats a little too far over in my opinion
Old 12-17-2007, 11:19 AM

I was driving on the freeway today and I was going over an interechange around a sweeping turn at 80 plus and it stuck to the road. But when I really noticed it was when i wasnt thinking about it,and the car felt different going over these undulations. Normally the car bounces fairly good but as it went up, it felt like it pulled down. Its afterwards i realized that it may have been the splitter holding the car down, who really knows?

I may paint it pending CF overlay install.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:16 PM
MAXIN' ON

I love the seats and like the rear diffuser idea but not feeling the the pinstrip or the splitter. Might look better with cf or turnbuckels. A little wavy. Props for the idea and atleast giving it a try.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:44 PM

those rims are sick!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Deus. Man oh man. You sound like a nice guy so I will be polite on my comments. As many here have said, first and foremost we ought to give you props for your "thinking outside the box" ideas, ingenuity and positive attitude. Not everyone can put their ideas into reality as clearly and precise as you can. Again, two thumbs up for this

Now onto to your latest mod. Simply put, imho (of course) it looks ugly, out of place, cheap and it absolutely does look like a , especially from that front view of the car. As a matter of fact, if you just showed me that one pic and told me it was a Maxima, I would not believe it as it reminds me of my Honda Civic days 6 years ago when I was a teenager.

So yeah Deus, please, remove it before anyone else besides us here in the Org sees it
Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Since I'm totally aware of the feedback given during a work in progress, I'll let Deus do his thing, test it out and report back. Deus IMO I would still remove the red mirror stripe and red stickers on the side skirts. For the side skirt I purchased some aluminum NISMO emblems as an accent. Just a suggestion...

Old 12-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Not feelin' it Deuce, but anxious to see what it may look like after some CF lovin'. Here is some I found on ebay that I thought looked damn sharp.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by trance.addict
...Unfortunately, I have to agree with tehaviator...
Muhahahahaha, this day shall live in infamy!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:48 PM

So the consensus is to at least paint the splitter or better yet, cover with CF? Also, I should get the turnbuckles too, right?
Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
aka The Doom Ship

No the consensus is that it looks awful.

j/k do you.

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
So the consensus is to at least paint the splitter or better yet, cover with CF? Also, I should get the turnbuckles too, right?

Quick Reply: Splitter INSTALLED!!!!