6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

The Noise Is Gone!!!!! Update from prev post...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:23 PM

The Noise Is Gone!!!!! Update from prev post...

Okay guys here is an update. As you know I previously posted a thread " The noise is driving me crazy!". Today I took my car to the dealership. Took the service manage for a ride around the block so he could here my car sqeak just about everytime it moved or the suspension was used. Come to find out my left front sturt was bad. They replaced it and now my car feels tight again as it did when I first got it. Although they replaced one strut I am going to call tomorrow and ask that my right front gets replace since everything is under the 100k mile warranty. I want both struts to wear together rather than having one new and one used. Don't yo think I should do this? Now somewhere on here someone mentioned they have a whinning noise when they rev up the car. I have that too and they are fixing that when the odered parts come in later this week. I am a happy Maxer again!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:25 PM

Good to hear muh friend
Old 12-18-2007, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by mmotown
Okay guys here is an update. As you know I previously posted a thread " The noise is driving me crazy!". Today I took my car to the dealership. Took the service manage for a ride around the block so he could here my car sqeak just about everytime it moved or the suspension was used. Come to find out my left front sturt was bad. They replaced it and now my car feels tight again as it did when I first got it. Although they replaced one strut I am going to call tomorrow and ask that my right front gets replace since everything is under the 100k mile warranty. I want both struts to wear together rather than having one new and one used. Don't yo think I should do this? Now somewhere on here someone mentioned they have a whinning noise when they rev up the car. I have that too and they are fixing that when the odered parts come in later this week. I am a happy Maxer again!!!!!
What was the problem that caused the whinning noise? I mentioned a while back that I have this problem. I hear it when I hit the gas and let go when i'm in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear. What parts is the stealership replacing?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 07:21 AM

The parts are coming in Thursday. I have my invoice and it's in the car. I will get it later today and tell you what parts they are replacing. The dealership manager tried to tell me the whinning noise was normal. I spoke to the mechanic and told him my problem and took him for a ride in the car and show him that noise was not normal because I take care of my car. Well they found the problem. Between now and 100k mile if anything is out of place with my car to the shop it is going. I just got a warranty card in the mail to go past 125K. I don't know if it's worth it. I'll put a post on here about that. Check back later today and I'll have that info for you.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by mmotown
The parts are coming in Thursday. I have my invoice and it's in the car. I will get it later today and tell you what parts they are replacing. The dealership manager tried to tell me the whinning noise was normal. I spoke to the mechanic and told him my problem and took him for a ride in the car and show him that noise was not normal because I take care of my car. Well they found the problem. Between now and 100k mile if anything is out of place with my car to the shop it is going. I just got a warranty card in the mail to go past 125K. I don't know if it's worth it. I'll put a post on here about that. Check back later today and I'll have that info for you.
Thanks bro