6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Osiris from UpRev

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 PM

Osiris from UpRev

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=551565

Mods-Please allow this since not everyone checks the "All Motor" section

thanks,
dan
Old 01-22-2008, 08:33 PM

If one were to install this into our 6th gens, how would you switch between maps?? Laptop only?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 PM

Cruise control buttons. Read up a little on their website...most questions will be answered there...and if you have time, then read the countless pages on my350z.com

dan
Old 01-23-2008, 06:02 AM

I dont see why we couldn't just get this when it's released. It's just like us using the UTEC. When this is released shouldn't we just be able to buy it and tune?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 AM

I was thinking the SAME EXACT thing...but shrug...lol

Once I have all of my mods and if there is nothing going on, then I might just buy it out of chance and see if it works

For the 6th genners, it should be a "go," since the data that we would send them would be for OUR car, and no problem should arise with it.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 AM

I'm interested. I think 2 people can share a cable too I believe. So theoretically its $350 a person if you want to split the cost and share it. I'd be in if thats the case...
Old 01-23-2008, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hilbe
I'm interested. I think 2 people can share a cable too I believe. So theoretically its $350 a person if you want to split the cost and share it. I'd be in if thats the case...
Thats a good idea but would'nt you have to have the same mods. Hell I would go in with more than 2 people if that were the case. Great idea if it works.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:38 AM

With all the potential that the 6th gen is starting to get with modifications, you sure as hell do not want to cheap out on tuning the thing...
Old 01-23-2008, 11:44 AM

prjct,

I still haven't decided yet between the UTEC and Osiris. But if you end up getting Osiris and I haven't gotten anything by the time you do I wanna try to hook up with you to check out the program up close before I buy it. Only thing really making the UTEC tempting is the fact that you can get them for so cheap. You know what I mean you saw how much they go for sometimes.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:48 AM

For sure...BUT for me...early 04' model, I would have to get a Wideband sensor welded into my y-pipe...I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, but more time/money...I wonder if I would have to do that for UTEC and Osiris. More research will show, until then...bolt-ons galore here I come
Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
For sure...BUT for me...early 04' model, I would have to get a Wideband sensor welded into my y-pipe...I'm sure it's not that big of a deal, but more time/money...I wonder if I would have to do that for UTEC and Osiris. More research will show, until then...bolt-ons galore here I come
I wonder what the early model year Z guys were doing for a wideband.
Well I know that the UTEC has that Tuner XS that comes with the wideband. But it's not cheap. I wanted to get the AEM UEGO after I go my tuning device just to keep track of the A/F. I did some reading and some of the guys were getting alot of ping after their initial tune from Osiris. They said they were using 93 octane but turned out it really wasn't. Either that or they had too much timing or not enough fuel. I wonder if Uprev will release it at the end of this month like they said.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:11 PM

We'll see...

All I know is that I have time before a tuning device...
Old 01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You need a wideband no matter what Dan, most guys with 05+ still have aftermarket WB's because they don't trust the stock ones.

And just how many threads about tuning are you going to start without knowing anything about tuning.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM

Need a wideband no matter what. Otherwise, KABOOM.

Joshua

EDIT: Nevermind, Nietzche popped up.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
You need a wideband no matter what Dan, most guys with 05+ still have aftermarket WB's because they don't trust the stock ones.

And just how many threads about tuning are you going to start without knowing anything about tuning.
I figured that the UTEC already had a built in wide-band if it was compatible with the car.

You told me that I would need a wide-band for the UTEC...didn't know that I would need one regardless.

What wide-band do you have?

At least I'm searching, getting info, and willing to take chances on products unlike a lot of people.

I look at it this way...I'm not afraid to ask questions and "**** up" along the way because either way, I will get good info out of it. ftw

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 01-23-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I figured that the UTEC already had a built in wide-band if it was compatible with the car.

You told me that I would need a wide-band for the UTEC...didn't know that I would need one regardless.

What wide-band do you have?

At least I'm searching, getting info, and willing to take chances on products unlike a lot of people.

I look at it this way...I'm not afraid to ask questions and "**** up" along the way because either way, I will get good info out of it. ftw
I didn't realize you needed further clarification, my apologies. I still say just get the UTEC and have some fun. You can use any number of WB's with the MPSlogger software and record the AFR. Plus, you can't mess with osiris by yourself, it's always send files and get a flash. I like having the ability to adjust whenever I want. Although the set it and forget it method is nice at times.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:00 AM
i SeE what you did therE

in for info
Old 01-24-2008, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nietzsche
I didn't realize you needed further clarification, my apologies. I still say just get the UTEC and have some fun. You can use any number of WB's with the MPSlogger software and record the AFR. Plus, you can't mess with osiris by yourself, it's always send files and get a flash. I like having the ability to adjust whenever I want. Although the set it and forget it method is nice at times.
How often do you have to make changes to your UTEC tune??
Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 AM

There's a thing in there called "temperature compensation," and if not done right you will have lean cuts on different days...friend with RSX has it all the time, unless it's set right, which it almost never is.

This is also another reason why I would want the Osiris for the most part
Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 AM

There's a thing in there called "temperature compensation," and if not done right you will have lean cuts on different days...friend with RSX has it all the time, unless it's set right, which it almost never is.

This is also another reason why I would want the Osiris for the most part
But the stock ECU has something along those lines as well. It will pull timing if it senses a lean condition. I think the temp comp can be set and function well as long as the timing is not advanced too far. And in the case of the ECU if it's too lean it will go into LIMP mode.

Last edited by shawndon; 01-24-2008 at 08:35 AM.