6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Car hit last night..

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:17 AM

Car hit last night..

Damn man came back to my car last night and someone hit it and drove away no note nothing. They hit the rear drivers side and scrap the rear quater panel tail light is ok but the bumepr and rear quater will have to be painted, along with the trunk and rear door. And my Ins decutable is $1000, so sad
Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 AM

Ouchy...sorry man. People just dont care. i saw this lady once in a parkin lot just watch her cart go into another car and just left...got her license plate and gave it to the hit car. i couldnt believe what I saw.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 AM

Yea it sux big time, People realy don't care about other peoples property. My wife was so upset.Now she has to drive it around with this big AZZ scrap on it till Ins looks at Monday at her work.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
KC's FINEST

G/L
Old 01-25-2008, 10:32 AM

Thanx man..
Old 01-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Drivers side door totaled. There was a note and I started reading it and it said:
Bread
Eggs
Cheese
Milk
I just started laughing. Then I flipped it over and all their real info was on there. I was waiting to get it in the shop and then someone in a big truck rear ended me while I was at a dead stop. 5g's worth to the rear. Again not my fault. Mind you, I am 27 and have never been in an accident. An hour later, I hit some black ice and spun my buddies grand cherokee 180 degress across the highway and hit the guard rail. Miraculously I am not dead and the car only has about 1500 worth of damage. Which of course I am paying for out of my pocket. Insurance doesn't consider black ice liable.
So two major accidents in one hour. I should be good for a while.
Sorry about your trouble.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM
i has college

Originally Posted by PhotoGus
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Drivers side door totaled. There was a note and I started reading it and it said:
Bread
Eggs
Cheese
Milk
I just started laughing. Then I flipped it over and all their real info was on there. I was waiting to get it in the shop and then someone in a big truck rear ended me while I was at a dead stop. 5g's worth to the rear. Again not my fault. Mind you, I am 27 and have never been in an accident. An hour later, I hit some black ice and spun my buddies grand cherokee 180 degress across the highway and hit the guard rail. Miraculously I am not dead and the car only has about 1500 worth of damage. Which of course I am paying for out of my pocket. Insurance doesn't consider black ice liable.
Wow, that's some serious bad luck. I feel ya, out of my four accidents three havent been my fault and two of those were hit and runs.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:27 PM

Thanx for the good wishes, And glad to see you are not injured and any of you accidents. But I have been in 7 accidents and only had my license for 10 years. One was my fault and that was 2 months after I got my license. I had had three cars totaled and banged up my wifes car. I should be good forever. LOL
Old 01-25-2008, 01:42 PM

my car got hit at my college and no left a note either i no how u feel it SUCKS
Old 01-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by anm6
Damn man came back to my car last night and someone hit it and drove away no note nothing. They hit the rear drivers side and scrap the rear quater panel tail light is ok but the bumepr and rear quater will have to be painted, along with the trunk and rear door. And my Ins decutable is $1000, so sad
Sorry to hear it man - but:
Old 01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by PhotoGus
Bread
Eggs
Cheese
Milk
I feel your pain as well. In 2005 I had two cars totaled w/in 2 months time and on both occasions I was not at fault for either . But if you look at it, statiscally (at least), you should be accident free for the next 15-20 years
Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
.org extraordinaire

Originally Posted by larsim
Sorry to hear it man - but:
what he said ^^ Meeester Smeee
Old 01-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Yeah someone keyed my hood a way's back and I had to eat 5 bills, wasn't happy so you must be pissed, I know I would. It sucks, sorry bro...
Old 01-25-2008, 05:06 PM

Yeah, I feel your pain. My RSX was vandalized...keyed all the way around and all the windows smashed in. And to add insult to injury, they keyed "FSU" in the hood. Bastards. As for the Max, you can see in about 4 places in the door jams and frames where ******** tried to break into the car.

Chern, you should have been there with one of those assault rifles of yours! haha.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Love my '09

Ouch.

MissMiami,

I feel your pain on FSU, do you have a team sticker, logo or anything on your car?

I've learned "fan-atics" are the worst.

I have NO college logos, no football, baseball, etc, logos. I don't even have the dealership where I bought my Max on it.

I've learned a LONG time ago, fanatical fans will do extremely stupid things, when their team wins, loses, or just because they got drunk and wanted to show who's team is better.

OH yeah, and pissed off girlfriends..... Forgot that.

Last edited by Compusmurf; 01-25-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added a line....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:53 PM

Yeah, on the RSX I had The "U" on the back windshield. Those FSU fackers don't know how to act.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by MissMiami
Yeah, on the RSX I had The "U" on the back windshield. Those FSU fackers don't know how to act.
Hey hey hey - watch ya mouth We FSU folks are
Old 01-27-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by larsim
I feel your pain as well. In 2005 I had two cars totaled w/in 2 months time and on both occasions I was not at fault for either . But if you look at it, statiscally (at least), you should be accident free for the next 15-20 years
Not in South Florida
Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Oh funny, used to have an RSX too, guess the color...yep, silver. BTW, gotta love THE U.

Sorry Larsim, no FSU love around here...J/K man, at least your team made a bowl this past season! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 01-27-2008, 07:10 PM

HEY HEY HEY. We're "rebuilding."

Along with all the other Miami teams...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
MissMiami,

I feel your pain on FSU, do you have a team sticker, logo or anything on your car?

I've learned "fan-atics" are the worst.

I have NO college logos, no football, baseball, etc, logos. I don't even have the dealership where I bought my Max on it.

I've learned a LONG time ago, fanatical fans will do extremely stupid things, when their team wins, loses, or just because they got drunk and wanted to show who's team is better.

OH yeah, and pissed off girlfriends..... Forgot that.

As I feel yours with the keyed pain. I had two cars keyed all the way around. 1-( With screw driver keys dont go that deep) Was a 87 Full custom Monte SS. ( 650hp) Street car Lexus Purple with the old Plymouth cuda hood scoop figerglased into the hood
(Carb accually sat there) 2- Was a 04 350z that someone mysteriously key F#ck you acroos my hood and keyed the whole car even over the head and tail lights?? This was at my girlfriends house, who now is my wife??
Old 01-28-2008, 07:27 AM
aka The Doom Ship

You wanna talk about bad luck? Can I add this w/o thread jackin'?

I was drivin' down the highway and my driver's front wheel came off! My fender is totaled and there's damage to the front bumper and lower trim. $2200 for dealer to fix or $1200 for friend's body shop to fix.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 AM

That sux dude. What a low life, he should be beaten with a sock full of lead!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM

they keyed "FSU" in the hood. haha.
That would be awful for me too. I am a Ga Tech grad. There would definitely be some .45 hollow points for those retards.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax

I was drivin' down the highway and my driver's front wheel came off! My fender is totaled and there's damage to the front bumper and lower trim. $2200 for dealer to fix or $1200 for friend's body shop to fix.
No its ok not jacking the thread, But UM how the hell did your tire come off????
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Not the tire; the whole damn wheel! It's the crazies thing. I posted a few weeks ago I was experiencing this knocking sound in that wheel area. This knockin been goin on for a month. Took the wheel off put it back on since the knocking so I didn't think it was the lug nuts. Was on my way to the dealership to have them check it out when the noise got worse and finally the wheel came off. Crazy.

No its ok not jacking the thread, But UM how the hell did your tire come off????
Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 AM

WOW just glad you were not hurt.. I just got my appraisal and not good only wrote it for $700 did not even hit my deductable( 1000) but they did not show time to paint the trunch and blend match the rear door.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:38 AM

That really sucks. Pics of the damage?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:51 AM

No not yet. I can try to get some tonight.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Your wheel came off? Wow.

Joshua
Old 01-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Ouch!!! Dangerous stuff right there!!! Be thankfull you're okay
Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

I got bumped into and will have a repainted rear bumper this spring bc the driver was nice enough to leave a note and put in a claim to her insurance. Nothing major but will be nice bc my rear needed painting anyway from some scrapes over the last 5 yrs
Old 01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Where is my shirt?

Damn bro that is BS big time. What is the matter with people huh!? The darkside of human nature is horrible. My deductible is that amount also so I feel for you brother. Please post pics when can brotha. Lata and good luck
Old 01-29-2008, 05:56 AM

Got home last night to late. ( Shating at the Boston Garden/w the wife). Will try either tonight or tommorrow, she works tonight as the B's are hosting the Thrashers so wont be home till late again sorry guys as soon as I can will get them up. We are probaly gonna wait till the spring to fix it.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:02 AM

Not the tire; the whole damn wheel! It's the crazies thing. I posted a few weeks ago I was experiencing this knocking sound in that wheel area. This knockin been goin on for a month. Took the wheel off put it back on since the knocking so I didn't think it was the lug nuts. Was on my way to the dealership to have them check it out when the noise got worse and finally the wheel came off. Crazy.
Why??? It takes a lot to go wrong for that to happen. Did the Axle nut back out, did the lugs shear etc? Major bearing failure?