6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Nismo Exhaust..

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by BerkTechnology
I was able to get 3 more of these systems. There are only three left and after that they will be gone forever. We reduced the price to $579.99 + S/H.

You can order online here. Make sure to select the SE-R Altima version!!!

http://www.berktechnology.com/shop/p...D=113&P_ID=444

Okay, I'm eating my words... sort of. We found 3 more in storage, but these are open box and missing the hardware (bolts/nuts/gaskets). We will provide you with new hardware (non OEM though). I would REALLY prefer local pickup, but if you insist we can ship these in two boxes but it's gonna be $$$.

$450 picked up at our warehouse (Irvine, CA), or $600 shipped anywhere in the USA. Call to place your order. 949-716-0544.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
.org extraordinaire

Okay, I'm eating my words... sort of. We found 3 more in storage, but these are open box and missing the hardware (bolts/nuts/gaskets). We will provide you with new hardware (non OEM though). I would REALLY prefer local pickup, but if you insist we can ship these in two boxes but it's gonna be $$$.

$450 picked up at our warehouse (Irvine, CA), or $600 shipped anywhere in the USA. Call to place your order. 949-716-0544.

Thanks guys!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! THAT IS A DEAL OF THE FRIGGIN LIFE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me say it again.

WOW!!!!!!1
Old 06-08-2008, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by I VIK I
Does that seem like it will fit the 04 max?

Yea it will fot a 04 I have a 04 and did the test fit for Berk its all good. Get it and love it.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:06 PM

I think someone on another forum said they're sold out already.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have an 08 and i would like to buy the Altima Nismo exhaust. What year of the exhaust should i get, the 2002-2006?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by cubbyjg
I have an 08 and i would like to buy the Altima Nismo exhaust. What year of the exhaust should i get, the 2002-2006?
Correct and you would have to get it extended about 2"
Old 01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Thanks guys!
Any more?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:44 PM

I've got a clip of my nismo and racingline Y-pipe on my altima. Its quieter than normal, I swapped the nimso resonator for the stock one due to Drone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgE2MmR6r6Q
Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by rich2342
I've got a clip of my nismo and racingline Y-pipe on my altima. Its quieter than normal, I swapped the nimso resonator for the stock one due to Drone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgE2MmR6r6Q
Sounds pretty good but I think you put the camera to far under the car.. What droan I did not have that big of an issue with droan.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:57 PM

I know this is an old freakin thread, but I just saw this and have to be a kill-joy. there is ZERO performance gain in this exhaust system. I have it and it sounds great, but there is a guy with an se-r that did before and after dynos of his nismo exhaust and saw zero gains after installing the nismo exhaust. Having said that, I will say that it looks and sounds great, and looks especially good on a maxima.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by m_turner_02
I know this is an old freakin thread, but I just saw this and have to be a kill-joy. there is ZERO performance gain in this exhaust system. I have it and it sounds great, but there is a guy with an se-r that did before and after dynos of his nismo exhaust and saw zero gains after installing the nismo exhaust. Having said that, I will say that it looks and sounds great, and looks especially good on a maxima.
"There is a guy...." I gotta disagree you my friend. Dyno proven, when I combined the Cattman Y-pipe and the Nismo exhaust: 14whp and 12tq. The Cattman Y pipe is good but it's not going to do all that by itself.

I could actually feel the extra power driving the car, well before I dynoed it.

http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5159
Old 02-17-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
"There is a guy...." I gotta disagree you my friend. Dyno proven, when I combined the Cattman Y-pipe and the Nismo exhaust: 14whp and 12tq. The Cattman Y pipe is good but it's not going to do all that by itself.

I could actually feel the extra power driving the car, well before I dynoed it.

http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5159
I don't doubt that you felt the extra power when you installed the y-pipe and the exhaust. It has been proven time and time again that the y-pipe is one of the best mods you can do for the fwd vq. I am just saying that there was 'A GUY' who dynod it and saw absolutely no gain. Maybe the gain you felt was placebo effect, because I seriously doubt you can feel the miniscule gains from a catback, unless you have some sort of numbers to back it up. See link below:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/200...no-result.html
Old 02-17-2009, 07:52 AM

m turner,

I believe this is probably true for the altima Se-r which already has a "free flowing exhuast", therefore how much power can be gained. I however have an Altima se just dyno'd with only Y-pipe and nismo it did pretty good. It can't be soley contributed to the y-pipe either.

Luigisr, i think was the guy who did the before and after right?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM

I don't doubt that you felt the extra power when you installed the y-pipe and the exhaust. It has been proven time and time again that the y-pipe is one of the best mods you can do for the fwd vq. I am just saying that there was 'A GUY' who dynod it and saw absolutely no gain. Maybe the gain you felt was placebo effect, because I seriously doubt you can feel the miniscule gains from a catback, unless you have some sort of numbers to back it up. See link below:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/200...no-result.html
My theory is gains of whp between 1-9 cannot be felt. 10+whp can be noticed by the driver.

I gave you the numbers to back it up. I posted the link to my own dyno http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5159

I also dont believe you are going to add 14whp and 12tq with just a Y-pipe.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:22 AM

link no workie, it brings you to the main page and asks for logon info
Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 AM

link no workie, it brings you to the main page and asks for logon info
Dang, I didn't realize they locked it down. Sorry about that.

Here it is:

Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 AM

What are your exact mods? The max's are pretty torquey. i dynoed higher hp but lower torque on sat.

mine were 233whp/236 wtq

racingline y-pipe
jwt clutch
nismo exhuast
semi modified airbox
Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 AM

Mods in sig but also I am at a mile high altitude here in Denver. Tends to throw everythiing off. 1/4mi times etc... Oh yeah, I also dropped my 1/4 after adding the Cattman y-pipe and Nismo Exhaust.

Maybe on the Altimas it doesn't help, but I am convinced that the Nismo helps outs. (Wait until I get those Cattman headers on here!) It may all be a moot point anyway because it seems the Nismo exhausts may be getting harder to find.

Last edited by Apollos2; 02-19-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:22 AM

My theory is gains of whp between 1-9 cannot be felt. 10+whp can be noticed by the driver.

I gave you the numbers to back it up. I posted the link to my own dyno http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5159

I also dont believe you are going to add 14whp and 12tq with just a Y-pipe.
yea, well maybe...but I was under the impression that the maxipads muffs were just as free flowing as the se-r's, I could be wrong tho. but I thought that you had the nismo exhaust installed before you had the y-pipe, and had said that you could feel the gains from the exhaust....is that correct? Either way, I was just trying to provide some info for people that may be thinking that you will gain 7hp from the exhaust. It does look tho
What are your exact mods? The max's are pretty torquey. i dynoed higher hp but lower torque on sat.

mine were 233whp/236 wtq

racingline y-pipe
jwt clutch
nismo exhuast
semi modified airbox
lol, how do you have a semi modified airbox? it either is or it isn't right?? kind of like being semi pregnate or semi late to a meeting.....sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 AM

........ I thought that you had the nismo exhaust installed before you had the y-pipe, and had said that you could feel the gains from the exhaust....is that correct?
Nope. I put them on at the exact same time, felt the combined power and confirmed it with a dyno.

........ Either way, I was just trying to provide some info for people that may be thinking that you will gain 7hp from the exhaust.....
That is exactly what I am saying. I think you will gain 5-7whp from the exhuast. This may depend on the other mods currently on the car but I certainly don't think you will lose WHP. Think about it, if I lost WHP by adding the Nismo exhaust, we would be saying the Y-pipe made up for the loss and on top of that still added 14whp and 12tq ?? Won't happen my friend.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM

Nope. I put them on at the exact same time, felt the combined power and confirmed it with a dyno.

That is exactly what I am saying. I think you will gain 5-7whp from the exhuast. This may depend on the other mods currently on the car but I certainly don't think you will lose WHP. Think about it, if I lost WHP by adding the Nismo exhaust, we would be saying the Y-pipe made up for the loss and on top of that still added 14whp and 12tq ?? Won't happen my friend.
Never said you will lose power, but by your rationale, you will gain the 7hp that Nismo claims you will get, but you don't think that you will get the claimed power gains by racingline who claims a 13hp and 14tq gain with the stock system + y-pipe. Oddly enough, that is about what you gained with your y-pipe and nismo exhaust. So, maybe you did gain zero hp with the nismo exhaust and the 14hp from the y-pipe....Either way it is a moot point. You dynod two mods together and are trying to figure out the gains of one of the mods, yet I provided you with before and after dyno of just the nismo exhaust showing zero gains. So your argument makes no sense to me, but what do I know, I drive an Altima
Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM

Man i wudnt be worried about making any gains with the maxima, just worry about how it sounds! Every one hear seems to only talk about the exhaust systems that are different between maxima/altima and g35/350z. The later actually have the HR (High Revolution) version of the VQ engine which may have the same displacement but functions differently than ours. I think thats a big factor in how the car sounds at the end of the day.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:47 PM

And just for argument sake here is another dyno from the same guy as before with the addition of the cattman y:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/eng...an-y-pipe.html
Old 02-19-2009, 09:15 AM

And just for argument sake here is another dyno from the same guy as before with the addition of the cattman y:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/eng...an-y-pipe.html
As much as I love a y-pipe upgrade I have a hard time believing we are going to get 14whp by just upgrading it. Now I am speaking of the Maxima because I don't know what the piping is like for the Altima SE-R. You could still be right but I don't think I've seen anyone just add a Y-pipe to the Max and get that much, and I'm also talking a Maxima owner not a pipe manufacturer. (all due respect to them)

Here is an old thread with a CEY-pipe adding 8whp: http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...ore-after.html

If what Rich said is true:
......I believe this is probably true for the altima Se-r which already has a "free flowing exhuast", therefore how much power can be gained. I however have an Altima se just dyno'd with only Y-pipe and nismo it did pretty good. It can't be soley contributed to the y-pipe either....
Then it could be for the SE-R the Nismo doesn't add anything but sound, in which case I would just get some Magnaflows if that's what you want. On the Maxima, we gain some piping size, and a little more "straight" pipe as the Nismo doesn't the same curves as our stock exhaust. (I wonder what does the SE-R exhuast look like laid out?)

Do you know the piping size of the Altima and the Altima SE-R? It might be helpful. Anyway, here is the stock exhaust for the Maxima: (pic not my own)

Here is the Nismo: I've got a hard time believing it's all for nothing.

Bottom line, I would still recommend either the Nismo or the Cattman exhaust in addition to they Y-pipe if anyone is trying to increase whp. Previously I had all upfront mods CAI, IMSpacers, SAFCII, Tining advance. Nothing for the exhaust, once I added that combo, the perf increase was immediate.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Theres a big crimp in the nismo set up too
Old 02-20-2009, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by maximusprime
Theres a big crimp in the nismo set up too
There is crimp, it has been discussed at length here: http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...ck-people.html

Man i wudnt be worried about making any gains with the maxima, just worry about how it sounds!........
Agreed, in the end if all the gains were from the Y-pipe so be it. I am still really please with the Nismo, the car sounds much better IMO.
Here's a clip I shot last year:
http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...st-street.html
Old 02-21-2009, 10:18 PM

There is crimp, it has been discussed at length here: http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...ck-people.html

Agreed, in the end if all the gains were from the Y-pipe so be it. I am still really please with the Nismo, the car sounds much better IMO.
Here's a clip I shot last year:
http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...st-street.html
Wow your car sounds great in the video! But after looking at the pictures you posted of the Cattman catback I will definately be making that my next mod. I've wanted it ever since I bought my car but I could never find a good picture of it. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Wow your car sounds great in the video! But after looking at the pictures you posted of the Cattman catback I will definately be making that my next mod. I've wanted it ever since I bought my car but I could never find a good picture of it. Thanks!
Thanks, but just to be clear I posted pics of our stock exhaust and the Nismo catback which I think is getting hardwer to find.

Here is a pic of the Cattman Catback system, which I believe to be a very quality piece.

I actually think it may sound a bit more aggressive than the Nismo and it has multi tip mufflers....but as I understand it may add a bit more drone. It's all in what is priority to you.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:22 AM

Thanks, but just to be clear I posted pics of our stock exhaust and the Nismo catback which I think is getting hardwer to find.

Here is a pic of the Cattman Catback system, which I believe to be a very quality piece.

I actually think it may sound a bit more aggressive than the Nismo and it has multi tip mufflers....but as I understand it may add a bit more drone. It's all in what is priority to you.
Yea thats the one...I guess I'll have to live with the drone but this is the best catback for our cars perrformance/look wise IMO. Even the guyz at my local dealership have been raving about how good Cattman is. And they put one of the more expensive and best looking Magnaflow mufflers on it - 14862 - so u know theyre not skimping out on quality! Cant wait to order them... just gotta wait till the Canadian dollar goes back up again...