6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How about a Supercharged 6th Gen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 AM

Depending on final price/tuning requirements...I MIGHT be in
Old 03-17-2008, 10:24 AM

Has anyone PM Matty about this setup ? Just so he acknowledge this setup and maybe he has ideas on tweaking it using the 3.0 S/Cs?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 AM

Response from matty

"I see two problems with that kit for me to make.

The shaft that goes into the blower is a balanced shaft that is probably half the price of the kit.
2nd, that blower is NOT a vortech blower, therfor guys would need to get that blower, New. The great thing about using a Vortech blower is that you can have them rebuilt for $300, and there are ALOT of there used.

My plate mounts to the pass side of the motor, not the front. That shaft is supported by that front bracket, there is NO plate on the pass side of the motor.

Also look at the size of the belt. That means that your adding a third belt onto your setup and that means more loss of power. You do loose ALOT of power through the shaft as well.

-matt"

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 03-17-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:01 AM

I personally like matty's product. Seems like you can have it on the cheap.

Waiting for an update from him...
Old 03-17-2008, 12:29 PM

Read from bottom to top

Its hard to say at this point
-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
Price being roughly the same as previous kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty
I really hope soon...
-matt

Quote:
hmmm interesting

So do you still plan on making a kit for the 6th gen? ETA?
Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Where is my shirt?

Who is Matty?

I mean... a company willing to pick this job up should be aware that people dont have 5K sitting around just incase a supercharger comes out for a 6th gen right?

Then why is it that companies like Stillen will just start making a supercharger kit for a F150? That is a slap in my face if you ask me. If I had an F150... I would not waste 5K plus... on a supercharger on it.

Sorry guys I am frustrated lol
Old 03-17-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by GrimMax
Who is Matty?

I mean... a company willing to pick this job up should be aware that people dont have 5K sitting around just incase a supercharger comes out for a 6th gen right?

Then why is it that companies like Stillen will just start making a supercharger kit for a F150? That is a slap in my face if you ask me. If I had an F150... I would not waste 5K plus... on a supercharger on it.

Sorry guys I am frustrated lol
Matty is the guy that makes superchargers for previous gens.

I'm confused on what you are trying to say...so if a company were to make a new exhaust, then they should "realize" that people wouldn't have $900 "sitting around" for it, so they shouldn't even make it?

Discuss please
Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Where is my shirt?

Matty is the guy that makes superchargers for previous gens.

I'm confused on what you are trying to say...so if a company were to make a new exhaust, then they should "realize" that people wouldn't have $900 "sitting around" for it, so they shouldn't even make it?

Discuss please
Oh ok thanx

No thats my point exactly... I agree with you on that... The company should make the exhaust... My point is.... why would Stillen make a supercharger for a F150 over a 6th Gen? I mean... come one.....

Thats my frustration talking though.

But yes... I do agree that the company should make them and if they are afraid that they will NOT sell... then they should manufacture the kit as orders come in and notify customers that delivery can/ or will be extensive.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:12 PM

Oh ok thanx

No thats my point exactly... I agree with you on that... The company should make the exhaust... My point is.... why would Stillen make a supercharger for a F150 over a 6th Gen? I mean... come one.....

Thats my frustration talking though.

But yes... I do agree that the company should make them and if they are afraid that they will NOT sell... then they should manufacture the kit as orders come in and notify customers that delivery can/ or will be extensive.
For sure...just like on turbokits.com I see so many cars that are just like compared to making one for the Maxima. ****ers I tell you
Old 03-17-2008, 08:43 PM

I gave up a long time ago. nobody seem to notice but quiet as its kept but whats been done since then. last i heard things were getting worked on and it just fell off the face of the earth, no more talks about it. So now what. nice kit i guess. i was geeked up about it also
Old 03-17-2008, 08:55 PM

make a huge thread..have everyone post and say i'd buy one..then link it to stillen? ahha
Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 PM
aka The Doom Ship

I'm so sick of these surveys. Just make the damn kit.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:13 PM

For sure...just like on turbokits.com I see so many cars that are just like compared to making one for the Maxima. ****ers I tell you
Why would there be a market for Yaris and Corolla Turbos, I don't even want to say the others

I never understood the after market world, what makes 1 car better then the other, look what it cost to mod a German car, I do know where not alone, with the lack of after market
Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 PM

Not to get off topic but who makes the exhaust that has the Turbos in the mufflers, I saw it on horsepower on spike and can't find it online
Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This goes back to a thread I made a while ago -Why are 6th Gen Max owners afraid to modify like owners of other cars? The fact that maxima owners seem more reluctant extends to the aftermarket world and thus, the aftermarket people then become reluctant to produce products for our cars. It takes people like Chern, Max2damax, and some others who get out there and get products made so we can all benefit.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:20 PM

sc's work your motor way harder than a turbo, so why not have stillen come out with a turbo setup instead. we could pretty much use all the same stuff from the z, minus a few things. Also from my experience that kit looks more like a procharger than a sc, bc it is turbine driven.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 AM

Well I hope Matty Does get the plate and the S/C figure out on the 6th gen(good luck homie) , as for me , I think my patients is running out , I may just have to go fourth with the ITBs and Dual Rear Mount turbo , I have nothing to lose now and im running out of things to do to the max.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Well I hope Matty Does get the plate and the S/C figure out on the 6th gen(good luck homie) , as for me , I think my patients is running out , I may just have to go fourth with the ITBs and Dual Rear Mount turbo , I have nothing to lose now and im running out of things to do to the max.
You haven't done the SSIM...but I think that would contradict with the ITB

Originally Posted by STARR
Not to get off topic but who makes the exhaust that has the Turbos in the mufflers, I saw it on horsepower on spike and can't find it online
Remus mufflers?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:59 AM

I agree with alot of whats said I mean how ahrd can it be to make A FI system for the 6th gen hell we have the same motor as the 350z and G's just in a different in a direction, minus a few brackets. It can't be that hard to make one.. I don't understand???
Old 03-18-2008, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by anm6
I agree with alot of whats said I mean how ahrd can it be to make A FI system for the 6th gen hell we have the same motor as the 350z and G's just in a different in a direction, minus a few brackets. It can't be that hard to make one.. I don't understand???
Just understand it...it's how the world is on many different aspects
Old 03-18-2008, 09:31 AM

You haven't done the SSIM...but I think that would contradict with the ITB

Remus mufflers?
im going to see how the ITBs run on the 5.5 motor first , I know for a fact its going to be very loud , even with the box built.

Depending on the gain on the ITBs I might go that route instead of the whole SSIM.

Either way Im going to need to drop my car off so he can measure hood clearence as well.

ITBs with Dual Rear Mount would make Betsy more alive, altho im still having dreaded shift problems. I need to start looking up tranny shops down here if they can rebuild it or find another 5AT to get worked on or better yet , 6MT
Old 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM

If you were to swap a 6spd then you may as well sell the car right now and get a 6spd while swapping all the mods onto it...meaning it definitely won't be cost effective.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:21 PM

If you were to swap a 6spd then you may as well sell the car right now and get a 6spd while swapping all the mods onto it...meaning it definitely won't be cost effective.

nah , me got the hook ups .. Already located a 6spd tranny, it wont cost me over a G and im sure of that to get the tranny , install .. probally few bottles of Patron and Red Bull and a 1 good weekend and I should be up and running.

Going down there tommorow to take a look at the tranny
Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
STS turbos are the ones your are referring to.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Where is my shirt?

word bro....

I just dont get it....
Old 03-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
This goes back to a thread I made a while ago -Why are 6th Gen Max owners afraid to modify like owners of other cars? The fact that maxima owners seem more reluctant extends to the aftermarket world and thus, the aftermarket people then become reluctant to produce products for our cars. It takes people like Chern, Max2damax, and some others who get out there and get products made so we can all benefit.

I agree wit ya.

But I do also understand the $$$ situation with some of us. Things are surely not cheap for the 6th Gen.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by anm6
Thats what I said.... Not sure if I posted this on this thread yet...

When I spoke to Stillen... they said that a project like this for the 6th Gen would cost them 500K (he actually said... "half a million" in those exact words)

I dont know how much of that is true though sounds like BS to me.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by JRoX85
sc's work your motor way harder than a turbo, so why not have stillen come out with a turbo setup instead. we could pretty much use all the same stuff from the z, minus a few things. Also from my experience that kit looks more like a procharger than a sc, bc it is turbine driven.
Because there is a company making the turbos already for the Maxima brotha
Old 03-18-2008, 05:59 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Are the axles the same on both the 6spd and auto? On the 5.5 they're not.

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
nah , me got the hook ups .. Already located a 6spd tranny, it wont cost me over a G and im sure of that to get the tranny , install .. probally few bottles of Patron and Red Bull and a 1 good weekend and I should be up and running.

Going down there tommorow to take a look at the tranny
Old 03-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
Are the axles the same on both the 6spd and auto? On the 5.5 they're not.
no 5ATs and 6MT are totally differnt axles , as well as the 4ATs
Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 PM

I think what holds many companies back is the fact that were fwd. They kindve see a glass window as far as how much HP increase our cars can take to the front wheels. So they see it as kindve pointless. An feel if people who own maximas want to go fast theyll go trade it in for a Z they dont seem to get that we want to keep our maximas AND be as fast as others.
I get the same responce when i try an get tunning done or dyno time some shops just give you that kindve look like "Uuuuh a maxima? "
I dont see why some small reliable company like lets say Cattman performance doesnt go to someone like Chernmax..... ask to copy his piping dimensions for a day and produce a small made to order volume of a kit? Even if they sold us JUST the piping we could get the turbo/ems of our choice off the net.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 PM

http://www.stillen.com/news.asp?id=79

I don't know if anyone had taken a look on this May event at Stillen yet, but on the page it states they've turbo'd an Altima coupe...if that altima is the 3.5, how hard would it be to apply to our cars? Also, they wouldn't have to spend "half a million" on it either, lol. Just thought I'd poke my head in.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by steven614

I don't know if anyone had taken a look on this May event at Stillen yet, but on the page it states they've turbo'd an Altima coupe...if that altima is the 3.5, how hard would it be to apply to our cars? Also, they wouldn't have to spend "half a million" on it either, lol. Just thought I'd poke my head in.
my thoughts exactly...if stillen can develope a turbocharger for the altima coupe then IMO it really wouldnt be very difficult at ALL to make one for the Maxima...The Maxima and the Altima Engine sets up are pretty much the same from what i can see...then on the other hand there is a company that makes a turbocharger kit for the 3.5 altima already. And the engine layout is pretty identical to the Max, and the setup looks very similar to chernmax...

http://www.turbo-kits.com/altima_turbo_kits.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI0t8Cn8QqY

Last edited by jinyumax; 03-19-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by RacerX1320
I think what holds many companies back is the fact that were fwd. They kindve see a glass window as far as how much HP increase our cars can take to the front wheels. So they see it as kindve pointless. An feel if people who own maximas want to go fast theyll go trade it in for a Z they dont seem to get that we want to keep our maximas AND be as fast as others.
I get the same responce when i try an get tunning done or dyno time some shops just give you that kindve look like "Uuuuh a maxima? "
I dont see why some small reliable company like lets say Cattman performance doesnt go to someone like Chernmax..... ask to copy his piping dimensions for a day and produce a small made to order volume of a kit? Even if they sold us JUST the piping we could get the turbo/ems of our choice off the net.
Yeah the FWD does kind of jack us up.

I agree..... But most of us cant take our Maxs and trade them when we please.

Oh you should look at the other thread on those who want headers. Cattman is pretty busy.. trust me.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by steven614

See!! I mean come on!!

This car been out for what??? 2 hours and it already has a turbo running around?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

PEOPLE with amnesia, Speed Force Racing has a turbo kit for a 6th Gen Nissan Maxima!!!

http://www.speedforceracing.com/prod...aximaturbo.php

Last edited by chernmax; 03-19-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
I'm so sick of these surveys. Just make the damn kit.
+1

Our only alternative is either the Speed Force Turbo Kit. At least they actually took it upon themselves to make something worth trying and something to def be pleased with, and not just sitting around and procrastinating.

Last edited by Juiced SE-R; 03-19-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Where is my shirt?

Yeah the speed force kit is amazing!!

hey Chern... how much do you think Speed Force invested in making the kit?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Yeah the speed force kit is amazing!!

hey Chern... how much do you think Speed Force invested in making the kit?

I'm not sure, but if I had to brag my car is capable of beating on the 1/4 mile track a WRX STI, EVO, Dodge Charger SRT8, Pontiac G8, Cadillac CTS-V, Mustang GT (all stock 13/14 runners) which by itself says a lot and pisses many V8 owners off at the track since this kit WILL put you square in the middle of the 12's...
Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM

do u regret not waiting or knowing bout this chern? i know u invested a lot of time and $ for customizing the altima setup to fit the max

Quick Reply: How about a Supercharged 6th Gen?