6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Is there a way to make sure we buy genuine HID parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:17 PM

Is there a way to make sure we buy genuine HID parts?

There are hundreds of websites selling "original" brand name HID kits. Mostly are replicas from hong kong or some other stuff. There's an article at HIDreview talking about that.

McCulloch doesnt even make HID kits for consumers, so thats all garbage.

http://www.mccullochpower.com/

See any HID kits there?

So um, is there an official webpage, somewhere, that is selling true brand name HID kits, or it's just a jungle of garbage sellers selling anything with fake stickers on them? And you cant know what you are buying and there's no real warranty like all the stories we hear on forums?

Last edited by Kryogen; 03-16-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Another:

Let me start by saying: You might be a little perturbed at why the prices to consumers are jacked up, but remember that the companies you buy from in the states have to account for whether they keep inventory, man hours if they employ people, merchant processing fees (yes, there are charges associated with processing credit cards), etc...

Simply put - the average prices of kits coming directly from China are ~$46-$68 depending on the kit.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:30 PM

Fact of the matter, is that most (I am talking 98%!!!) kits are manufactured, assembled, and shipped to the USA from China or Taiwan. YES - EVEN THOSE STAMPED WITH "MADE IN GERMANY"!!!! I had one mfg in China say "If you need your kits to have "Made in Germany" stamped on them, we can do that too". Be careful, and ASK before buying your kits... Our kits were manufactured in China and ASSEMBLED in the USA... thus cutting down on defects. Common sense says... Don't pay more than $200 for a kit. Don't pay less than $130 or so...
Old 03-16-2008, 03:05 PM

Judging by the 3 replies to this thread by yourself, i dont know that anyone else out there needs to reply further...you seem to have done your research and answered your own question.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
KC's FINEST

My god man, give it a rest...
Old 03-16-2008, 05:43 PM
SuPeRmOd

so you didn't take your meds today did you?
Old 03-16-2008, 07:05 PM

haha, this sheet is gettin funny between kcmaxx and kryogen, lol!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Where is my shirt?

Originally Posted by eK9aT10pSi
haha, this sheet is gettin funny between kcmaxx and kryogen, lol!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by KCmaxx
My god man, give it a rest...
Originally Posted by NismoMax80

Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Do you guys realize that out of Kryogen's 239 posts, 142 of them must be new threads that he opened....
Old 03-18-2008, 06:19 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by larsim
Do you guys realize that out of Kryogen's 239 posts, 142 of them must be new threads that he opened....
I thought I was the only one...

Also, don't you love when :cough: people :cough: reply to threads that ended in 05?

It's, what's the word..?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:56 AM
.org extraordinaire

Simple solution to this thread.........

Just go buy a kit from one of our sponsors like Maximabest or something.

Kamski
Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 AM

umm is there a point to this thread ? can you buy genuine tires as well ?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:09 AM
.org extraordinaire

Old 03-20-2008, 05:10 AM
.org extraordinaire

Old 03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

im quite happy with the HIDS in my car..

DAY

NIGHT (high beam on)

I just got in the business Selling HIDs and i charge 130-140+ per kit..
I also back them up with a 1 year warranty for that price... for a LITTLE bit more money i can provide a 2 year warranty, however for 130.00, it wouldnt bother me to spend another 130.00 when they blow and IF they blow 2 years later.. its not like im spending 500 dollars for headlights..

I provide kits for both functions... for FUNCTIONAL purposes.. Which means to greatly improve your vision and give your car which is not HID equipped, the benefit of having the end results of a car with OEM equipped HIDS..

And the other funtion would be HID kits for "show purposes".. These are exactly what they say.. These are kits for those who want their headlights to be for show use.. This means that they want a "colored" kit, whether it be baby blue, deep blue, extreme blue, green, violet, pink... These kits are just as bright as the funtional kits, however the USEABLE light is greatly interferred by the color.... For example.. you have two equally bright cars facing the street, one is white light, and the other is blue light.. which do you think will provide you with more useable light? of course the white kit..

I would like to correct people who state that "unless the HID kit is made by phillips Mcculluch sp?, or any other TOP OF THE LIKE BRANDS, that an off the shelf HID kit is not the same thing as an oeM kit.. and unlike stock kits, will blind other drivers on the road, will get you in trouble, and just isnt the same.... This is partially true, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF WHICH HID KIT YOU BUY...

let me explain something... if you take a car that is not Originally equipped with HIDs, and you convert the bulbs to HIDs, you will not have a proper setup kit... this is not due to which hid kit you buy, but because of the HOUSING they are setup in.. To have a properly setup hid setup, you MUST have a housing that is made just for HID lights.... If they are not made to support HID lights, your car will just throw the light EVERYWHERE causing a huge glare..... Soo if you are looking at properly setting your car up with hid lights, look into building projectors in your stock housings, or do some research about your car and how to set your car up for HIDs..... now if you dont care about blinding other people and you just want bright headlights... Just install an HID conversion and GO!!

Now us, 6th gen maxima drivers, already have headlights which are designed for HID use.. Soo it dont matter which kit you buy, from an OEM 5000 or 6000K to show purpose 12000K 20000 30000K, you will not have a setup which will blind people... the beam pattern will be the exact same as an OEM hid equipped maxima..... As you noticed in my pics, i have installed 20000K extreme blue hids, and not being shown, 3000K yellow in my fogs.. I didnt do this to "see better" as yuou may see otherwise i would have done 6000K, basically just to add to the look of my front end, but on the other hand, look at the beam pattern.. it doesnt shoot the light any higher then it should be , and i have never been high beamed by anyone..

Anyways i didnt mean to bore you, however i do sell kits which are warrantied.... I dont know what the rules ehre are about advertising, soo i will not post any bulletins advertising my products, and if i can, i wmill talk to the owner of this forums and see about being a sponser.. soo thats all i have to say
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 AM

holly **** ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that is a long *** post...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
KC's FINEST

Anything above 6-8k is senseless.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ExoTiC ILLuMiNaTioNs
im quite happy with the HIDS in my car..

Now us, 6th gen maxima drivers, already have headlights which are designed for HID use.. Soo it dont matter which kit you buy, from an OEM 5000 or 6000K to show purpose 12000K 20000 30000K, you will not have a setup which will blind people....

False. First off, OEM is 4100-4300k. Also, the projector that the halogen equipped Maxima uses in completely different from the e55 bi-xenon projector that is in the HID equipped Max. The only similarity between the two is the way the cut-offs are designed. Trust me, I know. I just switched out the crap bi-halogen projectors for some e55 bi-xenon's. Please do your research before you continue to spread this false information about the halogen and xenon projectors being the same.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:31 PM

im not a know it all on bulbs and hid parts. but im going to be ordering my bulbs tonight or tommorow. be4 i do i need to just be sure is it OK to just buy two 6000k D2S bulbs and put them in? i have the factory bi-xenon hid kit 4300k bulbs

thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by bdmaxima
im not a know it all on bulbs and hid parts. but im going to be ordering my bulbs tonight or tommorow. be4 i do i need to just be sure is it OK to just buy two 6000k D2S bulbs and put them in? i have the factory bi-xenon hid kit 4300k bulbs

thanks
Yes it's fine if you want a light that is more blue with less light output. I dont see the point but if you want it more blue, thats up to you.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by sonikbewm
False. First off, OEM is 4100-4300k. Also, the projector that the halogen equipped Maxima uses in completely different from the e55 bi-xenon projector that is in the HID equipped Max. The only similarity between the two is the way the cut-offs are designed. Trust me, I know. I just switched out the crap bi-halogen projectors for some e55 bi-xenon's. Please do your research before you continue to spread this false information about the halogen and xenon projectors being the same.

How is it completely different??? My statement was telling people that by putting these kits, regardless of which K you buy, that you will NOT blind people..

Im not intending on saying your wrong or starting any kinda bicker war with you, but my headlights are very even with the bumper of the car thats in front of me.... Ive installed these kits on cars that are totally not designed for HIDS.. for example, my brothers 98 Yukon... this truck completely blinded oncomming traffic... and if there was a car in front of me, my headlights shine right into the oncoming cars window into their face..

Ive never been high beamed once in my maxima.. The headlights shine directly even with the headlights and the cars bumper in front of me... Heck i even passed inspection today when i thought it really wouldnt...

To sum it up, i am not disagreeing with you that the housings are the same.. Ive never personally dealt with the housings on Existing HID maximas, however my statemment was implying that you can put aftermarket HIDs in our car without it being an eyesoar to other drivers... i can take pics to back it up also.

Joe
Old 03-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Kryogen
Yes it's fine if you want a light that is more blue with less light output. I dont see the point but if you want it more blue, thats up to you.

6000K isnt the slightesttt bit blue... Its probably the whitest light ive ever seen..

I have done 4300k and 5000k in a few cars and i noticed they were pure white, however they had a SLIGHTLY yellowish hue to them.. 6000K was the most GODLY pure white i have ever dealt with.... once you hit 8000K, then youll start seeing blue
Old 03-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by ExoTiC ILLuMiNaTioNs
6000K isnt the slightesttt bit blue... Its probably the whitest light ive ever seen..

I have done 4300k and 5000k in a few cars and i noticed they were pure white, however they had a SLIGHTLY yellowish hue to them.. 6000K was the most GODLY pure white i have ever dealt with.... once you hit 8000K, then youll start seeing blue
Dunno about that.... maybe I was seeing things but I think I've seen 6000ks with somewhat of a blue accent to them.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:49 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by sonikbewm
Best post in this thread.

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
2nd best post in this thread.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:33 AM
SuPeRmOd

I don't even know what to do with this thread...

maybe make it a STICKY labeled "what not to do"

a tid bit of info:
stock HID is 4300k. It is a white light. pretty much the greatest light output available. since the projector is bi-xenon, a shutter cuts the light to create a low beam. the light hitting this shutter causes a "bluish" light to be seen at certain angles.

Therefore all the ricers make blue bulbs to mimic this look cheaply. Some simply like the blue look. but 4300k is the most white creating the most output.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:43 AM

I think you just missed my point with this thread.

The problem is that there are no reputable companies selling hid kits and backing their products. It's all "kits" from china and we dont really know whats in it.

They label the parts mcculloch, phillips, hella, osram, etc, but most of the time it's all fake. Mcculloch doesnt even make HID kits [...]

That was my point
Old 03-30-2008, 11:47 AM
SuPeRmOd

seems pointless to make a thread about it.

if it's too good to be true, it is.
this is nothing new about anything you buy.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:34 AM
nancyliu

silly spammers

Last edited by NismoMax80; 05-28-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:44 AM

Check this site out. Nuff said

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/