6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

new parts for transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:49 PM

new parts for transmission

I have been doing some extensive searching for transmission upgrades and found that we as maxima owners are not alone. Our transmission is in other vehicles as well and have been since 2001 or so. I found this link http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...ts_s/19687.htm . I am currently getting my tranny beefed up do to having gone through 2 in less than 65k miles. the people doing the work are talking about using B&M parts. So we will see. once the car is done I will post up talking about what parts were put in and let you know how it works for me. Not sure whether or not I can get pictures of work being done but I will deffinitly ask the shop doing the work. If anyone finds parts for this transmission please post. My car is going down tomorrow morning and don't know how long the work will take.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:50 PM

http://www.levelten.com/store/Nissan.htm here are some more parts. a bit on the expensive side though.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:54 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Who's doing the work?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:05 AM

a company called all trans out of honolulu, Hawaii
Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 AM

good luck w/ the whole deal and hope it works out
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM

so yea that was fun. like 20 min before I take my car in I decide to try and call B&M performance to see what they offer for my car and needless to say nothing. So I call the shop and ask what kind of crap they were trying to blow up my kilt and the sales rep was like "uh um I'm not sure then" " uh let me talk with my manager and see what he meant." She told me to call back later when the parts guy was there before I came in to see what he was talking about. I asked so now you are not sure if you can even look at my car, and she said no I need to talk with the manager first. So I told her to have the manager call me. 5 minutes later he calls and realizes that I have done my research and refers me to another shop that does electrical analysis for a fix. He told me over the phone he thought it was an electrical problem and to take it to this other shop that has better equipment to find out the exact problem. So that is what I am doing needless to say on sat. If it is something electrical, I am going to have it swapped out for something better and more efficient. I believe from my research that it is a solinoid issue. I will know on saturday and will keep people posted as most are experiencing the same issues I am. Then I went to a different shop and asked if he could beef this tranny up for me and right off the bat he said I can if there are parts available for it. told me he will do some research and get back to me this afternoon. That is what I want to hear. Someone else do the leg work that has experience with this stuff and not feed me BS because they are a well known company and are trying to make a few dollars.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Why not just ask Chernmax he has done this already to his car. Hey has a turbo kit installed and beefed up his trany.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM

I have heard nothing but good stuff from level10 but they are expensive, but you can buy the rebuild kit from them and have a competent rebuilder do it for you.... just make sure you get trans cooler after.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:56 PM

yea so go figure I take my car in to a highly reputable electric shop. The tech took a look at it and told me that the electical part is fine and that he found one of my engine mounts jacked up which is causing the car to slam into gear. He told me to replace the mount and put better inserts in there to fix that problem. He said the reason the car revs up 5-600rpm before it hits gear is because the computer inside the car is building pressure up to give me the throttle response I am looking for. He said there are pressure regulators that work better than the stock ones on here and to do some research on that not on a new torque converter and gears and what not. the car is built to protect the tranny but with bad mounts means bad alignment which ends in replacing transmission. So now I am on the hunt for engine mounts. I found some but to replace them all would be rediculous. with sleeves and labor ouch. might as well buy a new tranny