6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Are you obssessed with your Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are you obssessed with your Maxima?

Some friends and family I know claim I am in love with my car, because I enjoy modifying it and I take care of it. My neighbors once remarked that they couldn't believe I washed the rain off my car and they quip about it occasionally. I find myself looking at the car, much like Lumberg in the movie Office Space when he gets out of his blue Porsche at the beginning of the movie. I fond myself daydreaming about whatever project I'm working on, and future projects. It led me to wondering if I was obsessed with my car. So, I wondered if anyone else is obsessed or accused of being obsessed with their Maxima? If so, share your stories.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:12 AM

I'm completely obsessed with the maxima as a car no matter the generation. My wife gets so pissed when I have the slightest problem with it. Why? Because of the amount of time I spend modding it and maintaining it any time a real problem arises she freaks out. "I'm so sick and tired of you and your car!! That's all you talk about! That's all you spend your money on". I work every day, pay my bills and take care of my daughter, and damn it, if I want to be obsessed with my car I got every right to be! It's not like I go out the noodie bars and play golf 4 to 5 times a week like some of my friends.

I enjoy each and every project on my car. It gives my best friend (who is a mechanic) and myself something to do. I'm anxious about the next project, kyb/eibach install this weekend. It's tuesday and I'm aching for saturday to arrive to do the install.

Yes, obsessed.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:17 AM

I love my maxima. It is just a great all around car. Great for cruising and surprising performance. I must admit since getting my WRx I havent given her oo much time this thread has reminded me of that. I think for a while at least I will always own a maxima.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:49 AM

Unfortunately its always thinking "I'm going to put ____ in it next and thats all the modding for a while." Then install whatever and find something else I want to do to it. So yes...
Old 07-22-2008, 12:22 PM

im am totaly obsessed with maxi. im always thinking about what to put next. when im not driving it, i think about driving it. i dont even care about these gas prices. even though im broke cause all the stuff i have bought. thank you forums.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Some friends and family I know claim I am in love with my car, because I enjoy modifying it and I take care of it. My neighbors once remarked that they couldn't believe I washed the rain off my car and they quip about it occasionally..
Obsessed, I hope not but probably close. One guy at work told me, "your car is always clean" (yeah I wash a couple times a week), I told him, "Why have a nice car and drive around in it all dirty" My wife and I went to see Sinbad, and he ask for complaints, she said I don't clean anything but my car, he told her to get with the program; "If you want something clean, put it in his car"

I find myself looking at the car, much like Lumberg in the movie Office Space when he gets out of his blue Porsche at the beginning of the movie. I fond myself daydreaming about whatever project I'm working on, and future projects. It led me to wondering if I was obsessed with my car. So, I wondered if anyone else is obsessed or accused of being obsessed with their Maxima? If so, share your stories.
I don't dream about modding it, but I do love to take it to the track. I can't wait to get my stereo up and running 100% and find some good ways to make it go faster.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
*moderator*

Yes, and how do I know? (besides the never ending mods, the never ending washing/waxing, the never ending everythign else)

It's that last look I get in before the garage door closes, and I know that this is my car and I love it...
Old 07-22-2008, 01:01 PM

I love your car too. So does alot of other orgers!

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Yes, and how do I know? (besides the never ending mods, the never ending washing/waxing, the never ending everythign else)

It's that last look I get in before the garage door closes, and I know that this is my car and I love it...
Old 07-22-2008, 01:06 PM

Im done modding...I sware...seriously. By the way, I have the sweetest bass **** install ever...looks stock. Enough about me though...love the max.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:22 PM

I too am obsessed with my max. I haven't been able to modify it much,(a cops salary doesnt pay well). But I do wash it once a week and Zaino it at the same time, it must have over thirty coats of Zaino on it, the water beads so nicely. I get a lot of strange looks when I dry it off with a leaf blower(i find this prevents scratches and gets the water out of the creases and door handle areas). I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM

I've had mine for just over 4 months now... and I will admit I think it about it MUCH more than any other car I've ever had.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:52 PM

I might end up being obsessed. This 08 is my first Max ever, but my wife used to drive them and always loved hers. My first mod is the SE spoiler on my SL. It might trigger more mods.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:25 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Maybe just a little...... I don't want my Maxima to look like every other 6th gen that pops up around the neighbor hood. I see baby seats in one or a old person in another or just a lot of old/normal fashion people in this car. Besides the big rims that the other people throw on there, I want my Maxima to stand out. Go to cardomain and all you see is 20's. There is no request for anything else and this is all we get.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:11 PM

i think thanks to these forums ive become even more obsessed if i dont have money for what i want next, i make sure i get that money. i also dont care about gas prices i just take my car out for cruises at least once a day
Old 07-22-2008, 04:28 PM

i am absolutely obsesed with my 04 SL. the oither mechanics at work harass me all the time about it "its just some old man car" "it dosnt even look that nice" i just tell him he drives a cavalier and dosnt know anything about performance or classy cars....then he walks away
Old 07-22-2008, 05:28 PM

My Wife thinks that I spend too much time looking after my car...cleaning, polishing, touch-up paint fixing, modding etc. ect. etc. I just think I'm normal...even my neighbor likes to joke,"Hey there...with all that washing you're going to wear out the paint!" That's ok I know he's almost as bad....he's alway cleaning his Pathfinder wheels. My daughter loves the sound of the CAI and my friend calls her my grille friend. My dealer thinks I should sell her and get this or that....they also sell Infiniti. So I keep telling them I love my car and don't need a new one "yet"! And so now the next mod will be the spacer. And after all, all of us here are car guys and gals! Just like Mr Meguiars says,"We do it cause we love it and it brings us together with others just like us!"

Cheers everyone and have a great summer!

Last edited by xorbitman; 07-22-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:57 PM

i can say i am obsessed with my car. lucky me this max was my first car. i am in love with not only cause it is my first car but just because of how i believe it is the sh**. i may not hav many mods as u other guys but i enjoy havin the lil mods i have for now and i know that as time goes on my mod list will grow and the max aka BUFFY will get better and better.

just also statin my family and most of my friends think im crzy bout it. some think its a problem but i think its just a passion.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 PM

yeah man i love this car. i be dreaming about it everynight man. hahah jokin. but yeah man i love it i love it i love it
Old 07-22-2008, 06:49 PM

is it weird tht i named mine Maxine? i know its corny but i like it
Old 07-22-2008, 07:27 PM

I used to be...
Old 07-22-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by grayte199
I too am obsessed with my max. I haven't been able to modify it much,(a cops salary doesnt pay well). But I do wash it once a week and Zaino it at the same time, it must have over thirty coats of Zaino on it, the water beads so nicely. I get a lot of strange looks when I dry it off with a leaf blower(i find this prevents scratches and gets the water out of the creases and door handle areas). I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY DUDE!!!....I thought I was the only one...
The wife makes fun of me all the time "why the hell are you using a leaf blower to dry the car out??? Do you miss that much not living in a house???
Answer - Um, no!! Because your mom has a KICK@SS one and because we live in a Condo!!

FYI - I am so obsessed that I park all the way in row A (We have rows A-J at work, 2 rows in each letter), and the enterance is in row "G" so needless to say it's crazy packed in the two "G" rows. I park all the way in row "A" or lately (in the summer and spring) below one of the tunnels where we enter (it takes me about 5-10 mins to walk to the main enterance but it's worth every second because I know that my maxima is going to be safe and sound from any dings and scratches) - maybe I AM a bit obsessed...oh well, it's a problem I am GLAD to have fellas...

Cheers!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Newbie just Registered

Yes, I am.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
I used to be...

So what happen?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by SmokinMaxSE
Maybe just a little...... I don't want my Maxima to look like every other 6th gen that pops up around the neighbor hood. I see baby seats in one or a old person in another or just a lot of old/normal fashion people in this car. Besides the big rims that the other people throw on there, I want my Maxima to stand out. Go to cardomain and all you see is 20's. There is no request for anything else and this is all we get.

I got a baby seat in mine, nothing wrong with that!! I also have 20's but am the only member with my rims that I know of...

And um what..."There is no request for anything else and this is all we get."
Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Yesterday, I was so interested in seeing what my car looked like being driven around, that I had a friend of mine drive it, and I drove her car behind mine, just so I could see what it looked like to others. I also wanted to make sure the LED brake light worked in my diffuser and that nothing was falling off. Ive never seen my car being driven before, so it was odd. No wonder people stare. Im officially in love with it, lol
Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 AM

I am pretty much obsessed as well

i find myself thinkin about it, while at work, school, home, basically anywhere...

whenever i park her, i cant keep my eyes off of her, keep on turning my head to get another glance

always keepin it clean, the mod bug bit me at the wrong time, and now i am broke as a joke lol (been without a check for 5 weeks now, but got a better job, so its about to change around)

when i park it in the garage, i look at it for the longest time lol...
sometimes its the 1st thing i check in the morning... dream about it all the times....

i can go on forever.... lol ( i taut something was wrong with me lol...)
Old 07-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Guilty as charged!!! Photo's taken 7/21/08

Last edited by chernmax; 07-23-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by bushness

FYI - I am so obsessed that I park all the way in row A (We have rows A-J at work, 2 rows in each letter), and the enterance is in row "G" so needless to say it's crazy packed in the two "G" rows. I park all the way in row "A" or lately (in the summer and spring) below one of the tunnels where we enter (it takes me about 5-10 mins to walk to the main enterance but it's worth every second because I know that my maxima is going to be safe and sound from any dings and scratches) - maybe I AM a bit obsessed...oh well, it's a problem I am GLAD to have fellas...

Cheers!
lol dude i use to work at pathmark. i would park my car alllllllll the way at the end of the lot. sometimes my manager would tell me to stop looking out the window, cause i would look just to make sure its still there and fine. even at times when it was snowing or raining hard i wouldn't care.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by grayte199
Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 AM

A few months back we (me and my wife) were looking for a new place to move to. While I kept insisting on moving to a particular part of the town, she kept insisting that wasn't a good place to move as it would be far from my work. Little did she know that I was only looking for ways to drive my Max a little more everyday.

I consider myself obsessed with my Max but haven't had the opportunity to do mods till now. Hope to start soon.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 AM

Wow i thouhgt i was the only one that was obsessed with my car and yes (DeusExMaxima) my wife is so sick of that car the washing the moding but like u siad i work and pay the bills please leave me alone wow thats great to hear
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 AM

Yesterday, I was so interested in seeing what my car looked like being driven around, that I had a friend of mine drive it, and I drove HER car behind mine, just so I could see what it looked like to others. I also wanted to make sure the LED brake light worked in my diffuser and that nothing was falling off. Ive never seen my car being driven before, so it was odd. No wonder people stare. Im officially in love with it, lol
That is awesome! I want a female that can control a stick...car...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:06 AM

Hi my name is Jarred, and im addicted to maximas...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
*moderator*

This is funny, good thread Deus, yes watching your car being driven is cool, see my video on my car domain. I even filmed it being driven!! Then I look to my photobucket account and there's over 350 photos uploaded (I only use this for car stuff) Of all my last cars that I have had, I can maybe find one or two photos....lol

SHIFT_Obsessed
Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 AM

Thanks J. U only have 350 photos???? I hate to think how many I have
Old 07-23-2008, 09:47 AM

Yesterday, I was so interested in seeing what my car looked like being driven around, that I had a friend of mine drive it, and I drove her car behind mine, just so I could see what it looked like to others. I also wanted to make sure the LED brake light worked in my diffuser and that nothing was falling off. Ive never seen my car being driven before, so it was odd. No wonder people stare. Im officially in love with it, lol

LOL the ole' let me watch my car go by. I had my wife drive off in it the other day, I gotta say the Nismo Exhaust sounds even better from the outside of the car. I gotta get a video of that one

Originally Posted by chernmax
Guilty as charged!!! Photo's taken 7/21/08

Tru that! You been to the track with that turbo yet Chern?
Old 07-23-2008, 09:49 AM

Obsessions is a tough word. I bought my Max because it was the best car, best value and I knew I would have it for a long period of time. This is why I also keep it in perfect condtion. I guess I check my tire pressure and oil and fluids more than normal but just hit 90k and not a bit of trouble. For some of you that know I drive my Max from NY to Vegas every winter and it has never let me down. I don't believe in Mods and have just tinted the windows and installed drilled and slotted rotors. Hail the Max, simply a great car!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
*moderator*

lol, that's only pics I've uploaded to photobucket. Yeah I'd hate to think how many I actually have...
Old 07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
*moderator*

Like this? (I showed this to my wife and she's bummed the min passed her by, she wants to make another one!!)

Old 07-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
Like this? (I showed this to my wife and she's bummed the min passed her by, she wants to make another one!!)
That's right, get that Mini bastard...

Quick Reply: Are you obssessed with your Maxima?