6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

6th Gen Eyelids and Maintenance Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by po8pimp
ohh those eyelids look like my vinyl sidemarker covers. either way awesome addition. if no one sells them vinyl should do just fine. easy to make and cheap too. My sidemaker covers were $14 so I tipped the kid who put them on like $20 to do it. Plus he showed me how to do it and gave me extra vinyl enough to do about 2 more sets of sidemaker covers. Soap and water and a piece of cardboard to smooth out bubbles. then a hair dryer or the sun to dry them. not too close with the hairdryer though.

Sorry vinyl is a tape, nothing like these!!! They MAY look like them in a picture but side by side you can tell the difference!!! Now I'm not bustin since I support the work Bat does. I just have different taste...
Old 01-19-2009, 06:17 PM

Cool eyes dude...giving me ideas
Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 PM

I bought those things like a year ago, one of them flew off on thye freeway. LOL! I didnt like' em.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by UNFADEABLE MAX
I bought those things like a year ago, one of them flew off on thye freeway. LOL! I didnt like' em.
................ Mine seem to be hanging on tight!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 PM

Since I pulled out my Turbo and shipped it off to Turbonetics to get a leaking seal fixed I decided to remove my left front headlight and front bumper to fix 1 LED in the headight that goes to my Halo's and 2 that were out on my front bumper that shines on my Intercooler (for night shows and meets). While the bumper was off, I also decided to paint small rock chips, clay bar, and wax it!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 PM

WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE HALOS???? They seem to fit flush/perfect to the headlight not like the floaters I usually see....
Old 01-20-2009, 03:37 AM
GrandPa

Looking good there my brother. I love the LED's around the grille area.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Icons04SilverMax

WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE HALOS???? They seem to fit flush/perfect to the headlight not like the floaters I usually see....
customlightz.com location is in VA.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Icons04SilverMax

They are not a kit, I had them done at www.Customlightz.com. Great guys (Richard/Bjorn), great prices and you can even ship your lights to them to get them modded. I drove down to Richmond, VA to their shop and had them done as well as had the insides painted which was even better since they also did all the wiring and power switch install. I later integrated my PIAA 9000 fog halo's and Bumper LED's all into the same switch for night shows/meets. Once I reinstall my Turbo, I will remount the headlight and front bumper and I will take a picture of everything on at once.

Contact Info: Bjorn@customlightz.com, or send me an AOL IM to "C Lightz"

Telephone:

We are located in Richmond, Virginia

Please have parts delivered to (NOTE: No USPS):

Tim in parts
ATTN: Custom Lightz
7100 West Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23294

UPS, DHL, and Fedex ONLY. US Postal Service (USPS) will not deliver to this business address.

Last edited by chernmax; 01-20-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I thought about it.

What if i get headlight film and cut it to look like an eyelid i dont want to cover the whole light bc it may take away from my HID'S! i also wanted to cover the side of the light as well. Im debating if i should do, wat if it looks tacky. Let me know whatcha think.!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maxipad
I thought about it.

What if i get headlight film and cut it to look like an eyelid i dont want to cover the whole light bc it may take away from my HID'S! i also wanted to cover the side of the light as well. Im debating if i should do, wat if it looks tacky. Let me know whatcha think.!
Bat already makes a vinyl film type eyelid and side light cover for 6th Gen Max headlights (excellent quality) My eyelids don't cover any of my factory Xeon HID's...
Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by AceofSpds
Yes i know what is stated in the post.

But why would you have the catch can if the crankcase air is just going to get released into open atmosphere.

Edit: I guess ill re-elaborate what im getting at. On a properly setup crankcase vent system the air is flowing OUT of that hose and to the Catch can correct? Then Continues flow outward to your filter there and out into open atmosphere. What is the point of catching oil particles that are already outbound when they are not going to be doing any harm. Except possibly a slightly more grimy engine bay. The catch can would be doing you more benefit if it were between your intake manifold and the VC. And not between an open element filter and VC.
Originally Posted by chernmax
With My Speed Force Racing Turbo kit, a small filter was sent to replace the hose from the crankshalf vent which then vent into the engine bay, well that soon got oily and yes it started blowing back residual oil into the engine bay and I love a clean engine so I custom made ($25) an oil catch can to trap the oil and still allow proper venting. So to elaborate, it was a cleanliness thing for me.
Based on what I've read a few times now, a properly designed catch can system should still recirculate the air, not vent, for a few good reasons.

Maybe I missed this, but what's the CFM rating on your new air filter? What's the CFM rating on your old K&N filter?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Based on what I've read a few times now, a properly designed catch can system should still recirculate the air, not vent, for a few good reasons.

Maybe I missed this, but what's the CFM rating on your new air filter? What's the CFM rating on your old K&N filter?
Wow honestly I don't know, never considered it but if there is something I'm missing please post, I'd like to ensure I'm doing this correctly!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:09 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Chern, Who are you working with at turbonetics? tyler tanaka? I lived in simi valley and have meet him a few times... he played hockey w/ my buddies ... he had a sick GSX eclipse ... something crazy like 500 hp LOL

Are they still located in simi valley?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
Chern, Who are you working with at turbonetics? tyler tanaka? I lived in simi valley and have meet him a few times... he played hockey w/ my buddies ... he had a sick GSX eclipse ... something crazy like 500 hp LOL

Are they still located in simi valley?
I shipped it back to Tim (TurboTim) at Speed Force Racing since I purchased it from them and he sent it to Turbonetics.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Maxipad
I can not find any eyelids for my 07. Somebody gota have them or know were i can gt em.
thanks
sadela
I am about to send a template to autoaccessory.com..Lee is his name in fact, and he will design them... you can create your own design and send it to them and they will fabricate it..

yeah your name was pretty original made me chuckle..lol
Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 PM

where did u get those lids from?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sickler
where did u get those lids from?
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/ho...=14&mid2=25271
Old 01-24-2009, 06:14 PM

what do you guys think of this carbon fiber eyelid for our 6th gen It's $99. Think this would look good on my color car or should i get the plain blacks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARBO...spagenameZWD1V
Old 03-01-2009, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by po8pimp
First I wanna say welcome to the org. Second I love the name.... Ohh and to answer your question I did a search and couldn't find anything for the 07-08 model. However you can do what I have done and make a template of what you want and go to a shop that does signs or even one online and have them make you them. Bluebat I believe also sells them, not sure if they are for the 07 and 08.

I have them for 07-08's .

Bat™
Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
They are not a kit, I had them done at www.Customlightz.com. Great guys (Richard/Bjorn), great prices and you can even ship your lights to them to get them modded. I drove down to Richmond, VA to their shop and had them done as well as had the insides painted which was even better since they also did all the wiring and power switch install. I later integrated my PIAA 9000 fog halo's and Bumper LED's all into the same switch for night shows/meets. Once I reinstall my Turbo, I will remount the headlight and front bumper and I will take a picture of everything on at once.

Contact Info: Bjorn@customlightz.com, or send me an AOL IM to "C Lightz"

Telephone:

We are located in Richmond, Virginia

Please have parts delivered to (NOTE: No USPS):

Tim in parts
ATTN: Custom Lightz
7100 West Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23294

UPS, DHL, and Fedex ONLY. US Postal Service (USPS) will not deliver to this business address.
I have to go up to Richmond in a few weeks, might need to get this done while I am there.