6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Front vs. Rear ride hight

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:28 PM

Front vs. Rear ride hight

so i recently changed my front struts like 2 months ago....
now this is really erkin' the hell out of me.... the ride sits...high and low. I've noticed other maxima with this front to rear ride high difference...i hate it....
so to fix it...does that mean I'd have to use lowering spring in the front?
mind you I live in NYC...not the best roads in the world...
now on to the pics...

Front:
New Nissan Struts

Rear:
No strut change here:

Lower springs for just the front does not make sense....
its a rough ride as it is living in Queens NY....
your input is greatly appreciated....
Old 12-09-2008, 08:29 PM

they all have that mismatched ride height. if you lower it with eibachs you will get a 2 inch drop front and .8 inch drop n the rear to help even it out. it wont be perfect but significantly better
Old 12-09-2008, 11:19 PM

Here's my before & after thread on my FRONT progress drop.

http://www.6thgenmaxima.org/forums/v...049&highlight=
Old 12-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Thanks. What's the ride quality like with dropped springs of the caliber? On my twin turbo 300zx I did the .8 drop with adjustable kyb agx. It was a good ride. But how would this stack up on a maxima, especially in NYC
Old 12-10-2008, 12:00 AM

Has anyone here ever lowered the front only on their 6th gen. Is there any downsides to it. I dont corner crazy, but would like a lower front.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:02 AM

i was thinking of doing it, (lowering the front only) but is there any pro's and con's ? If any of you guys have this kind of set up, pls. give us your views.

thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 06:25 AM

When I put my Progress springs on I did the fronts only at first, b/c I ran out of time that weekend to finish the job. I rode for maybe a month with the OEM rears. The ride height looked more balanced but the ride was very unnerving b/c the front was tight and predictable while the rear wallowed over road bumps and felt like it was going to step out on me at 70 mph. The ride is much more predictable and tighter with the matched set. I live in Cleveland, the poorest city in the Union and our roads are crap but I am satisfied with the Progress ride. On normal roads they are great, on the side streets that have potholes and blacktop patches the ride is less than desirable but tolerable. I also changed my struts to the Monroe SensaTracs which are 10x's better than my origional setup of OEM struts with the Progress springs. The quality struts really helped smooth out the ride. Also look into the H&R springs if you want a little less drop and a little more ride quality than either Progress or Eibach but be prepared to pay more money.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
When I put my Progress springs on I did the fronts only at first, b/c I ran out of time that weekend to finish the job. I rode for maybe a month with the OEM rears. The ride height looked more balanced but the ride was very unnerving b/c the front was tight and predictable while the rear wallowed over road bumps and felt like it was going to step out on me at 70 mph. The ride is much more predictable and tighter with the matched set. I live in Cleveland, the poorest city in the Union and our roads are crap but I am satisfied with the Progress ride. On normal roads they are great, on the side streets that have potholes and blacktop patches the ride is less than desirable but tolerable. I also changed my struts to the Monroe SensaTracs which are 10x's better than my origional setup of OEM struts with the Progress springs. The quality struts really helped smooth out the ride. Also look into the H&R springs if you want a little less drop and a little more ride quality than either Progress or Eibach but be prepared to pay more money.

thanks for the info . appreciate it....
Old 12-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Check out Tien too, they are pretty famous for their suspension systems.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
Hey thanks BadBlackMaxSL. that was some great info. I will look into the H&R's
Old 12-10-2008, 05:31 PM

thanks for all the info....