6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

04 maxima or 03 Lincoln ls v8?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Kof

Most answers to this question will be biased to the maxima.

But test drive both see what you like better. And imo comparing a v6 to a v8 i think of gas first before anything else.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 PM

let me say first off I,m hearing that parts are gonna be cheaper on a lincoln, B.S. those are made by Ford technically and considered premium at that. Those mugs are money pits. It is ironic that 3 months ago I to was between a Ls and a maxima and at a low budget. I was in love with the Ls until I looked on some forums and parts suppliers. When ya buy something for a Lincoln You are buying the name as well kinda like a BMW. But always remember Jap cars have been going far over 100,000 miles for well over twenty years I have always drove domestic cars ( mostly General motors) and ya really gotta baby one to get 150,000k out of it.My max is a 2004 SL with 222,000 miles on it and runs flawlessly with no replacements other than air compressor (knock on wood) if it quits today it has done well.At My local Toyota dealer they have a Toyota pickup ( 22RE engine) totally rusted out and filthy all over, Ther is a sign on it saying 540,000 miles start me. They sat a glass of water on the breather and it starts and idlles without spilling a drop of water. Have ya ever seen a American car do that? The Japs study more, work harder and understand value far more than We Americans do, We have got lazy and got behind. Sad but true. Imports are king of the road but it will be interesting to see if they start cutting corners because of that. maxman7
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Get the maxima! Those LS's were ****ty cars.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by maxman7
let me say first off I,m hearing that parts are gonna be cheaper on a lincoln, B.S. those are made by Ford technically and considered premium at that. Those mugs are money pits. It is ironic that 3 months ago I to was between a Ls and a maxima and at a low budget. I was in love with the Ls until I looked on some forums and parts suppliers. When ya buy something for a Lincoln You are buying the name as well kinda like a BMW. But always remember Jap cars have been going far over 100,000 miles for well over twenty years I have always drove domestic cars ( mostly General motors) and ya really gotta baby one to get 150,000k out of it.My max is a 2004 SL with 222,000 miles on it and runs flawlessly with no replacements other than air compressor (knock on wood) if it quits today it has done well.At My local Toyota dealer they have a Toyota pickup ( 22RE engine) totally rusted out and filthy all over, Ther is a sign on it saying 540,000 miles start me. They sat a glass of water on the breather and it starts and idlles without spilling a drop of water. Have ya ever seen a American car do that? The Japs study more, work harder and understand value far more than We Americans do, We have got lazy and got behind. Sad but true. Imports are king of the road but it will be interesting to see if they start cutting corners because of that. maxman7
222,000 miles??? Whoa!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
222,000 miles??? Whoa!!!!
Thats gotta be the highest mileage 6th gen in the world!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:13 PM

Those Ls's are some of most unreliable cars made,look at the resale on any of those Lincoln's. They are turds.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had a choice between the two myself,and i was leaning towards the lincoln because it had navi,but went with the maxima .i was told by a lot of people that was the better choice.and the max had better leg room
Old 04-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had a choice between the two myself,and i was leaning towards the lincoln because it had navi,but went with the maxima .i was told by a lot of people that was the better choice.and the max had better leg room.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i personally would buy a sentra and put a maxi motor in it like i did (well i didn't do it personally but ya know) my aunt had a bad *** 96 max gle and you can't compare the VQ to any ford engine....period end of store. VQ owns. im bolted and my little sentra hits high 12's w/DR's. that lincoln will need some NOZZZ or FI to get anywhere near that.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sub_Zero
I had a choice between the two myself,and i was leaning towards the lincoln because it had navi,but went with the maxima .i was told by a lot of people that was the better choice.and the max had better leg room

I test drove both cars and at the end of the day the Lincoln is just a fully loaded ford bro. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go and bash on the American vehicles, but suspension and engine wise...you CAN NOT compete with imports man, epecially the VQ35DE...that engine is epic (biggest reason why I bought the 6th gen, and loving every minute!!)

you made a wicked decision bud, trust me
Old 04-13-2009, 02:12 PM

My friend has a 2002 Lincoln LS with 130,000 KM on it and it has been flawless. I think it has been at the dealership for routine maintenance and that's it. You can say the Maxima is a piece of **** car, look at how many problems it has had. The Lincolns V6 or V8 is a proven reliable engine.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6
Get the maxima! Those LS's were ****ty cars.
My mom had the LS and it was nothing but headache after headache. Little things like the motor for the door windows would go on the fritz. There weren't any engine or tranny issues but those little things add up and they would occur regularly. You could argue that many items were covered by warranty parameters but I want my car to be on the road without routine inconveniences. That’s just me.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Banned

Unless you are over the age of 65, get the maxima so you dont look like a fool.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Unless you are over the age of 65, get the maxima so you dont look like a fool.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Punmax
My friend has a 2002 Lincoln LS with 130,000 KM on it and it has been flawless. I think it has been at the dealership for routine maintenance and that's it. You can say the Maxima is a piece of **** car, look at how many problems it has had. The Lincolns V6 or V8 is a proven reliable engine.
How do you figure that the V8 is reliable? I bought an 02 LS V8 and had it for 5 weeks. It had 50K on it when I bought it. It was at the dealer for 3 of the 5 weeks that I owned it, and cost me $500 in repairs, and the stupid dealer STILL COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT! It had a hard start issue, which, if you do a little research, you would see was one of MANY known problems with that V8 motor. Let's not even talk about the fact that since it is a Jag motor, the parts are not exactly cheap for it either. Needless to say, after 5 weeks of owning that turd, I took it right to my local Nissan dealer (Shameless plug for North Olmsted Nissan!) and they hooked me up with a pristine 07 SE fully loaded (17K miles on it). I've since read many reviews on the V8 LS's, and from what I've found, the bad reviews FAR outweigh the good reviews.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 PM

seriously?

MAX
Old 04-17-2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Punmax

:matt93se:
Old 04-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The choice is really up to you, after all you are the one that will be driving the car day after day. But if I were to choose one, I'd definatly go with the Maxima. As for american cars being inferior to japanese cars, that is not always the case take for example, I have owned 3 Maximas a 93gxe 96gle and a 96se all were money pits with lots of issues here and there, compared to my 2k Olds alero coupe which has been solid for me with no issues *knock on wood* It really matters how well the car has been maintained. As a side note, fords have never treated me good, from the tbird, to the mustang i had <both 4.6...mustang being a 98 cobra DOHC...> they had constant issues.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

^+1 on the 2000 alero coupe. my g/f has one and it just rolled over 170k miles and still runs like a champ...doesn't like to start on big inclines but hey. if you had been ridden for 170k miles you would wanna be babied 2. its also be totaled twice. (hence the reason she has never driven my vq swapped sentra). only once was her fault though. and yet it is still going strong right now. its either chevy or nissan for me hands down.